SIDE: Bowing to a Lich's Whims

Sohala

spacer.png

Prax had barely started to reply, when she noticed Jake stepping back, "Temporal Mnemonic Dislocation it's..." The mass of bats struck then, their minimal impact blindsiding her. Being then engulfed by them was more than enough to trigger her combat reflexes, locking down her suit as she reassessed, one arm flailing ineffectively against the bats. Catching a glimpse of one of the roiling masses heading for her through her 'veil', she had but one thought, 'What ****** is this?'

Taking it as some as-of-yet un-encountered defense of the island, she tried to reach out to it. Finding nothing, her next instinct had her moving to interpose herself between Jake and whatever was coming. Turning and moving to do just that, she found another in her way. She pivoted to dodge around and charged forward. A blunted blow from a surge rebuffed her in a shower of electrical discharge, smeared gore, and a thick coating of still-moving vermin. Awareness of the ring that was encircling her, along with its reaction as she moved toward the retired officer only made her swear into her suit.

Having wasted her precious time, when she turned to try the opposite direction, she was greeted by another waiting swarm. Its bulk crashed down upon her, miring her. With no ability to meaningfully dodge the other incoming swarms, Prax put her suit into a braced position for what was to come next.

An educated but ill-experienced part of her brain wondered about the ecological impact this would have on a place that could be considered a paradise by the rest of the world. That train of thought never made it to the station though.

The impacts had jostled her while she worked to retract, seal, or turn off vulnerable systems. By the time she was done, a tomb of living biomass covered her. Her words, heard by only those within, carried the indignant irritation of a technician who had a 10,000-point inspection in their future, {"Get him on, tight signal, local only... I hate coincidences and this damn sure is not one, an or else is more like it... I don't care if you don't know his frequency, scan them all and find him... Not psionic my ass.[I am taking Jake's early comments on the subject to have had a skeptical tone]"}

There was a silence and stillness outside the mound that Prax had been smothered under. As Jake stood there the equivalent of knocking came over his comlink.[I am assuming he had one due to being military and for common existence in the SIM] An acknowledgment was followed by a burst of static, a garbled, "Narrow the band and up the strength," and then static started to fade into the background. "Signal test..."

With the means to communicate returned, she addressed her predicament first, "It insisted, but I suspect you already knew that." She didn't sound tired anymore, only bitter. Starting in reverse order, she plainly gave answers to his questions. "I want a first-person account of the rumored event, a full simsense would be ideal," She left the unlikeliness of the latter out of the discussion. "We trust each other because neither of us can get what we want alone," It was the simple basis for many of pacts. "If that is not enough, at least I am giving the choice, unlike others," Emphasis and explanation of the point seemed moot. A sigh came from her as she continued, "I don't doubt we are both keeping a number of secrets. As much fun as a full round of 'I show you mine and you show me yours' would be, this is not the time or the place." Working with her hands, she pulled up an old document, added some judicious censoring, saved it as a copy, put it in a protective shell, and had it waiting for Jake to accept.

Edited by Sohala
Description text clarification. (see edit history)

Jake Roberts

kira-mayer-3-4.jpg.8feb1d40c3e2fcc61e099a169a18de3d.jpg

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2809477]Jake Roberts[/url][/b] [i]Human Operative 12 NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 108 / 108 [b]RES[/b] 12 / 12 [b]STAM[/b] 108 / 108 [b]Speed[/b] 40ft [b]Init[/b] 6 [b]KAC[/b] 20 [b]EAC[/b] 21 [b]Fort[/b] 7 [b]Ref[/b] 14 [b]Will[/b] 11 [b]CMB[/b] 28 [b]BAB[/b] 9 [b]Laser Pistol[/b] +9 (2d81, 20) [b]Laser Sniper Rifle[/b] +9 (3d8, 20) [b]High Frequency Sword[/b] +6 (2d6+2, 19-20) [b]Stun Baton[/b] +6 (1d6+2, 20) [b]Str[/b] 14 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 22 (6) [b]Con[/b] 16 (3) [b]Wis[/b] 16 (3) [b]Int[/b] 23 (6) [b]Cha[/b] 16 (3) [b]Soc[/b] 10 (0) [b]Edu[/b] 28 (9)
Jake Roberts Human Operative 12 NG HP 108 / 108 RES 12 / 12 STAM 108 / 108 Speed 40ft Init 6 KAC 20 EAC 21 Fort 7 Ref 14 Will 11 CMB 28 BAB 9 Laser Pistol +9 (2d81, 20)
Laser Sniper Rifle +9 (3d8, 20)
High Frequency Sword +6 (2d6+2, 19-20)
Stun Baton +6 (1d6+2, 20) Str 14 (2) Dex 22 (6) Con 16 (3) Wis 16 (3) Int 23 (6) Cha 16 (3) Soc 10 (0) Edu 28 (9)

