Chapter 2 - First Hunt

Blaeringr

kek-tok-sm

Hakaja Kek

HP: 32/32 ~ AC: 19 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +6 ~ Ref: +8 ~ Will: +7 ~ Per: +7

Sheet link

The growl attracts Kek's attention, and noting a detail or two that he had previously missed, he swiftly moves to place himself between Chelia and the woman. He takes his hand off his weapon and deliberately places it on his medical kit. "I do not think these people are sick," he says, and although the words are in answer to Chelia, he looks directly at the leader of the hunters while he speaks.
"If I am mistaken, and they would like treatment, then I am happy to offer it. But there are many sorts of people, are there not? With many sorts of nutritional needs? So if no harm is intended, then one hopes that no offense is taken."

Name
Diplomacy
1d20 3

hunter.jpg.2d3504f40a92659354de4b3507e34bcf.jpgHe looks at Kek, guessing at guesses. About to say something, he apparently changes his mind. Then, "no sickness. You track strange prey. Do you intend to cure them? From what little I've seen, I'm not sure where one would begin treating them. Do you know much about them?"

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 2[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 24/24 [b]AC:[/b] 18 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 1/1 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 18 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 5 Rex 6 Wil 7 Per 7 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 18 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 2
HP: 24/24
AC: 18
Spell Slots: 3/3 L1
Focus Points: 1/1
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 18

Statblock

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 2 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 5 Rex 6 Wil 7 Per 7
Speed: 25
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

"It would be ideal if we can cure them, though we're trying to find out the reason why they are sick and try to stop them from causing harm if possible" says Maybell, somewhat muddling their true reason for being here... after all, their true objective is a secret by request of their employer... plus, it is somewhat less altruistic than attempting to heal the sick. Though speaking of which... it seems like she missed something here... their refusal to accept the observation of Chela, Kek's words... there is something she certainly is not seeing with these hunters but it seems possibly unrelated to the goblin sickness... could something else explain it?

Show this

If possible, rolling occultism on the 'sickness' of Loba.

Occultism

Edited by daltar (see edit history)
Name
Occultism
1d20+6 17

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chelia Gremaris Elven Fighter 2

HP: 28/28 | AC: 19 (20 with shield) | speed: 30 | hero: 1/1

Perception: +7 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +5

conditions: none

"If you're not sick, what's with the blood," Chelia asked, still making sure she could attack if there was a need, "what did you do, bite that thing dead?"

OOC

shewolf.JPG.917fb9cae9d6c0b2742682a341314488.JPGShe still seems disinclined to answer, and only takes a step back further, wiping her mouth again with her sleeve.

hunter.jpg.2d3504f40a92659354de4b3507e34bcf.jpgHe looks back at Lupa, perhaps realizing for the first time the issue.

"People teeth couldn't bring down an animal this size," he shrugs, despite bearing no weapons but a small knife. "Maybe Lupa got a little curious and nibbled at the thing when she should have been cutting with her knife, or maybe she just wiped her bloody hands across her face. Young and inexperienced."  He sighs.

Odd that neither her knife nor her hands have any blood on them yet.

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 2[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 24/24 [b]AC:[/b] 18 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 1/1 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 18 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 5 Rex 6 Wil 7 Per 7 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 18 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 2

Statblock

Maybell finally puts 2 and 2 together, linked with all the folklore and stories she had heard of other travelers and identifies what is happening here. Recognition sparks in her eyes and she gently hits her open palm with bottom of her closed hand "Oh, you must be the kin of Normar. Certainly no illness here, Lady Chelia don't worry" says Maybell with a friendly smile. She's not sure if these folks will like their 'secret' revealed before them but as usual, the halfling bard shows herself to be open and friendly to all folks she can.

"Thank you for your advice, with some luck we'll handle the goblin sickness one way or another so this area can be easier to hunt in for a while. Best of fortune on your hunts! If you ever want to trade tales, I'd love to listen to your stories"

hunter.jpg.2d3504f40a92659354de4b3507e34bcf.jpgHe considers Maybell with some amount of surprise, but refrains from confirming anything.

"These things you hunt, they do not like the day. Even more so than their kin to the North." Seems they are at least passingly familiar with the healthy goblinoid settlements. "Luck."

Edited by Blaeringr (see edit history)

Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 2

Statblock

"Well then my allies! Serendipity and fortune follows those doing good deeds. We got wonderful guidance... shall we get going? If what they say is accurate, our targets should possibly be asleep or at rest during the day" says Maybell, ready for the road to make it to the top via the route the hunter's pointed out.

Chelia isn't fully convinced, but she doesn't know what's going on and Maybell clearly has more information, so she let it go for the moment. She does keep her weapon close by, but that's more because of the environment they are in. But as soon as the hunters are out of earshot, she turns to the halfling bard.

"What was that all about?"

OOC

Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 2

Statblock

"I believe they are kin of Normar. Well, that's not terribly descriptive... specially since it is not just anyone from old world Normar to whom I'm referring. I'm not sure if they like the name or it would be insulting, but people colloquially know them as beast people. In the old world, folklore says that they were cursed and since then they can take shapes of certain animals. Some say they only shift partially, others fully... I cannot say with full precision which is most accurate or applies to them specifically, but that's the gist of it. It's different from the illness of our goblins and explains how they hunted... literally with their hands and teeth! I do wonder if they turned into say... wolves and afterwards turned human to skin the prey instead of eat it in such a form for some reason or if it was a partial shifts for strength, senses and natural weapons which they pulled back once they heard us... So many things to be curious about, yet unfortunately they seem to have cause to be secretive" explains Maybell once they are alone again.

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 2

HP: 34/34 | AC: 20 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 2/3 | Focus: 1/1 

Perception: +5 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +10 | Will: +7 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :

Khaine had copped, not quite as fast as his halfling friend, that these hunters were unusual and possibly could transform their bodies into weapons. In a way, Khaine thought, he did the same. Emulating the tiger with its powerful claws and tremendous leap had helped him take down enemies, and he did not have to worry about any transformation. The hunters had seemed a wary, but friendly sort and he was glad things had not turned sour.

"I wonder if such a transformation could enhance my technique! Though I am not sure I would like to grow long claws or have a snout and tail. The tower at the palm, we should make for it while the light still shines. With any luck we might be able to catch some of the goblins while they still sleep."

kek-tok-sm

Hakaja Kek

HP: 32/32 ~ AC: 19 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +6 ~ Ref: +8 ~ Will: +7 ~ Per: +7

Sheet link

"Yes. I guessed something similar once I saw the blood," he says. "But they were not unfriendly, and it did not seem prudent to make enemies for no reason. If they had thought their condition a curse, I would have tried to help them, but obviously they do not."
His mouth twists into toothy grin. "Less work for me, for once."

Chelia still had some reservations, but there was little she could do at the moment. So she took her position at the head of the group again to scout the terrain and look for ambushes and the like.

OOC

exploration activity: Scouting (gives us a +2 on initiative)

Name
perception
1d20+7 15

weylin(1).png.e4bb6feffe4438da76babea0d7b960e2.png  WEYLIN "The Drake" RYDER

Half-Orc Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon) CG

HP 24/24 AC: 16  Speed 25ft

Fort 6 Ref 6 Will 7

Class DC: 18 Spell Slots: 4  Focus points: 1/1

Str 10 Dex 14 Con 14 Wis 12 Int 10 Cha 18

Weylin was intrigued by the hunters, happy to listen to the exchange. As they travel forward, he clears his throat, "Glad the goblins hate the day, will give us an opportunity to hit this tower when they are at their most vulnerable."