Edge of Anarchy: Harrowing Fortunes

Zen Gypsy

Lira Esmeranda - Half-Elf Thaumaturge 1 applicationPathbuilder sheetspacer.png

AC: 17 | HP: 17/17 | Fortitude: +6 | Reflex: +6 | Will: +6Perception: +6 | Conditions:

As the others speak of their plans, Lira nods along, as they all sounded reasonable enough.

"I'm going to remain here for a while longer," she says. "The mystical energies that were gathered here to allow my mother to communicate with us in the way she did are worth lingering in some more. It may be that the echoes of Lamm's crime against my family could lead me somewhere, if I can just listen properly."

OOC

I'm using option #3: Intuition. See my Esoteric Lore roll attached to the post.

EDIT: Spending Hero Point to change the check from a failure to a success.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Starknife
Off Hand: Lantern Implement

Action 1: Your action goes here.

Action 2: Your action goes here.

Action 3: Your action goes here.

ACTIONS
Strike (Starknife) action_single_black.png?v=dm-1 +6 to hit, 1d4+2 piercing or slashing, deadly d6 (on crit add 1 die)
Exploit Vulnerability action_single_black.png?v=dm-1 Select a creature you can see and attempt an Esoteric Lore check against a standard DC for its level, as you retrieve the right object from your esoterica and use your implement to empower it.

Lantern Initiate Benefit

While you hold your lantern, its burning light leaves secrets no place to hide. You can light or extinguish your lantern as a free action once each turn with nothing but a thought, which has the concentrate trait. The lantern shines bright light out to 20 feet and dim light out 20 feet further; this has the evocation, light, and magical traits (the counteract level against magical darkness is equal to half your level rounded up).

The lantern's magical light attempts to reveal the unseen. You and your allies in the lantern's area of bright light gain a +1 status bonus to visual Perception checks to notice anything that is also within the bright light, and a +1 status bonus to checks to Recall Knowledge against creatures within the bright light, as the light exposes their true natures. During exploration, even if you aren't Searching, the GM rolls a secret check for you to find traps, environmental hazards, haunts, and secrets (such as secret doors). The GM rolls each time a given hazard or secret comes within 20 feet of you and within the lantern's bright light. These effects have the divination, magical, and revelation traits.

Edited by Keante (see edit history)
Name
Intuition (Esoteric Lore)
1d20+7 3

spacer.pngAquila | HP 20/20 | AC 17 | Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +3 | Speed: 25 | Perception: +3
Hero Points: 1/3 | Kinetic Gate: Closed
| Conditions: None | Effects: N/A

"Ionacu, right? I've had some dealings with folk around the city, maybe I can help get an in with some of my folk - Varisians, that is, not, well..." Aquila gestures broadly to her head, circling it in an effort to highlight her blue complexion and white, mist-like hair.

As the two hit the streets, she brings up her own connection to Lamm.

"I really hope we turn something up. There's a boy where I live, friendly little kid, who went missing. He's got a penchant for getting into trouble, causing mischief, turning up where he doesn't belong, so it makes sense he might be used by one of the gangs to light-finger work, but I always thought it would be Sczarni, not... well, who knows what this creep is up to, really. All I know is I've heard Zanek isn't the only kid who's gone missing and spotted with folk associated with Lamm. And what the others have been saying about him... He's bad news. I can feel it."

Aquila shivers, half in disgust and half with an otherworldly touch running down her spine. She tries to put the thought from her mind as she catches a glance of Bran, a curious glint shining in the bird's eye.

She goes to work as they encounter common street rabble and she tries to use what she knows of the shadier side of West Dock.

OOC & Actions

Streetwise
Technically already part of her character, Aquila uses Society to get the low-down from common folk and people with ties to shady deallings who may have heard or seen things. Aquila is willing to part with a few silver pieces or a gold piece if necessary to grease the right palms.

Required skill check: Society or Lore (Underworld) - Aquila has both trained and at the same bonus. Since Ionacu has Society locked down, I may as well roll my Lore check. It's the same bonus anyway, but trying a different skill seems prudent.

