Ooc

Rakle

The 4 options are:

1. Use the gang's escape tunnel that was found during Ptemenib's rescue. I LIKE THIS OPTION SINCE IT'S SNEAKY!
  2. Plow through the horde of undead at the front gate. I THINK WE SHOULD FLY AND CARPET BOMB THEM WITH HOLY WATER FOR EXPERIENCE POINTS!
  3. Climb walls. Note: the walls are a DC20 climb check and require 2 checks to get up and another 2 to get down. Even with a magic climb speed, a PC still needs a +2 climb bonus before the +8 bonus for a climb speed is added to get an automatic success. This is a solid option for escaping the necropolis if needed. A wand of monkey fish is one of the cheapest ways to give a climb or swim speed to party members. WOULDN'T HURT TO PREPARE FOR THIS OPTION - WAND WITH PARTIAL CHARGES (CHEAPER)- AS A EMERGENCY ESCAPE PLAN TO GET OUT, NOT IN
  4. Find a different route FINDERS - Keepers or Weepers? LoL Corny but couldn't resist the bad pun! 😀
Edited by Terran (see edit history)

I think we get extra since we were charged full price for the cloaks of charisma, instead of their sales price.

That's 500 GP overcharge each directly from Anhotep's and Raisin's Gold.

I think we should go in via the tunnel, since we're in a race against time. I think we should find some way to get over the wall for our way out.

3 hours ago, dhemon said:

The calculations assume scrolls go into party loot, and from there can into a spellbook without charging the caster. Same with potions, alchemical items, etc, unless it's not something people have expressed interest in keeping.

Got it.

I should probably hold onto the Scroll of Glitterdust and at least one of Levitate and the CMW.

I'd usually say also the summon scroll though after the fit Pearl made about the Esoboks, it might be strange if she used it.

I'd be willing to use the Keen Edge scroll on Droz' Fauchard in a boss fight if he wants to purchase it. Not sure if he can cast it himself...

Pearl has Scribe Scroll, so is it all the same to snatch up the scrolls from the loot or better she write them up herself?

Pearl already has a cloak of resistance, so if Droz wants the last one... Otherwise we can sell one.

CMW x1

GLITTERDUST x1

LEVITATE x1

= 275gp

Also: Droz mentioned the Ectoplasmic Rod? Does he want it?

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

How much do we have to spend?

Does Raze and Anhotep get 500 GP each for the 1000 GP charge on their Cloaks of Charisma (instead of usual half-price of 500 GP)?

Not complaining, just asking is all so I can go shopping.

Should be 2 Cloaks claimed, and 2 Cloaks sold.

See Loot Link.

4/5/2024 4 cloaks of resistance+1 4000 2000 Anhotep, Raisin

I had also decided to claim one.

On 4/28/2024 at 4:44 AM, Steel Warrior said:

Yeah, the only magic items I have is my +1 FP and +1 Longsword, so cloak of resistance is alright.

I've included my inventory at the bottom of my statblock spoiler.

Too bad the church couldn't loan us a Death Warden’s Bandolier :)

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Eborne1 said:

Got it.

I should probably hold onto the Scroll of Glitterdust and at least one of Levitate and the CMW.

I'd usually say also the summon scroll though after the fit Pearl made about the Esoboks, it might be strange if she used it.

I'd be willing to use the Keen Edge scroll on Droz' Fauchard in a boss fight if he wants to purchase it. Not sure if he can cast it himself...

Pearl has Scribe Scroll, so is it all the same to snatch up the scrolls from the loot or better she write them up herself?

Pearl already has a cloak of resistance, so if Droz wants the last one... Otherwise we can sell one.

CMW x1

GLITTERDUST x1

LEVITATE x1

= 275gp

Also: Droz mentioned the Ectoplasmic Rod? Does he want it?

Personally, I'd say treat the scrolls same as potions & alchemical items, where they go into a group pool and anyone can use them. If Pearl wants to add them to her spellbook, that's fine - she'd pay for the ink to do so, but not for the scroll itself. It doesn't make sense to charge for things like that that contribute to group utility, at least in my mind.

Dros won't ever be able to cast Keen Edge, but he's got an ability that's a close second from his Transmutation Implement, where he can add any weapon special ability with a +1 value to his Fauchard for a minute. Given my luck, it's usually better to spend it on Bane rather than Keen, admittedly, especially if we're fighting a group of enemies that all fall into a single category. Upgrading to a +1 Keen Adamantine Fauchard is fairly high on his list of things to do, along with trying to get some mithral armor. Hopefully we manage to rob enough tombs acquire enough valuables from the miscreants we are forced to slaughter on this next trip into the necropolis that he can do one of those.

He also doesn't need the Cloak of Resistance - he gets a resistance bonus to saves from his Abjuration Implement, so it wouldn't stack.

The ectoplasmic rod likewise would be treated as 'party' loot. Pearl/anyone uses it during the day, and if there are charges left over, Dros can spend them while burning extra spell slots casting Node of Blasting on arrows at night.

11 hours ago, Terran said:

I think we get extra since we were charged full price for the cloaks of charisma, instead of their sales price.

That's 500 GP overcharge each directly from Anhotep's and Raisin's Gold.

You were charged sales price. Raisin has 2,489gp according to the spreadsheet; Ramad has 3,489gp; Pearl has 3,989gp; Anhotep has 3,489gp; and Dros has 2,989gp.

12 hours ago, Terran said:

I'm not complaining, just a question.

It looks like the Cloaks of Resistance, valued at 1000 GP each and which could be sold for 500 GP, were assigned a value more than sales price to Anhotep and Raze.

Did you charge Raisin for a Spider Climb potion she used in the Fake Fight?

All potions went into the party category, so Raisin was not charged for it.

Edited by dhemon (see edit history)

11 hours ago, dhemon said:

Personally, I'd say treat the scrolls same as potions & alchemical items, where they go into a group pool and anyone can use them.

Like as though everyone has a magical portal in their belt pouch that leads to the group stash? Or just that those are free to grab? Do they need to be on your character's person to use?

10 hours ago, Terran said:

Did we level up after the practice combat?

Technically the party is leveling up just before the rest period begins. The party members are level 5. All shopping, and horse trading will need to be completed before the group rests.

2 hours ago, Terran said:

How are we handling hit points when we level?

Max, Half+1, Half, Roll?

. HP: Level 1: Max; Level 2+: Average rounded up (d6 = 4; d8 = 5, d10=6, d12=7)