In Character: Prologue / Character Test-Drive

Aspekt

spacer.pngKagami Saya

Oni-blooded Ronin

AC: 14 (Unarmored, CON) | HP: 25/25 (2d12+6) | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 9, Insight 9 Investigation 10. Darkvision 60ft.
Str: 19[14] (+4) | Dex: 12 (+1) | Con: 17 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 8 (-1) | Cha: 14 (+2)
Languages: Common, Infernal, Celestial, Kozakuran

“Well, my father taught me to never turn away a scholar…and being able to apply such mystical knowledge as spells, certainly puts you on a level above other…what’s the phrase?” The horned woman paused for a moment and then snapped her fingers as she turned back to face Tevis again. “Ah, that’s right. Bookworms….what say the res-“

Her question to her nascent party was cut short by the outburst at the table with the older couple. Saya reflexively dropped into a low combat stance, her hands reaching for her sword and scabbard, ready to quick draw with an iaido-slash against any oncoming attackers.

Normally, such an impulse would’ve been ignored in a crowded and already loud tavern…but that voice at the centre of the outburst. It was strong and Saya could feel it run through her nerves and tense up her musculature. It was a voice that was projecting the full force of one’s kiai, one’s fighting spirit…it was the voice of a strong and venerable warrioress…

After scanning the tavern and seeing things calm down slowly, Saya loosened back up and returned to her normal stance.

”…as I was saying…what do the rest of you say? Where do your strengths and skill sets lay and would such a student of the mystical serve well with you?”

TAGS: @Phntm888 @8w_gremlin @BigLee @morgan_ and others I may have missed for group 2?

sherrin_token.png.0364df8fac31c1cdd293154bf52354b1.pngSherrin Human Rogue 2

AC 15 | HP 17/17 | Speed 40 ft.

STR 12 | Dex 16 | Con 14 | Wis 14 | Int 8 | Cha 10

Sherrin thought very carefully about how she should advertise her skills. How do I tell them I'm good at picking pockets and breaking into houses without sounding like a thief? She suspected that there would be no hiding it, however, from the halfling that had followed Saya over. A kindred spirit, maybe?

She addressed Saya and Tevis and the others around their table. "I'm no scholar, not a warrior either. But I'm pretty quick and I'm not useless in a fight, either. When the situation calls for stealth and careful reconnaissance, I'm your girl. I'm sure I could help unlock doors and disarm traps, too."

Stat Block

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2876702]Sherrin[/url][/b] [i]Human (Variant) Rogue 2 CN[/i] [b]AC[/b] 14 [b]HP[/b] 17 [b]Speed[/b] 40ft [b]Str[/b] 12 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 16 (3) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 14 (2) [b]Int[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0) [b]Attacks[/b] [b]Shortsword (Pierce/5 ft.)[/b] +5 1d6+3 [b]Dagger (Pierce/5 ft.)[/b] +5 1d4+3 [b]Dart (Pierce/20 ft./60ft.)[/b] +5 1d4+3 [b][/b] [b][/b] Rogue Features: Sneak Attack: 1d6 -- PHB, pg. 96 Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack with a finesse or ranged weapon if you have advantage on the attack roll. You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 ft. of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll. Cunning Action: Starting at 2nd level, your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action. Expertise -- Sleight of Hand, Perception Racial Traits: Feat: Mobile PHB, pg. 168 Your speed increases by 10 feet. When you use the Dash action, difficult terrain doesn't cost you extra movement on that turn. When you make a melee attack against a creature, you don't provoke opportunity attacks from that creature for the rest of the turn, whether you hit or not. Background: Criminal / Spy Feature: Criminal Contact You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison to a network of other criminals. You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances; specifically, you know the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can deliver messages for you.
Sherrin
Human (Variant) Rogue 2 CN

AC 14 HP 17 Speed 40ft

Str 12 (1) Dex 16 (3) Con 14 (2) Wis 14 (2) Int 8 (-1) Cha 10 (0)

Attacks
Shortsword (Pierce/5 ft.) +5 1d6+3
Dagger (Pierce/5 ft.) +5 1d4+3
Dart (Pierce/20 ft./60ft.) +5 1d4+3

Rogue Features:
Sneak Attack: 1d6 -- PHB, pg. 96
Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack with a finesse or ranged weapon if you have advantage on the attack roll. You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 ft. of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.
Cunning Action: Starting at 2nd level, your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.
Expertise -- Sleight of Hand, Perception

Racial Traits:
Feat: Mobile PHB, pg. 168
Your speed increases by 10 feet. When you use the Dash action, difficult terrain doesn't cost you extra movement on that turn. When you make a melee attack against a creature, you don't provoke opportunity attacks from that creature for the rest of the turn, whether you hit or not.

