Atto 1 โ€” La Strada per L'Inferno [Highway to Hell]

iantruesilver

Louslik Tannery

At first, Signy wasn't sure she was going to be able to get Abbie to listen to her, but with a few simple commands sternly repeated, albeit quietly, the Molthuni Shepherd let out a confused grunt, cocked her head to the side for a few moments, before deciding to finally follow Signy toward the work yard.

spacer.png

The workhouse is an exactly as Signy remembers it. A sizeable, airy structure with open doorways and ample ventilation, and tools hanging in organized rows upon the walls, most notably several arrays of wide knives like miniature crosscut saws. Several inclined tanner’s beams create small workstations about the space, along with vats, drying racks, and numerous crates and bins.

For a moment Abbie hesitates at the door, but with a little bit of coaxing the dog follows Signy inside.

spacer.pngTaking the cue, Cimri sneaks up to the front side of the office and whispers, "Alright slackers, time to get to work."

[[ Map — Louslik Tannery ]]

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
Cimri Stealth
1d20+8 16

Level 1 template:

Zoya Tesfaye

spacer.pngZoya Tesfaye — Human Skald 1 (Fated Champion)
AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | HP 11/11 | Init +1 | Speed 20ft | Fort/Ref/Will 4/1/2 (+3 will vs. charm and compulsion | Low light vision
Raging Song 12/12 | Hero Points ??
Active Conditions: heightened awareness (10 minutes remaining)
Spells:

1st: (1/2 remaining per day) Heightened Awareness (10 minutes), Cure Light Wounds
Cantrips: (unl) detect magic, ghost sound, prestidigitation, read magic

Inside the Tannery

Once Abbie was locked away, Zoya moved towards Cimri and up near the door to the office, but stepped back a bit.

"I am... not a door knocker," she whispered. "Would someone else like to examine it for safety and open?"

Mechanics

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* +5
Climb* +4
Diplomacy +6
Intimidate +7
Knowledge (history) +8
Knowledge (local) +6
Other knowledges (untrained) +2
Perception +3
Perform (Sing) +8
Swim* +4

* -4 ACP to str and dex skills  

Name
perception
1d20+3 20

Bertram

spacer.png

Bertram examines the door for a moment, then remembers that he never got around to learning how to use the lockpicks he carries. "Whilst I can check it for safety, I'm afraid that I won't be able to pick the lock if that is needed."

Note: he will test the door to see if it is locked if he doesn't find any traps.

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2838712][B][SIZE=+1]Bertram Ebonviper[/SIZE][/B][/URL] M LE Human Unchained Rogue (Charlatan), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 5, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 14, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 14, [B]Fort[/B] 1, [B]Ref[/B] 6, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] 0, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 0, [B]Action Points[/B] 1 [B] Rapier [/B] 4 (1d6, 18-20/x2) [B] Dagger [/B] 4 (1d4, 19-20/x2) [B]MW Studded Leather[/B] (+3 Armor, +4 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 11, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14 [B]Condition[/B] None
Bertram Ebonviper
M LE Human Unchained Rogue (Charlatan), Level 1, Init 5, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 17, Touch 14, Flat-footed 13, CMD 14, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 0, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 0, Action Points 1
Rapier 4 (1d6, 18-20/x2)
Dagger 4 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
MW Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +4 Dex)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
Condition None

Actions Crunch

sneak to the building to wait by the corner for the dog to investigate

Edited by Inash (see edit history)
Name
perception
1d20+4 18
init
1d20+5 11

Louslik Tannery — Work Yard

Zoya Only

Sneaking under the window into the office, you caught a glimpse of the walls within, decorated wtih some kind of tools and a pair of patterened leather tapestries. It looks like there's some small flickering in front of the lamp light, but not enouh to think that the movement is due to anyone having been alerted to your group's presence.

