Interval - Aldpine

Blaeringr

weylin(1).png.e4bb6feffe4438da76babea0d7b960e2.png  WEYLIN "The Drake" RYDER

Half-Orc Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon) CG

HP 16/16 AC: 15  Speed 25ft

Fort 5 Ref 5 Will 6

Class DC: 17 Spell Slots: 3  Focus points: 1/1

Str 10 Dex 14 Con 14 Wis 12 Int 10 Cha 18

The smell and activity of the Inn put Weylin at ease. He walked over to the proprietress, putting on a warm smile, "You have quite the set up here. Really makes a traveller feel at home." He offers hand "Weylin Ryder, some call me the Drake. It's a pleasure to meet you...?"

Scene ideas and/or intentions

Weylin will engage in pleasant conversation with the owner and the rest of the patrons at the tavern.

At some point in the night, he'd buy a round of drinks for his crew in celebration of their first real fight as a team.

He'd also heavily enjoy the play, clapping and cheering, especially for Maybell's performance.

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chelia Gremaris Elven Fighter 1

HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (19 with shield) | speed: 30 | hero: 1/1

Perception: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +4

conditions: none

Chelia is surprised by the offer from Marybell, but after some thought, she accepts.

"Sure, no problem," she says, "I'll give you my bedroll so you can put it under yours for extra comfort. And being small has advantages. You're harder to hit and your shoulders, the height where you can put the most force when punching, is at his crotch height. One punch and you're free to run off."

She will watch the play, leaving her big sword in the room, but keeping her dagger with her of course.

OOC

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 1[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 15/15 [b]AC:[/b] 17 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 1/2 L1 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 1/1 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 17 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 1[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 17 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 1
HP: 15/15
AC: 17
Spell Slots: 1/2 L1
Focus Points: 1/1
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 17

Statblock

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 1 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6
Speed: 25
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

"Eheheh, oh Chelia you're a riot! I think you vastly overestimate the strength of my punches, but maybe I can swing a lute or something instead. Thank you for the lesson" says the little halfling with a bright smile and merry laughter. She also says thanks for Chelia letting her borrow her bedroll as well.

kek-tok-sm

Hakaja Kek

HP: 22/22 ~ AC: 18 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +5 ~ Ref: +7 ~ Will: +6 ~ Per: +6

Sheet link

"There's also arteries on the insides of the thighs," Kek offers. "Most types of bipeds will bleed out fairly quickly if you sever one. You're also at a good height to go after the tendons above the heel. Hobble him, and you would be able to dispatch him at your leisure."

"Unless he wears armour, you don't have to hit hard to make a man fold double," Chelia says, "of course, I mostly use Angalad to get people or critters away from me. That's what I call my sword. I roughly translates to Iron Light, but there's more subtleties in the elven language."

OOC

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 1[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 15/15 [b]AC:[/b] 17 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 1/2 L1 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 1/1 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 17 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 1[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 17 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 1

Statblock

Maybell did not like at all how she caught herself memorizing the advice given on where to cut someone to utterly cripple them, even if just as referential information! "I do hope I never have to make use of that advice, Mr Kek. But it is good to hear it and it may save me one day" she says, nice and earnestly to their Orc doctor... normally she'd try to be a more lovely or crack a joke, but from looking at how he carries himself these past few days, she has gotten the feeling that he's a very straightforward sort of gentleman. Laconic, direct, practical. Whenever that is a reflection of the man or his culture she doesn't know just yet but she's as observant as she can be with every one of her companions, trying to see if this response is the most suitable and pleasant for him. He is, after all, venturing advice for her sake.

"Indeed, curious how words can translate the same but carry eminently different flavors and connotations from one language to the next. I do know the Elven tongue myself, for how could I miss being able to sing some of your most beautiful ballads? However, I do not know the Orc tongue... perhaps Mr Kek can teach me some, sometime!"

Fort 5 Ref 5 Will 6

The islander nodded, "Orcish is a good one, some very colorful drinking songs as well as long and storied sagas. At least...from what I learned from my mother and the few orcish sailors, pirates or gladiators I drank with back home." A bit of a wince would stab at the corners of Weylin's eyes, an old wound somewhere in there?

Scene ideas and/or intentions

Weylin will engage in pleasant conversation with the owner and the rest of the patrons at the tavern.

At some point in the night, he'd buy a round of drinks for his crew in celebration of their first real fight as a team.

He'd also heavily enjoy the play, clapping and cheering, especially for Maybell's performance.

Chelia was glad they were speaking of something different.

