Team 1: OOC Discussion

PureChance

5 minutes ago, PureChance said:

@scootloopsI wasn't sure whether Will save meant Wis or Cha save, but since they're the same for Wil I just rolled anyway. Whatever save, the raw number was high enough it turns out.

Hope it's clear what he's doing (sending the "perfect illusion" from invoke duplicity out instead of him, to bait whatever is singing into revealing itself).

Ack your right! I've been playing to much starfinder/pathfinder. Yes its a Wis save! thanks.

Been having a weird internet time of things past couple of days. Got it fixed so I can get the map and initiative and everything ready today. I’ll post the link with the IC post I’ll be making.

9 hours ago, KingGoblin said:

Sounds good. Should we post waking up, or just wait for initiative first?

You can definitely post waking up, Wilovar and Loxley had time to wake everyone before the fight starts

Please don't forget to set up on tableplop! All you need is to register and create a token. We don't need to worry about the stats since we have that all here on MW. Once you're in the campaign, i'll add you to the scene and you can set your tokens for first placement. Ideally near the tents, but if you have a good reason for otherwise I'm all ears.

Edited by scootloops (see edit history)

Since 5e isn't exactly forthcoming about this, I'll use this set loosely based on PF/SF/DND 3.5
Time: Bonus action
DC: 10+Creature Challenge Rating(CR) rounded down.
Skill: see table

Knowledge by Creature Type
Aberration Beast Celestial Construct Dragon Elemental Fey Fiend Giant Humanoid Monstrosity Ooze Plant Undead Legendary
Arcana Nature Arcana Arcana Arcana Arcana Nature Arcana Nature History Arcana Nature Nature Religion Known Type
or History

Additionally, It might be worth your whiles to ask around about creatures and books of the locals. Taborlin, Commander Arran, and Yezar all might be a good sources to start with in the beginning. As we get farther along, i'll place books and other means to learn about the area. Keep in mind, some knowledge might be dubious (but knowing that might require an additional check)

Somewhere in the world will be a copy of Volo's Guide to Monsters, which would basically eliminate the need to make roll checks on everything except unique or legendary creatures.

17 minutes ago, PureChance said:

Fab. I guess my only followup question would be what creatures are common enough knowledge and wouldn't require a check.

That is a great question and I have not considered it yet. But my gut says anything your PC might reasonably have read about or encountered in their lifetime, and feel free to argue that point.

Also, which category do you want to learn about for the Harpies? Just add to your IC post which it is and i'll respond there

Edited by scootloops (see edit history)