But more importantly, as you look around toward the northwestern part of the work yard... there looks to be a small area there set out with a number of crates stacked atop one another. There's got to be something to ransack there!

spacer.pngFinding no traps on the door, Bertram gives the handle a try, gently giving it a turn to find that it stops immediately. Indeed it is locked.

Taking out her tools and lockpicks, Cimri worked as quietly as possible to try to nullify the lock. A minute or so passes before she looks up and shakes her head in a gesture of defeat, and retrieves her picks whispering, "Can't do it. We don't have the time..."

Louslik Tannery — Beamhouse

Signy takes some time to secure Abbie inside the workhouse, finding an upright inside the structure to tie the dog's collar to with a scrap length of leather. Abbie whines quietly, knowing that she's now restrained and stuck to this immediate area.

spacer.png

As Signy began to turn around and leave, an idea suddenly struck her mind. Rummaging through the beamhouse, she manages to assemble a set of masterwork artisan's tools, suitable for crafting leather armour or other leather items. Only thing is, each of these tools are etched with the letters "L.T." on the handles.

A quick look at the crates inside this space confirms that several are loaded with freshly prepared leather, which while likely worth a quite a pretty copper, would surely also be heavy to transport.

Name
Cimri Disable Device
1d20+10 6

Signy

Signy.png.48c633c1e9b04ea5770be85eb7904589.png

Signy tucked away the tools, she could cover up the old owner marks later but these could count as... delayed payment for her work. She briefly considered the leather before deciding against it. It would be far to much to haul out, especially with the main job not being completed.

Before leaving she gave Abbie a quick scratch between the ears. "Good girl, sorry I had to do this. But you have been such a good girl." With that she slipped out of the building to join the others.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2841700]Signy Fullonna[/url][/b] [i]Human Brawler 1 LE[/i] [b]HP[/b] 13 / 13 [b]Speed[/b]30 ft [b]Init[/b] 5 [b]AC[/b] 18 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 5 [b]Will[/b] 1 [b]CMB[/b] +5 [b]BAB[/b] 1 [b]Scizore[/b] +4 (1d10+4, x2) [b]Unarmed Strike[/b] +5 (1d6+4, x2) [b]Cestus[/b] +5 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2) [b]Dagger[/b] +5 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2) [b]Brass Knuckles[/b] +5 (1d3+4, x2) [b]Flanking Bonus[/b] With Ally (+1, -) [b]Str[/b] 18 (4) [b]Dex[/b] 17 (3) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 12 (1) [b]Int[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Cha[/b] 8 (-1)
Signy Fullonna
Human Brawler 1 LE
HP 13 / 13 Speed 30 ft
Init 5 AC 18
Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 1
CMB +5 BAB 1

Scizore +4 (1d10+4, x2)
Unarmed Strike +5 (1d6+4, x2)
Cestus +5 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2)
Dagger +5 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2)
Brass Knuckles +5 (1d3+4, x2)

Flanking Bonus With Ally (+1, -)

Str 18 (4) Dex 17 (3) Con 14 (2) Wis 12 (1) Int 8 (-1) Cha 8 (-1)

OOC

0aca8ef163b5cda56054557b80f9a09714c30b68.jpg.be5828f2722b420d7704320e14227acb.jpg
Silas Tyseri
Human Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)

AC: 17 HP: 13/13 Hero Points: 1/1 Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +1 Init: +3 Panache: 4/4

"This can be useful for later, but let's find where Louslik is keeping his money. That's what will really get Razelago's interest." Of course, Silas says nothing about getting the chance to inflict some violence on Louslik for being derelict in his duties and forcing him to come out to this horrid-smelling place.

Level 1 template:

Zoya Tesfaye

AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | HP 11/11 | Init +1 | Speed 20ft | Fort/Ref/Will 4/1/2 (+3 will vs. charm and compulsion | Low light vision
Raging Song 12/12 | Hero Points ??
Spells:

1st: (1/2 remaining per day) Heightened Awareness (10 minutes), Cure Light Wounds

Inside the Tannery

Zoya moved up behind Cimri with a gentle hand on the rogue's shoulder.

