Jump to content

Edge of Anarchy: Harrowing Fortunes


Zen Gypsy

Recommended Posts

 

token_1.png.89de49c37e89361f2a64c21ee7e4cefd.pngCaltrix Nimblesquirl
Twilight Halfling; Acrobat; Rogue (Thief; 1); (TBA) Archetype; Harrow Card: 'The Locksmith'


 

HP: 9/15 AC:17: Explorer's | Speed: 25' |Senses: Low-light vision; Keen Eyes | Lang: Common; Halfling; Gnome; Varisian

Perception (E): +7 | Fort (T): +4 | Ref (E): +9| Will (E): +7 |

| Skills | Attributes | Attacks | Sneak Atk Dmg |Hero Pts.: 2


Caltrix_HeroForge.png.420877772c107e646505809a6af16979.png

Fishery (Post 1st Combat):

Voss' gaze flicking towards Caltrix, the closest enemy ally within reach. "What's the play?" she asks, her voice tinged with a mixture of defiance and uncertainty.

 

Caltrix, extremely relieved to see Lira and Ihren (and then Aquila), takes these initial Actions:

 

To Ruffio: whilst holding her rapier, now tipped with his blood, "Drop the whip, if you please."

She steps back to her previous square.

To Voss: "What's the play? You cooperate - and perhaps still profit. Or ... she smiles grimly ... I might need to repay the gift you gave me. In speaking to Voss, Caltrix' voice shifts into a sort of accent or dialect that hopefully is recognized as a sort of 'cant.'

 

image.png.9c353d20b58ccab182af970caadc77b0.png

OOC

I gather we are now out of Encounter Mode, but prudence suggests we be cautious until we have Ruffio and Voss somewhat under control.

Obviously, we want to follow up regarding Lamm and whatever traps might lie about this place, but I thought we needed to establish our position vis-a-vis Ruffio and Voss first. And perhaps our better "Face" characters should handle the Diplomacy/Intimidation aspects?

 

ACTIONS

1. Order Ruffio to drop the whip.

2. 'Steps' back to her previous square, both to de-escalate Ruffio (by putting a bit of distance between them), and to allow her to face Voss without having to turn her back on Ruffio.

3. Speaks as above to Voss.

 

 


 

 

 

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png Ionacu Davian HP: 16/16 Saves: Fort 5, Ref 5, Will 6 AC: 15, Perception: 4, Speed: 25 ' Character Sheet

Realising they were no longer in a do or die struggle for the moment, Ionacu brought himself back to considering the situation, a distinct tremble in his hands, his gaze averted from the body and steadily building pool of blood around it that his glass shard had created.

Trusting his companions to take care of the ruffians still standing Ionacu's first thoughts were for the scattering children. They could flee to who knows where, never daring to resurface.

There was a quick conversation with Bran, Ionacu telling his familiar to quickly find all the orphans he could and let them know they were safe and to return here, where they would be taken care of.

So saying he stepped outside himself for a moment, both to call back any children he could and to make sure no returning scoundrel's didn't catch them by surprise.

 


OOC Actions:
1 action: command Bran to intimidate
2 action: Daze basic Will DC 17 damage 4 hit points

Status

2 x Cantrips, 1 x Lvl:1 spell used.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

valerica_token.png.64345f8b064136895064b2bf1502d39e.png

Valerica Radache
Human
Precision Ranger 1 'The Owl'
Pathbuilder Sheet * Mythweavers Sheet


HP: 20/20 | AC:18 | Speed: 30' |Senses: Normal | Lang: Common; Dwarven

Perception +7 | Fort +6 | Ref +9| Will +5| Hero Pts: 2


The chaos at the fishery had subsided, for the moment. Below, Caltrix spoke to the two assailants who had, for the moment, seemingly surrendered. Val didn't trust it, though. She looked below, at the vat that Caltrix had fallen into. Not a chance in hell she was going to risk getting covered in that. She remained on the rooftop, watching the scene below for any sign of treachery from the two thugs.

 

OOC

 

 

ACTIONS

1. Delay Action

IF Voss/Ruffio move to attack, Valerica will attack Ruffio

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ionacu, mindful of the scattered children and the potential for further danger, swiftly sends Bran, his trusty familiar, to round up the orphans and guide them back to safety. It appears, at least for the moment, that Lamm's lambs have fled from the vicinity, as the raven is unsuccessful in leading any back towards the Fishery. Stepping outside momentarily, he keeps a vigilant eye out for any returning troublemakers, ensuring the group's security in the aftermath of the chaotic brawl.

As Aquila tends to the wounded, her healing magic suffusing the air with a sense of calm, Carthen stirs inside the fishery office, his eyes fluttering open as the pain begins to recede.

