Jade Talons: In Character : Chapter 1 - Mosswood

Aspekt

spacer.pngKagami Saya

Oni-blooded Ronin

AC: 14 (Unarmored, CON) | HP: 25/25 (2d12+6) | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 9, Insight 9 Investigation 10. Darkvision 60ft.
Str: 19[14] (+4) | Dex: 12 (+1) | Con: 17 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 8 (-1) | Cha: 14 (+2)
Languages: Common, Infernal, Celestial, Kozakuran

Back Then - Travel Tales!

“These frontier villages remind me of some of the places back home…in the wilds between the larger towns and cities, are many who dwell in small rural villages or singular inns and houses.” Kagami’s voice lowered as her eyes lit up in a firery glow that contrasted with the dimming of the campfire, both answering the call of her Oni blood and the love of theatrics. “…there are many reasons to live in such areas…it’s away from the eyes of the local Daimyo-lords and their laws, perfect for outlaws and individualists…others seek a hidden refuge from the skirmishes and warfare that flares up from time to time between the Great Clans…and others, just for the quiet contemplation to commune with the natural world and the Kami that dwell there.”

The fire dimmed to almost just the embers and Saya’s voice became an audible whisper. “However…one should always be wary when visiting such domains…as those who dwell too long in the wilds run the risk of loosing themselves to it…

”Back when I was a mere scout under my father’s banner, a small team and myself were tasked with reconnoitring the flanks of a rival clan’s holdings. To do so, we trekked far into the thickets of a bamboo forest to sneak past the border patrols…a task that took days. One day, while I was out hunting and separated from my compatriots, I stumbled upon a small monastery, run by a group of monks who invited me in for an afternoon tea and dinner. Figuring that I could perhaps trade for provisions, I accepted and joined the monks in their tearoom…”

The Ronin’s eyes flared up again as the faint sound of rolling thunder filled the camp with a dread ambience. “…a foolish mistake of a still inexperienced youth. So enthralled was I by the monastery’s facade of serenity and the monks visage of hospitality, that I ignored the faint smell of blood and decay on the air…after but a single sip of tea, I awoke later that evening to find myself stripped of my armour and weapons, my hands tied and feet bound, and laying upon the long communal dinner table. The silver moonlight cast down through the windows and revealed the truth decrepit form of the monks…

”…Gone were the charming countenance and soft calm voices…their forms were twisted, hunched, and their smiles were maliciously feral and filled with broken jagged teeth…their eyes sunken back into their skulls and their skin stretched tight across their gangly bodies. Their arms and fingers were lengthened and their nails extended out akin to razor sharp claws…once, long ago, they were perhaps truly serene and gentle monks like their day-time disguise…but being so removed from the civilized world, from the company of others, they had descended into madness and become feral cannibals…you might, in your common tongue, refer to them as living ghouls…though the more accurate word, is rather blasphemous in my native language so I dare not utter it here, amongst the wilds that spawn such things.”

Saya leaned back away from the fire as her eyes dimmed back to pools of obsidian and the fire returned to normal, bringing it’s welcoming and warm light back to the campsite.

“How did I escape such foul creatures and dire straits?” The Oniblood mused, offering a mischievous fang- and tusk-filled grin. “That is a tale of action and heroics…and also a tale for another night.”

Here and Now - The Hamlet

While the others spread out from the cart and questioned the locals, Kagami Saya stayed on the cart…watching both their animals and provisions, as well as peering out warily at the tree line.

If there was a dangerous threat awaiting them ahead in Mosswood, there was a chance it could decide to make it’s way to more populated places…especially if it was something stirred by the previous team and it decided to see where the intruders on it’s domain had travelled from.

Her mixed nature sometimes gave her paranoid insight like this. She was after all, part monster…and the same dark urges she struggled with from her tainted blood, also made it easier to slip into the mindset of the inhuman…a valuable point of view, as long as she only visited such dark recesses of her mind and didn’t dwell there for long.

Besides, past experiences with certain pitchfork wielding misinformed yokels informed her that perhaps she was better staying with the cart and limiting her engagement with the local peasantry, if it could be helped…If they needed to put the fear of the Kami into someone or lay someone low with sword or tetsubo, her newest bunch of compatriots knew where to find her.