"There's a light on in there. No sign of anyone moving, but who would leave a lamp burning inside a locked room? Be ready all of us," she whispered. "Also, someone remind me later that those crates piled up yonder are begging to be ransacked. But first, I guess it's time to use my kind of door knocking after all. This is going to get loud and anyone inside if going to hear. Signy, get up close, if it doesn't yield to me, try yourself. So... here goes! My kind of lock pick."

she made a flourish and pulled a crowbar from her pack and tried to force the door open.

Mechanics

Forgot I had a crowbar, if you want to allow it, it'll give a +2 for a 15 to force it.

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* +5
Climb* +4
Diplomacy +6
Intimidate +7
Knowledge (history) +8
Knowledge (local) +6
Perception +3
Perform (Sing) +8
Swim* +4

Edited by ccanary (see edit history)
Name
strength check to kick in door
1d20+4 9
Crowbar
+2

Combat — Round 1 (Lead up)

Initiative Order

PCs: Average (Sy 22, B 16, Z 14, C 11, Ss 5) = 13.6

Enemies: 7

spacer.pngspacer.png

[[ Mood Music ]]

With the rest of the party at the ready, Zoya takes the crowbar and starts smashing and prying away at the door, causing no shortage of loud noises while she tries to force the door open from its frame. While she works, the small, ornately tooled leather sign plate screwed to the door wobbles lightly.

spacer.png

It takes her a few long moments, but the door finally gives and swings open, after a good amount of damage has been done around the area where the knob sits. Inside, several antique tanning tools and a pair of patterned leather tapestries decorate the walls of this small, rustic office. A well-gnawed pig's foot lies in the corner.

"What in the hells‽" An angry male voice comes from behind the desk, his form crouched and seemingly busy loading a heavy crossbow. A small Taldan Spaniel beside him growls and starts threateningly barking up a storm as the man commands, "Archie, get'em!"

(( Roll Initiatives and post Round 1 actions immediately please ))

Name
Enemies Initiative
1d20+2 5
Cimri Initiative
1d20+3 8

Bertram

spacer.png

Bertram darts into the room into a position where he can crouch behind the chairs and be a harder target for the crossbow.

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2838712][B][SIZE=+1]Bertram Ebonviper[/SIZE][/B][/URL] M LE Human Unchained Rogue (Charlatan), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 5, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 14, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 14, [B]Fort[/B] 1, [B]Ref[/B] 6, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] 0, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 0, [B]Action Points[/B] 1 [B] Rapier [/B] 4 (1d6, 18-20/x2) [B] Dagger [/B] 4 (1d4, 19-20/x2) [B]MW Studded Leather[/B] (+3 Armor, +4 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 11, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14 [B]Condition[/B] None
Bertram Ebonviper
M LE Human Unchained Rogue (Charlatan), Level 1, Init 5, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 17, Touch 14, Flat-footed 13, CMD 14, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 0, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 0, Action Points 1
Rapier 4 (1d6, 18-20/x2)
Dagger 4 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
MW Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +4 Dex)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
Condition None

Actions Crunch

Move into the room and crouch behind the chairs, draw rapier

Signy

Signy ran in using the chairs as steps to get on top of the desk. She swept her leg around attempting to knock the crossbow away from Jabral. Remaining crouched on the desk she grinned at him. "Heya Boss, how's things?"