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Acrobatics +25
Athletics +19
Bluff +20
Computers +23
Culture +18
Diplomacy +9
Disguise +15
Engineering +28
Intimidate +20
Life Science +8
Medicine +8
Mysticism +5
Perception +20
Physical Science +8
Piloting +34
Profession +16
Sense Motive +20
Slight of Hand +18
Stealth +23
Survival

+20

Jack of all Trades +2
Repair 10 +10
Local Computer Use +11

Feats and Abilities 

Feats:

Skill Focus: Piloting

Skill Synergy: Engineering and Piloting

Far Shot

Sky Jockey

Hide Sabotage

Tactician

Weapons Specialization: Basic Melee

Small Arms and Sniper

Skill Focus: Computers & Engineering

Class Abilities:

Operatives Edge +4

Specialization: Hacker

Trick Attack +6d8

Evasion

Debilitating Trick

Uncanny Agility

Specialization Skill Mastery

Operative Exploits:

Nightvision

Uncanny Pilot

Enhanced Senses

Elusive Hacker

Soft Movement

Cloaking Field

Control Hack

Glimpse the Truth

Languages: English, French, German, Mandarin, Trade Language, Vaulter, Elven, Dwarven, Troll, Ork

Equipment 

Equipment:

Laser Pistol (6500 Cr)

Laser Sniper Rifle (15000 Cr)

Stun Baton (500 Cr)

High Frequency Sword (650 Cr)

Ceremonial Navy Sword (Mustering out Navy weapon)

Personal nanoshield (50000 Cr)

Personal shield (5000 Cr)

D Suit I (63600 Cr)

Display contacts (over eyes) (650 Cr)

Card Computer (3500 Cr)

Intelipick (350 Cr)

Combat Vac Suit (100 Cr)

Data Port Implant (head slot)

MRK II Augmentation to all 6 Stats (390000 Cr)

Fighter Ship(See post below) (3MCr)

Vehicle Recon Enercopter (Mustering out)

TAS Membership (Mustering out)

3 Ship shares worth (10 MCr)

Broadsword Class Merc Cruiser

After he stepped back it seemed like all hell broke loose against Prax. One thing he noticed was the odd behavior of the creatures attacking Prax. Because it really did not seem to be attacking her at all, so much as it was attacking her suit instead. While he tried speaking to her it did not seem to be going through. When it seemed that he would not get through to her she started speaking though somewhat broken at first. "I certainly know his personality. As to what you want, what rumored event do you speak of? Trust is definitely a two way street, that could both do better on." he almost chuckles at her last statement "I am pretty sure neither your wife or mine would be happy if either of us showed the other theirs." he gets a serious look on his face as he gets to the point of why he had even tried to talk to her about. "I am not sure if you realize this but it seems like these creatures are only after your suit. Perhaps if you get out of it, it will leave you alone and continue after the suit."

Edited by darlis moonbeam (see edit history)

As Prax extends her mechanical hand she already can feel slight resistance of the servos and joints it feels like moving through very thin molasses for now. More concerningly, her hunkering in defensive posture had effect of crushing more vermin and pushing some deeper in openings than their pasted bodies would get otherwise on account of the sheer weight of the suit pressing against them. She is already buried in a mound some 5 inches from what would pass for the waist. The last change is the departure of bats and their exchange for rats and mice where larger ones start butchering small ones in hundreds not eating a morsel but spreading insides, blood, brain matter, feces, and the rest. Make special care to draw skin and intestines over the suit's visor and already nearly completely cut that visual avenue. Cameras are still viable although the picture is getting hazier by the minute. Sensors do somewhat work but all they can pick up is an increasing mass of swarms approaching. Due to her decision not to use weapons, there is the opportunity of misfire or catastrophic failure of at least some of them.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

spacer.png

There was a heavy inhale, a precursor to winding up, "Facts have been hard to separate fro-" Prax's voice abruptly turned outraged, "Oh no you don't! See ho-" There was a click, followed by a few moments of silence.

