Chapter 1: Welcome to the Witchlight Carnival!

Welcome to the Witchlight Carnival!

The first stars of night twinkle above the apricot sunset. Giant dragonflies whir overhead, trailing streamers, and a low mist curls over the ground. Through a floral archway, you glimpse wondrous and vibrant creatures—elf stilt walkers, dancing faeries, and painted performers. Everywhere there is laughter, pixie dust, bubbles, and the wistful tune of a whistling calliope.

It is at this time that five of our heroes find themselves standing in awe as they take in the hints of what is to be seen at the Witchlight Carnival. For them, the Witchlight Carnival has returned and old feelings from childhood have returned to the surface, and have overwhelmed any sense or memory of what they were doing before they beheld this familiar and yet foreign sight. Whatever spell that was placed on these five have worn off, and their feelings of longing return as clearly as though it were only yesterday.

As for the sixth hero, for Chit'Thal, it's just another day at the Witchlight Carnival as a Witchlight Hand. For work purposes, he has been drawn to near the entrance to take care of something that needs to be fixed at the Ticket Booth. There Chit'Thal would see five faces...that seem strangely familiar...

The Ticket Booth

A silver statue of a dancing faerie is mounted on the roof of this ticket booth and surrounded by fluttering butterflies. The booth is decorated with an animated depiction of the night sky, with shooting stars arcing across it.

An elderly goblin perches behind the ticket counter, peering at the five heroes quizzically through a spyglass. He lowers the spyglass and calls out to them,

"Greetings, fair fairgoers!"

spacer.pngSiegfried Duval

Human Dilettante, Illusionist 

AC: 13 (Base) | HP: 9/9 () | HD: 1/1 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +3
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 12, Investigation 16.
Str: 10 (0) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 18 (+4) | Wis: 14 (+2) | Cha: 17 (+3)
Languages: Common, Elven
Spell Slots: L1 2/2 |

Siegfried stood before the carnival dressed in his favourite lurid purple pinstripe trousers with matching waistcoat, an equally loud velvet top hat perched above the kind of manicured face that only came with a lifetime of good nutrition and grooming. Both hands rested idly on his ornate goldtopped cane as he chased faint whispers around his memory. The entire scene amazed him, a riot of colour and commotion. Yes this was exactly what he would do today!

He strode boldly towards the ticket booth in answer to the goblins call, a broad smile on his face as he presented the amethyst clasped in the handle of his cane and called forth his own illusory butterfly to briefly join the mass. Four others seemed to be making the same journey as he, an eclectic mix, and he turned to the one nearest as they all approached. "This looks like a marvellous evening! Have you been before?" he inquired.

Before he realised it they were before the elderly goblin, who read off the entry prices with crooked green finger running down the adjacent sign. "Here, let me," he offered his latest companion, sliding two gold coins across the counter.

OOC

Action: -

Bonus Action: -

Movement: -

Reaction: -

Object Interaction: -

Concentration: -

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Unarmed . Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 bludgeoning damage.

Quarterstaff . Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 (1d8) bludgeoning damage. Versatile

Light Crossbow . Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage. Loading, Two-Handed

Bonus Actions:

-

Reactions:

-

Class Features:

Arcane Recovery . 1/1 Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.

spacer.pngIlse is dressed much more drably than everyone else around her. She wears dark colors and her clothing is sturdy cottons rather than the elegant silks of the upper crust. Ilse walks like someone who's daydreaming, paying very little attention to her surroundings. She nearly bumps into Siegfried as he stops at the counter. "Yes." She responds to his question a little too long after he asks it.

