Chapter 3: Return to Stormshelm

Eric

image.png.79cebedff3273afc843e00fa28214ebf.png

Golan gracious that ,that was now over, shifts and angles and lowers himself safely back to the ground.

"Well no, i didn't get close to a spider,but i did hear a noise,whilst looking for where Yorp and Rylan went,and well ,of course i couldn't be certain it was them,or what i presumed was other kobolds, perhaps not as friendly as Yorp...So i climbed up here.. and made a noise to try and lure them out! but it wasn't Kobolds that came out..so i just froze and hoped they would wander off.. not towards you all i hoped.. but then you all came this way..and well...goodness prevailed..."

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

f_hum_fighter.png.46ffd441cd9da9ff09443b3174ccc185.pngVanya nudges the cleaved wreckage of the zombie she destroyed, a self-satisfied expression on her face. She moves to wipe her sword on the creature's clothing, then thinks better of it. She pulls a rag from her belt pouch and cleans her blade with that instead.

"Hell yes, goodness prevailed. Well fought, everyone. Now, what did we learn about wandering away from the group?"

spacer.png

"Ah, you needn't thank me!" answered Thorkell, purposefully misunderstanding Vanya's question, an impish smile on his lips. He turned to Golan and added: "I am certain you'd have done the same for me! Anyway, all's well that ends well and all that.

By the way, where *is* Yorp and Rylan?"

image.png.43d2d6ae4e6cc87532fc661aa2253990.png
Stoyan Barakovsen

"Teamwork," Stoyan states simply. It was instinctive for dwarves to act together against a common enemy. It was good to see others working well too.

Show Stats

STRENGTH 14 +1 to hit and damage

INTELLIGENCE 9

WISDOM 11

DEXTERITY 7 -1 AC, and range attacks

CONSTITUTION 13 +1 hit point

CHARISMA 12

Hit Points: 7/7

Armour Class: 3 (Plate Mail (3), Shield (Bonus of 1), DEX (Penalty of 1))

THAC0: 1d20+1 Battle Axe 1d8+1, 1d20-1 Crossbow 1d6

Actions

f_hum_fighter.png.46ffd441cd9da9ff09443b3174ccc185.pngVanya chuckles at Thorkell's joke and kneels down to search the zombies for any valuables they might have had on their person before beginning their careers as undead minions.

Aurora
oldmanwanderer_Elf_attractive_woman_with_long_blonde_hair_green_fddc4ad2-3087-42b9-b344-061390cb0b54.jpg.2d15dd3c832d6f44c16fb1432de379f0.jpg

Aurora sighed and leaned against a nearby wall. "Great work team!" She says wiping her sword on a zombie. Chain was a tad heavier than the leather she was used to.

While treasures have been found in stranger places, Vanya's efforts to loot the zombies come to nothing.

Both Rylan and Yorp seem to have left the group. Somewhere there is an aphorism about roguish folk that might explain the behavior, but for now, the group is down to six.

⏲️ TURN 6

🔦 Torches 5/10 remaining

f_hum_fighter.png.46ffd441cd9da9ff09443b3174ccc185.pngVanya finishes searching the zombies. "Well, that was disgusting. Nothing on 'em, though."

After hearing about Rylan and Yorp, Vanya does a quick head count. "I guess things got a little intense for them. Still, six still seems like enough to keep searching, doesn't it? I say we press on."

Aurora
oldmanwanderer_Elf_attractive_woman_with_long_blonde_hair_green_fddc4ad2-3087-42b9-b344-061390cb0b54.jpg.2d15dd3c832d6f44c16fb1432de379f0.jpg

Pushing herself off the wall Aurora nods at Golan, and stretching her arms and rolling her shoulders, she moves forward. "Anyone mind if I take point?" The younger adventurer asks.

image.png.43d2d6ae4e6cc87532fc661aa2253990.png
Stoyan Barakovsen

"More treasure for the rest of us," Stoyan reacts to the missing kobold and human thieves.

"Go ahead Aurora, I've got your back."

Show Stats

STRENGTH 14 +1 to hit and damage

INTELLIGENCE 9

WISDOM 11

DEXTERITY 7 -1 AC, and range attacks

CONSTITUTION 13 +1 hit point

CHARISMA 12

Hit Points: 7/7

Armour Class: 3 (Plate Mail (3), Shield (Bonus of 1), DEX (Penalty of 1))

THAC0: 1d20+1 Battle Axe 1d8+1, 1d20-1 Crossbow 1d6

Actions

Aurora

Aurora nods at the group, thankful for the support and starts to move toward the northeast, as Golan had suggested.

"Thanks everyone."

Astute adventurers at this point likely expect a stairwell/closet room at this point, given the symmetry of the rest of the castle; and they would be right. Its 20'x30' span boasts a stairwell down, as well as a triangular corner fireplace like its counterpart in the west wing. However, the furniture itself is not exactly identical, for there is no butler's pantry here. Trash and debris litters the floor, all under a thick layer of dust.

⏲️ TURN 7

🔦 Torches 4/10 remaining