A compressed burst of atmospheric gases was forced into the hand apparatus, holding and then slowly pushing back the viscera. {"I know we can't keep that up. We need the seal point, then we can hard-lock that system... What? Fine, yeah, play it."}

A few static pops played over the connection before a faint mechanical hum and indistinct chatter filled in the background. A boisterous voice Jake does(n't?) recognize came on, seemingly mid-conversation, "Oh yeah, big gnarly thing, spikes everywhere. Got a trail of blood that basically pours off it. And the eyes." They paused and another unclear voice was barely picked up before returning to the first, "No, I'm serious, real eyes on one of them robots. 'Least this big. Full of burning-" There was another pause and even more voices, and then the first continued, "I don't know where it got it from." An almost audible voice interrupted only briefly, "Sure, that sounds possible. You going to let me finish?" Sounds of agreement carried across, "Good, now where was I? Oh right, the parts. It's got fleshy bits stretched, bolted-" An angry voice cut in and the speaker seemed to get defensive, "Well no, but-" The mood only escalated, "-you calling Ray a liar?" A clear, "That's what I said." came from a heated voice before the first shot back, "Oh yeah? Let me show what I think about-" The shuffling of a physical confrontation faded in and out before the crash of glass shattering keenly sounded out. Silence then returned to the connection.

Another click came over the channel, as did the sound of Prax clearing her throat, "A fourth-hand sample, at best. Most can agree on certain details: robots, sinister to grotesque appearance, harvests humans. One point has distressed me more than the others: it's after magic. Only one person claimed this and that is Ray, and everyone else cites him." There was a pregnant pause and then she came back, shame tinging her speech now, "I ignored it, blew it off like many as just rumors... Circumstances have forced me to reevaluate that conclusion, but now he is locked away in there." There was an awkward pause and in a tone that spoke of a heavy eye roll, she added, "If I could point, I would be pointing at the base..."

The subject of ejecting doesn't even seem to warrant a response at this time, as she appeared to ignore it.

OOC

{} = internal suit talk

Edited by Sohala (see edit history)

Jake Roberts

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2809477]Jake Roberts[/url][/b] [i]Human Operative 12 NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 108 / 108 [b]RES[/b] 12 / 12 [b]STAM[/b] 108 / 108 [b]Speed[/b] 40ft [b]Init[/b] 6 [b]KAC[/b] 20 [b]EAC[/b] 21 [b]Fort[/b] 7 [b]Ref[/b] 14 [b]Will[/b] 11 [b]CMB[/b] 28 [b]BAB[/b] 9 [b]Laser Pistol[/b] +9 (2d81, 20) [b]Laser Sniper Rifle[/b] +9 (3d8, 20) [b]High Frequency Sword[/b] +6 (2d6+2, 19-20) [b]Stun Baton[/b] +6 (1d6+2, 20) [b]Str[/b] 14 (2) [b]Dex[/b] 22 (6) [b]Con[/b] 16 (3) [b]Wis[/b] 16 (3) [b]Int[/b] 23 (6) [b]Cha[/b] 16 (3) [b]Soc[/b] 10 (0) [b]Edu[/b] 28 (9)
Jake Roberts Human Operative 12 NG HP 108 / 108 RES 12 / 12 STAM 108 / 108 Speed 40ft Init 6 KAC 20 EAC 21 Fort 7 Ref 14 Will 11 CMB 28 BAB 9 Laser Pistol +9 (2d81, 20)
Stun Baton +6 (1d6+2, 20) Str 14 (2) Dex 22 (6) Con 16 (3) Wis 16 (3) Int 23 (6) Cha 16 (3) Soc 10 (0) Edu 28 (9)

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Acrobatics +25
Athletics +19
Bluff +20
Computers +23
Culture +18
Diplomacy +9
Disguise +15
Engineering +28
Intimidate +20
Life Science +8
Medicine +8
Mysticism +5
Perception +20
Physical Science +8
Piloting +34
Profession +16
Sense Motive +20
Slight of Hand +18
Stealth +23
Survival