Gavin Hopsalot 

NpiTLZ5r9KoiOqWzRrGi--4--lm79r.jpg.52931851ba1ffd96c7b2bcc5404c3e46.jpg

Statblock

Gavin Hopsalot
Harengon  Ranger 1 NG

AC 15 HP 12 Speed 30ft 

Str 10 (0) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 16 (3) Int 14 (2) Cha 10 (0)

Saves: Str 2 Dex 6 Con 2 Wis 3 Int 2 Cha 0

Passive Perception: 15

Passive Insight: 13

Passive Investigation: 14

Initiative: 6

Attacks
Short Sword +2 to hit damage: 1d6+2
Short Sword 2 to hit damage: 1d6+2
Long Bow +6 to hit damage: 1d8+2

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Athletics +0
Acrobatics +4
Stealth +8
Sleight of Hand +4
Arcana +2
History +2
Investigation +4
Nature +4
Religion +2
Animal Handling +3
Insight +3
Medicine +3
Perception +5
Survival +5
Deception +2
Intimidation +0
Performance +0
Persuasion +0

Feats and Abilities 

Racial features:
Hare Trigger:  You can add your proficiency bonus to your Initiative. 
Leporine Senses:  You have proficiency in the Perception Skill.
Lucky Footwork:  When you fail a Dexterity saving throw, you can use your reaction to roll a d4 and add it to your saving throw, potentially turning the failure into a success. You can't use this reaction if you are prone or your speed is 0.
Rabbit Hop:  As a bonus action, you can jump a distance equal to five times your proficiency bonus, without provoking opportunity attacks. You can use this trait only if your speed is greater than 0. You can use it a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, an you regain all expended uses after a long rest.

Background features:  
Skill proficiency: Deception and Survival 
Tool Proficiency: Mandolin
Language: Elven 
Equipment: Mandolin, Large iron fingernail, child's parasol covered in moss and leaves, sprig of Rosemary wrapped with ribbon at one end, travelers clothes, and Pouch of 8 gp.
Fey Mark: Bunny Tail
Feywild Visitor: Unicorn

Class Features:
Proficiencies

Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Tools: None
Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity
Skills: Choose three from Animal Handling, Athletics, Insight, Investigation, Nature, Perception, Stealth, and Survival

Equipment

You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:

(a) scale mail or (b) leather armor(a) two shortswords or (b) two simple melee weapons(a) a dungeoneer's pack or (b) an explorer's packA longbow and a quiver of 20 arrows

Favored Foe (Optional)

This 1st-level feature replaces the Favored Enemy feature and works with the Foe Slayer feature. You gain no benefit from the replaced feature and don't qualify for anything in the game that requires it.

When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature's extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.
Deft Explorer (Optional)

This 1st-level feature replaces the Natural Explorer feature. You gain no benefit from the replaced feature and don't qualify for anything in the game that requires it.

You are an unsurpassed explorer and survivor, both in the wilderness and in dealing with others on your travels. You gain the Canny benefit below, and you gain an additional benefit when you reach 6th level and 10th level in this class.

Canny (1st Level)

Choose one of your skill proficiencies. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make using the chosen skill.

You can also speak, read, and write 2 additional languages of your choice.

Roving (6th Level)

Your walking speed increases by 5, and you gain a climbing speed and a swimming speed equal to your walking speed.

Tireless (10th Level)

As an action, you can give yourself a number of temporary hit points equal to 1d8 + your Wisdom modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point). You can use this action a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

In addition, whenever you finish a short rest, your exhaustion level, if any, is decreased by 1.

Languages: Draconic, Elven, Common, Sylvan, and Goblin

Spells

None currently

Equipment

Equipment:

2x Short Sword

Long Bow w/ 20 arrows

Leather Armor

Mandolin

Large iron fingernail

Child parasol covered in moss and leaves

Spig of Rosemary wrapped in a ribbon on one end.

Pouch

Travelers clothes

Explorer's pack

Gavin glances around at those other travelers that seemed to be drawn to this place. It appears that two of them are humans, a Kenku, a Thri Kreen, and a Tiefling. Definitely a diverse group to be sure. He was curious as to what drew the others here, As he continued to glance around his feeling of longing of something lost was stronger than ever before. He hoped this place would have the answers he was looking for, he was at his wits end.

