Donaar Ironscale

KarDrago

Mods from DM adjust for race/class:

Str 10/0; Dex 14/2;Con 14/2;Int 17/3; Wis 12/1;Chr 8/-1;Saves: Str 0;Dex 2;Con 2; Int 5;Wis 3;Chr -1

Not certain about proficiency on skills. Do I add the proficiency value to the stat bonus value for a given skill that meets the requisite stat? i.e. a value of +5 for History.

Additional Spells: to match the 6 spells for level 1

Shield

Comprehend Languages

Detect Magic

Per DM: 6 slots (I think I understood that)

Prepared:

Magic Missile, Shield, Expeditious Retreat, Thunder Wave

Ritual:

Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic

Okay For skills proficiencies , you only get skills from your race (if any), class, and background

For you it is the following

From Wizard class: Choose two from Arcana, History, Insight, Investigation, Medicine, and Religion

From Sage Background: You get Arcana and History

You have the option of customizing your background to make it more like your character, but Arcana and History are your standard ones for the Sage Background

If you get proficiency in a skill, you add your proficiency bonus to that skill whenever you roll for it otherwise you don't.

A thing to note is that proficiency does not stack to expertise unless you get a feature saying so. If you somehow get proficient in a skill or tool twice, by the book it does not give it you double bonus, however most DMs have a house rule that allows you to choose a different skill to get proficiency in.

As for your spells I noted you put Mage Armor under Cantrips, Mage Armor is a level one spell not a cantrip so you'll need to make an adjustment and put Mage Armor in your level 1 spells and choose another cantrip

Also you get to add two spells to your spellbook every time you level up plus you get to prepare another spell as you can prepare a number of spells equal to your intelligence stat mod plus your level.

So at level 2 you'll have 8 spells in your spellbook and can prepare 5 of them (and can choose to have ritual spells as the other three so that they are available to you as well but that is not forced just a strong recommendation for character efficiency)

here is what I want to do . Use mage hand to pick up a pitcher of beer and pour it out on some hot heads and then drop the thing on barney badbutts thick skull. Putting an end to thid before it gets really rolling.

I believe you don't have to roll for cantrips as long as it's within the weight limit of Magc Hand, but asking GM where is what so you know would be a good idea. Also, I believe if we going to intervene we have to roll the initiative.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

To use a particular magic spell you have to name the spell you want to use and discuss with the DM how exactly you want you want to use it

For mage hand what you want do to with it is within it's abilities however your target is out of range.

Mage hand has a 30 feet range and anything beyond causes the summoned hand to vanish and this place is not a small tavern. After all it hosts a 40 foot diameter well in the middle of it's main floor plus enough space around the well to host hundreds of people. The only real option is to work your way through the crowd until you get in range.

And as long as I am asking questions. I want to set up my chat to mirror everyone else with a pic and important info=. How do I do that I tried a couple of test runs but it looed pretty bad. And do I need to do that every time I respond or is there a way to set the image/data up as a default image/header