Pre-Game Discussion

AdellRazh

It's too late to bring this up as a serious possibility, but MG's comment reminds me that I, too, like Nautolans. More importantly, for a few decades now I've had this interest in playing a Star Wars game where all the PCs were amphibious, and the game could focus on water planets and be loaded with underwater adventures. Definitely off the beaten path for a Star Wars campaign, but I'd enjoy it.

FYI, the Outer Rim sector I developed for my Star Wars campaigns, just happens to be loaded with a disproportionately high number of water planets and amphibious sentient species population centers.

Woo! I finally got my character wrote up to a point I'm okay with posting.

I haven't wrote the backstory up just yet but hinted at some of it. I think for once I'm going to keep Che and her master out of the Clone Wars and come up with some different trauma to inflict on them. 😈

Does anyone want to do a team-up?

The idea of teaming up has not drawn a lot of interest so far. I'm sure different players have different reasons for avoiding AdellRazh's "team up" suggestion/invitation. For me, the idea of a team up is complicated because many of the PC applications are Jedi, who are wanted by the Empire. My PC's backstory has her also on the run and looking to keep a low profile (and feeling a bit paranoid/fearful). The last thing she'd want to do is team up with a Jedi.

In terms of her background, it would make more sense for Lav (my PC) to have teamed up with one or more of the PCs who are good at... clandestine activities. These would be:

Alternatively, Lav could make a good traveling companion for either of the two non-Jedi wanderers.

• Renlo Tacksa - Ex-AgriCorps Spacer (and Doctor on Holiday) @Phntm888
  • Jor'Dan VII - Grizzled Mercenary @Bobcloclimar

These team up choices are based on who would make the most sense as traveling companions for Lav. I think if she were to team up with Jedi, it would require the kind of plot hooks that the game master throws our way in the opening scenes of the campaign. Outside of the GM's plans, I would not introduce a plot hook or background event that would attach Lav to a Jedi.

Of course, I could be totally wrong about how this game will work. Very possibly, @AdellRazh is the kind of GM who will run a Session Zero with the selected PC and let us decide how are PCs know each other and what kind of adventures we'll have together. And if that's the case, then we could be doing some of that now.

Most likely, the game will open with some kind of adventure where all of the PCs are drawn together. I don't have any hard and fast ideas for quite how that'll work, but I like to think I am good at my job, so once the party is nailed down I'll find a way to make that party a party. Star Wars is all about eccentric collections of weirdos coming together and saving the day, after all.

16 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

• Renlo Tacksa - Ex-AgriCorps Spacer (and Doctor on Holiday) @Phntm888

To be fair, Renlo could be somewhat Jedi-affiliated if I get in and the GM and I decide to go with his AgriCorps background (in the expectation someone could be less well-versed in Star Wars EU lore, the Jedi Agricultural Corps was where a lot of Younglings who weren't chosen to be Padawans were sent to, using their Force abilities to heal crops afflicted by blight and such). He is just not a Jedi proper.

He is also, technically, not a doctor. He is, however, someone who is well-versed in medical training from either the tutelage of an actual doctor or his time in the Jedi Temple.

Renlo's background is such that it is not unreasonable that he has crossed paths with other potential players, but his inherent wanderlust tends to result in him moving on after a while. He likes seeing new people and places, and he has sufficient skills to be able to find work that allows him to do so.

Edited by Phntm888
Added the word "in" so the first sentence made sense. (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

<snip>many of the PC applications are Jedi

I almost never get to actually play in Star Wars so when I get the chance it's usually with a Jedi. I actually thought there wasn't many Jedi apps but i also didn't look very hard.

Maybe i should've gone with the scoundrel Nautolan... Oh well. I have my doubts I'll be chosen anyhow.

Good luck everyone!

5 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

In terms of her background, it would make more sense for Lav (my PC) to have teamed up with one or more of the PCs who are good at... clandestine activities. These would be:

Haha, the idea of Kisha being involved in spy stuff is hilarious.

But yes, she'd fit in pretty much any story where folks need transportation. She has a ship, a blaster, a pile of debts to pay off, and more bravado than sense.

5 hours ago, AdellRazh said:

Most likely, the game will open with some kind of adventure where all of the PCs are drawn together. I don't have any hard and fast ideas for quite how that'll work, but I like to think I am good at my job, so once the party is nailed down I'll find a way to make that party a party. Star Wars is all about eccentric collections of weirdos coming together and saving the day, after all.

As I suspected. And it sounds good to me. An eccentric collection of weirdos, heh!

1. Lav living her life on the run.
  2. Things go sideways. Chaos ensues.
  3. Lav living an exciting life of adventure with an eccentric collection of weirdos.

1 hour ago, AdellRazh said:

The deadline looms, so I will send out Last Call:

All y'all who have not finished your applications and haven't lost interest: get them finished!

Hold on, I thought we had until the 31st? Well, I guess I'll toss my hat in ASAP and hope for the best. I had to do a couple of rewrites to get a character I thought was right.

5 hours ago, DarkisNotEvil said:

Hold on, I thought we had until the 31st? Well, I guess I'll toss my hat in ASAP and hope for the best. I had to do a couple of rewrites to get a character I thought was right.

Four days is definitely worthy of looming! I certainly couldn't finish a character in less than that.