He responds to the one humans question at the same time the other human did as well. "I was here once before as a child, I think I lost something here. I am hoping I can find it again."

he smiles at all of them before he continues on, "My name is Gavin Hopsalot. I feel like my ancestors were trying to be funny when they decided on our last name. To be clear, I only hop a little if I have to, and then only sparingly."

OOC

Just an opening post to get us started.

Jasmine Hart Warlock

AC 14 HP 10 Speed 30ft passive perception 12

Str 12 (1) Dex 17 (3) Con 15 (2) Wis 14 (2) Int 12 (1) Cha 16 (3)

Saves Bold - proficient str +1 Dex +3 Con +2 Wis +4 Int +1 Cha +5

image.png.9093efe491afcd6614207abb7e0875fd.png

"Sir you are mistaken I have never been to this carnival before. In truth my parents sent me to fetch something they lost. I am Jasmine of the Hart family." Giving a proper curtsy to the group. She holds out her hand expectedly to the wizard before ignoring the gold and paying her own way. She tugs her long yellow braid going over shoulder as she speaks. Everything about her dress is prim and proper her light leather armor is emblazoned with her family crest a leaping stag.

"Please let this work please let this work." Jasmine frantically thought as she eyed the ticket both.

statblock

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2882583
tiefling warlock 1

Skills Bold-proficient

Arcana +3

Athletics +1

Deception +5

History +3

Insight +2

Investigation +1

Medicine +2

Nature +1

Perception +2

Performance +3

Persuasion +5

Religion +1

Sleight of hand +3

Stealth +3

Survival +2

Attacks
eldritch blast 1d20+5 1d10   120 ft
toll the dead wis 13 1d8/1d12   60 ft
armor of agathys  5  cold damage and temp hp self 
witch bolt 1d20+5 1d12  30 ft 

Faerie Fire DC 13 Dex save advantage

Sleep 5d8 hp starting with the lowest

quarterstaff  1d20+3  1d6+1 0ne handed 1d8+1 two handed
dagger 1d20+5 1d4+3 range 20/60ft
light crossbow 1d20+5 1d8+3 two handed range 80/320

fey presence wisdom save DC 13 10 ft cube frightened or charmed

ASI Tiefling per Tasha's +1 charisma +2 Dexterity

Darkvision, 
You can see in darkness (shades of gray) up to 60 ft.

Hellish Resistance
You have resistance to fire damage.

Infernal 
You know the thaumaturgy cantrip. [3rd] You can cast hellish rebuke (2nd) once per long rest. [5th] You can cast darkness once per long rest. CHA is your spellcasting ability.

Thaumaturgy(Cantrip)

Noble
Feature: Position of Privilege

Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you. You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are. The common folk make every effort to accommodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member of the same social sphere. You can secure an audience with a local noble if you need to.

spells

will detail if accepted

Charisma save Dc13 spell attack +5

thaumaturgy

toll the dead

eldritch blast

armor of agathys

Witch bolt

faerie fire

sleep

OOC

Bonus Action: -

Concentration: -

Edited by drealynn (see edit history)

EEEEK!

Kenku, Investigator - Rogue 1image.png.d099a329558becda999d557fcf363d14.png
image.png.30b924e658ca3da1577a1e996d5a58f6.png

AC: 15 | HP: 8/8 | Init: +3 | PP: 17

Sneak Attack: 1d6 | DM Inspiration: 0

The little Kenku flinched slightly as the elderly goblin called out to the group. He'd been lost in his own thoughts, jaw slack, beak open and eyes wide as he peered through the archway at the delights within...was it...could it be here?

The intrusion brought him back to the real world with a thump. Before he could respond a gaudily dressed human had stepped up to pay for a ticket, joined by a mismatched group who all seemed as entranced by the delights within as he was.

Hopping forwards cautiously, head tilted to one side, he quietly cleared his throat before introducing himself.

"EEEEK!" he squeaked, almost a cry of surprise. At the raised eyebrows he received in return, he explained "...that's...ummm...that's my name...EEEEK!...my name, see!"