As the dust settles and the adrenaline begins to wane, Caltrix, her rapier still stained with Ruffio's blood, takes charge of the situation with a steely resolve. Ruffio, his expression a mixture of defiance and resignation, complies begrudgingly, letting the whip fall from his grasp as he eyes the group with thinly veiled hostility. "You think you've won? Lamm won't take kindly to this."

Meanwhile, Voss, sensing the shifting dynamics of the situation, cautiously sheathes her daggers and raises her hands in a gesture of surrender. "Not sure who you've got backin' your play, but way I see it, ain't my business. Lamm's holed up 'neath us, down there countin' profit, relivin' his glory days, I 'spose." She shrugged thin, wiry shoulders, "Figure you got, what," her eyes flicked upstairs, as she did some math, "four upstairs, deal with Hookshank, Grakk 'n Tarth? Out the window," she nodded towards the broken window through which she, herself had made her entrance, "down the gangplank. Boss mighta thought of cuttin' his losses but yer trick with the skiff put an end ta that. Through the trawler's hold, 'neath the pilings, his den's there. Careful of the devil-fish, water's all chummed up from the show he put on this afternoon."

For his part, Ruffio is glaring a hole through Voss as she talks, she spits on the floor, "You can die fer that sick piece o' filth, but I can see which way the winds blowin'." She looks towards Caltrix, remaining low, looking back towards the window, as if asking permission. "Figure your business with Lamm is of a personal nature, I could vacate tha' premises, 'n give you time to settle your accounts, yea?"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carthen

PhotoRoom-20240130_094901.png.46e0d3ae92f14f870315ca895482eb06.png

Carthen groans as the watery healing washes over him, he opens his eyes and puts a hand to his pink, raw skin of the wound. He rolled to his feet and goes about picking up his weapon, moving gingerly. As he listens to the exchange he turns to Voss, "Smart. Get lost."

He turns to Ruffio, his face almost snarling, "You, however, seem to lack a remorse I would have liked. Working for Lamm only gets you dead, by his rivals or him." He pounds the head of his light hammer into his fist as he slowly walks forward.

 

OOC and Actions

Carthen Brisbane-------------------------
HP: 6 (20 base)
AC: 17
Hero Points: 1

===== Reactions =====


===== Actions =====
 

Ongoing Effects and Daily Use Things

Ongoing Effects:
 


Remaining Resources:

 

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

token_1.png.89de49c37e89361f2a64c21ee7e4cefd.pngCaltrix Nimblesquirl
Twilight Halfling; Acrobat; Rogue (Thief; 1); (TBA) Archetype; Harrow Card: 'The Locksmith'


 

HP: 13/15 AC:17: Explorer's | Speed: 25' |Senses: Low-light vision; Keen Eyes | Lang: Common; Halfling; Gnome; Varisian

Perception (E): +7 | Fort (T): +4 | Ref (E): +9| Will (E): +7 |

| Skills | Attributes | Attacks | Sneak Atk Dmg |Hero Pts.: 2


Caltrix_HeroForge.png.420877772c107e646505809a6af16979.png

Fishery (Post 1st Combat):

 "Figure your business with Lamm is of a personal nature, I could vacate tha' premises, 'n give you time to settle your accounts, yea?"

 

Caltrix nods her head to Daggergirl (I don't think Caltrix has yet learned her name) in appreciation for her intelligence regarding Lamm.

The halfling waits a few moments in case Ihrin or Lira wish to speak with Daggergirl. The halfling considers the two of them the best spoken of the group (i.e. the best "Face" characters).

If nothing more is said, Caltrix lowers her rapier making a sort of formal flourish (salute) to Daggergirl. Her shoulder still smarting, even after - whatever Aquila had done - Caltrix knew that Voss was a professional to be reckoned with.

 

LATER POSTSCRIPT:

Upon request, Caltrix will use AID to assist with a Medicine Check (for Carthen?). See roll below (what a surprise 😞)

 

 

image.png.9c353d20b58ccab182af970caadc77b0.png

OOC

I assume that we can incorporate Aquila's healing? Now reflected above.

 

ACTIONS

Contingent upon need: Aid (Medicine)

 

 


 

 

 

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)
Name
Aid (Medicine)
10
1d20+5 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngAquila | HP 20/20 | AC 17 | Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +3 | Speed: 25 | Perception: +3
Hero Points: 2/3 | Kinetic Gate: Open
| Conditions: None | Effects: 


Now standing behind Caltrix, having worked her healing as best as possible on the party, Aquila nods in concert with the halfling's acknowledgement. She sees no reason not to let Voss go - in truth, she doesn't know so much as her name. Her profession, however, Aquila could guess, and if she had a problem with every scoundrel willing to work for a sleazebag, she'd have to go after at least a third of the city's population, she gathers.

