IC - Dragonheist - A Friend in Need

SMARTAgentKC

As Garth talks with the guard about his friend and the uprise in crime lately being connected to a festival or something. The rest of the group glance around to see if they can tell anything about the scene or overhear any of the questioning of the subjects and for the most part they cannot tell anything outside of the obvious however Idan as he looks seems to get a strange dream like vision and he senses that the ones in black clothes are part of the Zhentarim as they have a snake like Z symbol hovering over them, the bloody corpses are part of the Xanathar Guild and they have an eyeball symbol over them. He also gains the knowledge that the two symbols representing each group will be critical to remember.

~~~

When Garth asked for details about the bad people, the woman turned a little shy as she looked at her patrol partner with an expression of concern

The male guard exhaled slightly "The Skewered Dragon, a rumored hot spot for Zhentarim activity. Most of the time the Zhentarim or the Black Network keep their troublemaking to dealings in the shadows and such and never out in the open. However there was a rumor passed to the city watch two weeks ago about a big underground meeting between the Zhentarim and the Xanathar Guild, Waterdeep's own crime syndicate. Two criminal elements that if they work together on something means big trouble so we tried to get more information however before any more information could be had, all out street fights and attacks started popping up left and right, in broad daylight. Fights between Agents of Zhentarim and members of the Xanathar Guild. Why these fights are breaking out we aren't sure and no one left alive appears to be talking to anyone especially to those of the City Watch." He hummed "like my partner said, be careful, I think you'll be okay considering the weapon you are carrying but if you do cross blades with someone try not to make a scene about it huh..," He pointed his thumb at the three that were being arrested "we don't need more trouble tonight okay?"

Garth| AC 13 | Ini: 0 | PP: 12 | Hit Points: 36/36 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d3/e6/28/d3e6285f51610d45a1078f02cbf158ab.jpg

Garth looks up in just half-feigned despair, getting in against Zenth interests was already bad, but the possibility of getting more info on the treasure and getting other keys kinda made it worth the risk. Vanishing toward the East and with his cut change name, pay a mage to work on permanently changing his face and easily recognizable hair. In the end, hire one of the Eastern Assassin Guilds as a bodyguard, The Black Network is powerful but the world is full of scary organizations, even compared to Zenths. But now with Xanathar Guild involved too, things were getting out of control. Then he remembered the resemblance between corpses and guys in the Yawning Portal. Orc female had more to offer than he thought.

Out loud he lamented "I'm almost tempted to allow them to knife me if I think about how much gold they will ask to release this fool. I'll likely have to find a job here somewhere to recoup enough just to return to Phlan. And I'm gonna kick him in front of me each step of the way. Wanna see the big cities? Buy a postcard."

He looks at two guards with the face of a man about to walk to the gallows and fiddles with his pouch, finally finding 4 gold coins and pushing a pair into each guard's hand "I'm not superstitious man, but without you two I'd stick my head into hornet's nest without knowing, tonight after shift drink next time you see me I work as the bouncer somewhere, and not next body on the pile. I already know I can kiss the rest of the gold goodbye, knowing at least 4 pieces will warm up two decent souls instead of greasing up some asses pockets will give me some satisfaction. You be careful too. I wouldn't want to be caught in the middle of Xanathar and Zantharim. Duty is all good, but duty with HQ's backup is better. Stay safe. All good people can try to do."

Tools of the Trade

Equipment:

Glaive: 1d20+5, 1d10+3,

Greatsword: 1d20+5, 2d6+3

Hand Axe x2: 1d20+5, 2d6+3

Longbow (20 Arrows): 1d20+3, 1d8

Actions/OOC

Free:

Bonus:

Reaction:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

Maneuvers (5d8)-(4d8 left)

Brace

Grappling Strike

Quick Toss

Sweeping Attack

Trip Attack

OOC:

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

"So, to the Skewered Dragon then?", Vadania asks, "it doesn't seem like we'll be getting more information on the whereabouts of our friend here."

Vadania starts to walk in the direction the guard pointed them to.

Garth| AC 13 | Ini: 0 | PP: 12 | Hit Points: 36/36 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d3/e6/28/d3e6285f51610d45a1078f02cbf158ab.jpg

As soon they move far enough from the guard Garth stops again with by now familiar lean on his Glaive "Ok, Xanathar Guild too eh? I'll kiss Volo for forgetting that...if we survive" he sight and observes not too far tavern now "Last minute for any plan, any of you have any idea how to approach this?"

Tools of the Trade

Equipment:

Glaive: 1d20+5, 1d10+3,

Greatsword: 1d20+5, 2d6+3

Hand Axe x2: 1d20+5, 2d6+3

Longbow (20 Arrows): 1d20+3, 1d8

Actions/OOC

Free:

Bonus:

Reaction:

Swift:

Move: