Interval - Aldpine

Blaeringr

The inn's special this evening is a stew with thick cut carrots and potatoes and chunks of venison in a thick gravy. It's light on seasoning but still very satisfying. It comes with a side of preserved apple slices in a cinnamon syrup, two pickles, and a mug of a not so impressive ale, for 5cp.

Various roast meats and boiled vegetables are also available.

The drink menu is mostly ales brewed locally by various families, but they mave have some more impressive stuff stored in the back.

Khaine, Chelia, and Weylin are able to find good spots to watch the show Maybell's performing with while they eat.

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chelia Gremaris Elven Fighter 1

HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (19 with shield) | speed: 30 | hero: 1/1

Perception: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +4

conditions: none

Chelia took the stew and found it quite nice. The ale was a bit less, but she had worse. She also made sure there was some for Marybell as she had seen the halfling eat while on the road.

OOC

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 1

HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 0/3 | Focus: 1/1 

Perception: +4 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :

Khaine had been a little disappointed when the ale and stew came out, he had tried both of those before. Taking a mouthful of ale he frowned and was starting to regret ordering here! But then he tried the stew and was surprised by the meat within. He had not had much venison before, and it was a rare treat where he had grown up. The cinnamon syrup on the apples and the pickles were also new experiences and he forgot he was ever upset by the poor quality ale.

Licking his fingers clean, he looked forward to watching the performance. The adventuring life sure had its ups and downs, but this was a fun way to spend an afternoon for sure!

After the performance, later in the evening now, the performers are going through gifts left for them by the public. Gene, who played the genie and is still in blue body paint, holds up a white cloth bag tied with a ribbon, "hey Maybell, there's some candies for you."

Edited by Blaeringr (see edit history)

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 1[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 15/15 [b]AC:[/b] 17 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 1/2 L1 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 1/1 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 17 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 1[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 17 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 1
HP: 15/15
AC: 17
Spell Slots: 1/2 L1
Focus Points: 1/1
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 17

Statblock

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 1 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6
Speed: 25
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

Maybell shoots Chelia a look after her given warning now that the suspicious package she saw is being brought forth front and center "Please, do leave it on the table" says the little halfling... who carefully inspects the given package for any hints of foul play before opening it up... cutting the cord with a knife and using gloves when handling it. Once the contents... if they are sweets, are revealed, she looks around at her allies "Anyone can identify what these are?"

Perception

Edited by daltar (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d20+6 20

Chelia had a closer look, but she wasn't sure if she could help much.

"I only know it was that same creep we encountered before that delivered them," she said to Marybell, "I think you best be very careful and check for poison before you eat those. They look yummy though. Maybe Kek knows how to test. Where is he actually?"

She looked around for the Orc medic.

OOC

Name
perception
1d20+6 12

kek-tok-sm

Hakaja Kek

HP: 22/22 ~ AC: 18 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +5 ~ Ref: +7 ~ Will: +6 ~ Per: +6

Sheet link

Kek reappears from the kitchen. "I am here. There was a ... situation."
He frowns, disappointed in himself, then sighs. "Do you have need of me? I am not sure I have much to offer."

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 1[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 15/15 [b]AC:[/b] 17 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 1/2 L1 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 1/1 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 17 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 1[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 17 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 1
HP: 15/15
Spell Slots: 1/2 L1
Focus Points: 1/1
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 17

Statblock

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 1 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6
Speed: 25
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

Maybell's inspection turns the usually cheery halfling serious, as she purses her lips and furrows her brow. She takes a deep breath, making fists of her hands and pressing tightly as she gathers her thoughts and emotions "I'm sorry to bother you, Mr Kek. Your expertise won't be necessary. Even a layperson like me knows what these are" goes the performer...

Truly, this is a grim turn to being too good at her trade... or perhaps, not good enough that her songs and performance can inspire this darkness in a neighbor's heart. Nonetheless, she's embarrassed to bring this kind of trouble to her new and brilliant companions. They should be dealing with grander and more song worthy matters. She's grateful for her protection and indeed, it is Chelia's vigilant eye that allowed her to spot the danger here. Indeed, they are a most reassuring presence around her... but she definitely doesn't want to bother them with this "I can handle things from here... Jane, if you will... I got something to discuss..."

Then, if possible, she confides in Jane... she's certainly one to know about this type of matters, given the role she has taken in her community. She doesn't really wish for things to go this way... but this time, Dalmar has gone way too far. She explains to Jane what the candies are as evidence and reports that Chelia saw him earlier in the day and delivering the candy. His handwriting is also on the note for the package. She knows Dalmar's family... he is a neighbor even if one that... has stepped beyond pushy into the truly harmful now. She doesn't want him harmed... but she wants him stopped. She asks Jane if there is any local community enforcement that she trusts that can handle putting him away for a time or delivering justice to this case. Given the size of the settlement she can't trust there's a formal guard here... but nonetheless.

"OK, but if you need help, let me know," she said to Marybell, before turning to Kek.

"These candies might be poisoned. You're trained as a doctor, you probably have the most experience of all of us on poisons, how little it might be. You identified the poison on those lizard creatures. Can you examine one to see if it is indeed poisoned or if the perp just wants us to believe it is."

OOC

kek-tok-sm

Hakaja Kek

Sheet link

"Actually, it was Khaine that identified the nature of the lizard's venom," Kek says flatly. His face betrays no emotion, and its unclear if he's joking or not. "But I can try looking at these candies."
He takes out his alchemy kit and runs a few quick assays. "Interesting..." he says, after a short time.
Edited by Dr Jackal (see edit history)
Name
Craft (Alchemy)
1d20+3 16

kek-tok-sm

Hakaja Kek

Sheet link

"They're soporifics ... laced into these sickly-tasting things that human children enjoy?" Kek says, somewhat confused. "I can perhaps make something useful out of them, but I have many questions. Are these the work of a hag?"