+20

Jack of all Trades +2
Repair 10 +10
Local Computer Use +11

Feats and Abilities 

Feats:

Far Shot

Sky Jockey

Hide Sabotage

Tactician

Small Arms and Sniper

Class Abilities:

Operatives Edge +4

Trick Attack +6d8

Evasion

Debilitating Trick

Uncanny Agility

Operative Exploits:

Nightvision

Uncanny Pilot

Enhanced Senses

Elusive Hacker

Soft Movement

Cloaking Field

Control Hack

Glimpse the Truth

Languages: English, French, German, Mandarin, Trade Language, Vaulter, Elven, Dwarven, Troll, Ork

Equipment 

Equipment:

Laser Pistol (6500 Cr)

Stun Baton (500 Cr)

D Suit I (63600 Cr)

Card Computer (3500 Cr)

Intelipick (350 Cr)

Combat Vac Suit (100 Cr)

Jake has a confused look on his face as he tries and piece together everything she was saying, some of it was fairly garbled and some came across as outright madness. Was he dealing with a crazy woman? Or was the problem more with her systems becoming corrupted due to the onslaught of these creatures. "I can barely understand what you are trying to tell me. Are you saying they are experimenting on creating robots that look like humans and trying to give them magic? Now is it actually robots or humans with a lot of cybernetics, or an android? I have a friend who knows a lot about cybernetics, he could probably help" he pauses before he continues "I really seem to be getting a lot of interference, and garbled messages from you. Perhaps if you got out of the suit we could communicate better. It really appears that whatever is happening to you it is only targeting your suit. I can not imagine it is very comfortable in there right now. " he gets a thoughtful look on his face before he appears to come to a decision. "Look I have it on good authority that if you come out of the suit peacefully you will not be harmed. If you do not then all bets are off. I think if we all work together we can come up with some answers, we have questions and I know you have a lot of questions, perhaps if we all put our cards on the table we can get through this peacefully"

Name
Diplomacy
1d20+9 11

An audio growl comes through the private HUDs of Samuel and Jake.

Samuel is the first to stop the new force on the battlefield. He appears from thin air about 30 feet from the whole mount of dead bugs and the metal suit and behind Jake. He tosses out a metal ball that floats about 4 feet off the ground. After a few seconds( You all can have a round of actions if so wish, only Samuel can detect the Capt from where he is though).

An energy burst is released by the ball washing over everything for about a mile. Jake and Samuel can do little to avoid it but it passes through them with nothing more than a tingle feeling. Immediately a fine dust falls in large amounts covering Jake and adding to the mix of bug guts. Jake smells iron and the dust gets in his mouth and tastes like when he puts a wire in his mouth while doing repairs on ships.

Prax: The sensors are limited and you only get a second warning that i energy wave is going to hit before it washes over you and through your armour like it was not there.

Prax seems to be unharmed until the pain starts and again within seconds your whole body is on fire.

As the summer shower moment before Captain appears Vermin begins to scatter. By the time his attack is done attack has ended in full, leaving only corpses and filth behind. And for those who can see a river of retreating biomass. It is visible on Prax sensors if she can concentrate.

Sam slowly gets up when he feels energy release and slowly walks toward the place of combat. He is visible to Jake in about 5 minutes although Captain felt him from the beginning he's approaching from Prax back. Vermin running around him rather than over him. To Jake he seems relaxed, even with the hands in the pockets and an odd, scavanged ancient backpack over one shoulder. Captain though, can feel slight hurt pride for not being allowed 7 minutes to finish the job.

spacer.png

Patience running thin, professional courtesy and respect about spent, Prax was growing tired of this one-sided exchange. The honeyed words plied by Jake, being tainted by her current predicament. She had a growing sense she had been and was still being played. The thought turned her stomach and soured her mouth to the point of wanting to spit. Her thoughts brooded on the choice she'd passed to him and why... darkened thoughts welled up unbidden. A subtle disapproving headshake accompanied softly spoken, but audible words, "What a waste..." She knew what was left to do and despite her earlier misgivings on the deed, felt confident she could follow through. Before thought could become action, her world became pain...