OOC

Action: - When she was telling her story, she mixed in uses of her Thaumaturgy cantrip to produce those lighting and sound effects…she’s still a daimyo’s daughter at heart, complete with a love of well-timed theatrics.

Bonus Action: -

Movement: -

Reaction: -

Object Interaction: -

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Unarmed. Melee Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 bludgeoning damage.

Katana. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d10+4 slashing damage. 2-Handed, Versatile (1-handed 1d8+2 slashing)

Wakizashi. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6+4 slashing damage. 1-Handed, Light, Finesse

Tanto. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4+4 piercing damage. Light, Finesse, Thrown (20/60ft)

Tetsubo. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2d6+4 bludgeoning damage. 2-Handed, Heavy

Naginata. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 1d10+4 slashing/piercing damage. 2-Handed, Heavy, Reach

Yumi. Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, ranged 150/600 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 1 piercing damage. 2-Handed, Ammo (Arrows x20)

Thaumaturgy. Cantrip: Produces various minor effects.

Bonus Actions:

Rage (2/LR). Lasts up to 1 minute, during which Saya gains resistance to all physical (bludgeoning, piercing, slashing) damage, +2 to damage with Strength-based melee weapons, and advantage on Strength Saves and Ability Checks.

Reactions:

-

Class Features:

Danger Sense. Saya has advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that she can see, such as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, Saya can't be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.

Reckless Attack. When Saya makes her first attack on her turn, she can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives her advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against her have advantage until her next turn.

Attunement: 1/3 Slots

Tekkō of Oni Power. While attuned to these gauntlets, Saya’s strength score is set at 19 instead of 14. (Included in stats).

spacer.pngSarah Heart

Variant Human Hunter Ranger 2 | Coins 99 gp 5 sp 3 cp
HP 20/20 | AC 15 | Init +3 | PP 14 | Speed 30 ft | DV 0 ft
Hand Crossbow A:+7 D:1d6+3 piercing T:ammunition 40 (30/120 ft.), light, loading
Rapier A:+5 D:1d8+3 piercing T:finesse Whip A:+5 D:1d4+3 slashing T:finesse, reach
Inspiration 0d6 | Spells 1 ■■ | Cart cart, 2 mules, 2 barrels of water, 6 gallons of ale, 1 bottle of common wine, 10 hunk of cheese, 3 two-person tent, 20 day animal feed.

Sarah walked up to the woman in a non-threatening manner and placed a gentle hand on her torso. "I'm Sarah Heart, from the Saint Lady Heart Abbey. I do trust you." Every person needs someone, anyone to trust them. Else they might lose it themselves. "It's best to assume there's something really evil in the woods nearby Mosswood. Thank you, Lady Hanna, for sharing your story."

Name
Arcana
1d20+1 7
Insight
1d20+4 3

hunter-small.png.0b79cc2c82e1a9ee0a013cb005c59b93.pngEira Fjelldis Human Druid 2

Hp: 17/17 | Ac: 15 | Init: +2 | Perception: 15 | Insight: 15 | Investigation: 11
STRSave: -1
Athletics: -1
8, DEXSave: +2
Acrobatics +2
Slight of Hand +2
Stealth +2
14, CONSave: +2 14, INTSave: +3
Arcane +1
History +1
Investigation +1
Nature +1
Religion +1
12, WISSave: +5
Animal Handling +5
Insight +5
Perception +5
Medicine +3
Survival +5
16, CHASave: +0
Deception +0
Intimidation +0
Performance +0
Persuasion +0

As the others fan out, Kagami and Eira wait by the cart, Eira looks about, trying to spot a local animal that perhaps would shed light on the proceedings. She reaches into her backpack and pulls out some dried meat, grain, and grass seeds. "I will be a few moments, I go talk to the locals" With that she heads off in search of a local animal, be that dog, cat, horse or herd animal, invoking the spirits to aid her tongue and give her beast speech