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2841700]Signy Fullonna[/url][/b] [i]Human Brawler 1 LE[/i] [b]HP[/b] 13 / 13 [b]Speed[/b]30 ft [b]Init[/b] 5 [b]AC[/b] 18 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 5 [b]Will[/b] 1 [b]CMB[/b] +5 [b]BAB[/b] 1 [b]Scizore[/b] +4 (1d10+4, x2) [b]Unarmed Strike[/b] +5 (1d6+4, x2) [b]Cestus[/b] +5 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2) [b]Dagger[/b] +5 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2) [b]Brass Knuckles[/b] +5 (1d3+4, x2) [b]Flanking Bonus[/b] With Ally (+1, -) [b]Str[/b] 18 (4) [b]Dex[/b] 17 (3) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 12 (1) [b]Int[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Cha[/b] 8 (-1)
Signy Fullonna
Human Brawler 1 LE
HP 13 / 13 Speed 30 ft
Init 5 AC 18
Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 1
CMB +5 BAB 1

Scizore +4 (1d10+4, x2)

OOC

Move: Into building and onto desk
Standard: Disarm (Substitute for Melee attack) Potentially +1 from high ground 🙏

Accepting Zoya's song, +1 to Disarm roll from that

AC 17 while accepting Zoya's song

Edited by athedia (see edit history)
Name
Initiative
1d20+5 17
Disarm Attempt vs JL
1d20+5 7

Level 1 template:

Zoya Tesfaye

Raging Song 11/12 | Hero Points ??

Raging song: Everyone who accepts (you can choose to not accept) gains +2 str +2 con +1 to will saves and -1 to AC
Spells:

Inside the Tannery

Working on the door, Zoya let the rest rush in before stepping in herself. There, rather than attack, she started to sing a wild raucous song that got everyone's blood burning. (You can choose to accept the song or not. Right now it grants anyone who accepts +2 str +2 con +1 will and -1 to AC)

"You hit me once, I hit you back

You gave a kick, I gave a slap

You smashed a plate over my head,

Then I set fire to our bed!"

she wailed in a frenzied cadence, stomping on the floor in heavy boots setting a driving rhythm. Even without instrumentation it was .. rage inducing.

Mechanics

Since Ian does it so much in the other game... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SmxVCM39j4&t=9s

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* +5
Climb* +4
Diplomacy +6
Intimidate +7
Knowledge (history) +8
Knowledge (local) +6
Perception +3
Perform (Sing) +8
Swim* +4

Name
initiative
1d20+3 11

0aca8ef163b5cda56054557b80f9a09714c30b68.jpg.be5828f2722b420d7704320e14227acb.jpg
Silas Tyseri
Human Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)

AC: 16 HP: 14/14 Hero Points: 1/1 Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +2 Init: +3 Panache: 4/4

Silas listens to Zoya's music. In truth, with how it sickened him to remain in a foul-smelling place like this, it took very little for him to get enraged. He entered the room and stabbed at Louslik, aiming for a spot that won't kill him, but will definitely hurt.

Name
Attack (Non-lethal)
1d20+1 16
Initiative
1d20+3 2
Damage
1d6+2 4

Combat — Round 1 (Wrap up)

Initiative Order

PCs: Average (Sy 22, B 16, Z 14, C 11, Ss 5) = 13.6

Enemies: 7

spacer.pngspacer.png

[[ Mood Music ]]

With the door flung wide open and the lot of you bursting into the small office, Zoya begins singing a discortant tune as Signy barrels on top of the desk in front of Jabral Louslik with a kick that knocked the weapon from his hands and a self-identifying introduction.

Bertram moves in, drawing his rapier while trying to hide behind a chair. Rolling her eyes, Cimri moves past the frilly collared man into the corner, clocking him in the head with a sap, ironically a leather-wrapped stick made specifically for inflicting non-lethal wounds.

Silas was quick to follow with a slice of his rapier at the tannery owner's left thigh just above the knee, causing the man to flinch in pain.

With a growl and a somewhat less-than-intimidating bark, the Taldan Spaniel lurches forward at Silas and takes a bite out of his left thigh, though the dog is definitely too small to latch on or do anything too threatening, posing only as a a minor deterrent at best.

Surrounded and backed against a corner of his office, Jabral turns towards Silas as well and starts throwing fists, determined to fight his way out of this situation. The lucky bastard manages to land a punch into Silas' face.

