IC - Dragonheist - A Friend in Need

SMARTAgentKC

Donaar gathers a bolt of fire into his hand and flings it at the Troll.

The Troll takes the scorching hit with a growl, the grime on it igniting and burning on him (41/84) (Regen disabled for 1 turn)

~~~ Enemy Turn ~~~

The Stirges on the troll deattach like bloated balloons after getting a filling meal and they dive off and head back into the well to go digest their meal.

The Stirges flying around the troll fly at people to try and get some blood grub however all of a sudden energy darts spiral around like little fireworks and impact each one killing them instantly. It seems there's a wizard in the crowd who knows Magic Missile.

The troll being free from his blood sucking friends growls as he looks toward Donaar. He then turns towards Donaar and was about to move in that direction but then a battle yell comes out as the Barkeeper Durnin vaults over the bar wielding a greatsword and after a dash slashes it against the troll.

The Troll roars in pain (30/84) and turns his attention to Durnin and attempts to bite and claw at the barkeeper and manages to hit twice but it seems the barkeeper is a well seasoned fighter and appears to tank the hits without too much strain (-18/???)

"Gods dang it, that's the second one this week." Durnin growled as he struggles with the monster "oy, you lot if you ain't afraid of it, attack it, fire is the best weapon against it"

~~~

All Players are up, Post when you can, will resolve when either all have either posted or in 72 hours whichever is first,

Name
Bite
1d20+7 15
Claw
1d20+7 3
claw 2
1d20+7 15

Vadania stands tall and resolute in the face of the looming troll. His eyes, a vibrant shade of green, glint with determination. He reaches into the depths of his being, calling upon the primal magic that flows through his veins.

With a swift motion, he extends his hand towards the troll, his fingers tracing an intricate pattern in the air. The words of the ancient Elvish incantation, “Hunter’s Mark,” escape his lips in a whisper.

As he finishes the spell, a faint, ethereal mark appears on the troll, glowing with a soft, otherworldly light. The mark, visible only to Vadania, signifies the bond between hunter and prey.

Vadania grabs his longbow, grabs an arrow from the quiver hanging by his hip, places the arrow, aims and shoots in one fluent motion. Right before he lets go of the arrow to let it fly towards the troll his foot slips on the puddle of ale making the arrow fly in an unintended direction.

Attack

Damage + 3

Edited by Ziminar
Added description of attack (see edit history)
Name
Attack
1d20 1
Damage
1d8 6

FullBody.png.c460050806e93815aab598d96dc04e70.png

* Thankful for the distraction by the barkeep I fire another Fire Bolt at the Troll* 'Let's try this again...watch out guys in case I miss.' *Donarr misses completely hopefully not hitting anyone else* 'Ooops better duck.'

Edited by KarDrago (see edit history)
Name
To Hit
1d20+5 1

WIZ-GAT | STATS:13 ~ WIZ:16 | HP : 19/19~HD 3/3D8

SPEL SLOTZ | L1 2/3

token_2(1).png.0a4249dfaadd363bb1b896f4fb864106.png

Wiz-Gat takes in the appearance of the troll and hides behind... anything. When the owner of the bar asks, no, demands for help then He hold up his club and quivers with fear. He runs! Charging toward the trolls ankle as he in-tunes the mighty metal club with a prayer. The crescent head begins to glow orange as he attempts to hit the monster.

OOC: Searing SmiteContent...The next time you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack during the spell's duration, your weapon flares with white-hot intensity, and the attack deals an extra 1d6 fire damage to the target and causes the target to ignite in flames. At the start of each of its turns until the spell ends, the target must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 1d6 fire damage. On a successful save, the spell ends. If the target or a creature within 5 feet of it uses an action to put out the flames, or if some other effect douses the flames (such as the target being submerged in water), the spell ends. on Wrench & an attack!

Edited by Taigains (see edit history)
Name
Wrench Attack
1d20+1 16
Damage, Blunt
1d4+1 4
Damage, Fire
1d6 2

Garth| AC 13 | Ini: 0 | PP: 12 | Hit Points: 36/36 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d3/e6/28/d3e6285f51610d45a1078f02cbf158ab.jpg

Warrior flies in low (O4) swinging his sword in half circle at Troll's back of the knee, trying to trip the brute down and allow the rest to pile up on top of the beast.