OOC

Cast Speak with Animal, when I find a creature that might know more, offer them food, goodberry, rations, etc. to get them to tell me about this area and what has happened here, that is unusual or odd

Tevis Longfellow - Human Warlock

AC: 13 | HP: 15/15 | Saves: Str +0, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +1, Cha +5 | Passive Perception: 9 | Passive Insight: 9 | Init: +2 | Spell Slots: 2/2

Tevis pulled a long leather strap from his pack, then wrapped it around the logs a couple times. He then twisted the ends of the strap around his hands and hefted the logs over his shoulders. This helped him move the weight just from his arms and distribute it more over his body, so he was better able to carry it. And they said I was wasting time with books instead of developing my strength. He carried them to the woodpile, and properly organized them, returning the leather strap to his backpack.

Once he returned to listen to Hanna tell her tale, he pondered her words a moment, his eyes narrowing slightly when she mentioned the stranger needing to 'kill the being'. He couldn't help but wonder if this man was a servant of one of his master's rivals - particularly based on the description of people dissolving into black mist. He'd read a text back in the Temple of Oghma that mentioned certain forms of demonic magic capable of doing this. Hanna herself seemed quite all there. At her age, living on her own and clearly showing no signs of decline, she firmly believed what she was saying, and there was no reason to doubt her competency. "I believe you, as well. I may be better read than those who came through previously, and I have seen mention of such magic in texts. Thank you, Mistress, for sharing your story with us. Hopefully we can avoid the same fate."

OOC

Athletics

Arcana

Insight

Tevis works smarter, not harder, to pass that Athletics check.

Edited by Phntm888 (see edit history)
Name
Athletics
1d20 16
Arcana
1d20+4 14
Insight
1d20-1 20

Samus was more than happy to let the others do the talking, especially to this one. She reminded Sam of Old Mags back at the orphanage, and it was not a pleasant memory. But he did listen intently to what the old hag had to say. Her story was rather interesting. But what surprised Sam most was that he believed her. And what little he knew about magic, that seems like some pretty powerful stuff.

What have I gotten myself into, he wondered as he made his way back outside.

samus_avitar.png.65f64cf0e7a42f2976c37f70c80422a3.png
Samus Fletcher
Rogue (1) / Sorcerer (1)

AC: 13 | HP: 10/10Init: +3 | PP: 14 | Speed: 25
Spell Slots: 1st 2 | Spell Attack: +4 | Spell DC: 12

Mechanics

ACTION

Action and important info goes here

BONUS ACTION

Bonus action and details go here

MOVE ACTION

Where you going?

MANIPULATION

Free item interaction here

Inventory

Common clothes (3 lbs)
Short Sword (2 lbs)
Shortbow (2 lbs)

Quiver (1 lb)
- 20x arrows (1 lb)

Bandolier (6.5 lbs)
- Pipe & pipeweed (1 lb)
- Thieves' Tools (1 lb)
- 2x Oil flasks (2 lbs)
- 2x Dagger (2 lbs)

Bag of Holding (15 lbs)
- Bedroll (7 lbs)
- 7x Rations (14 lbs)
- Waterskin (5 lbs)
- Fishing tackle (4 lbs)
- Scroll case (1 lb)
- Grappling hook (4 lbs)
- 2x Silk rope (50', 10 lbs)
- Mess kit (1 lb)
- 4x Oil flask (4)
- Deck of cards

- 20x arrows

Encumbrance
Weight: 30.5 lbs
Penalty: none

Spells

Ability CHA
Save DC 12
Attack +4

0 Cantrips

Mage Hand
Produce Flame
Minor Illusion
Shocking Grasp

1st Level Spells (2/2)

Disguise Self
Mage Armor

Edited by BigLee (see edit history)
Name
Arcane
1d20+1 19
Insight
1d20+2 20

sherrin_token.png.6e2c433d1ef85e747c8483af0cfbd733.pngSherrin — Human Rogue 2 

AC:
HP:
Speed:

17/17
40 ft.