"If you want a complicated language where every word has different meanings depending on pronunciation, try the language of the dragons," she said, "not to mention it isn't made to be spoken by us mere mortals. The only advantage is that most older dragons can shapeshift into humanoids and they made it so it is actually possible to speak it. I more learned it to read certain documents. And a lot of magical texts tend to be written in that language, as the language, like the dragons themselves, has some magic in it."

OOC

kek-tok-sm

Hakaja Kek

Sheet link

When Maybell asked about the orc language, Kek hesitated for a moment. Not a long moment, but it's noticeable. "I'm not sure if --" he began, then stopped. "If ... it would be ... useful ... to you," he finished, although it's clearly not what he had started to say. "But if you'd like, then I can teach you. Or Weylin can. I'm not much of a teacher."

Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 1

Statblock

"Oooh, I'd delight in hearing those, Drake. We have to set up some time for you to sing me some of those! In the original tongue and then translate" says Maybell excitedly, like a glutton when presented with a new delicacy... just this time, it is songs instead of cake. However, she does notice the light pain there... tis not too hard to notice. Something to be delicate about and certainly not an issue to bring to light in a tavern surrounded by so many people... perhaps a story they can share when her fellow performer is ready to tell it. Maybell can possibly imagine the nature of it... but even so, it is quite boorish to assume, specially just because of his appearance...

"Those are some fascinating details about the draconic tongue... I have heard a lil bit of it, but not much. It's very good to hear you can read those, in case we find any! Secrets of magic... I definitely have to learn that language too... but perhaps not yet. I don't think I'm ready to be a good conversation partner with a dragon" jokes the little halfling.

Then, however, she turns to Kek and his slow, measured words "Well, of course it would be of use to me. It is your native tongue, isn't it, Mr Kek? I'd love to talk with you with the words of your home. Even as proficient as we may be in the tongue of humans, there's meanings and parts of ourselves we can only express in our home tongues. I do know that I am more affectuous and acidic both in the Halfling language~" says Maybell looking at the orc medic earnestly up in the eyes "If it is something you are in liberty of teaching, I'd love to learn from you. We've been together for just a little while, so it is just surface impressions but I think you'd be a great teacher. You're strict with yourself, methodical and very focused... Hmm perhaps you don't have patience for fools? Still, if not I'll learn with the Drake or on my own. If it is ok, I know some communities don't like to share their private words with others"

kek-tok-sm

Hakaja Kek

Sheet link

Kek sighed, defeated. "You are correct that my tribe would not readily share its words with outsiders, Maybell, and I apologize. I had to consider whether I had the liberty to teach," he said. "But this world has other orcs, so the decision is moot. Whether or not I choose to help, you would be capable of learning my language. Therefore, I have no reason to deny you."
He shrugged. "For what it's worth, I think I would have chosen to teach you either way. I just needed a moment to think about it."

Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 1

Statblock

"Ah, no! In light of this information, I must pull back on my request. Even if it is a moot point, I do not wish to make you break a community taboo for my sake. I can learn the Orc tongue of other groups... that of your family and tribe, if they decide it is private, then it is so. If I ever meet your community, I can make the request of them" says the bard, crossing her arms before her "Weylin can teach me, or I can learn on my own... and at most, I can try it out conversing with you and you can tell me if I sound like an outsider properly"

"You're probably a bit too bite-sized for a dragon," Chelia said, "Speaking of bite-sized, what's for dinner here? That's one thing I really had to learn coming to this world, all the new things to eat. And even after all these years, there's still new things I haven't seen before."

OOC

Fort 5 Ref 5 Will 6

The sorcerer perked up at Chelia's mention of draconic, logging it away as something to ask about later on. He smirks and gives Maybell a head nod, "Of course, anytime."

Weylin listens to Kek's words on his tribe and their codes and mores on sharing culture, and while he didn't necessarily agree with it, with what he knew of other orc cultures, it made sense. Old wounds breed long-standing suspicions for outsiders. He considered asking Kek about it, but decided to wait until they all got to know each other a bit better.

"Agree, Chelia. Let's get some food and drink. It may still be early in our journey, but after fighting some blood thirsty beasts and making our first foray into the wilderness, I think we deserve a little bit of celebration, eh?" Weylin will offer to pay for the meal for the group tonight, as well as booze for those who choose to partake. He will go over and ask the closest worker about what is on the menu for tonight.

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 1

HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 0/3 | Focus: 1/1 

Perception: +4 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :

Khaine listened to the others discuss languages. He only knew common, and enough elven to get by. He was feeling a little intimidated that the little halfling was eager to learn orc and dragon and all sorts. He supposed that just like he wished to hone his body and spirit, Maybell wanted to hone her mind and fill it up to its potential. He could understand that. When talk turned to food, Khaine was a lot more comfortable. He was eager to see what foods were available, and how they were prepared here. His stomach always was ready to learn new experiences such as these!