Background:
Criminal / Spy
Feature: Criminal Contact
You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison to a network of other criminals. You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances; specifically, you know the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can deliver messages for you.

Sam listened to the group begin to introduce themselves. Seemed to him like he'd picked a pretty good team, or maybe they picked him. Either way, he looked forward to adventuring with them. When it came his turn to introduce himself, which he had been dreading the whole time, he kept it short and sweet.

You can call me Sam. As for my skills, well, I'm good at hiding, finding things, stealing them if necessary. I'm good with a bow and I'm better at sneaking up on someone than I am at all out combat. And I usually have a few tricks up my sleeve when needed.

That wasn't so bad, Sam thought. He gave a nod to what appeared to be a kindred spiritNodding at Sherrin. Thinking about some of the things Sam had done in the past, he wondered how much of a disadvantage it was to be so big when you're trying to steal something.

samus_avitar.png.65f64cf0e7a42f2976c37f70c80422a3.png
Samus Fletcher
Rogue (1) / Sorcerer (1)

AC: 13 | HP: 10/10Init: +3 | PP: 14 | Speed: 25
Spell Slots: 1st 2 | Spell Attack: +4 | Spell DC: 12

Mechanics

ACTION

Action and important info goes here

BONUS ACTION

Bonus action and details go here

MOVE ACTION

Where you going?

MANIPULATION

Free item interaction here

Character Sheet

WIP

Inventory

Also WIP

Spells

Ability CHA
Save DC 12
Attack +4

0 Cantrips

Mage Hand
Shocking Grasp

1st Level Spells (2/2)

Disguise Self
Mage Armor

Edited by BigLee (see edit history)

3wIkLSC.png

D
Medium, Human Fighter

AC 14

HP 16/16

HD 1/1d8, 1/1d10

Second Wind 1/1

Inspiration 0/?
Attuned 0/3

Daigneault leaps backwards, cornered and unsure with his footing amidst all of the crowd and furniture.

“Backing away. Backing away. Your space is your space. What comes next? Anything else?” His hands raised high, he takes two more steps back for good measure.

“Yeah. What he said. No harm meant. None. Zilch. I'm uh... You can call me Dee, Norman Dee.” Daigneault grasps at all of the lifesavers thrown at him.

His gaze flits and shifts between Arden and Tseren. He takes note of the nod at Wilovar. Arden chimes in with the de-escalation, and Daigneault is all for it. “Thank you. A pleasure to meet you, Arden, Tseren, Wilovar, Elrod, Loxley.” He gives a curt nod at each one on the table.

After regaining his composure, he unclenches his gut, swallows the lump in his throat, and whines in his head. ‘Come on. Fruit slices are cute. Where did I go wrong?’

OOC

Main Hand: Apple
Off Hand:

Action:
Bonus Action:
Move: 

Application

Statblock 

Mechanics

Alignment: LN
Proficiency Bonus: +2

INIT: +3
AC: 14
HD: 1d8, 1d10
HP: 16/16

STR: 10 (+0) [+0]
DEX: 16 (+3) [+5]
CON: 12 (+1) [+1]
INT: 14 (+2) [+4]
WIS: 14 (+2) [+2]
CHA: 8 (-1) [-1]

Speed: 30ft

Passive Perception: 16

Skills
+3 Acrobatics (Dex)
+2 Animal Handling (Wis)
+2 Arcana
+2 Athletics (Str) Rogue
-1 Deception (Cha)
+2 History
+4 Insight (Wis) Rogue
-1 Intimidation (Cha)
+6 Investigation (Int) Rogue; Expertise
+4 Medicine (Wis) Human
+2 Nature (Int)
+6 Perception (Wis) Background; Expertise
-1 Performance (Cha)
-1 Persuasion (Cha)
+2 Religion
+3 Sleight of Hand (Dex)
+5 Stealth (Dex) Rogue
+4 Survival (Wis) Background

Variant Human Scribe Features:
SkillsYou gain proficiency in one skill of your choice.