He dug deep into his coin pouch and pulled out a shiny coin to pay his way...for some reason he knew that was important...if he could only remember why?

"I'm....ummm...well, I'm not sure if I've been here before or not, if I'm quite honest...but I'm hoping it'll all come back to me..."

EEEEK! turned to Jasmine and Gavin and smiled sheepishly. "I'd be happy to help you look for whatever it is you've lost...it's...ummm, well...it's kinda what I love to do...and with a bit of luck...TOUCH WOOD!" he exclaimed, rapping loudly on the counter of the ticket booth and crossing his fingers.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: none
Bonus Action: none
Move: none
Manipulate: none

spacer.pngIlse looks at each person when they introduce themselves. She quietly repeats each name to herself. "Gavin Hopsalot. Jasmine. Eek." EEEEK!'s name is said calmly with no attempt to shout it as he had. She then turns to examine Siegfried. His flamboyance and style certainly stand out in the city, large as it is. "Familiar." She doesn't know his name, though. "As much as I can recall, the carnival is exciting. Flowers... Mirrors... Trees... Sweets... Tents and wagons, not like Waterdeep. No buildings." Each item is added after a pause as Ilse sorts through her hazy memories from childhood.

Str: 10 (0) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 18 (+4) | Wis: 14 (+2) | Cha: 17 (+3)

'Gosh, trying to get conversation from this dull specimen is like drawing blood from a stone' thought Siegfried as the pale woman moved in a daze. Perhaps she was just overwhelmed by the vibrancy, since she was clearly lacking in the same. Luckily the rabbit-man - Harengon maybe? he vaguely recalled - jumped in. Siegfried cracked a smile at the name. "I imagine that it must be a bore, to have to open each introduction as such. Here as a child you say? Perhaps a common theme... it does have a familiar ring. Then again, childhood memories are such tricky things. A trip down memory lane to refresh them much needed." His eyes were once again drawn past the tents, towards the wonders within.

The Tiefling jumped in with her own introduction and Siegfried took her hand almost reflexively, offering a kiss upon its back as he shook himself free of his own daze. 'Hart, why does that ring a bell,' he thought for a moment, eyes lingering on the crest with slight frown. He straightened again, before it would become improper, and wiped a smile over his face once more. "A pleasure I'm sure, though there's no need to be so defensive - I was asking rather than accusing, even if it seems you're becoming the odd one out. "

"Oh but where are my own manners!" he turned to the rest of their impromptu group, and tipped his burgundy velvet tophat "Siegfried Duval, just a guest like yourself today, though I'd love to be able to do half the things I see past this booth."

He continued to chew over the puzzle of Jasmine Hart whilst the strange - and still nameless - shadow mused. Suddenly he clicked his fingers with a flourish. "Aha! Jasmine Hart!" he crowed "I'm sorry it took me a moment. Well, at least now I know for sure we're all in for an adventure this evening. The famous wild child of the Harts would surely never do anything dull!" He turned to the little bird folk, adding with an overdone conspiratorial wink "Perhaps it's our way home you'll have to be finding!"

OOC

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Unarmed . Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 bludgeoning damage.

Quarterstaff . Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 (1d8) bludgeoning damage. Versatile

Light Crossbow . Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage. Loading, Two-Handed

Bonus Actions:

-

Reactions:

-

Class Features:

Arcane Recovery . 1/1 Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.

Gavin Hopsalot 

NpiTLZ5r9KoiOqWzRrGi--4--lm79r.jpg.52931851ba1ffd96c7b2bcc5404c3e46.jpg

Statblock

Gavin Hopsalot
Harengon  Ranger 1 NG

AC 15 HP 12 Speed 30ft 

Str 10 (0) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 16 (3) Int 14 (2) Cha 10 (0)

Saves: Str 2 Dex 6 Con 2 Wis 3 Int 2 Cha 0

Passive Perception: 15

Passive Insight: 13

Passive Investigation: 14

Initiative: 6

Attacks
Short Sword +2 to hit damage: 1d6+2
Short Sword 2 to hit damage: 1d6+2
Long Bow +6 to hit damage: 1d8+2