...Every ounce of Prax's screams transmitted across the open comms channel, as pain lanced through her body. A torturer would have taken pride in the artistry before them, for not an inch of her form was left untouched. There was no escaping the feeling for her body which writhed in what could soon be its metal casket, but for her mind... Prax was screaming and screaming, then wondered why she was screaming and stopped. She looked around, the place looked familiar and yet she couldn't recall ever being there before. That is when she saw it, or more accurately herself, a display of herself. Her vitals were all over the place, full body trauma without any recorded injuries, and it was all getting worse. Was she... dying? She gripped the display. Why?! Why was she here? Why did she have to watch? 'Come on, get up! Do something! Fight back!' Her desperate thoughts changed nothing...

...'Wait, where is here?' It was a realization that pierced through it all when she noticed the image-covered tiles suspended in wheels and stacked in short towers. 'It's impossible... but how?' She was moving before she knew what she was doing, spinning wheels, swapping tiles, and finally slapping the transmitter. Uncertain words came back: 'Pain!' 'Protect.' 'Endure.' She swapped some of the tiles around and hit it again, doing her best to plead: 'Pain!' 'Safe.' Looking down at the display, she knew that wasn't true, but then what could she- It was there, she'd missed it in the juxtaposed position. Her hands were a blur and she smashed the button: 'Pain.' 'Fight?' Two were spun out of the way and she hit it again: 'Fight.' And again: 'Fight!' She could feel it coming, the anticipation like sliding into an ice bath...

The screaming stopped.

...Before the signals from her pain receptors could overwhelm her consciousness she forced herself to focus. The last time she had done this she had panicked. She couldn't afford that now. A mumbled chanting began to come from blood-tinged lips to carry across the comms...

Edited by Sohala (see edit history)
Name
Control
1d20+19 3

The first time since this started the voice of your prey comes over the open comms " Dear, " somehow knowing you hate being call that, "When you are hunting secrets you should make sure you do not have any yourself to expose or hide them very well. I knew what you were the moment I saw your real form and i had hoped it would not come to this." As he continues, Jake and Samuel can get the image of the old Bond movies and the villain. You wonder if the Capt has seen any of them and has reacted to them without realizing it. You all know that Bond always escapes after all...

"Not completely your fault, if Samuel had not acted like a complete fool we most likely not be here either but you have great control of your little friends but this device i got off the AI hunter service has more..." With that, he taps the ball twice and it starts to spin faster and another wave of energy comes out. "This may hurt a bit..."

At the say of his name, like the Devil of the Christian Bible Samuel rushes into actions that are not needed.

As the 2nd wave washed over the metal giant the pilot was just getting control of her small friends when they went wild again. This time there was no stopping it, the return to base for repair was an issue and that is what they would do in the most direct route they could find. The colonies of machines burst out of Prax in a shower of blood, still programmed not to damage organs the pain she felt was like nothing she had felt in her life before now. The swarm quickly gathers and starts to exit the metal suit returning to move towards the ball and then entering the ball.

You take 22 dmg I don't think that is over your threshold so no save is required

Unsure if Prax is still able to hear him Capt never the less continues "There my dear, it is done. I have documented video evidence of you being bound to nanities which is a death sentence by your people. So here is what happens next. Pick yourself up clean off your metal box and continue on your way. When you finish that task you will report that no other beings were from the crashed ship and you encountered the two reported ones and dispatched them. In a moment we will go over how you will show that."

He pauses to see if there is any sound from the defeated pilot. Regardless he continues "Then until I and my crew leave this rock, you will be a personal protector and guide to us making sure we do not fall into any other traps or pitfalls of your people. If at any time you fail in this, the video will be released and you be as hunted as we are. The only thing i require is a simple "Yes Sir" to confirm all this has been understanding."

The Capt taps the ball and it disappears into a pocket.

Jake while he has access to High Command records did see reports of anti-Nanti tech but was unsure if they were in use out in the real world or not.

Name
Damage
6d6 2,6,6,2,4,2

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bc/b6/67/bcb667b1ff558edf52eb17bc78419f97.jpgSamuels's body suddenly tensed and it was obvious that he was almost stopped, but instead, there was a flash of movement as he crossed the distance between himself and Prax, and instead of attacking her directly wiry, downright slim Doctor grabbed suit by the waist and in a near impossible scene lifted it not just off the ground but above the head. However, it was not as easy as it seemed. Jake rarely witnessed Sam look so inhuman. His eyes glowed bright red, and peeled lips exposed fully extracted fangs. On top of that, he started sweating so small beads of blood began to seep out of his pores. However, he held Prax above his head for just long enough to flip the suit and bring the body down as hard as he could, counting on gravity to help. And on his medical abilities to fix any possible injuries. While he was all but certain Enoch will be able to fix whatever mechanically was broken.