Medicine
 | Feat: Crossbow ExpertYou gain one feat of your choice.

Crossbow Expert

Thanks to extensive practice with the crossbow, you gain the following benefits:

- You ignore the loading quality of crossbows with which you are proficient.

- Being within 5 feet of a hostile creature doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged attack rolls.

- When you use the Attack action and attack with a one-handed weapon, you can use a bonus action to attack with a hand crossbow you are holding.
 | Rustic HospitalityRustic Hospitality (Folk Hero)
Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.
 |

Rogue Features:
ExpertiseAt 1st level, choose two of your skill proficiencies, or one of your skill proficiencies and your proficiency with thieves' tools. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.

Investigation, Perception

At 6th level, you can choose two more of your proficiencies (in skills or with thieves' tools) to gain this benefit.
 | Sneak AttackBeginning at 1st level, you know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe's distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon.

You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.

The amount of the extra damage increases as you gain levels in this class, as shown in the Sneak Attack column of the Rogue table.
 | Thieves' CantDuring your rogue training you learned thieves' cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves' cant understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly.

In addition, you understand a set of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves' guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.
 |

Fighter Features:
Fighting Style: ArcheryYou adopt a particular style of fighting as your specialty. Choose one of the following options. You can't take the same Fighting Style option more than once, even if you get to choose again.

Archery
You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.
 | Second WindYou have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level.

Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.
 |

Armor: light armor, medium armor, shields
Weapons: simple weapons, martial weapons
Tools: Cartographer's tools, Navigator's tools, Thieves' tools

Languages: Common, Giant, Thieves' Cant

Attacks
Regular
Unarmed 5 ft Bludgeoning   +2 to-hit 1
Dagger 5, 20 / 60 ft Piercing finesse, light, thrown +5 to-hit 1d4+3
Heavy Crossbow 100 / 400 ft Piercing ammunition, heavy, loading, two-handed +5 to-hit 1d10+3
Shortsword 5 ft Piercing finesse, light +5 to-hit 1d6+3
Magical

Magic Items:

•  

Gear

Currency: 9

Worn Gear:

Common Clothes
Studded Leather Armor

Carried Gear:

Backpack
Crossbow Bolts, 20
Heavy Crossbow
Dagger, 2
Shortsword, 2

Inside Backpack:

Crowbar
Cartographer's Tools
Hammer
Iron Pot
Navigator's Tools
Pitons, 10
Thieves' Tools
Tinderbox
Torch, 10
Rations, 10
Rope, Hemp, 50 ft
Shovel
Waterskin

spacer.pngSarah Heart

Variant Human Hunter Ranger 2 | Coins 106 gp
HP 20/20 | AC 15 | Init +3 | PP 14 | Speed 30 ft | DV 0 ft
Hand Crossbow A:+7 D:1d6+3 piercing T:ammunition 40 (30/120 ft.), light, loading
Rapier A:+5 D:1d8+3 piercing T:finesse Whip A:+5 D:1d4+3 slashing T:finesse, reach
Inspiration 0d6 | Spells 1 ■■

In the corner a red volume groans. Lifting her head from the table, a drunk woman with red hair and rare yellow eyes makes herself visible. She's still holding her mug and she has a red circle on her forehead where she had been resting her face on the table. "For a ... stealthy group ... you make too much noise." Well, for someone with a headache, even a conversation can be noisy. Incredibly though, she hasn't waken when there was an actual conflict before. That's how drunks work. "Why are you all twins?" And of course she was seeing two of each. Three humans, a goat and a kid. What was a kid doing in a tavern?

@ResidualRose @Phntm888 @8w_gremlin @BigLee @morgan_ Perhaps, instead of tagging individually, we should just identify ourselves as Team 2 while we don't have a name yet.