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Athletics +0
Acrobatics +4
Stealth +8
Sleight of Hand +4
Arcana +2
History +2
Investigation +4
Nature +4
Religion +2
Animal Handling +3
Insight +3
Medicine +3
Perception +5
Survival +5
Deception +2
Intimidation +0
Performance +0
Persuasion +0

Feats and Abilities 

Racial features:
Hare Trigger:  You can add your proficiency bonus to your Initiative. 
Leporine Senses:  You have proficiency in the Perception Skill.
Lucky Footwork:  When you fail a Dexterity saving throw, you can use your reaction to roll a d4 and add it to your saving throw, potentially turning the failure into a success. You can't use this reaction if you are prone or your speed is 0.
Rabbit Hop:  As a bonus action, you can jump a distance equal to five times your proficiency bonus, without provoking opportunity attacks. You can use this trait only if your speed is greater than 0. You can use it a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, an you regain all expended uses after a long rest.

Background features:  
Skill proficiency: Deception and Survival 
Tool Proficiency: Mandolin
Language: Elven 
Equipment: Mandolin, Large iron fingernail, child's parasol covered in moss and leaves, sprig of Rosemary wrapped with ribbon at one end, travelers clothes, and Pouch of 8 gp.
Fey Mark: Bunny Tail
Feywild Visitor: Unicorn

Class Features:
Proficiencies

Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Tools: None
Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity
Skills: Choose three from Animal Handling, Athletics, Insight, Investigation, Nature, Perception, Stealth, and Survival

Equipment

You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:

(a) scale mail or (b) leather armor(a) two shortswords or (b) two simple melee weapons(a) a dungeoneer's pack or (b) an explorer's packA longbow and a quiver of 20 arrows

Favored Foe (Optional)

This 1st-level feature replaces the Favored Enemy feature and works with the Foe Slayer feature. You gain no benefit from the replaced feature and don't qualify for anything in the game that requires it.

When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature's extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.
Deft Explorer (Optional)

This 1st-level feature replaces the Natural Explorer feature. You gain no benefit from the replaced feature and don't qualify for anything in the game that requires it.

You are an unsurpassed explorer and survivor, both in the wilderness and in dealing with others on your travels. You gain the Canny benefit below, and you gain an additional benefit when you reach 6th level and 10th level in this class.

Canny (1st Level)

Choose one of your skill proficiencies. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make using the chosen skill.

You can also speak, read, and write 2 additional languages of your choice.

Roving (6th Level)

Your walking speed increases by 5, and you gain a climbing speed and a swimming speed equal to your walking speed.

Tireless (10th Level)

As an action, you can give yourself a number of temporary hit points equal to 1d8 + your Wisdom modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point). You can use this action a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

In addition, whenever you finish a short rest, your exhaustion level, if any, is decreased by 1.

Languages: Draconic, Elven, Common, Sylvan, and Goblin

Spells

None currently

Equipment

Equipment:

2x Short Sword

Long Bow w/ 20 arrows

Leather Armor

Mandolin

Large iron fingernail

Child parasol covered in moss and leaves

Spig of Rosemary wrapped in a ribbon on one end.

Pouch

Travelers clothes

Explorer's pack

Gavin gives an exasperated sigh as Siegfried made his comment about his name. "You have no idea how hard it is to be taken seriously. I think the only race that has it harder with you humans would be a Tabaxi. People get this weird idea that they can pet me because I look like a bunny. Don't let the looks fool you, you try and pet me and I will bite you."

he nods his head at Eeeek, "I am not one hundred percent sure of what it is I have lost, I just feel a sense of lost to my memory of this place. Though I know it was through here that I left my beloved feywild."

