General Hangout!

Varen Tai

6 minutes ago, Rumrunner said:

I got a second character that hasn't been reviewed if that counts, but as we discussed, secondaries fall a ways down the totem pole...

but what if he's so inspirational that he makes a great npc/backup character if by some godsend my first lunatic gets in?? What if his dozens of children are so amazing that they change the course of history??!? What if I should really get back to work and stop checking this site?

Anyway... January seems so far... maybe I should write another vignette or something.

LOL, he'll be a great-grandpa in maybe a decade.

1 minute ago, Varen Tai said:

That's a great ide-... Oh, whoops, a bunch of them just got sat on accidentally by Themberchaud the red dragon. Sorry man, time to get a new batch going!

Way ahead of you...

Edit: its cheaper than conjuring familiars

We are now at 30 total applications, incomplete or not! Y'all are going to make this very, VERY hard for NE and I to make a choice about who is in or not. I'd rather have that than the alternative, but it's still going to be a really tough call. I love SO MANY of these, and there just isn't a way to run two versions of this campaign concurrently. Thanks for being awesome, all of you!

You may have noticed that I have deliberately not opened up the character sheet section yet - once we pick players, we'll work with each of you to fill out your character sheet in a way that fits the character. NO DICE ROLLING OR POINT BUY! We will literally assign stats, based on what you have written, that would reflect your character best.

Your background may have given you some additional crunchy bits - for instance, I mentioned earlier in this thread about a character from the previous campaign that was a short human warrior, but who learned how to get back up after being knocked down, emotionally and physically. He was tough as nails, and a high Con didn't fully represent that attribute. He had some custom bonuses to resist exhaustion & pain, and didn't get KO'd until -20 HP or something. I forget the details, but you see what I am getting at. Each character will bring something special - some struggles and strengths that may or may not turn into crunchy bits. We will determine this as needed with each character specifically.

We are nearing the end of the application process! One more week and I cannot tell you how excited NE and I have been about the creativity we have seen in full display. You guys have worked hard, taken counsel on how to improve your ideas, and it shows. If the game can match this level of commitment from the participants, we will have something really neat and very successful for everyone. Thank you. I have enjoyed being a part of this so far and look forward to more!

Edited by Varen Tai (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Varen Tai said:

You may have noticed that I have deliberately not opened up the character sheet section yet - once we pick players, we'll work with each of you to fill out your character sheet in a way that fits the character. NO DICE ROLLING OR POINT BUY! We will literally assign stats, based on what you have written, that would reflect your character best.

Aw, if I'd known that I would have bragged more. Like the time my character lifted a fully loaded wagon, horses and all, right over her head. I've got witnesses and everything. Honest!

26 minutes ago, PixCO said:

Aw, if I'd known that I would have bragged more. Like the time my character lifted a fully loaded wagon, horses and all, right over her head. I've got witnesses and everything. Honest!

Lol, ok there Jean ValJean. I think some copper named Javert is looking for you. 😉😁

3 hours ago, Varen Tai said:

Your background may have given you some additional crunchy bits - for instance, I mentioned earlier in this thread about a character from the previous campaign that was a short human warrior, but who learned how to get back up after being knocked down, emotionally and physically. He was tough as nails, and a high Con didn't fully represent that attribute. He had some custom bonuses to resist exhaustion & pain, and didn't get KO'd until -20 HP or something. I forget the details, but you see what I am getting at. Each character will bring something special - some struggles and strengths that may or may not turn into crunchy bits. We will determine this as needed with each character specifically.

We are nearing the end of the application process! One more week and I cannot tell you how excited NE and I have been about the creativity we have seen in full display. You guys have worked hard, taken counsel on how to improve your ideas, and it shows. If the game can match this level of commitment from the participants, we will have something really neat and very successful for everyone. Thank you. I have enjoyed being a part of this so far and look forward to more!

Lol, not going in the funny direction like Pixco did, but I'll edit a thing or two in the story to bend the rules into something cooler. For instance, things the class don't specify, but that aren't that far from the concept.

8 minutes ago, Coruja said:

Lol, not going in the funny direction like Pixco did, but I'll edit a thing or two in the story to bend the rules into something cooler. For instance, things the class don't specify, but that aren't that far from the concept.

I'll qualify my statement a bit - we will assign stats based on the character that you've created, in a way that both GMs and you as the player all agree fits well. You won't be able to write yourself a wishing ring with three rechargeable wishes a day. 😉

3 hours ago, Varen Tai said:

I'll qualify my statement a bit - we will assign stats based on the character that you've created, in a way that both GMs and you as the player all agree fits well. You won't be able to write yourself a wishing ring with three rechargeable wishes a day. 😉

Indeed, but I just realized I can bend the rules a bit. For example, a soulknife rogue can't use his psychic ability as he pleases, only as it was determined by the book. But I think he can make a "psychic push" or something like that. I'm starting to cut my ties to the book.