Edited by Coruja (see edit history)

Belbajak Sweetwater

spacer.pngForest Gnome Abjurer 

AC 12 | HP 14/14 | Ward 5/5 | HD 2/2 | Initiative +2 | Speed 25 ft. Fly 25 ft.
Darkvision 60 ft. | Passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 15.
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 16 (+3) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: Common, Gnomish, Sylvan
Spell-casting: +5 DC 13 | Recovery 1/1 | Cantrips | 1st 3/3 | 2nd 0/0

"Thanks dearie. Kids, take our gear to the room, please. Sorry for your loss, dearie." Esmerelda takes the key from Mrs. Hobblepot and hands it to her daughter Belorla who gets up.

spacer.png"Aww, c'mon. This is just getting good." Their son Namfoodle whines and follows his sister to their wagon to carry the majority of the luggage.

The two mature gnomes listen to the captain and the assembly of the teams while finishing their meals. Esmerelda hits Belbajak when he doesn't answer Eira's question. In fairness, his mouth was full. "He's joined the Company, Belbajak Sweetwater. I'm Esmerelda, pleased to meet you. Me and the kids will make a life for where he is stationed." Esmerald smiles at Eira. Belbajak still focuses on his meal which must be good.

The two gnomes manage to raise their mugs at Sergeant Lin's toast to the Company but fails to add the oo-rah. It didn't sound right to them, and they share a look that only an old married couple can share.

Still eating, Belbajak unconsciously ignores Sherrin, but Esmerlda replies to her, "Oh, hello, Sherrin. I'm Esmerlda Sweetwater. This is my lost husband Belbajak with horrible manners. Please have a seat if you wish." She playfully hits her husband's shoulder. Then, they both wince at the declaration by Saya, as if hearing an awfully loud noise.

Even with Esmerelda's prodding, Belbajak is immobile. It was the last bit of his life he controlled. He didn't want to be a mercenary. They were mostly loud and brutish and more comfortable adventuring than in a comfortable chain in from a pleasant fireplace reading an interesting book, where he would be if he had had his choice. He just surveyed the tavern listening and watching his fellow mercenaries cataloging their vocalized skills, gear, and mannerisms, as if he would write a book about them.

OOC

@8w_gremlin @morgan_

Action: -

Bonus Action: -

Movement: -

Reaction: -

Object Interaction: -

Actions & Resources

Actions

Shocking Grasp . Melee Spell Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 lightning damage, and target can't take reactions until the start of its next turn. Advantage on the attack roll if the target is wearing armor made of metal.

Firebolt . Ranged Spell Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 120 ft., one target. Hit: 1d10 fire damage. A flammable object hit by this spell ignites if it isn't being worn or carried.

Magic Missile .

Sleep .

Tasha's Hideous Laughter .

Bonus Actions:

-

Reactions:

Shield

Race & Class Features:

Gnome Cunning . You have advantage on all Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma saving throws against magic.

Speak with Small Beasts . Through sounds and gestures, you can communicate simple ideas with Small or smaller beasts. Forest gnomes love animals and often keep squirrels, badgers, rabbits, moles, woodpeckers, and other creatures as beloved pets.

Familiar (fey owl). Your familiar acts independently of you, but it always obeys your commands. In combat, it rolls its own initiative and acts on its own turn. A familiar can't attack, but it can take other actions as normal.

When the familiar drops to 0 hit points, it disappears, leaving behind no physical form. It reappears after you cast this spell again. As an action, you can temporarily dismiss the familiar to a pocket dimension. Alternatively, you can dismiss it forever. As an action while it is temporarily dismissed, you can cause it to reappear in any unoccupied space within 30 feet of you. Whenever the familiar drops to 0 hit points or disappears into the pocket dimension, it leaves behind in its space anything it was wearing or carrying.

While your familiar is within 100 feet of you, you can communicate with it telepathically. Additionally, as an action, you can see through your familiar's eyes and hear what it hears until the start of your next turn, gaining the benefits of any special senses that the familiar has. During this time, you are deaf and blind with regard to your own senses.