"I don't like the sound of dealing with that devil-fish. We ought to be careful when exploring the space below us."


OOC & Actions

N/A

 

Edited by VennDygrem (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png Ionacu Davian HP: 16/16 Saves: Fort 5, Ref 5, Will 6 AC: 15, Perception: 4, Speed: 25 ' Character Sheet

Standing in the doorway with half an ear to what was going on inside Ionacu came back inside to report his failure to round up the scattered orphans.

"Shame. I had hoped they'd be able to give us some information."

"Does anybody still need healing?" he asked.

"I'm ready to go deal with the boss. Any further traps we should be worried about?" Ionacu directed his question at the talkative member of the orphan gang.

 

 

Status

2 x Cantrips, 1 x Lvl:1 spell used.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Carthen's determined recovery and Caltrix's authoritative commands, the atmosphere in the fishery shifts once more. As Voss receives Carthen's directive to depart, she offers a curt nod in acknowledgment before swiftly turning on her heel and disappearing into the shadows of the docks.

As the group contemplates their next move, the fishery stands silent and foreboding, its secrets lurking beneath the murky depths of the river's edge. Will they search the work floor for clues, or continue their relentless pursuit of Lamm by descending into the depths below? The choice is theirs, but with each passing moment, the treacherous Lamm has opportunity to prepare for the intruder's inevitable assault.

Exploration Mode

The Group in now in Exploration Mode, please let me know what those activities are. You may assume that you have ten minutes, enough time for a single Treat Wounds check, or another round of Aquila's Ocean Balm. I just need to know if you are searching, or descending down towards Lamm's safe room beneath the fishery's working floor.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carthen

PhotoRoom-20240130_094901.png.46e0d3ae92f14f870315ca895482eb06.png

Carthen wipes his bloody hands on Ruffio's clothes and turns to to Ionacu, "I could use a bandage to go with this healing, and thank you, Aquila was it? We should take stock and then head down.

"He is certainly ready for us so whomever goes first needs to be sharp eyed and quick footed."

 

OOC and Actions

Carthen Brisbane-------------------------
HP: 6 (20 base)
AC: 17
Hero Points: 1

===== Reactions =====


===== Actions =====
 

Ongoing Effects and Daily Use Things

Ongoing Effects:
 


Remaining Resources:

 

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

valerica_token.png.64345f8b064136895064b2bf1502d39e.png

Valerica Radache
Human
Precision Ranger 1 'The Owl'
Pathbuilder Sheet * Mythweavers Sheet


HP: 20/20 | AC:18 | Speed: 30' |Senses: Normal | Lang: Common; Dwarven

Perception +7 | Fort +6 | Ref +9| Will +5| Hero Pts: 2


Valerica moves quickly, but safely, to get down from the roof. When she rejoins the group she returns Caltrix's grappling hook to her, reclaimed from where it had been tied up on the roof. She surveys the scene in the warehouse and sees the dead thugs. The weight of what they'd just done settles in. They deserved it. She wasn't sure she fully believed that, but she tells herself all the same.

"I could use a bandage to go with this healing, and thank you, Aquila was it?

Valerica snaps back from her thoughts at the mention of someone in need. It's the big guy in the group; the dangerous one. Carthen. If Valerica was being honest, he scared her. Several of the group were just people that Lamm's lives had touched in horrific ways, but Carthen didn't look like he was a stranger to violence. Still, if they were going to get their vengeance, they needed each other.

"Here, let me." Valerica steps forward, pulling out her healer's tools.

 

OOC

 

 

ACTIONS

Treat Wounds on Carthen

 

Name
Treat Wounds (Carthen)
19
1d20+5 14
Healing
7
2d8 3,4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carthen

PhotoRoom-20240130_094901.png.46e0d3ae92f14f870315ca895482eb06.png

Carthen looked at Valerica as they came to administer their own brand of treatment. He sniffed, mostly to loosen the blood pooled in his nostrils but it could easily be mistaken for an animal smelling fear.

He followed their directions as asked, lifting his arms and allowing the best access to his wounds. All the while he kept his gaze steadily on their face, impassive face only twitching with pain on the tender spots. As Valerica finished he rotated his arms and nodded, "Thank you. I appreciate your attention." It seemed almost forced but felt genuine, his appreciation obviously not being doled out much in the past.