OOC

Gemini_Generated_Image(4).jpg.9420f8aa50ff62a6305d713d34eb16ee.jpg.2325a6479c2aa79ea86a056fb9e90d13.jpgName Chit'Thal | Class Artificer 1 | AC: 15 | HP: 10/10 | Prof: +2 | PP: 11 | Saves: Str +1 / Dex +2 / Con +4 / Int +6 / Wis +1 / Cha -1 |

Special Abilities darkvision, Carnival Companion, Carnival Fixture, Magical Tinkering, Chameleon Carapace, Secondary Arms, Sleepless, Telepathy, Ritual Casting 

Attacks: Lt Hammer | +3 | 1d6+1 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +4 | 1d8+2 piercing (80/320)

Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 14 | Spell Attack +6 | Hit Dice d8 (1/1) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Mending, Acid Splash

Level 1 | (2/2) | Tasha's Caustic brew, Grease, Alarm, Catapult

A strange insect like humanoid with 4 arms is working repairing some siding on the ticket booth. Using tools from his leather apron he rapidly nails in the wood and paints it to match while you are talking to each other. He looks up from his work and approaches putting away his tools and straightening his apron. His mandibles make a funny clicking sound as he begins to speak "Greetings and welcome to the Witchlight Carnival. I am Chit'Thal (which mostly sounds like funny clicking noises), but folks around here call me Fixit. I hope you will forgive me, but I couldn't help hearing that some of you had lost things at the carnival. I too have lost something, but I can't remember what it was. You all seem familiar and I am not sure why, which is odd. Do you mind if I join you for the day? Perhaps we could help each other. It is my day off." It is a bit disconcerting to look at his multiple eyes.

Mechanics

MOVE: approaches the party

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: none

REACTION: none

CONCENTRATION: none

OOC: hope it is okay that I said it is his day off.

Edited by WolfBirch (see edit history)

Jasmine Hart Warlock

image.png.9093efe491afcd6614207abb7e0875fd.png

Jasmine holds back a wince at the reference to her more rebellious streak but for once holds her tongue. As her auntie had once said "Your temper is like a fire let it run hot and low to keep it from bursting." She was here for one reason and that was to make everyone see her as she was, to find her friend. Small flames would flicker on her hands for moment before winking out as she controlled her emotions. Now that she was finally focused she could admire the strange group and especially the bug thing addressing them. "A Thri Kreen, a Haragon a Kenku, a teifling and two humans it seems like a start to some grand fairy tale or a joke. By all means it seems we have guide and a quest assuming no one objects?" She would glance at the group with a small smile. A hint of mischief in her eyes as she starts to admire the sights and sounds of the carnival.

statblock

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2882583
tiefling warlock 1

Skills Bold-proficient

Arcana +3

Athletics +1

Deception +5

History +3

Insight +2

Investigation +1

Medicine +2

Nature +1

Perception +2

Performance +3

Persuasion +5

Religion +1

Sleight of hand +3

Stealth +3

Survival +2

Attacks
eldritch blast 1d20+5 1d10   120 ft
toll the dead wis 13 1d8/1d12   60 ft
armor of agathys  5  cold damage and temp hp self 
witch bolt 1d20+5 1d12  30 ft 

Faerie Fire DC 13 Dex save advantage

Sleep 5d8 hp starting with the lowest

quarterstaff  1d20+3  1d6+1 0ne handed 1d8+1 two handed
dagger 1d20+5 1d4+3 range 20/60ft
light crossbow 1d20+5 1d8+3 two handed range 80/320

fey presence wisdom save DC 13 10 ft cube frightened or charmed

ASI Tiefling per Tasha's +1 charisma +2 Dexterity

Darkvision, 
You can see in darkness (shades of gray) up to 60 ft.

Hellish Resistance
You have resistance to fire damage.

Infernal 
You know the thaumaturgy cantrip. [3rd] You can cast hellish rebuke (2nd) once per long rest. [5th] You can cast darkness once per long rest. CHA is your spellcasting ability.

Thaumaturgy(Cantrip)

Noble
Feature: Position of Privilege

Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you. You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are. The common folk make every effort to accommodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member of the same social sphere. You can secure an audience with a local noble if you need to.

spells

will detail if accepted

Charisma save Dc13 spell attack +5

thaumaturgy

toll the dead

eldritch blast

armor of agathys

Witch bolt

faerie fire

sleep

OOC

Bonus Action: -

Concentration: -

EEEEK!