Troll Str to beat DC: 11

Tools of the Trade

Equipment:

Glaive: 1d20+5, 1d10+3,

Greatsword: 1d20+5, 2d6+3

Hand Axe x2: 1d20+5, 2d6+3

Longbow (20 Arrows): 1d20+3, 1d8

Actions/OOC

Free:

Bonus:

Reaction:

Swift:

Move: Move

Standard: Attack

Immediate: Spending 1 Superiority Die

Maneuvers (5d8)-(4d8 left)

Brace

Grappling Strike

Quick Toss

Sweeping Attack

Trip Attack

OOC:

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)
Name
Greatsword Attack
1d20+5 1
Greatsword Damage
2d6+3 2,4
Superiority Die for Trip Attack
1d8 2

spacer.png Idan

HP: 17/17
AC: 15 | P.Perception: 13

Saves
+0 STR | +2 CON
+2 DEX | +2 INT
+5 WIS | +1 CHA

"Using fire in a mostly-wooden building? Sounds like a great idea," Idan quips, then promptly flings some fire at the troll.

Edited by Eagleheart (see edit history)
Name
Produce Flame
9; 6
1d20+5;1d8 [4]; [4,6]

In a rather comedic way, the chaos of the troll attacking and the heroes attempting to step up to try and deal with it winds up with two small fire spells going wild, an traditional elven archer slipping in some spilled ale and his shot going straight into the ceiling, a classic, a warrior trying to wield a massive sword and having the hardest time trying to bring the thing up to attack and in all this chaos the only one who managed to land a hit, was a small craft savvy kobold who used an enflamed wrench to hit the troll and igniting it. (23/84) However this would prove to be quite a foolish move after all the troll was most likely 4 times the size of that puny little crafter and although it was hurting from the hit the bartender dealt to it, a little snack of a kobold was a much easier target,

With a swipe, the troll picked the little kobold crafter up and bit on him to have a snack however quickly finding the armor and scales of the kobold to be a little too hard to bite on, he threw the little the crafter in anger and sent him wrench and all into a nearby wall. It was simply by a weird blend of divine, fiend blessing and hard armor that the kobold wasn't completely knocked out (HP: 1/19), (damage taken was 18, 7 from the claw swipe, 11 from the bite)

Fortunately the chaos and Koboldic distraction was all Durnin needed, With the force of a seasoned warrior, he laid into the troll with his greatsword cutting the legs of the monster and then slamming it sending it back into the well in three pieces, the monster roared as it fell into the well. He then made a whistle to someone and pointed down the well.

A robed wizard came forward calmly summoned up a ball of fire and threw it down into the well. A few moments later an echoing explosion followed by a burst of explosive heat came out of the well. He give a slight bow of his head to Durnin and headed back to a table. It seems he's used to being summoned to deal a fiery finisher.