Strength:
Dexterity:
Constitution:

(+1)
(+3)
(+2)

Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Charisma:

(-1)
(+2)
(+0)

Languages
Combat Proficiencies
Tool Proficiencies

Sherrin unconsciously rolls her eyes when Hanna tells them about Mosswood. She'd heard a lot of good stories over the last few days, but this one was the least believable. There's no way a whole crowd of people could just disappear into smoke!

In a meager attempt not to be rude, Sherrin says, "Thanks," to Hanna before abruptly leaving the shack, following Samus.

I can see why our predecessors didn't believe this lady, Sherrin thinks. She has clearly made all this up, either to cope with whatever really happened to her village or, more likely, just for attention.

OOC

Arcana 4
Insight 8

Actions

Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Item Interaction:

Stat Block

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2876702]Sherrin[/url][/b] [i]Human (Variant) Rogue 2 CN[/i] [b]AC[/b] 15 [b]HP[/b] 17 [b]Speed[/b] 40ft [b]Str[/b] 12 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 16 (3) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 14 (2) [b]Int[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0) [b]Attacks[/b] [b]Shortsword (Pierce/5 ft.)[/b] +5 1d6+3 [b]Dagger (Pierce/5 ft./20 ft.(60 ft.))[/b] +5 1d4+3 [b]Dart (Pierce/20 ft.(60ft.))[/b] +5 1d4+3 [b][/b] [b][/b] Rogue Features: Sneak Attack: 1d6 -- PHB, pg. 96 Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack with a finesse or ranged weapon if you have advantage on the attack roll. You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 ft. of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll. Cunning Action: Starting at 2nd level, your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action. Expertise -- Sleight of Hand, Perception Racial Traits: Feat: Mobile PHB, pg. 168 Your speed increases by 10 feet. When you use the Dash action, difficult terrain doesn't cost you extra movement on that turn. When you make a melee attack against a creature, you don't provoke opportunity attacks from that creature for the rest of the turn, whether you hit or not. Background: Criminal / Spy Feature: Criminal Contact You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison to a network of other criminals. You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances; specifically, you know the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can deliver messages for you.
Sherrin
Human (Variant) Rogue 2 CN

AC 15 HP 17 Speed 40ft

Str 12 (1) Dex 16 (3) Con 14 (2) Wis 14 (2) Int 8 (-1) Cha 10 (0)

Attacks
Shortsword (Pierce/5 ft.) +5 1d6+3
Dagger (Pierce/5 ft./20 ft.(60 ft.)) +5 1d4+3
Dart (Pierce/20 ft.(60ft.)) +5 1d4+3

Rogue Features:
Sneak Attack: 1d6 -- PHB, pg. 96
Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack with a finesse or ranged weapon if you have advantage on the attack roll. You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 ft. of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.
Cunning Action: Starting at 2nd level, your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.
Expertise -- Sleight of Hand, Perception

Racial Traits:
Feat: Mobile PHB, pg. 168
Your speed increases by 10 feet. When you use the Dash action, difficult terrain doesn't cost you extra movement on that turn. When you make a melee attack against a creature, you don't provoke opportunity attacks from that creature for the rest of the turn, whether you hit or not.

Background:
Criminal / Spy
Feature: Criminal Contact
You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison to a network of other criminals. You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances; specifically, you know the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can deliver messages for you.

Inventory

Gp: 14 Sp: 7 Cp: 9

Equipped:

Slippers of Spider Climbing
Traveler's Clothes
Crowbar
Dagger (2)
Dart (20)
Shortsword
Signal Whistle
Studded Leather Armor
Thieves' Tools

Backpack:

Acid (1 vial)
Ball Bearings (bag of 1000)
Bedroll
Bell
Caltrops (10 bags of 20)
Candle (5)
Chalk (10 pieces)
Grappling Hook
Hammer
Hooded Lantern
Mess Kit
Oil (7 flasks)
Piton (10)
Rations (10 days)
Sack
Scroll/Map Case
Silk Rope (50 ft.)
String (10 ft.)
Tinderbox
Waterskin

Mule:

Bit and Bridle
Feed* (20 days)
Pack Saddle
Portable Ram

Saddlebags:

Blanket
Common Clothes (dark with hood)
Forgery Kit
Hempen Rope (50 ft.)
Manacles
Perfume (1 vial)
Playing Card Set
Soap
Shovel
Whetstone

Edited by morgan_ (see edit history)
Name
Arcana
1d20-1 5
Insight
1d20+2 6

Eira

You head off into town in search of an animal who might be more forthcoming than the people you saw. An open barn door interests you, and inside the air is warm with the smell of hay and horses. An older workhorse, his muzzle grey with age, is standing in a stall eating lazily.

