Chapter 1: A Fateful Competition

Brian Skies

image.png.a3631b3d4b1df6139e851e498461c12e.pngNamira - MW Sheet

checked-shield.svg AC: 14 health-normal.svg HP: 24/24 | awareness.svg PP: 14 Spell slots 2/2 Conditions: N/A

Namira approached one of the massive young tortoises and gently stroked its shell then spoke to it in goblin. "Hello young kinespaji, you are looking very strong today. I am going to feed you then ride you towards a more food. The food there is delicious and I am light so will not burden you at all and if we go well and steady, I will make sure that you will get the best food." She said as she lay some food before it, then climbed upon it's back, sitting with its reigns in her hand.

Dice Ex Machina

~image.png.8e7e3d897b23140563c5c87e4c9427d3.png  Piper HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 | Pass percep: 14

Piper pays attention to the others that step up. They seemed to know what they were doing and she did not know that much about these creatures. She was at a disadvantage, she did not know goblin. Food was certainly her best option... but she wondered.... The tengu brought out her pan flute and begun to play, one of the tortoises seemed to respond. She grabbed as much food as she could carry, placed one of the big leafy vegetables in front of it and as it went to gobble it up, she hopped up on its head.

Used

Bardic inspiration was used (free d6 to add to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw) on Wandile (3/4)

Name
Animal handling
1d20+1 12

image.png.e27b3358131daffd07203a7782acd89b.pngVir Corath - Kryn Bladesinger

checked-shield.svg AC: 16 (19)  | health-normal.svg HP: 24/24 | sprint.svg Initiative: +4 | awareness.svg Passive Perception: +9 | image.png.5761a33e1190901d4b01eb5ad3c8dbcf.png Bladesong: 2/2

With the beautiful white owl helping them along, Vir did their best to guide the massive tortoise. They had no skill with animals, so they could only hope coaxing the animal along gently was the correct ploy.

Mechanics

Help Action from my familiar!

Edited by TheRaconteur (see edit history)
Name
Animal Handling w/ Advantage
keep(2d20,highest,1)-1 13,7

image.png.a3631b3d4b1df6139e851e498461c12e.pngNamira - MW Sheet

checked-shield.svg AC: 14 health-normal.svg HP: 24/24 | awareness.svg PP: 14 Spell slots 2/2 Conditions: N/A

Settling on the young tortoise's back with a wriggle, Namira played a soft note on her flute and a pale blue hand of magical force manifested before the large reptile. Another gesture and it gripped a hand full of food from in front of the beast's beak and held it just out of reach. "Ah-ahh, not all at once, follow the food and keep going for more." She said.. but didn't expect it's neck to reach so far and jar her so abruptly as to mess her concentration on the spell.

Dice Ex Machina

Name
Animal handling
1d20+2 2

spacer.pngFarah - DDB | MW Thread

checked-shield.svg AC: 16health-normal.svg HP: 27/27 | awareness.svg PP: 14Psionic Energy 4/4Conditions: poisoned (somewhat less than 1 hour)

The Tabaxi hops atop her tortoise and waits for the signal, patting the creature's shell and whispering soft encouragements in Goblin.
"Are you ready? I've got plenty of food for you, just a bit further! The faster we go, the faster we get to your meal!"

When Adan gives the signal, Farah grins and prompts the tortoise with a simple "Go!" As the tortoise begins moving, however, the slow, jerky motions send her stomach to tossing and turning.

OOC/Actions

Wisdom (Animal Handling) check below. Presumably we're starting this within the hour of being Poisoned from the last game, so I'll roll the disadvantage. If the condition is somehow not still active, then ignore the disadvantage.

Name
Animal Handling (disadvantage)
1d20+2 11
Animal Handling (disadvantage)
1d20+2 18