Name
Lore (Underworld)
1d20+4 8

valerica_token.png.4662b4fa5332a63f1f2afb8d6fb817a5.png

Valerica Radache
Human (Versatile)Humanity's versatility and ambition have fueled its ascendance to be the most common ancestry in most nations throughout the world. Select a general feat of your choice for which you meet the prerequisites.; ArtisanAs an apprentice, you practiced a particular form of building or crafting, developing specialized skill. You might have been a blacksmith's apprentice toiling over the forge for countless hours, a young tailor sewing garments of all kinds, or a shipwright shaping the hulls of ships.

Choose two ability boosts. One must be to Strength or Intelligence, and one is a free ability boost.

You're trained in the Crafting skill and the Guild Lore skill. You gain the Specialty Crafting skill feat.
; Ranger (Precision; 1); (TBA) Archetype; Harrow Card:
'The Owl'

HP: 20/20 | AC:18 | Speed: 30'+5' from Fleet |Senses: Normal | Lang: Common; Dwarven

Perception (E): +7 | Fort (E): +6 | Ref (E): +9| Will (T): +5 |

SkillsTrained:
Acrobatics (+7); Crafting (+3); Lore/Guild (+3); Medicine (+5); Nature (+5); Society (+3); Stealth (+7); Survival (+5)

Untrained:
Arcana (+0); Athletics (+2); Deception (+0); Diplomacy (+0); Intimidation (+0); Occultism (+0); Performance (+0); Religion (+2); Thievery (+4)
 | AttributesSTR +2 [14]
DEX +4 [18]
CON +1 [12]
INT +0 [10]
WIS +2 [14]
CHA +0 [10]
 | AttacksUnarmed:

Fist +7 (Dex 4; Trained 3); 1d4+2 B (Crit 2d4+4); Agile; Finesse; Nonlethal; Unarmed

Melee:

Shortsword +7 (Dex 4; Trained 3); 1d6+2 P/S (Crit 2d6+4); Agile; Finesse; Versatile S.

Ranged:

Shortbow +7 (Dex 4; Trained 3); 1d6 P (Crit 2d6+1d10); Deadly d10; Range 60'
 | Precision Damage+1d8

You have trained to aim for your prey’s weak points. The first time you hit your hunted prey in a round, you also deal 1d8 additional precision damage. (Precision damage increases the damage you already deal, using the same type, but is ineffective against creatures that lack vital organs or weak points.)
|Hero Pts.Heroic Effort: When you Fail or Critically Fail any, non-secret, check you may spend a Hero Point and improve your degree of Success by a single step, a Critical Failure becomes a Failure, and a Failure becomes a Success
Heroic Recovery: At the end of any turn in which you would gain the Dying condition, or your current Dying condition would increase you may spend a single Hero Point to stabilize with zero Hit Points. You do not gain the Wounded condition or increase it's value from losing the Dying condition in this way, but if you already had that condition, you don't lose it or decrease it's value.

Undying Heroism: At the start of any turn in which you have zero Hit Points and are not currently Dying you may spend a single Hero Point to recover a number of Hit Points equal to your level.
: 1

Valerica walked with Ihrin through the streets into West Dock. Now that it was just the two of them, Valerica didn't feel as vulnerable and she opened up to the other woman about her own tragedy related to Lamm. She told her about her would-be fiancé's murder and her own quickly approaching descent into poverty; the money was nearly spent and the smithy wouldn't be able to survive another round of taxes. She told her that she'd been training under Vencarlo Orsini for a year getting ready for this day where she could finally get back at Lamm.

You'd think with her get-up she'd be the last one I confided in. The memory of Ihrin's own words came back to her: "I'm a decent talker, and performance tends to loosen lips in my experience." Maybe there's really something to that.

The pair arrived at a tavern close to the heart of West Dock. A faded wooden sign hung from a single rusty hook. The Salty something or other- she couldn't make out the last word on the sign. It was the type of place she'd never go to normally, so it was probably perfect.