You cast the spell and feel it take effect, and greet the older horse.

His dark eyes get wide, and he looks you over carefully, and then he speaks. "Well I'll be damned. You speak horse! I never thought any of you two-legs would take the time to learn it, but I'm glad you did. Where did you learn to speak horse so well? Your accent is almost perfect."

He takes a cautious step back out of his stall, and makes a low bow to you.

"Excuse me, where are my manners? I am called Dapple. And you are?..."

Saya

While the others head off to talk to the villagers, you keep a sharp-eyed watch from the driving seat of the wagon. Crickets softly chirp in the mid-afternoon heat, and the sun is still and hour away from falling behind the tall nearby trees.

You see them before they even start towards you. And you hear their whispered voices from around the corner.

"Double dog dare, you won't touch it!"
"Will too!!"

"Chicken!!"

And then, cautiously, a young girl makes her way from behind a nearby shed and along the fence line that separates the roadway the wagon is sitting on from a nearby field. She's only maybe 8 or 9 years old, a young human girl dressed in rough clothes. But she's clean and well cared for. From behind the shed, two more heads pop out as they watch "stealthily" as the girl makes her way towards the wagon. Somehow, the girl is looking everywhere except to you, and you can track her out of the corner of your eye. It seems like unless you do something, she's going to try to sneak right up to the cart.

hunter-small.png.0b79cc2c82e1a9ee0a013cb005c59b93.pngEira Fjelldis Human Druid 2

Hp: 17/17 | Ac: 15 | Init: +2 | Perception: 15 | Insight: 15 | Investigation: 11
STRSave: -1
Athletics: -1
8, DEXSave: +2
Acrobatics +2
Slight of Hand +2
Stealth +2
14, CONSave: +2 14, INTSave: +3
Arcane +1
History +1
Investigation +1
Nature +1
Religion +1
12, WISSave: +5
Animal Handling +5
Insight +5
Perception +5
Medicine +3
Survival +5
16, CHASave: +0
Deception +0
Intimidation +0
Performance +0
Persuasion +0

"I am Eira from the Mountains, the spirits aid me in my speech, It is lovely to meet you Dapple. I have come to see your wisdom and your keen hearing and sight. I will gladly share my goodberries with you, for any wisdom and knowledge you can tell me, kind sir Dapple." she gently offers her open palm upwards holding some of the berries

"Please tell me any strange goings-on in the area you have seen or heard. We seek friends that passed this way, some two legs" Eira gives a disruption as best she can to Dapple of the other Silverhalks "I would be keen to know all the strange things that have happened these past few moons if you have the time?"

spacer.pngKagami Saya

Oni-blooded Ronin

AC: 14 (Unarmored, CON) | HP: 25/25 (2d12+6) | HD: 2/2 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 9, Insight 9 Investigation 10. Darkvision 60ft.
Str: 19[14] (+4) | Dex: 12 (+1) | Con: 17 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 8 (-1) | Cha: 14 (+2)
Languages: Common, Infernal, Celestial, Kozakuran

Saya allowed herself a small grin at the scene she was observing…she and her cart had become an impromptu “test of courage”, a children’s game she had played herself as a child, with her brothers…sneaking up to touch a visiting and intimidating Samurai’s set of armour, spending a night in a “haunted” section of the palace grounds, jumping off of a watermill roof and into the river below…

It was actually on one such challenge that Saya had discovered the trickery abilities granted to her by her Oni blood…it turned out that the haunted room she and her siblings had snuck into was haunted by nothing less then her own subconscious will manifesting in reality…and it was on other tests of courage, telling ghosts stories to her brothers, that she finally got a hand on her powers enough to add the dramatic flare she now used as an entertaining palour trick.

