Yet another interest check. Marvel Super Heroes.

cailano

48 minutes ago, cailano said:

Glad so many people would be willing to pilot ol’ webhead but you can’t all do it…

The 616 game Tiff tried, we were all Spider-Man variants.

I did a 'What If Spider-Noir was crossed with Person of Interest' It was fun.

Which is a roundabout way (I guess) or asking, are you open to variants or do you want to stick to Earth 616?

19 hours ago, Lando The Archmagi said:

Well make mine Marvel!

I've got over 30 yrs of love and experience with FASERIP. I own most of the MSH content and Spider-Man is my childhood hero. I collected many Marvel comics from the late 1980s - mid 2000s.

Wait, why does this sound like we might be the same person?

38 minutes ago, RedMax said:

I like the idea of playing established characters. And that they are already rolled.

I bought the game when it came out but didn't get much chance to play. I loved the books, though, and read them over often.

If I get in, can I be Iron Fist? : )

I've always liked Iron Fist. He would be a good choice.

7 hours ago, Excior said:

I can't find the pre gen TSR era pre gen super heros on the internet that one link you provided doesn't even have Spider Man listed lol

I'd Google around for the actual books. I don't normally say things like that, but in this case, the game is long out of print, no one is making money on it anymore, and it is worth preserving.

There are two websites I've found that have all the PDFs. Again, they are very easy to find with a Google search.

The books you want are the Basic Battle Book and the Advanced Player's Book, although the Basic Battle book tells you everything you really need to play. The Advanced Book has more character write-ups.

If you ever want to run your own MSH campaign, the Basic Campaign Book and the Advanced Judges book are also must-haves.

The Basic books come in an original and a revised edition. The originals are way more fun to read because in them, Spider-Man and the Thing teach you the system.

The Ultimate Powers Book is awesome if you ever want to create your own characters, but the randomized character generation in MSH is honestly pretty weak. I mean, some people like it but it's got nothing on Champions or Mutants and Masterminds if you want to create your own hero.

You can find physical copies on eBay but they are collector's items and priced accordingly.

7 hours ago, Excior said:

Whats the application process going to be for this game?

I'm going to wait until one of my DCC campaigns wraps up before going into recruiting. There will be an Applications topic and a template to follow. Just type in your hero's stats, add a pic, and you'll be good to go. I have the template up already (Captain America) and it took me all of five minutes to create the post.

Of the interest checks I've posted, this and the Castles and Crusades one got the most interest by far, so this is likely to run.