"I'm going to get some food, I can get you some if you need?" Once Ihrin answers, they head inside and Valerica finds a seat somewhere along a wall, giving her a good view of the room. She'll enjoy some food, hopefully enjoy Ihrin's performance, and keep an eye peeled for anyone of note. It's not super late in the day; hopefully they aren't wasting their time.

OOC

Valerica orders some food. Looks like this costs 1c for a poor meal (have to fit in with the locals) - she'll also pay for Ihrin's if she wants food.

ACTIONS

#7: Surveillance - using perception, to observe the patrons of the tavern. Fictionally, this probably follows @saithor's own action

Edited by Gnaws (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d20+7 12

Ihrin
spacer.png

Human• Entertainer • Maestro Bard 1
Medium • Chaotic Good • Humanoid

AC: 16 | HP 18/18 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +5 | Resistance: None | Speed 25 feet | Class DC 17

Ihrin wasn't sure what to expect along the way to the taverns. Not for her companion to tell her their reason for going after Lamm. Should she say her own? It seemed only fair to reciprocate in kind, and it might be taken as an offense not to. "Apologies for the recent death of your fiance. My own reasons aren't as dire. My family are....you know the kind of street performer who is as likely to pick your pocket as to entertain? That's my line. I did the same, but me and my sister tried to escape that life. My father decided he did not like our attempts to break off, and made sure that little act of rebellion will end." She hadn't told anyone else the entire story since she figured it out, and it felt good to release it like a wave of water breaking through a dam, but it was getting hard to keep her composure. Her cheeks were wet by now. She felt a stab of pain in her hands, realized it was her clenched fists driving her fingernails into her palms. "He utilized Lamm to get my sister addicted to Shiver. So, eventually, I will have two people to get revenge on. Lamm first."

She forced a smile as she fished her mask back out of her pouch. "A few things to before that first. As for the food, thank you for the offer, but it's best if we keep our association secret till the end. I'll enter a few minutes after you do. Not the best deception, but hopefully enough for those already inside."

Before following Valerica inside, Ihrin takes a few moments to cast some cantrips. Singing and dancing were her forte, and she hated trying to perform an instrument while doing both, so one to give her some musical accompaniment and a second to let her voice echo reach every corner of the tavern. She'd go in, talk to the innkeeper about providing entertainment for only tips, and once she convinced him into allowing it, found the closest place in the tavern you could call a stage.

She'd need something to grab attention. Luckily she had a song in mind. She began to dance, the music rising in the background.

"And come tell me Sean O'Farrell, tell me why you hurry so
"Hush, my brother, hush and listen," and his cheeks were all aglow
"I bear orders from the captain, get you ready quick and soon

For the pikes must be together at the rising of the moon"

At the rising of the moon, at the rising of the moon
For the pikes must be together at the rising of the moon

"And come tell me Sean O'Farrell, where the gathering is to be"
"At the old spot by the river; quite well known to you and me"
"One more word for signal token; whistle out the marching tune
With your pike upon your shoulder at the rising of the moon"

At the rising of the moon, at the rising of the moon
With your pike upon your shoulder at the rising of the moon

Out from many a mud wall cabin; eyes were watching through the night
Many a manly heart was beating for the blessed warning light
Murmurs rang along the valleys to the banshee's lonely croon
And a thousand pikes were flashing by the rising of the moon

By the rising of the moon, by the rising of the moon
And a thousand pikes were flashing by the rising of the moon

All along that singing river that black mass of men was seen
High above their shining weapons flew their own beloved green
Death to every foe and traitor! Whistle out the marching tune
And hurrah, me boys, for freedom, 'tis the rising of the moon

'Tis the rising of the moon, 'tis the rising of the moon
And hurrah, me boys, for freedom, 'tis the rising of the moon"

Actions:

OOC

Ihrin will cast Bullhorn and Musical Accompaniment before beginning her performance. If Zen would prefer either not apply, subtract 1 for each from my Performance roll.