The Ronin let out a quiet sigh and turned her head back to the present…there was a little girl approaching her wagon and sentinel post…part of her wanted to just ignore it and let the girl have this small win…and part of her was tempted to apply a little Oni trickery and shadow play to absolutely scare the crap out of the girl for her brazenness in thinking that she might get one over on her.

She didn’t quite know if that last part was just the Oni-tainted blood talking, or what remained of her warrior’s pride as a (former) Samurai…either way, it probably wouldn’t fly with the older and more cagey locals.

There is always a third way…a middle path of moderation, as a temple monk back home had once said to her.

She would wait…and allow the girl the chance to show her mettle…then she (Saya) would test it, like a newly forged blade…

…minus the bodies of criminals or livestock…that metaphor had gotten away from her somewhat…

OOC

Action: - Hiding by quietly leaning back into the cart, so that Saya can then pop up on the side that the girl touches with a “Konichiwa, aren’t we a bold and brave soul?” and a wide grin. Stealth

Bonus Action: -

Movement: -

Reaction: -

Object Interaction: -

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Unarmed. Melee Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 bludgeoning damage.

Katana. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d10+4 slashing damage. 2-Handed, Versatile (1-handed 1d8+2 slashing)

Wakizashi. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6+4 slashing damage. 1-Handed, Light, Finesse

Tanto. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4+4 piercing damage. Light, Finesse, Thrown (20/60ft)

Tetsubo. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2d6+4 bludgeoning damage. 2-Handed, Heavy

Naginata. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 1d10+4 slashing/piercing damage. 2-Handed, Heavy, Reach

Yumi. Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, ranged 150/600 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 1 piercing damage. 2-Handed, Ammo (Arrows x20)

Thaumaturgy. Cantrip: Produces various minor effects.

Bonus Actions:

Rage (2/LR). Lasts up to 1 minute, during which Saya gains resistance to all physical (bludgeoning, piercing, slashing) damage, +2 to damage with Strength-based melee weapons, and advantage on Strength Saves and Ability Checks.

Reactions:

-

Class Features:

Danger Sense. Saya has advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that she can see, such as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, Saya can't be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.

Reckless Attack. When Saya makes her first attack on her turn, she can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives her advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against her have advantage until her next turn.

Attunement: 1/3 Slots

Tekkō of Oni Power. While attuned to these gauntlets, Saya’s strength score is set at 19 instead of 14. (Included in stats).

Name
Stealth
1d20+3 1

Eira & Dapple

"Oh wow," *munching noises* "These are delicious!" Dapple says as he happily eats the gooseberries out of Eira's hand. "Where did you find those! I could use some more of that instead of this hay..."

Dapple listens carefully to the description of the three previous members of the Hawks that had passed through.

"Oh yes, they were here. Didn't stay long, but the horse they had with them was kind, she told me about the goings on back in the big city." You take this to mean Keri's Crossing. "It was a shame she had to go so soon, we don't often get company out here. Anyways, as to strange things going on... I wouldn't recommend spending much time out in the woods after dark, unless you're looking for trouble. There was a kind milk cow who used to live in this barn, but she wandered out one night when they left the gate open. I could hear her yelling for help out in the forest in the night, and she hasn't been back since, I can only imagine the worst has happened to her."

"As far as the people in town here, they're kind enough. It's hard work, but it's honest work. I pull the plow, help move goods into town now and then, the regular."

Sam walked back outside and tried to stretch the stiffness out of his legs from the long ride. Looking out to the woods, he tried to imagine what could possibly be taking the livestock and making people vanish. He found no answers there, but he did see Saya in the wagon. Why is she laying back like that, he wondered. Just then, he noticed a little girl walking along the fence line toward their cart.

He'd seen that look far too often as a child. Sneaking around where you didn't belong was Sam's favorite pastime as a boy. His first instinct was to go defend what was his, or at least what was theirs. He decided instead to let her continue on her quest and see what she hoped to accomplish by her feat of bravery. And if she does try to take something, he imagined Saya would scare her more than he could.