Durnin sighed "Darn trolls, they disrupt my business and cut into my profits. No good the whole lot of them." He looked at the group "thanks for the aid, although you lot might want to work on your aim."

~~~

Sequence Complete - Victory to players

Name
Claw
1d20+7 14
Claw
1d20+7 5
Bite
1d20+7 18
roll
repeat(1d20+8,4) 2,8,14,2

Garth| AC 13 | Ini: 0 | PP: 12 | Hit Points: 36/36 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |

Garth resheets his sword and grumbles "I aimed just fine, it was his leg that was in the wrong place." he then looks at one of the drunkards who started all of this and kicked him in the groin. "I'm doing you a favor. There is a hope your children won't inherit your intellect." Warrior moves to the splayed Kobold picking him up "Hey you can't die now, you (almost) killed the Troll, drinks are on you tonight."

Tools of the Trade

Equipment:

Actions/OOC

Free:

Bonus:

Reaction:

Swift:

Brace

Grappling Strike

Quick Toss

Sweeping Attack

Trip Attack

OOC:

Donaar watches as the little Kobold arcs through the air to almost become a wall decoration. As Wiz slides down the wall to the floor Donaar shakes his head and chuckles "Grumph,grumph..nice landing. Awkward, but nice.' He walks over to wiz to see if there is any life left in him. 'Glad to see you are still with us, nice shot with the wrench. A very interesting weapon of choice, by the way, what exactly are you?' He helps him to a chair.

After the ‘fight’ is over Vadania quickly removes his arrow from the ceiling and blends into the crowd again but makes sure he can keep an eye on the group the little kobold is part of.

The fight didn’t exactly prove this group can handle themselves in an actual fight to the death, not that he didn’t do any better, but the vision had shown the little creature that got tossed around the room quite clearly. He has no idea what the vision meant or what’s about to happen next, all he can do right now is keep an eye on them.

He wonders if he should make direct contact with them or just lay low as long as possible.

WIZ-GAT | STATS:13 ~ WIZ:16 | HP : 1/19~HD 3/3D8

SPEL SLOTZ | L1 2/3

Pride before the fall is a scale faced lie! I am not proud! Why be proud when giant troll faced troll is grabby me like I his toy! ... please be want me as toy!? OH GODS NOT A TOY!

Wiz-gat's scream was not stopped as his upper half was chimped on, only muted slightly from inside the trolls mouth. His body felt like it would be torn in half and squeezed into a diamond at the same time. Thankfully, one of the random bits of spare metal dug into the trolls gumbs as the saliva leached some of the old sulfer smell of the hells from his clothes, and his cog like holy symbol was forced between two of the troll's teeth!

As Wiz-gat's eyes were once again blessed with a vision of the tavern, he thought it would all be ok! Then he was soaring through the air, and right at a wall. Mid-flight his shoulders dropped and he spoke a single swear with an exasperated expression. This semi-giving up, semi- accepting fate left his body loose enough to splat against the wall without even loosing consciousness!!!

So he would be able to remember how much this moment hurt... for the rest of his life. ALWAYS.

As the great dragon-person asked Wiz what he was, the only reply was... "In pain."

Edited by Taigains (see edit history)

"Wizgat Inpain? Your parents had a sense of humor, but spelling was not their strong suit." Garth caries Kobold back to their table and looks at the old man "So you perchance have a job for us?"

Tools of the Trade

Equipment:

Actions/OOC

Free:

Bonus:

Reaction:

Swift:

Brace

Grappling Strike

Quick Toss

Sweeping Attack

Trip Attack

OOC:

SPEL SLOTZ | L1 2/3

"Wiz-gat name not Inpain... hmm... Me change mind. Name is Wiz-gat Inpain, very funny, much like. WHAT IS OUR JOB!? I need money to afford medicen... and new gond idol." Wiz-gat stands up, coughs a bit, and gets on top of a table. "ANYONE HAZ A SPAIR GOND IDLE!? ME'S WENT WITH TROLL IN ITS TEETH! I also accept tips for services and or entertainment provided. May Gond be with you, long live the intuitive mind in us all, FEAR THE COMING DOOM OF TIAMAT, I'll be here till this guy says i go somewhere else."

~~~ DM as Volo ~~~

Straight to business my good man, yes indeed I do have a job for you all if you are interested. Allow me to introduce myself, Volothamp Geddarm, chronicler, wizard, and celebrity, at your service. Let's all gather by this table and I'll tell you the story."

~~

Once everyone gathered back the table, Volo began his tale

~~~ DM as Volo ~~~

Now I'm not sure how long you all have been in town or what not but... *lightly thumb points over to where Durnin and his female half orc worker are roughly removing Baldy and his four thugs* what just happened over there minus the troll has been happening all over Waterdeep lately and I'm afraid that my friend Floon Blagmaar might have gotten swept up into these things because after I left him a couple nights ago, I haven't heard from him since.

*shake a pouch that sounds like it has quite a bit of money*

Now I'm willing to pay just for accepting this mission 10 dragons a piece and I'll pay each of you 10 times that amount if you manage to find my friend and bring him back to me alive.

SPEL SLOTZ | L1 2/3

"I ACCEPT! GIMMIEGIMMIEGIMMIE! Wiz-gat need buy all the things~ yes yes yes... is ten dragold enough buy skyship? Wiz-gat want skyship. Make clutch on skyship and never have wory 'bout caveins again."