 

OOC and Actions

Carthen Brisbane-------------------------
HP: 13 (20 base)
AC: 17
Hero Points: 1

===== Reactions =====


===== Actions =====
 

Ongoing Effects and Daily Use Things

Ongoing Effects:
 


Remaining Resources:

 

 
Carthen

PhotoRoom-20240130_094901.png.46e0d3ae92f14f870315ca895482eb06.png

Carthen wipes his bloody hands on Ruffio's clothes and turns to to Ionacu, "I could use a bandage to go with this healing, and thank you, Aquila was it? We should take stock and then head down.

"He is certainly ready for us so whomever goes first needs to be sharp eyed and quick footed."

 

OOC and Actions

Carthen Brisbane-------------------------
HP: 6 (20 base)
AC: 17
Hero Points: 1

===== Reactions =====


===== Actions =====
 

Ongoing Effects and Daily Use Things

Ongoing Effects:
 


Remaining Resources:

 

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

token_1.png.89de49c37e89361f2a64c21ee7e4cefd.pngCaltrix Nimblesquirl
Twilight Halfling; Acrobat; Rogue (Thief; 1); (TBA) Archetype; Harrow Card: 'The Locksmith'


 

HP: 13/15 AC:17: Explorer's | Speed: 25' |Senses: Low-light vision; Keen Eyes | Lang: Common; Halfling; Gnome; Varisian

Perception (E): +7 | Fort (T): +4 | Ref (E): +9| Will (E): +7 |

| Skills | Attributes | Attacks | Sneak Atk Dmg |Hero Pts.: 2


Caltrix_HeroForge.png.420877772c107e646505809a6af16979.png

Fishery (Post 1st Combat):

 "We should take stock and then head down."

 

What I recall from looking down from the warehouse roof (see OOC) is that there are two areas below: an enclosed building space 'that way' - pointing to the westto the bottom of the map from where we are currently standing - that is, below the area from which you folks entered: below where we are here is just above the water supported by piers. Then, there is the trawler: Daggergirl said that Lamm's 'den' was in the hold below deck.

Maybe we could bring down the bodies of some of those you dealt with above? The Devilfish could be distracted were they to be offered a meal, perhaps?

Then, looking at the unconscious Ruffio, she added: maybe best to tie up our friend 'Fabio' here, eh? (see OOC below)

With that, the little halfling sets to securing his legs and arms along with a gag that (might) allow him to breath. I wouldn't mind feeding you to the 'fish,' my whip-bearing friend, she muttered more-or-less to herself.

Could anyone make use of this whip? she asks the group whilst doing so.

She also looks for a barrel of fresh water: if one is available, she'll at least quickly dunk her head to clean off the muck.

image.png.9c353d20b58ccab182af970caadc77b0.png

OOC

Basing orientation from GM's 6APR post.

My thievery DC is 17 which would be Ruffio's Escape DC from being tied up. If anyone else could set a higher DC by some ability or skill or equipment, Caltrix will defer.

 

ACTIONS

Ties up Ruffio (DC = 17) unless another can do better.

Looks for some fresh water to clear herself off a bit.

 

 


 

 

 

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carthen

PhotoRoom-20240130_094901.png.46e0d3ae92f14f870315ca895482eb06.png

"I was thinking something similar, in so far as to drop a body down to set off any possible traps.

" I will take that whip and Caltrix, wash yourself off, you stink."

 

OOC and Actions

Carthen Brisbane-------------------------
HP: 13 (20 base)
AC: 17
Hero Points: 1

===== Reactions =====


===== Actions =====
 

Ongoing Effects and Daily Use Things

Ongoing Effects:
 


Remaining Resources:

 

 
Edited by Whitehart09 (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngAquila | HP 20/20 | AC 17 | Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +3 | Speed: 25 | Perception: +3
Hero Points: 2/3 | Kinetic Gate: Open
| Conditions: None | Effects: 


Aquila nods at her companions as they receive her healing and offer acknowledgement.

"While it seems a bit gruesome... they attacked us. This isn't the time or place to feel sorry for them. If they can help prevent us from being devilfish-food, let them serve that purpose in our place." She grimaces, but there's not much to be done for it.

With Valerica offering her time to bandage up Carthen, Aquila channels her healing waters once more for both Carthen and Lira.

"It's no cleric's holy mending, but hopefully it helps soothe those wounds. As for Caltrix... I can help with the muck as well."


OOC & Actions

Aquila spends a couple rounds, as Val finishes bandaging Carthen she heals Lira again, then Carthen right after the Treat Wounds is over to maximize our time.
Then, assuming there's an empty bucket, Aquila can use Base Kinesis to generate pure, fresh water.

 

Name
Ocean's Balm healing (Lira)
1
1d8 1
Ocean's Balm healing (Carthen)
8
1d8 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...