Just the same, Samus steps aside to get out of sight as best he can, while he watches to see if the girl is brave enough to make it all the way to the cart.

samus_avitar.png.65f64cf0e7a42f2976c37f70c80422a3.png
Samus Fletcher
Rogue (1) / Sorcerer (1)

OOCI can roll if necessary to see the girl. I don't think this will turn into a major encounter though :) AC: 13 | HP: 10/10Init: +3 | PP: 14 | Speed: 25
Spell Slots: 1st 2 | Spell Attack: +4 | Spell DC: 12

Mechanics

ACTION

Action and important info goes here

BONUS ACTION

Bonus action and details go here

MOVE ACTION

Where you going?

MANIPULATION

Free item interaction here

Inventory

Common clothes (3 lbs)
Short Sword (2 lbs)
Shortbow (2 lbs)

Quiver (1 lb)
- 20x arrows (1 lb)

Bandolier (6.5 lbs)
- Pipe & pipeweed (1 lb)
- Thieves' Tools (1 lb)
- 2x Oil flasks (2 lbs)
- 2x Dagger (2 lbs)

Bag of Holding (15 lbs)
- Bedroll (7 lbs)
- 7x Rations (14 lbs)
- Waterskin (5 lbs)
- Fishing tackle (4 lbs)
- Scroll case (1 lb)
- Grappling hook (4 lbs)
- 2x Silk rope (50', 10 lbs)
- Mess kit (1 lb)
- 4x Oil flask (4)
- Deck of cards

- 20x arrows

Encumbrance
Weight: 30.5 lbs
Penalty: none

Spells

Ability CHA
Save DC 12
Attack +4

0 Cantrips

Mage Hand
Produce Flame
Minor Illusion
Shocking Grasp

1st Level Spells (2/2)

Disguise Self
Mage Armor

Edited by BigLee (see edit history)

spacer.pngSarah Heart

Variant Human Hunter Ranger 2 | Coins 99 gp 5 sp 3 cp
HP 20/20 | AC 15 | Init +3 | PP 14 | Speed 30 ft | DV 0 ft
Hand Crossbow A:+7 D:1d6+3 piercing T:ammunition 40 (30/120 ft.), light, loading
Rapier A:+5 D:1d8+3 piercing T:finesse Whip A:+5 D:1d4+3 slashing T:finesse, reach
Inspiration 0d6 | Spells 1 ■■ | Cart cart, 2 mules, 2 barrels of water, 6 gallons of ale, 1 bottle of common wine, 10 hunk of cheese, 3 two-person tent, 20 day animal feed.

With that resolved, it was time to leave Hanna to herself again. Nobody would adopt or be adopted by her. "Thank you for sharing, Lady Hanna. This will prove useful to us in our quest." She looked at her mates, checking if they were done there too. "We should reunite with everyone, share our bits and pieces and define our next goal."

Leaving Hanna, they would return to the cart, probably. She would call out to remaining party members so they could assemble, share and decide what to do next. They could go after the beast in the woods; they could go after the bandits in the mines; or they could just take some time to rest and prepare for tomorrow morning and leave for Mosswood.

@Aspekt I'm not sure why our part didn't get an update, but it's been over a week since my last post. I'll try to move it forward. If you had something in mind, please dismiss half of this post.

sherrin_token.png.6e2c433d1ef85e747c8483af0cfbd733.pngSherrin — Human Rogue 2 

AC:
HP:
Speed:

17/17
40 ft.

Strength:
Dexterity:
Constitution:

(+1)
(+3)
(+2)

Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Charisma:

(-1)
(+2)
(+0)

Languages
Combat Proficiencies
Tool Proficiencies

Sherrin walks back towards the cart with Sarah and the others. "Did you believe any of the stuff Hanna said?" she asks. "I personally did not."

Once the party members assemble, Sherrin would vote for resting in the hamlet overnight and leaving for Mosswood in the morning.

