OOC Discussions

Sellsword

The first thing you notice in this chamber is a huge silver circle, 30 feet in diameter, that has been inlaid into the stone floor. A large sun symbol is set into its center. Eight round, shallow depressions encircle the outer edge of the symbol, and each depression nearly touches a ray from the sun.

Edited by cybersavant (see edit history)

I had to have my gallbladder removed last Thursday, I thought I might be able to post at some point after that but I was not able to sorry I am plying catch up now.

one just examined by Kord, who has decided to let sleeping bears lie and not disturb the vessel as it crackles with electricit

i think that was Jack, Kordannaghlan didn't go near any of the urns

16 hours ago, Excior said:

what does the floor look like again? can my character match up the pattern on the wall with a pattern on the floor?

Here's the image from the map:

image.png.76d1e196e8285df992efc057e4f859b5.png

It's basically a large, 8-pointed sun. There is no obvious correlation to anything on the walls or in the alcoves.

I can't count... For the sake of brevity, Amarandé is wanting to ensure that all of the alcoves are checked, so unless anybody else volunteers to take a look he'll go to G and then H after he visits F

I want to add one thing, since @Arbuthnott is thinking in the right direction relating the properties of the vessels to schools of magic. The specific placement of the vessels on the points of the stars doesn't matter--the invisible/illusion vessel, for example, can be placed anywhere. But the placement of all the opposing vessels does matter.

Hope that makes sense! It's a nifty little puzzle, but I also don't want it to take a month to get through.

Hey Sellsword, can I just check what the final result of examining the pot in alcove B was? On my person I had a pouch of flour and a healing potion; did they merely open, or did they spew their contents all over the floor?

We'll say that they merely opened, none of the contents were lost or ruined. It was mostly a flavor thing, not intended to be a punishment or loss of resources!