Out of Character: The Barge

Gris

1 minute ago, Acromos said:

Further back, the other four drow are taking potshots, but Krgh'âahn has what you assume is an annoying habit - to the drow - of batting their arrows out of the air.

After Aria has moved 35 ft, how far away are the drows?

@Acromos Look... if ms.Blueblood doesn't see any enemy come out of the darkness... she'll start whipping some slaves

Seriously though, is the gnome and the Ballista nearby, ms.Blueblood wants to shoot THAT at someone next...

@Coruja maybe tie a loop and put it on Arial's ankle, connect to the Ballista bolt on a short rope... fire at a Drow on a drow ship, whattya say ?

Edited by DarkAngel (see edit history)

@DarkAngel Ha! Very funny! I'm just trying to get out of the darkness zone. The way I imagine it, the barge is ambushed from two sides by two drow boats each. One side has been engulfed in darkness with its players and two drow boats. The other side with the remaining two drow boats is clear.

It's this correct, @Acromos ?

14 minutes ago, Dorik said:

We probably need to first ascertain which characters can see adequately to be able to retaliate to the attack?

One of the players has cast the spell darkness centered on himself, thus engulfing the majority of us. My character is an elf, but even she can't see in such unnatural darkness. Only those with fiendish blood can, it seems.

On 2/3/2024 at 2:09 PM, Coruja said:

After Aria has moved 35 ft, how far away are the drows?

Um. Right. Math. The barge is 50 feet long. From the prow, 15 feet are covered in darkness. Aria doesn't have to move super far to get out of the darkness, just 10 feet. Moving another 25 feet puts her 5 feet from the aft of the barge. The drow boats are 25 feet long, so she's 30 feet from the drow, who are at the aft of their vessels.

On 2/4/2024 at 12:29 PM, Coruja said:

@DarkAngel Ha! Very funny! I'm just trying to get out of the darkness zone. The way I imagine it, the barge is ambushed from two sides by two drow boats each. One side has been engulfed in darkness with its players and two drow boats. The other side with the remaining two drow boats is clear.

It's this correct, @Acromos ?

This is precisely right, yes.

20 hours ago, Dorik said:

We probably need to first ascertain which characters can see adequately to be able to retaliate to the attack?

Everyone who hasn't actively moved out of the Darkness, is in it.

Panorin discovers that Darkvision doesn't work in magical Darkness - and cannot cast his spell (unless there's something in Panorin's sheet to change this, but I cannot open the link).

There isn't anything to change that; so disregard his attack you cant open the link? try this: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2872388

22 hours ago, Coruja said:

One of the players has cast the spell darkness centered on himself, thus engulfing the majority of us. My character is an elf, but even she can't see in such unnatural darkness. Only those with fiendish blood can, it seems.

Until; my character can see a target he is unable to help repel the attackers he doesn't have fiendish blood nor true-sight either.

3 hours ago, Acromos said:

Um. Right. Math. The barge is 50 feet long. From the prow, 15 feet are covered in darkness. Aria doesn't have to move super far to get out of the darkness, just 10 feet. Moving another 25 feet puts her 5 feet from the aft of the barge. The drow boats are 25 feet long, so she's 30 feet from the drow, who are at the aft of their vessels.

Fantastic! Then they are at range for her daggers! But! I think I'll rain daggers on enemies near the orc, to benefit from the sneak attack feature. However, she's hiding (Wood elf), so she does benefit from against the drow. In think about it and get my post edited today.

I have just read the in character post. It seems we are going round 3 now. Do you mind if I edit round 2 post? I wish to attack the drows.

Edited by Coruja (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Coruja said:

Fantastic! Then they are at range for her daggers! But! I think I'll rain daggers on enemies near the orc, to benefit from the sneak attack feature. However, she's hiding (Wood elf), so she does benefit from against the drow. In think about it and get my post edited today.

I have just read the in character post. It seems we are going round 3 now. Do you mind if I edit round 2 post? I wish to attack the drows.

Any attempt to hide would be against their ability to spot you - so you need to roll for that. Let's say their passive perception is 13.

I think I'm going to go with no retrofitting actions. You wouldn't be the only one, I think, and then it's a whole do-over of the round, and then ... so no. Sorry =)

Alright. I'll keep my hiding action. At least I'm already hidden. I can jump in the loop, considering they do not spot her. Her passive hiding is 18. I'll trust my game.