Team 1: OOC Discussion

PureChance

Thought I'd start this thread to mirror the Team 2 forum. We seem to have here then

Character Player  
Loxley the Fox - Half-elf Bard @OneMoreGamer Bag of Holding
Tseren ?MacDonald - Human Barbarian, Cook @RedRajah Boots of the Winterlands
Arden MacDonald - Human Monk, Innkeeper @crimsonjoe Winged Boots
Wilovar Haften - Half-elf Cleric, Merchant @PureChance  
Elrod Dragonskin - Dragonborn Warlock, Jeweller @KingGoblin Broom of Flying
Daermiir Benhiln - Dwarven Ranger @Primeval Stasis  
Clay Dust [Claiborne Barleydust] - Human Ranger, Graverobber/Deserter @Moturnach Gloves of Thievery
Norman Dee [Daigneault Dalrymple] - Human Rogue/Fighter, Surveyor @Passione  

Under the new naming convention, we're still no closer forward to a shared name, though between KingGoblin and crimsonjoe we've two suggestions with crimson in them, so I guess we're Crimson Squad?

Aside from Primeval Stasis who said they were busy till the end of the month, I think we're all ready to kick off at end of the week!

Wilovar needs to choose a magic item (of which I'm open to suggestions, currently on the list is a Decanter of Endless Water, Bag of Tricks, Sentinel Shield (probably the most mechanically impactful), Deck of Illusions, Eversmoking Bottle or Robe of Useful Items, Dust of Disappearance (probably the least beneficial since it's single use, but I like the idea of a whole wagon suddenly disappearing!)

I believe so far Tseren has some Boots of the Winterlands, Arden has Winged Boots (clearly this couple has been to Jimmy Choo's),

If others are having a hard time, I could offer the following suggestions?

• Daigneault - not sure, if he's an archer the bracers of archery offer a nice generic damage boost except not to crossbows it seems. ?Weapon of Warning ?Ring of Mind Shielding - he seems jumpy and secretive maybe?
  • Daermiir - not sure, ring of Mind Shielding given the secrets he's hiding? Eyes of the Eagle for wilderness scouting purposes? Cloak or Boots of Elvenkind? Gloves of Swimming and Climbing?
Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

Just a heads up, Team 1, my partner and I have some big projects at our house this weekend so I won't be checking here very often. I'm excited to get this rolling with you all and I love what you've been doing in the IC chat. I know it was chaotic, but you all handled it exceptionally, even those of you who only have one post :)
I think the plan is to get you to "training" or out on your first mission late next week so y'all can finish up tweaking skills, items, etc.

Edited by scootloops (see edit history)

Im fine with any option. Personally i feel like gloves should be more useful for team because if i correctly remember Rangers have some sort of non-detection by itself, so its ain't that necessary unless someone have a better suggestion cause im pretty much open to any options.

Also I simply have no idea which item will be useful and why.

Edited by Moturnach (see edit history)

Clay, as a ranger you might be interested in one of these items :

Gauntlets Of Ogre Power

Your Strength score is 19 while you wear these gauntlets. They have no effect on you if your Strength is already 19 or higher.

Bracers Of Archery

While wearing these bracers, you have proficiency with the longbow and shortbow, and you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls on ranged attacks made with such weapons.

Boots Of Elvenkind

While you wear these boots, your steps make no sound, regardless of the surface you are moving across. You also have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks that rely on moving silently.

Personally, I am thinking practical with a bag of holding. If we do set the wagon up like a traveling tavern, it would be a good place to store kegs of ale, cooking utensils, etc. Plus, ya know, loot.

Also in a similar vein to the boots there's also the

Cloak of Elvenkind

Wondrous item, uncommon (requires attunement)

While you wear this cloak with its hood up, Wisdom (Perception) checks made to see you have disadvantage. and you have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks made to hide, as the cloak's color shifts to camouflage you. Pulling the hood up or down requires an action.

Bag of holding is always generically useful.

I was mostly kidding about the wagon being a travelling tavern, but did genuinely think we could add some brewers tools for Arden's roleplay purposes, and I don't see why we wouldn't choose to have decent food over rations given the choice (again from an RP point of view) - let's crimsonjoe and redrajah have some chance to show off proficiencies that otherwise might not get used often. I imagined the wagon coming between villages, but probably not too far off the beaten track, and using whatever handwaving mechanics scootloops wishes for the trading (don't actually want to play accountants and actuaries, not occupy excessive screen time doing so).

Going to need a team name as well... Is Crimson Squad good? (I'm fine with it, but given my username, it's going to inflate my ego...)

Bard, Merchant, Jeweler, Innkeeper, Cook... if we fail as adventurers maybe we should set up our own town :)

Seems like we have a good group- looking forward to working with everyone!

10 hours ago, PureChance said:

I was mostly kidding about the wagon being a travelling tavern, but did genuinely think we could add some brewers tools for Arden's roleplay purposes, and I don't see why we wouldn't choose to have decent food over rations given the choice (again from an RP point of view) - let's crimsonjoe and redrajah have some chance to show off proficiencies that otherwise might not get used often. I imagined the wagon coming between villages, but probably not too far off the beaten track, and using whatever handwaving mechanics scootloops wishes for the trading (don't actually want to play accountants and actuaries, not occupy excessive screen time doing so).

Add up a something weird pulling the wagon like giant snail, and you got the right vibe)))

So many choices>_>

Probably ill gonna go with Gloves cause i feel like picking up locks and disarming traps might be more useful + i like it. Maybe not as useful, yet i feel like it might be useful.

....unless i can make pocket horse with Bag of Holding or something))

19 minutes ago, RedRajah said:

Tseren will not sneeze if anyone wants to Aid Another her if/when she needs to set snares to catch dinner or enemies!

2 trappers - 2x more efficiency indeed)))

7 hours ago, RedRajah said:

I'm partial to "Those Guys Over There".

ETA: On a more serious note, Tseren would be a proponent of us "properly" earning a moniker for the troop.

So can we go by Nameless Squad until we earn a moniker?

“Nameless, form up!”