Out of Character (Application Questions)

MidnightPoet

4 hours ago, Grudge said:

How late to the party am I, I was looking to try Grim Hollow for a while but just now saw the ad. Any chance to finish the character before the deadline?

I think the deadline is tomorrow, so if you think you can finish up tonight, then I say go for it?

9 minutes ago, astronavigatrix said:

I think the deadline is tomorrow, so if you think you can finish up tonight, then I say go for it?

So literally on the last day eh? 😂 Finish up, yeah because I had a background from the Warewolf game from the Middle Ages that would be pretty easy to adapt, especially if Player's Guide would be allowed so I could choose Clan Member Background since his story is that he is Member of the raiding Clan from the North that got erased in vengeance attack. So he decides to move to the city and join mercenaries, Warewolf he gets infected in the city but here I think it could be on the way to the city so his last Transformation would be finalized by defeating the Alpha of that pack who is his sire. Suitable for the last transformation, killing The Big Bad Wolf and becoming one.

However, I saw many great apps here already and in the month of Pre-Game IC you already made a kind of community. Last minute app would not be up to my standards and I'd also feel like I'm butting in. Anyway, there will be more games, all the best with this one.

On 2/16/2024 at 9:31 PM, MidnightPoet said:
Ouch, a giant grappler in urban fights and close quarters? That sounds monstrous. Honestly, I think most creatures will just treat you like an ogre after seeing what you can do in the first one or two rounds of combat.

Hah, that was my thinking as well. He has the potential to be quite lethal in a way that I'm excited about; he'll take another level or two to really come online, but he seems quite competent already. I usually play casters, so it's been fun to put together someone totally different.

Also, joining the chorus to say that I think I'm ready for review, now that I have some NPCs up.

It's been a busy week for me, prepping for the new semester and the travel. Anyway, I am going to spend the weekend looking over the applications one last time. Feel free to keep posting in the IC thread.

Also, please remember that the Backgrounds include your choice of 1 Talent from the list.

You will have an opportunity to adjust your character sheets before we begin, so there's no particular rush if you're uncertain of a spell or talent choice. I will ask you to have a character sheet ready to go by Monday though.

If you are still working on applications, please finish them by tomorrow if you want to be considered.

Edited by MidnightPoet (see edit history)

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but it is related to my application, so I guess no harm in asking. How do I set a fixed length for my tables so they don't look like this:

show image

Hide thisimage.png

I tried setting table width, but it does not seem to work. I can put them in the one big table, but I think there is supposed to be more elegant way to do it. Wham am I missing (haven't been around since the days of the OG MW).

Edited by Falon (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Falon said:

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but it is related to my application, so I guess no harm in asking. How do I set a fixed length for my tables so they don't look like this:

show image

Hide thisimage.png

I tried setting table width, but it does not seem to work. I can put them in the one big table, but I think there is supposed to be more elegant way to do it. Wham am I missing (haven't been around since the days of the OG MW).

You'll have to add in some CSS for things like that

In the Source

<table style="width:100%" 

might work

This really was a hard decision. I was stuck choosing between 11 solid applications, and ended up choosing 5. Congratulations:

@Inquisitor D Irata Zabito

@BobtheWizard C'ai "Sparrow" Alwen

@Harding Zefelle Copperspark

@rauhric Zorjana Ekaterine Teodozja

@Rayth Calder Ivarson

Edited by MidnightPoet (see edit history)