Kenku, Investigator - Rogue 1image.png.d099a329558becda999d557fcf363d14.png
image.png.30b924e658ca3da1577a1e996d5a58f6.png

AC: 15 | HP: 8/8 | Init: +3 | PP: 17

Sneak Attack: 1d6 | DM Inspiration: 0

EEEEK! nodded as Gavin described his feeling of loss and his vague memories of this place. It's a feeling that's all too familiar to the youngster.

Suddenly, the little Kenku"s eyes went wide as a strange insect-like creature approached them. For a moment it seemed as though he might turn tail and flee in terror, but then he visibly relaxed as the newcomer introduced himself.

"Your help would be....ummm...greatly appreciated...ummm...Mr Fixit sir!" he squeaked, nervously, before whispering to Jasmine "What did you...umm...call him? Try-key? I've never met a......" His voice tailed off as he realised he was standing, knock-kneed and open-mouthed as he stared at the creature .

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: none
Bonus Action: none
Move: none
Manipulate: none

"Nor I," added Siegfried as the strange bug - or rather person - came up to them. Though now he thought, perhaps he did recall a faint memory of such a creature. "I think I recognise the name though. Are your people from Calisham? Or are they another Feywild creation Gavin? Either way, we would be most grateful for a guide through this wondrous fair. You'll know the best places to visit if you work here." He stepped forward to follow 'Fixit', doing his best to ignore the fluttering of magic around the tiefling. A sensitive subject perhaps. Or her reputation as a particularly 'fiery' youth well earned.

OOC

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

-

Reactions:

-

Class Features:

Gemini_Generated_Image(4).jpg.9420f8aa50ff62a6305d713d34eb16ee.jpg.2325a6479c2aa79ea86a056fb9e90d13.jpgName Chit'Thal | Class Artificer 1 | AC: 15 | HP: 10/10 | Prof: +2 | PP: 11 | Saves: Str +1 / Dex +2 / Con +4 / Int +6 / Wis +1 / Cha -1 |

Special Abilities darkvision, Carnival Companion, Carnival Fixture, Magical Tinkering, Chameleon Carapace, Secondary Arms, Sleepless, Telepathy, Ritual Casting 

Attacks: Lt Hammer | +3 | 1d6+1 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +4 | 1d8+2 piercing (80/320)

Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 14 | Spell Attack +6 | Hit Dice d8 (1/1) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Mending, Acid Splash

Level 1 | (2/2) | Tasha's Caustic brew, Grease, Alarm, Catapult

Chit'Thal nods unsurprised by Eeek!'s reaction. He is pleased they have have accepted him so quickly. "Thank you. I am a Thri-kreen. I come from a world known as Kharr'tul. I came to the carnival as a youngling and snuck in without paying. That is when I lost something. But I gained something as well. Mr. Witch and Mr. Light agreed to take me on as a worker. I fix things for them as we travel around between different worlds and planes of existence. Unfortunately I don't ride the rides so I couldn't tell you what is most fun. I think that everything at the carnival is wonderful, you can't go wrong. Once you have secured your tickets you can come and see all of the wonderful things that there are to see."

OOC: I am assuming that we need to wait for the DM before entering the carnival. Does Chit'Thal need to buy a ticket or can we assume that since he works here he can go for free?

Mechanics

MOVE: none

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: none

REACTION: none

CONCENTRATION: none

OOC: hope it is okay that I said it is his day off.

spacer.png"Siegfried Duval. Chit'Thal" Ilse continues softly repeating names after everyone introduces themselves. She does eventually realize that everyone has given a name except her. "Ilse." She mentions without preamble. "I also answer to hey you." Her tone is still flat, and she doesn't really smile, so if she means it as a joke, her delivery is terrible. "I will do my best to find what people are looking for."