Chapter 3: Return to Stormshelm

Eric

spacer.png

"You heard the good dwarf. Let us stay a little longer then-give him a chance to use his stone-sense for a moment." says Thorkell, knowing that he is not of much further use presently.

image.png.47e28314642f34c2e3f4e04a08806f02.png

Golan still anxious about things creeping up on them moves North of the stairs and positions himself near the doorway there...sword drawn in case of trouble,trying to hear any commotions or rumblings from within.

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)
Name
Check One
1d6 5
Check Two
1d100 69

Stoyan inspects the area for a bit. The construction is unremarkable and pretty average for human-craft, but rather shoddy by dwarven standards. There aren't any walls in the vicinity that would be out of place or suggesting of hidden spaces. From his mental map simply walking the space, he knows they haven't explored the north-center room (locked), the room north of #36 (the door to which is being inspected by Golan), and the south-east rooms (where the zombies came from).

Golan is satisfied that he doesn't hear any noises coming from the room north of #36.

The light shining down the stairs shows a rather unremarkable, if very dusty, chamber--no threats, but the full extent is not visible from here.

⏲️ TURN 9

🔦 Torches 2/10 remaining

image.png.43d2d6ae4e6cc87532fc661aa2253990.png
Stoyan Barakovsen

"I reckon we should make sure there's no more zombies and vlear out that room," Stoyan states, "Then that locked door should be explored. By explored I mean open or smashed in."

Show Stats

STRENGTH 14 +1 to hit and damage

INTELLIGENCE 9

WISDOM 11

DEXTERITY 7 -1 AC, and range attacks

CONSTITUTION 13 +1 hit point

CHARISMA 12

Hit Points: 7/7

Armour Class: 3 (Plate Mail (3), Shield (Bonus of 1), DEX (Penalty of 1))

THAC0: 1d20+1 Battle Axe 1d8+1, 1d20-1 Crossbow 1d6

Actions

image.png.275a20ebbce76510153dad737623596a.png

"I agree, but I do worry about smashing it in. While the noise would attract unwanted attention, there is also the possibility of a pit just on the other side, which momentum might carry someone over and into! A subtler hand would be preferable, I should think," Astrid says.

Heeding Stoyan's advice, the group turns south to follow the zombie trail. It leads into a nondescript passage 10'x30' in dimension, with only one more exit leading south at the east end of the corridor, an empty doorway where the door has been scavenged previously. There are no obvious threats, but there are many footprints in the dust from where the zombies had shuffled through, making it impossible to tell if anything else has been here.

⏲️ TURN 10

🔦 Torches 1/10 remaining

image.png.43d2d6ae4e6cc87532fc661aa2253990.png
Stoyan Barakovsen

"One door left that we know of," Stoyan cracks his knuckles and then grips his axe ready for battle, "If someone could open the door, the warriors will deal with whatever threat lies beyond."

Show Stats

STRENGTH 14 +1 to hit and damage

INTELLIGENCE 9

WISDOM 11

DEXTERITY 7 -1 AC, and range attacks

CONSTITUTION 13 +1 hit point

CHARISMA 12

Hit Points: 7/7

Armour Class: 3 (Plate Mail (3), Shield (Bonus of 1), DEX (Penalty of 1))

THAC0: 1d20+1 Battle Axe 1d8+1, 1d20-1 Crossbow 1d6

Actions

viking_warrior_sketch_by_josephqiuart_dblccfw-375w-2x.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9Nzg2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNDkyNzQwZjEtZjdhYy00ZWY3LTllZmMtODVmZTA5ZTdiNjczXC9kYmxjY2Z3LTFmMjdiMjM2LTc3NmEtNDZjMS1iMjk4LThlNjE1YmIyYTFhYS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9Njg2In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.8hQ6ZCVFj7HLiBrKrDK68z4QBdybPKRr-6KE5bNktqA
Ohthere squints at the dwarf. "One locked door straight ahead of the main entrance. But one open doorway back past the left stairs down, that we left when everyone wanted to come look for the lost thief. One open doorway to the right of the main entrance. One open doorway off the set of stairs on this side. And one open doorway past this hall. There is a lot left to explore before we have to break down that door. I think it would be wise to go where we can be quiet before we have to chop a door down."

Grumbling

Edited by Black Wyvern (see edit history)