Gonna use a hero point to make that a success

Edited by saithor (see edit history)
Name
Performance check with Musical Accompaniment and Bullhorn
1d20+9 2

spacer.png Ionacu Davian HP: 16/16 Saves: Fort 5, Ref 5, Will 6 AC: 15, Perception: 4, Speed: 25 ' Character Sheet

"Yes, that's right, Ionacu Davian," the young man replied as the pair exited out onto the street. "Aquila, wasn't it."

"I have some Varisian in my family tree," he stated in that language with a light smile to Aquila's comments.

Ionacu listened to the white-haired woman's story nodding in sympathy. "There's no question this Lamm is rapacious in his crimes. Which leads one to wonder how he has managed to avoid just retribution of one form or another. It is a sad state of affairs."

"Anyway, let me see what I can recall on the subject of potential hideouts and affairs."

Name
Society Roll for Streetwise
1d20+7 20

As the group dispersed into the Westdock district, each member employing their unique skills and approaches, Ionacu's keen understanding of the criminal underworld allowed him to unravel the intricacies of Korvosan law. In a critical success, he discovered that a building abandoned for two years reverts to the city, providing valuable insight into Lamm's potential choice of hideout.

Lira, drawing upon her mystical intuition and consulting the Harrow deck, unveiled a disconcerting vision dominated by the rakshasha and the fool—symbols of dominance, slavery, blackmail, and hubris. The imagery included a rotting kraken dragging orphans into a mire of decaying fish, further heightening the urgency of their mission.

Valerica, adept at surveillance, observed the Lambs, Lamm's employed orphans, discussing their overseer near Eel's End. Her success shed light on their thieving activities and hinted at Lamm's presence, reinforcing their suspicions.

Carthen, though unsuccessful in his attempt to intimidate a halfling overseer, gleaned valuable information. The halfling, munching on 'dock dumplings,' revealed a connection to the fishery. Caltrix, skilled in shadowing, stealthily followed the halfling to an abandoned fishery, uncovering a potential location for Lamm's operations.

Ihrin, using her performance skills, overheard talk of an old alchemist named Balko delivering supplies to an abandoned fishery on Westpier. The mention of alchemy hinted at a more promising endeavor within the old fishery.

Aquila, recognizing Balko's name as a Sczarni removed from Varisian protections due to his association with Gaedren Lamm, pieced together a crucial link between the alchemist and their target.

The group, having gathered valuable information about Lamm's potential hideout, decides to reconvene at Zellara's Wonders to discuss their findings and plan their next steps. As they make their way through the rain-soaked streets of Westdock, the oppressive gloom seems to weigh heavily on their shoulders, and the distant echoes of the city's sounds create a somber backdrop to their journey.

Arriving at the once-vibrant but now desolate Zellara's Wonders, the door creaks open with an eerie creak, and the familiar scent of flowers and spice that once filled the air is now a distant memory. The lantern on the table flickers feebly, casting long shadows in the empty room.

Seated around the table, where Zellara had performed the cryptic harrow reading, the group finds themselves in the same chairs they occupied before. The atmosphere is charged with an otherworldly energy, a lingering reminder of the mystic encounter they had experienced. The Vision card, placed earlier by Zellara, still rests on the table, a silent witness to the unfolding events.

Their collective efforts culminated in the discovery of Lamm's hideout at 17 Westpier—an abandoned fishery with connections to a halfling overseer, a Sczarni alchemist, and a troupe of thieving orphans. The harrowing visions and dark omens urged the group to act swiftly, for the threads of fate had woven a complex tapestry leading them to the heart of danger. The rain-soaked streets of Westdock seemed to close in around them, and the oppressive gloom intensified as they approached the looming structure, where the next chapter of their mission awaited.

token_1.png.89de49c37e89361f2a64c21ee7e4cefd.pngCaltrix Nimblesquirl
Twilight Halfling; Acrobat; Rogue (Thief; 1); (TBA) Archetype; Harrow Card: 'The Locksmith'

HP: 15/15 AC:17: Explorer's | Speed: 25' |Senses: Low-light vision; Keen Eyes | Lang: Common; Halfling; Gnome; Varisian

Perception (E): +7 | Fort (T): +4 | Ref (E): +9| Will (E): +7 |

| Skills | Attributes | Attacks | Sneak Atk Dmg |Hero Pts.: 1

Caltrix_HeroForge.png.420877772c107e646505809a6af16979.png

" ... as they approached the looming structure, ..."

