Chapter 1a - back on the road, and then off

Blaeringr

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 1[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 15/15 [b]AC:[/b] 17 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 2/2 L1 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 1/1 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 17 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 1[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 17 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 1
HP: 15/15
AC: 17
Spell Slots: 2/2 L1
Focus Points: 1/1
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 17

Statblock

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 1 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6
Speed: 25
AC: 17
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

"Phew... another bit of exercise... marvelously done, my friends! Nobody even a bit hurt from what I can see, right? Those spiders look extra big and scary to me, but should have known you lot would get them down in a hurry" says Maybell, quick to dish out the praise for a battle quickly dispatched "Still, while we made this zone a bit safer and disrupted the ecology a tad... seems like we followed a wrong lead... Still, should take a look at the webs... if they are in the same environment as the goblins perhaps we can find one in the webs..."

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chelia Gremaris Elven Fighter 1

HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (19 with shield) | speed: 30 | hero: 1/1

Perception: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +4

conditions: none

Chelia removed the rest of the webbing and looked at the others.

"As I said, these are venemous. So if anybody wants to collect some, now is the time to do so. And Maybell, good hit with that rock. And good idea on looking for gobbo's in the webs. Although careful, there might be other spiders around."

she would move towards the webs, looking for what the spiders had been feasting upon.

OOC

Name
perception
1d20+7 5

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 2

HP: 34/34 | AC: 20 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 2/3 | Focus: 1/1 

Perception: +5 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +10 | Will: +7 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :

Khaine didn't want to get tangled up in the webs, so he kept watch for other spiders while the others investigated.

It would be troublesome if they had to retrace their steps back and try to find the goblins again. He hoped they would find some clue.

"Both of you were impressive back there! Maybell, I felt your song lent me courage and Chelia, you are a difficult warrior to keep up with! And with the backup of Kek and Weylin, I think those gobbos won't stand a chance!"

Edited by omegoku (see edit history)

Chelia patted her sword as she kept looking around.

"These things are quite good at ending fights quickly, provided you hit of course. And you can also use them to poke around holes if you suspect there's traps in them."

OOC

weylin(1).png.e4bb6feffe4438da76babea0d7b960e2.png  WEYLIN "The Drake" RYDER

Half-Orc Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon) CG

HP 16/16 AC: 15  Speed 25ft

Fort 5 Ref 5 Will 6

Class DC: 17 Spell Slots: 3  Focus points: 1/1

Str 10 Dex 14 Con 14 Wis 12 Int 10 Cha 18

The sorcerer nodded in agreement, smirking slightly in relief. "I thought those creatures would be much more fearsome. I'm quite glad to be mistaken!" He nodded to Maybell, "That was an intense display of arcane magic, Maybell. Smashing spiders under rocks proved to be quite effective to say the least."

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 2[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 24/24 [b]AC:[/b] 18 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 1/1 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 18 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 5 Rex 6 Wil 7 Per 7 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 18 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 2
HP: 24/24
AC: 18
Spell Slots: 3/3 L1
Class DC: 18

Statblock

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 2 Neutral Good Entertainer
Saves: For 5 Rex 6 Wil 7 Per 7

"Aww, shucks, you lot are going to make me blush. Stop it you all, flattering you up is MY job~! I was just lucky with that one, don't be expecting lovely Maybell to smash rocks into folks and go well every time you hear? I think that rock in particular had a grudge against the spider, maybe they were rude neighbors!" Says the little halfling as she's quite terribly flustered. After all, while she's used to being awesome at knowing things and putting on performances, combat is certainly not something she's quite proficient at.

kek-tok-sm

Hakaja Kek

HP: 32/32 ~ AC: 19 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +6 ~ Ref: +8 ~ Will: +7 ~ Per: +7

Sheet link

"It was well done, Maybell," Kek says, drawing a knife and beginning to cut at the still-twitching arachnids. "If someone could watch for danger while I take care of this, I'd appreciate it."

Name
Crafting for the harvest
1d20+6 11

The webs at this site do not contain anything. This is not the spiders' lair. The spiders were drawn here by the wonderful aromas being blown into this branch of the Finger Canyons from the lure you set up. Going further into the canyon is where you'll find their lair(s). And they may indeed be sifting out denizens of this region in said lair(s).

Kek is able to harvest 2 doses of venom

spider venom

Spider Venom (poison) Saving Throw Fortitude DC 16; Maximum Duration 6 rounds; Stage 1 1d10 poison and flat-footed/off-guard (1 round); Stage 2 1d12 poison, clumsy 1, and flat-footed/off-guard (1 round); Stage 3 2d6 poison, clumsy 2, and flat-footed (1 round)

Edited by Blaeringr (see edit history)

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 2[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 24/24 [b]AC:[/b] 18 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 1/1 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 18 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 5 Rex 6 Wil 7 Per 7 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 18 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 2
HP: 24/24
Spell Slots: 3/3 L1
Class DC: 18

Statblock

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 2 Neutral Good Entertainer
Saves: For 5 Rex 6 Wil 7 Per 7

"Well, it seems like these were just hunters... there may be more spiders deeper into this canyon. Maybe we can find a goblin specimen there... but it would all together be more a diversion than going for the main objective. It may be fruitful it may not. How do you feel, gentlemen, lady? Want to fight some more spiders and see what we may find if we're feeling adventurous or should we focus exclusively on our objective and try another direction to find the goblins?" asks Maybell of the group.

kek-tok-sm

Hakaja Kek

HP: 32/32 ~ AC: 19 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +6 ~ Ref: +8 ~ Will: +7 ~ Per: +7

Sheet link

"I would go through the spiders to get the infected," Kek offers. "We know that this approach will bring us to them eventually, and for the time being, the spiders provide a useful buffer between us and them. And besides, it might be that the item we seek is underneath a web somewhere."

Edited by Dr Jackal (see edit history)

Chelia had a look around.

"We best try to avoid the other spiders as much as we can," she said to the others, "I think it's safe to assume that where there are these spiders, there won't be any goblins, unless it's as lunch. So we best avoid their lairs and most traveled paths. And be careful with the stink bombs we made. They apparently attract other things than just gobbo's."

OOC

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 2

HP: 34/34 | AC: 20 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 2/3 | Focus: 1/1 

Perception: +5 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +10 | Will: +7 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :

Khaine frowned.

"Do we know for sure the goblins are in that direction? They could be up one of the other paths? I would leave nesting spiders lie if we can help it."

He looked around for any sign of goblin tracks.

Name
Survival
1d20+5 4

Do our dashing adventurers venture further down this particular branch of the Finger Canyons, or do they withdraw and look for more clues? It's late afternoon, and probably best to find a safe spot (survival, perception, and stealth rolls to contribute to that) and set up camp while planning tomorrow's activities.

weylin(1).png.e4bb6feffe4438da76babea0d7b960e2.png  WEYLIN "The Drake" RYDER

Half-Orc Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon) CG

HP 24/24 AC: 16  Speed 25ft

Fort 6 Ref 6 Will 7

Class DC: 18 Spell Slots: 4  Focus points: 1/1

Str 10 Dex 14 Con 14 Wis 12 Int 10 Cha 18

"Hmm, it's a big chance. If we go deeper we could end up either getting overrun or lost. Even if we get through it ok, there's no guarantee we will find a specimen." He thinks to himself, tapping his chin with a finger. "I think it might also be prudent to keep rested while we still can, maybe finding a well hidden and defensible camping site would be best, in my opinion."