You can't have more than one familiar at a time. If you cast this spell while you already have a familiar, you instead cause it to adopt a new form. Choose one of the forms from the above list. Your familiar transforms into the chosen creature.

Finally, when you cast a spell with a range of touch, your familiar can deliver the spell as if it had cast the spell. Your familiar must be within 100 feet of you, and it must use its reaction to deliver the spell when you cast it. If the spell requires an attack roll, you use your attack modifier for the roll.

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

The words of Arden finally filtered through to Tseren. She drew in a ragged breath, then another. "...yes. Yes, the horses..." Tseren lurched out of the booth, gradually noticing how young the knife-wielder was -- someone even not even taller than her for a change. Maybe he doesn't realize how wrong his actions and words were...

Still, the older woman's body trembled in stress. A dying coal still popping with unspent fuel. More breaths to try to calm herself as she shuffled off for the door leading to outside. All the while, the dark whisper hissing in the back of her mind, unwilling to be shook off just yet.

...but maybe he doesn't CARE.

Outside blessedly embraced Tseren as she made her way to the stables.

Edited by RedRajah (see edit history)

Tevis Longfellow - Human Warlock

AC: 13 | HP: 15/15 | Saves: Str +0, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +1, Cha +5 | Passive Perception: 9 | Passive Insight: 9 | Init: +2 | Spell Slots: 2/2

Tevis nodded. "Sounds like a fine group of scouts. I think I may have to learn how to move quietly to fit in - every time I try I seem to bump into something or step on a stick or trip over my own feet." He was very congenial towards the halfling and the woman who seemed to both have some skill at such stealthy moves.

Turning to the red-haired woman, he saw her state and a look of sympathy crossed his face. "Oh, dear. You don't look like you're doing too well, at all. Do you need some water, or perhaps some food to perk you up?"

OOC

spacer.pngKagami Saya

Oni-blooded Ronin

AC: 14 (Unarmored, CON) | HP: 25/25 (2d12+6) | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 9, Insight 9 Investigation 10. Darkvision 60ft.
Str: 19[14] (+4) | Dex: 12 (+1) | Con: 17 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 8 (-1) | Cha: 14 (+2)
Languages: Common, Infernal, Celestial, Kozakuran

“I actually used to be a scout myself as well, back when I first started as warrior and soldier in my clan’s army back home…” Saya commented as she signalled the tavern staff for her drink. “…though that was over a ten-year ago, and my muscles have gotten a bit more knotted and less flexible since, I’m afraid…”

Turning to the fellow redhead, though the drunkard’s hair was far more noticeably so then Saya’s dark ruby strands, she offered her own cure. “I recommend something fried. Topped with eggs. My brothers used to swear by foods like that after a night spent drowning in rice wine.”

The Oni-blooded swordswoman then turned back to the matriarch and patriarch of the gnomish brood that had assembled. “What does your mate do, if he has signed up with us Hawks? Aside from being fruitful and multiplying.” Saya asked before emphasizing by gesturing to the family.

TAGS: @Phntm888 @8w_gremlin @BigLee @morgan_ @JubalBreakbottle @Corujaand others I may have missed for group 2?

spacer.pngSarah Heart

Hand Crossbow A:+7 D:1d6+3 piercing T:ammunition 40 (30/120 ft.), light, loading
Rapier A:+5 D:1d8+3 piercing T:finesse Whip A:+5 D:1d4+3 slashing T:finesse, reach

Sarah looked at them both offering to cure her drunkness as if they were aberrations. "Why do you think I want a 'cure' for my drinks? It wasn't an accident. I chose to drink. In fact, I need more drinking. Have a seat. Be my guest at my table. I pay the first round." With a kick of her boots she moves a chair back, giving space for anyone to sit.

Belbajak Sweetwater

spacer.pngForest Gnome Abjurer 

AC 12 | HP 14/14 | Ward 5/5 | HD 2/2 | Initiative +2 | Speed 25 ft. Fly 25 ft.
Darkvision 60 ft. | Passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 15.
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 16 (+3) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: Common, Gnomish, Sylvan
Spell-casting: +5 DC 13 | Recovery 1/1 | Cantrips | 1st 3/3 | 2nd 0/0

The gnomes are quite intimidated when Oni-blooded swordswoman approaches them. After an uncomfortable pause, the wife replies, "w... w... wizard. My husband Belbajak is a wizard."