[Some time before whilst the Party is still at Zellara's]

Caltrix took a few moments to use a bit of spirits (5 cp?) and a clean rag to swab out the cut from under her slightly swollen eye. She had picked up the rudiments of healing when part of a circus troupe, but currently had no Healer's Kit. I could help, however, if anyone amongst us is also trained and has a healing kit, she observed.

She made do, however, before hopping, with only a bit of a grimace, up onto her cushions. As the discussion amongst the party progressed as each related the information they had observed, overheard or divined; she raised or made a few points:

• I couldn't get too close without the risk of being spotted, but the Fishery 'backed onto the river, protruding over, supported by piles driven into the river. What could be a fishing trawl was docked behind it.'
  • What do we know of Eel's End where Valerica spotted the Lambs? Is that a front for Lamm's activities to provide legitimate seeming cover? Or ... ?
  • I don't know much about rakshasha's other than that they can appear as almost anything or anyone. This alchemist or the halfling, perhaps?
  • I can see well in low-levels of light, but not in actual darkness.

(later add:) She strings her bow.

image.png.9c353d20b58ccab182af970caadc77b0.png

OOC

ACTIONS

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

Ihrin
spacer.png

Human• Entertainer • Maestro Bard 1
Medium • Chaotic Good • Humanoid

AC: 16 | HP 18/18 | Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +5 | Resistance: None | Speed 25 feet | Class DC 17

Ihrin considers the decrepit structure in front of them all, mask back on her face. "Some say where you choose to make your abode is a reflection of yourself," she says. "I think they may have a point when it comes to where Lamm has chosen to live."

Ihrin would be under some over, probably an overhang, unless the group insisted in waiting out in the rain to get wet. It seemed a strike of good fortune. Rain would provide cover, the same with thunder. Mask their own sounds, and deafen those of Lamm and his associates trying to escape if it came to it. Her hand trembled a little considering it. She'd never killed before, and the fury of before wavered a little at the thought of ending a life tonight.

"Normally I'd suggest smaller groups to sneak in easier, and from multiple directions, but I don't think splitting up would be wise. We haven't scouted this place out. All at once, through the front?" She asked.

Actions:

OOC

spacer.png Ionacu Davian HP: 16/16 Saves: Fort 5, Ref 5, Will 6 AC: 15, Perception: 4, Speed: 25 ' Character Sheet

"I'm no fan of this," muttered Ionacu, Bran on his shoulder nodding seemingly in agreement. "No solid information, no real plan. Yet we may not have any choice. The only thing I might offer is to attempt to charm one of the children or someone and try to get an insiders insight to the place and perhaps help to enter. I'm not sure direct action may not be better. Though I'd prefer to go in from the rear and prevent any retreat by ship."

There was a slight quiver in the young man's voice, but also strong determination. If it came to a fight he would fight.

Seeing Caltrix busy trying to patch herself up Ionacu asked, "Do you need any help there Caltrix? I am skilled at healing and have a healer's tool kit."

Edited by Thramzorean (see edit history)

token_1.png.89de49c37e89361f2a64c21ee7e4cefd.pngCaltrix Nimblesquirl
Twilight Halfling; Acrobat; Rogue (Thief; 1); (TBA) Archetype; Harrow Card: 'The Locksmith'

HP: 15/15 AC:17: Explorer's | Speed: 25' |Senses: Low-light vision; Keen Eyes | Lang: Common; Halfling; Gnome; Varisian

Perception (E): +7 | Fort (T): +4 | Ref (E): +9| Will (E): +7 |

| Skills | Attributes | Attacks | Sneak Atk Dmg |Hero Pts.: 1

Caltrix_HeroForge.png.420877772c107e646505809a6af16979.png

[Some time before whilst the Party is still at Zellara's]

"Do you need any help there Caltrix? I am skilled at healing and have a healer's tool kit."

