Out of Character: The Barge

Gris

Just checking, is Kelia inside the darkness, and thus unable to see anything, or would she be able to see the brutes fighting the dwarves?

If she can see the brutes fighting the dwarves, she will aim for one of the brutes.

Alternatively, if she is in the darkness, is there a place she could go that would be out of the darkness, that does not involve getting into the water?

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)

1 hour ago, LDDragon said:

Alternatively, if she is in the darkness, is there a place she could go that would be out of the darkness, that does not involve getting into the water?

yes...

1. to the back of the barge
  2. to the dock on the... left ?
  3. Ahead and over the bow onto the Drow ship... pretty iffy that one

1 hour ago, LDDragon said:

Just checking, is Kelia inside the darkness, and thus unable to see anything, or would she be able to see the brutes fighting the dwarves?

If she can see the brutes fighting the dwarves, she will aim for one of the brutes.

Kelia is not in the Darkness. She can fire at the brutes to the other end of the ship if she likes.

8 minutes ago, DarkAngel said:
  1. to the dock on the... left ?
  2. Ahead and over the bow onto the Drow ship... pretty iffy that one

You left the dock hours ago. And moving to the back of the drow boat would involve moving through combat. There isn't space.

28 minutes ago, DarkAngel said:

Hahaha... I think Arial forgot that... *SPLASH*

'Oh, hey ... don't go in ... the - oh never mind, why do I even bother' mumbled Krgh'âahn, as the black water closed over Arial's head.

1 hour ago, Acromos said:

Kelia is not in the Darkness. She can fire at the brutes to the other end of the ship if she likes.

You left the dock hours ago. And moving to the back of the drow boat would involve moving through combat. There isn't space.

Ok great, thanks for the info!

12 minutes ago, Worm_that_Walks said:

Could I just set their boat moving and leave them to float away in the darkness, none the wiser?

Good question. Yes and no. The darkness is stationary - but relative to what? I'm going to say it's stationary in relation to the barge. So pushing the drow boat away will eventually reveal itself - but it will not be immediately apparent to anyone.

Oh ... FFS, it's not.

Ok, here's the situation that I though I'd described.

Kelia was along with two companions, and a guide named Izzak. Izzak had some bad blood with a drow guide, who was also at the dock. They exchanged insults - then both parties left.

Later, drow ambush the barge. Izzak, who is many things, but primarily a devout coward (or, as he would say it, 'not paid to fight') immediately makes himself scarce - basically by having his riding spider jump to the roof and scuttle off.

Queue fight.

Sorry, my mind is often like that.

3 hours ago, Acromos said:

3 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

Hahaha... I think Arial forgot that... *SPLASH*

2 hours ago, Acromos said:

'Oh, hey ... don't go in ... the - oh never mind, why do I even bother' mumbled Krgh'âahn, as the black water closed over Arial's head.

Lol. There's so much going on that I totally forgot and thought we were still embarking passengers. My bad. Can I edit it? Did she know where does darkness end? Can she make her way to Captain goblin by heart (memory)?

24 minutes ago, Coruja said:

Lol. There's so much going on that I totally forgot and thought we were still embarking passengers. My bad. Can I edit it? Did she know where does darkness end? Can she make her way to Captain goblin by heart (memory)?

Um. We're hours away from the docks. I'd have retrofitted my story to fit what I actually wrote, except then Menthelius would be on the docks - and not, as is the case, on one of the boats.

You can edit it, yea =)

Essentially, there are two boats in front, and two behind. You and the other slaves are fighting the boats in front - while Krgh'âahn and the crew are fighting the ones behind. You're welcome to shift your focus to the other fight, but the slaves in melee with the brutes aren't actually doing super well. I mean, you can't see that, but by the sound of it, let's say.

The Captain is at the other end - not obscured by darkness, just by piles of enemies. Krgh'âahn is in the business of hammering his way in there.

1 hour ago, Acromos said:

The Captain is at the other end - not obscured by darkness, just by piles of enemies. Krgh'âahn is in the business of hammering his way in there.

Okay. I think it's safe to assume I can try and follow Krgh'âahn by the sound he makes. I would probably move, cunning stealth and action still to be discussed. I don't know if I have to roll Perception, or if consumes an action. If I can save the action to attack an enemy as soon as I get out of the darkness, then that's what I'll do.

11 minutes ago, Coruja said:

Okay. I think it's safe to assume I can try and follow Krgh'âahn by the sound he makes. I would probably move, cunning stealth and action still to be discussed. I don't know if I have to roll Perception, or if consumes an action. If I can save the action to attack an enemy as soon as I get out of the darkness, then that's what I'll do.

Moving backwards until you're out of the Darkness is no challenge at all. When you emerge, it's ... hm, 30' to where Krgh'âahn is pummeling some poor brute, raining down heavy blows. The brute is soon battered into the deck, and he turns to a new one. From inside the dogpile, Pashgir is still laughing maniacally. You catch the occasional glint of metal, or spray of blood.

Further back, the other four drow are taking potshots, but Krgh'âahn has what you assume is an annoying habit - to the drow - of batting their arrows out of the air.