Then, the husband continues, "th... that's right. I'm an abjurer. That's a wizard who specializes in Abjuration."

"I hear you are an accomplished warrior."

OOC

@ResidualRose

Action: -

Bonus Action: -

Movement: -

Reaction: -

Object Interaction: -

Actions & Resources

Actions

Shocking Grasp . Melee Spell Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 lightning damage, and target can't take reactions until the start of its next turn. Advantage on the attack roll if the target is wearing armor made of metal.

Firebolt . Ranged Spell Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 120 ft., one target. Hit: 1d10 fire damage. A flammable object hit by this spell ignites if it isn't being worn or carried.

Magic Missile .

Sleep .

Tasha's Hideous Laughter .

Bonus Actions:

-

Reactions:

Shield

Race & Class Features:

Gnome Cunning . You have advantage on all Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma saving throws against magic.

Speak with Small Beasts . Through sounds and gestures, you can communicate simple ideas with Small or smaller beasts. Forest gnomes love animals and often keep squirrels, badgers, rabbits, moles, woodpeckers, and other creatures as beloved pets.

Familiar (fey owl). Your familiar acts independently of you, but it always obeys your commands. In combat, it rolls its own initiative and acts on its own turn. A familiar can't attack, but it can take other actions as normal.

When the familiar drops to 0 hit points, it disappears, leaving behind no physical form. It reappears after you cast this spell again. As an action, you can temporarily dismiss the familiar to a pocket dimension. Alternatively, you can dismiss it forever. As an action while it is temporarily dismissed, you can cause it to reappear in any unoccupied space within 30 feet of you. Whenever the familiar drops to 0 hit points or disappears into the pocket dimension, it leaves behind in its space anything it was wearing or carrying.

While your familiar is within 100 feet of you, you can communicate with it telepathically. Additionally, as an action, you can see through your familiar's eyes and hear what it hears until the start of your next turn, gaining the benefits of any special senses that the familiar has. During this time, you are deaf and blind with regard to your own senses.

You can't have more than one familiar at a time. If you cast this spell while you already have a familiar, you instead cause it to adopt a new form. Choose one of the forms from the above list. Your familiar transforms into the chosen creature.

Finally, when you cast a spell with a range of touch, your familiar can deliver the spell as if it had cast the spell. Your familiar must be within 100 feet of you, and it must use its reaction to deliver the spell when you cast it. If the spell requires an attack roll, you use your attack modifier for the roll.

With a last mighty swig Captain Arran slams the empty tankard to the table top and looks around the room. Two relatively even groups stand milling about, and the shouting has even died down.

Damn, they actually managed it. Didn't figure they had it in them. I thought for sure that lady was going to gut that poor lad with the knife.

Captain Arran nods to Lin and they share a knowing smile.

"Alright you lot" he says, looking over a sea of druids, rogues, samurai, librarians, and halflings. "You lot are with me. The rest of ya on that side of the room are going to follow Lin, and she'll get you organized on your first contract."

Arran marches to the front door of the tavern and holds it wide, and smiles at you all. He gestures for his group to follow him out into the street, and towards the Silver Hawks Company offices.

"Welcome to the Silver Hawks!"

OOC: Next StepsI'll allow you all to continue arguing about the team names in the In-Character and OOC threads of each respective team. When you're ready, please join us there!

I'll leave this thread open in case anyone wants to add final thoughts.

spacer.pngSarah Heart

Sarah had just invited people to join her table, and the hardened high hierarchy old man was calling for them. Just her luck. Well, it was her fault to be late to the party. She drunk herself to oblivion and when she was awake again, it was time to move. "Alright ... no more drinks tonight." She stood up fast and the sudden movement sent her stomach swirling. It took five seconds for her to turn her head to the side and throw up. Nasty. She grimaced and grabbed the mug again, drinking the rest of it. Just to clean the taste in her mouth, obviously. "Ah, better. Time to move."