Thank you, Ionacu, replied the halfling. It's not too bad really, but could have been worse. If you have a salve for cuts, though, it would probably be safer than this makeshift alcohol wash. She winces a bit at the sting.

Just a run-in with some squatters when I went back to collect my bow & arrows and a few other items. The Shingles can turn cutthroat quickly.

[To real time]

I'd have been in favor of procuring a boat; boarding the trawl from the river; and thence into the fishery. But perhaps we don't have time for that or reconnoitering - Caltrix, like the others, feeling the unsettling sense of urgency - and, it is gloomy and we're not used to working with one another (yet).

For that matter, I'm not really much used to this sort of thing myself, she admitted. I might try to get to a place where I could take the trawl under fire from my bow, but perhaps simple and direct, as Ihrin says, would be best ... and she trails off.

image.png.9c353d20b58ccab182af970caadc77b0.png

OOC

ACTIONS

As the group approached the weathered building of 17 Westpier, they were met with a sight that seemed to embody decay itself. The old fishery, though creaking and decrepit, stood as a formidable structure, with its boarded windows and mold-ridden doors hinting at the secrets hidden within.

The stench of brine and rotting fish assaulted their senses as they ventured closer, the air heavy with the weight of neglect. The rusted signpost above the tightly closed double doors swayed ominously, a silent sentinel guarding the entrance to Gaedren Lamm's domain. As the group observed from their concealed vantage point, the scene unfolding before them revealed the harsh reality of life under Gaedren Lamm's rule. Small groups of orphans, known as Lamm's Lambs, approached the fishery with a sense of resignation, their expressions downtrodden and weary. Each child carried with them a meager haul of ill-gotten gains, acquired through pickpocketing and other criminal activities. As they approached the building, they cast furtive glances around, as if fearing retribution for their failure to meet Lamm's expectations.

Hookshank.jpg.c6f53445779490fc94b9556d90ec3563.jpgA fifteen-foot-wide loading dock abuts the side of the building here. A few carts sit nearby, partially loaded with large, tarcaked barrels marked with a fish-shaped splotch of red paint on the side. Double doors to the immediate south of the loading dock’s ramp provide access to the building’s interior, while a rickety flight of stairs descends ten feet to a point just three feet over the river’s surface, where a simple door provides a secondary entrance.

At the west doors of the fishery, Hookshank, the cruel overseer, awaited their arrival. His presence instilled a sense of fear and apprehension among the orphans, who approached him with trepidation, knowing that any misstep could result in punishment. He inspected the meager offerings brought by the children. His expression was one of disdain, his cruel laughter echoing through the dimly lit interior as he berated them for their shortcomings.

Some of the orphans bore fresh bruises and cuts, evidence of the harsh treatment they endured at the hands of their overseer. Despite their fear and suffering, they dared not speak out against him, knowing that defiance would only lead to further punishment.

As the transactions were completed, the orphans departed from the fishery with bowed heads and heavy hearts. Their steps were slow and hesitant, weighted down by the burden of their existence in Lamm's world of crime and cruelty. From their hidden vantage point, the group watched in silence, their hearts heavy with the knowledge of the suffering endured by these innocent children. Determination burned within them, fueling their resolve to confront Gaedren Lamm and put an end to his reign of terror once and for all.

Out of Character

OldFishery(Map).png.ffae4bdba0745fe466ec949bdfdb3944.png

The orphans are approaching, entering and exiting the fishery from the double doors on the west side of the fishery, A2. All windows are boarded up, though widely enough spaced someone inside could, potentially, be peering out while remaining hidden from an outside viewer. Your tokens are on the map as reference only. For some reason Paizo likes to make maps assuming the players are up in it's grill, and not observing from concealed locations.