Actions

Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Item Interaction:

Stat Block

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2876702]Sherrin[/url][/b] [i]Human (Variant) Rogue 2 CN[/i] [b]AC[/b] 15 [b]HP[/b] 17 [b]Speed[/b] 40ft [b]Str[/b] 12 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 16 (3) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 14 (2) [b]Int[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0) [b]Attacks[/b] [b]Shortsword (Pierce/5 ft.)[/b] +5 1d6+3 [b]Dagger (Pierce/5 ft./20 ft.(60 ft.))[/b] +5 1d4+3 [b]Dart (Pierce/20 ft.(60ft.))[/b] +5 1d4+3 [b][/b] [b][/b] Rogue Features: Sneak Attack: 1d6 -- PHB, pg. 96 Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack with a finesse or ranged weapon if you have advantage on the attack roll. You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 ft. of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll. Cunning Action: Starting at 2nd level, your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action. Expertise -- Sleight of Hand, Perception Racial Traits: Feat: Mobile PHB, pg. 168 Your speed increases by 10 feet. When you use the Dash action, difficult terrain doesn't cost you extra movement on that turn. When you make a melee attack against a creature, you don't provoke opportunity attacks from that creature for the rest of the turn, whether you hit or not. Background: Criminal / Spy Feature: Criminal Contact You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison to a network of other criminals. You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances; specifically, you know the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can deliver messages for you.
Sherrin
Human (Variant) Rogue 2 CN

AC 15 HP 17 Speed 40ft

Str 12 (1) Dex 16 (3) Con 14 (2) Wis 14 (2) Int 8 (-1) Cha 10 (0)

Attacks
Shortsword (Pierce/5 ft.) +5 1d6+3
Dagger (Pierce/5 ft./20 ft.(60 ft.)) +5 1d4+3
Dart (Pierce/20 ft.(60ft.)) +5 1d4+3

Rogue Features:
Sneak Attack: 1d6 -- PHB, pg. 96
Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack with a finesse or ranged weapon if you have advantage on the attack roll. You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 ft. of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.
Cunning Action: Starting at 2nd level, your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.
Expertise -- Sleight of Hand, Perception

Racial Traits:
Feat: Mobile PHB, pg. 168
Your speed increases by 10 feet. When you use the Dash action, difficult terrain doesn't cost you extra movement on that turn. When you make a melee attack against a creature, you don't provoke opportunity attacks from that creature for the rest of the turn, whether you hit or not.

Background:
Criminal / Spy
Feature: Criminal Contact
You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison to a network of other criminals. You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances; specifically, you know the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can deliver messages for you.

Inventory

Gp: 14 Sp: 7 Cp: 9

Equipped:

Slippers of Spider Climbing
Traveler's Clothes
Crowbar
Dagger (2)
Dart (20)
Shortsword
Signal Whistle
Studded Leather Armor
Thieves' Tools

Backpack:

Acid (1 vial)
Ball Bearings (bag of 1000)
Bedroll
Bell
Caltrops (10 bags of 20)
Candle (5)
Chalk (10 pieces)
Grappling Hook
Hammer
Hooded Lantern
Mess Kit
Oil (7 flasks)
Piton (10)
Rations (10 days)
Sack
Scroll/Map Case
Silk Rope (50 ft.)
String (10 ft.)
Tinderbox
Waterskin

Mule:

Bit and Bridle
Feed* (20 days)
Pack Saddle
Portable Ram

Saddlebags:

Blanket
Common Clothes (dark with hood)
Forgery Kit
Hempen Rope (50 ft.)
Manacles
Perfume (1 vial)
Playing Card Set
Soap
Shovel
Whetstone

Posted (edited)

The girl makes her way further along the fence line towards the cart. Living here so close to the woods, she's used to walking unseen and unheard among the forest.

Sam watches as she makes it all the way to the shadow of the cart, and hides with her back to the wooden panel.

Her hand slowly reaches up over the back edge of the cart, feeling around inside for anything she can take as a trophy. She steps on the wagon's axle, bringing her eyes slowly over the edge of the cart until she can peer inside. She catches sight of Saya, lying in the bed of the cart.

"Konichiwa." - Saya

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!" the girl shrieks at the top of her lungs, drawing every eye in the hamlet.

the girls stealth

Edited by Aspekt (see edit history)
Name
the girls stealth
1d20+0 19