(( Silas is no longer sickened; takes 3 damage plus 1 non-lethal. Proceed to Round 2! ))

Name
Cimri Sap (NL) v Jabral
21; 7
1d20+4;1d6+1 [17]; [17,6]
H,C,A,P,LA,LF,RA,RF,LT,LC,RT,RC
reroll(1d12,9,above) 1
1d12 9
Archie Bite v Silas
20; 3
1d20+2;1d4+1 [18]; [18,2]
P,LF,RF,LT,LC,RT,RC
1d7 4
Jabral Unarmed (NL) v Target
17; 1; 3
1d20+2;1d3-1;1d3 [15]; [15,2]; [15,2,3]
reroll(1d12,9,above) 1

Signy

Signy Fullonna - Human Brawler 1

AC 16 | FF 13 | Touch 13 | HP 13/13 | Temp HP 14/14 | Init +5Reactionary: You gain a +2 trait bonus on initiative checks. | Speed 30ft

Fort 4 | Ref 5 | Will +2 (+4 vs Charm and CompulsionChild of Two Peoples: The tug of conflicting expectations has strengthened your sense of individuality and given you a gift for languages. You receive a +2 trait bonus on Will saves against charm and compulsion effects, and you automatically know the racial or ethnic languages of both your parents.)

Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Hero Points 1

Active Conditions:

• Zoya's Raging Song: +2 Str, +2 Con, +1 Will, -1 AC
  • Martial Flexibility: Gang Up Feat (10 turns)
Inside Tannery

Signy felt the same blood pumping energy she had during her first meeting with Zoya when the woman had decided she needed rescuing from a drunken brawl. Admittedly she had, but it was still a blow to her pride regardless. She looked around at the other people crowding into the room, hoping someone had noticed how slick she had been, but so far at least it looked like no one had noticed. And then he went and punched one of the frocks.

"Oi, jævel! Look at me!" She stood up using the fact that he was penned in between the wall and her allies to aim her knee for his chin.

Mechanics

Move: Martial Flexibility, Gain Gang Up
Standard: Unarmed Strike vs Jabral (Choosing to deal NL damage)
Free:

Details

Gang Up lets me count as flanking as long as 2 allies are adjecent to enemy.
Local Tough trait gives me a +1 bonus to weapon damage when flanking
Total Bonuses to attack: +5 Str, +1 BAB, +2 Flanking, +1 Higher Ground = +9
Total Bonuses to damage: +5 Str, +1 Local Tough = +6

Statblock

Signy Fullonna
Human Brawler 1 LE
HP 13 / 13 Speed 30 ft
Init 5 AC 18
Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 1
CMB +5 BAB 1

Scizore +4 (1d10+4, x2)

Edited by athedia (see edit history)
Name
Attack Jabral (Nonlethal)
14; 9
1d20+9; 1d6+6 [5]; [5,3]

Level 1 template:

Zoya Tesfaye

Raging Song 11/12 | Hero Points ??

Raging song: Everyone who accepts (you can choose to not accept) gains +2 str +2 con +1 to will saves and -1 to AC
Spells:

Inside the Tannery

Zoya was in no hurry to engage and looked at Bertram in a 'how do you want to get in there' kind of gesture. Unable to talk while performing, she shrugged and stepped in with her long handled weapon. Might was well. Were they taking prisoners again? She couldn't exactly recall. Oh well, hit him until he stops being a problem and then heal him up after if you need to was a pretty good motto.

"Blood sticks, sweat drips

Break the lock if it doesn't fit!"

She stepped in swung her weapon at the man, and hoped to wrap this all up. No need to bother the poor doggo! Signy would be furious if she did!

Mechanics

Move: step in closer to use bardiche
Standard: hit AC 23 for 9 (lethal)
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* +5
Climb* +4
Diplomacy +6
Intimidate +7
Knowledge (history) +8
Knowledge (local) +6