He was just crossing his fingers that she didn't die though. That would be the Captain's expertise, and he doubted he wanted immortal Prax on his ass. Especially when damage was a secondary option. The force exerted on the terrain was.

OOC: Ok, since math is not my strongest suit I'll leave this to GM's decision. The goal of stopping suit to 0 is because he had a lot of vermin underground digging a hole. Since he didn't know the weight of the armor he took it out of the equation and landed on how thin ground has to be for weight to cave. 2 metric tonnes. But Captain threw a fit and showed up mighty early, nor the hole is completely finished, nor there is required weight. We'll say there is a quarter of 1 ton. Now Sam essentially tries to multiply the weight by slamming Prax suit and adding its falling weight (mass equal speed times force and all that) to bridge the difference. The hole is not that deep once Prax fell into it naturally it would be up to her shoulders leaving part of the shoulders and head exposed. So it might be enough only now her legs up to the calves would be exposed. Does this gamble work is up to the Wrath. He turned her head first in that case hoping to knock her unconscious, or actually break her neck and repair it later.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

The design of the battlesuit's protection from falling had already been fully tested when Prax first came to the island, so this small but violent fall did nothing to the paddled cockpit that Prax was in. The ground does hold against the assault though.

"Let the girl reply before putting her 6 feet under Samuel..." comes the comical response to Samuel's actions.

Name
roll
1d20 12

Jake Roberts

Statblock

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Acrobatics +25
Athletics +19
Bluff +20
Computers +23
Culture +18
Diplomacy +9
Disguise +15
Engineering +28
Intimidate +20
Life Science +8
Medicine +8
Mysticism +5
Perception +20
Physical Science +8
Piloting +34
Profession +16
Sense Motive +20
Slight of Hand +18
Stealth +23
Survival

+20

Jack of all Trades +2
Repair 10 +10
Local Computer Use +11

Feats and Abilities 

Feats:

Far Shot

Sky Jockey

Hide Sabotage

Tactician

Small Arms and Sniper

Class Abilities:

Operatives Edge +4

Trick Attack +6d8

Evasion

Debilitating Trick

Uncanny Agility

Operative Exploits:

Nightvision

Uncanny Pilot

Enhanced Senses

Elusive Hacker

Soft Movement

Cloaking Field

Control Hack

Glimpse the Truth

Equipment 

Equipment:

Laser Pistol (6500 Cr)

Stun Baton (500 Cr)

D Suit I (63600 Cr)

Card Computer (3500 Cr)

Intelipick (350 Cr)

Combat Vac Suit (100 Cr)

Jake gives the captain one of his typical lop-sided grins, though it seems different coming from this more mature face. Of course no matter how old Jake gets he will never take life too seriously. "Well old man, I see your diplomatic skills are still top notch." he looks over at Prax with a curious look. "You know I personally did not want any harm to come to you. If only we could have trusted each other more. Perhaps in time you will realize that most of us are not so bad, we are just as human as you are, oddly enough seeing as we are not from here, as you surmised. That odd fact is actually part of our research, we wish to know how that can be if as we initially incorrectly surmised that humanity was a special set of circumstances that happened only on our planet. Who knows, with your help we might even find the answers we seek. That is if my companions don't decide to kill you because you refuse to cooperate." Jake really hoped she would agree to work with them, he did not think she was a bad person, just misguided and not given a lot of opportunity to trust people. Especially if she had her own set of secrets she did not want to get out.

He gives Samuel an irritated look when he made his presence known and went a bit overboard with his attack. "Its always overkill with you isn't it? Lets not kick her while she is down, you are just fueling her belief that you are a monster. Not that she is entirely wrong there." he says this last with a slight chuckle for Sammy

"Remember this fact and it might save you one day, Gods dont need diplomacy they expect you to follow their commands without questions."  He turns his attention back to the metal box and extends his senses to see what state the mortal inside is in. Without necromancy their was no way to bring her back if she has passed over, even simple healing is a pain on this rock.