OOC Chat: Chapter 1 - The Whispering Cairn

bwatford

23 hours ago, JubalBreakbottle said:

@Basil_Bottletop Good for familiarity. Don't know what you mean "different viewpoints on each other too". Thodin would have been a kind but determined supervisor who didn't judge Armando for having to work his past as penitence. And would have celebrated his completion. I guess Armando would have a "different viewpoint" of the situation. Cheers

Really? The prison supervisor would be sunshine and rainbows about his indentured servant workforce? A workforce that likely does whatever the bare minimum needed to avoid further punishment? The write-up certain allows some leeway, but the whole prison mine vibe is supposed to be a bleak undertaking and meant to impose a black stain on Diamond Lake. If the job was easy or safe or worthwhile, they wouldn't need forced labor to do it.

But I suppose the outlook of one mine supervisor could see the whole thing as an experience of enlightenment and righting-former-wrongs to a clean slate. But make no mistake, most prisoners would see it for what it is: degrading punishment that could get them killed. Duly noted though that Thodin is 'one of the good ones'.

Thodin’s mine would have a minority of prisoners. And most dwarves and gnomes in Diamond Lake would work there, because there are so few of them demographically in DL.

And yes. Thodin like his mother were weird supervisors, because they were full adherents of Ulaa who is against greed and for community welfare and hard work. That’s one of the reasons the mine has always done well. Happy miners. Happy mine.

Now if you want Armando to have a harder experience. Maybe he served his time in another mine. And heard about the differences from other miners.

cheers

Let's also make sure something in your posting template (name or picture) links to your character thread.

I am also going to be switching the map program to Fantasy Grounds on the next update so the line of sight/vision will be handled correctly based on token position. Nothing will change on the player end other than the view.

EDIT: Map updated to reflect the new style and lighting. New map is considering light from outside as well as Sunny has a torch. Areas in black and white are darkvision only. You may need to refresh the image to get the latest copy.

We have run out of the gate at quite the clip.... sort of took a breath in the last update since there has been so much information coming from investigations wanted to give everyone a chance to respond before the next area.

Hope you have a good holiday. I'm also on holiday for the week (Mon - Fri) but should have wifi - just may be a bit slow on the reply.