Redemption - OOC Thread (Players only)

By the way, y'all are still invisible, so Oslan won't be able to watch Aly's retreating form. 😉

EDIT: Question for all players! I know that when I do normal DMing, I'll nudge my players a little by saying, "You know, that doesn't seem like a good idea at this moment in time," or "Has anyone looked around the room yet?" Granted, I have only been playing TT with D&D noobs recently, so that's forgivable, but would you guys like little GM nudges? Not about writing style, but about the actual game, similar to those examples? Or should I keep my mouth shut since you all are experienced players?

Edited by Varen Tai (see edit history)

49 minutes ago, Varen Tai said:

By the way, y'all are still invisible, so Oslan won't be able to watch Aly's retreating form. 😉

EDIT: Question for all players! I know that when I do normal DMing, I'll nudge my players a little by saying, "You know, that doesn't seem like a good idea at this moment in time," or "Has anyone looked around the room yet?" Granted, I have only been playing TT with D&D noobs recently, so that's forgivable, but would you guys like little GM nudges? Not about writing style, but about the actual game, similar to those examples? Or should I keep my mouth shut since you all are experienced players?

I'd like to be warned if I'm about to make a big mistake. Otherwise we should be able to get by with minimal nudging.

6 minutes ago, Rumrunner said:

Only if it helps get my character introduced then you can stop :p

Same here.

However, if it appears I've misunderstood your description of the environment or situation--feel free to bring it to my attention. Fixing miscommunication and misunderstandings is in a different category from GM nudges.

8 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Same here.

However, if it appears I've misunderstood your description of the environment or situation--feel free to bring it to my attention. Fixing miscommunication and misunderstandings is in a different category from GM nudges.

That ^ I agree 100%

OK, so I'll pitch this out - both Aly and Oslan are still invisible, they don't have a plan to find each other later while they are invisible, and there is an unknown number of enemies at the caravans, but... they're splitting up instead of staying together until they have a better idea of what they are dealing with?

Sorry if this is too much of a nudge, I'm still rusty on not GMing noobs. 😉

24 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@Varen Tai Here's a thought: don't provide any nudges; and when players are about to die, introduce more players to save them.*

*Warning: failure to terminate this policy when all players have been introduced may result in TPK.

Brilliant! In fact, I can even nudge them TOWARDS death so as to speed up the process!