Carthen

PhotoRoom-20240130_094901.png.46e0d3ae92f14f870315ca895482eb06.png

Eyeing the overall layout, the commonly grumpy half-orc has the same expression. "Listen, we need to consider all of this. My opinion, we have four ways in. We wade in from the water, jump from the adjacent building, knock on the front door or try any one of those back doors. Personally, I suggest jumping over but I am not sure everyone can make it." He says this lastly eyeing everyone in the group.

OOC and Actions

Carthen Brisbane-------------------------
HP: 20 (20 base)
AC: 17

===== Reactions =====

===== Actions =====

Ongoing Effects and Daily Use Things

Ongoing Effects:

Remaining Resources:

Caltrix IC:

Just a quick point of observation probably not worthy of the full post template, but Caltrix will watch carefully to note where individuals walk. Or, put another way, are there specific squares that the Lambs or Hookshank (a gnome? a halfling? The halfling we shadowed?) seem to avoid ... weak planks or intentional traps perhaps?

She also wonders about dropping something heavy from the warehouse roof through the bottom of that little skiff (boat) there at the upper right.

LATE ADD (from Discord):

We notice that the Lambs seem to arrive in a group (~ 5 or so); drop off their wares; loiter a bit; then depart. We might be able to engage then, between two teams to minimize noncombatants, she whispers.

OOC:

I think we could all make a 10' leap (clear a 5' gap) with no check needed via the Leap Action (note, the distance jumped includes the square landed in, so a 10' leap clears a 5' gap; a 15' leap clears a 10' gap etc.). It might depend on any relative height differential between the warehouse roof and that A3 ramp/planking.

Leap[one-action]

Move 
Source Player Core pg. 417

You take a short horizontal or vertical jump. Jumping a greater distance requires using the Athletics skill for a High Jump or Long Jump.

• Horizontal Jump up to 10 feet horizontally if your Speed is at least 15 feet, or up to 15 feet horizontally if your Speed is at least 30 feet. You land in the space where your Leap ends (meaning you can typically clear a 5-foot gap, or a 10-foot gap if your Speed is 30 feet or more). You can't make a horizontal Leap if your Speed is less than 15 feet.
  • Vertical Jump up to 3 feet vertically and 5 feet horizontally onto an elevated surface.

spacer.pngAquila | HP 20/20 | AC 17 | Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +3 | Speed: 25 | Perception: +3
Hero Points: 1/3 | Kinetic Gate: Closed
| Conditions: None | Effects: N/A

"I'm not really used to skulking about, myself. Never really had to, and besides, I stand out rather fantastically in a crowd."

Aquila turns her eyes toward the fishery to get a glance, taking in what details she can despite not finding anything of particular interest.

The sylph listens to the others as the group discusses how to approach the situation. It wasn't as easy as just walking up to the door and knocking, in sharp contrast to the party's meeting at Zellara's. Aquila's instincts told her to simply blow the door down with a gust of wind, but not every problem calls for a flashy answer... somewhat to Aquila's chagrin.

"Should we come back at night? It might be easy to sneak, though if it's too dark even we won't be able to see, and torches and lanterns would just give us away anyway... I could try checking things out from up there," she says, pointing to the adjacent warehouse, "though I'm really not much of a scout."

Then she looks over at Ionacu and the bird perched on his shoulder.

"What about Bran, Ionacu? I don't want to make assumptions, but he should be a better scout than I would be, no?"

OOC & Actions

Ionacu glanced fondly at the midnight black raven on his shoulder.

"Yes and no, Aquila," replied Ionacu. "Bran's not a rat or weasel, he's not going to be able to sneak into the place, nor is he particularly useful at night. He'd fine for long term observation where a person could eventually give themselves, or following a ship, but that's not our plan here. Where he could be useful is carrying messages between people if we have to split up, he can speak."

"Poly wants a cracker," the bird dutifully squawked.

Ionacu grinned then went back to pondering the problem of what to do next.

Edited by Thramzorean (see edit history)