Chapter 1.3

Penchant

With nothing left to glean from the creature, the party leaves it to finish it's rot in the waste. They saddle up and head back to town. Along the way, they spot the Imperial ship heading away from the town, beginning it's patrol route.

Once back at HQ, they find Judge Stone at a desk in the downstairs working on paperwork. "Howdy there Marshals! I see everyone is hale an hearty. I trust that beast was no more than a dune rat?" There are a number of wanted posters on the display board newly minted by the Judge.

spacer.pngLucienne 'Lucky Luce' Karsteiner, Marshall

AC currently 30  with concealment 50%

Female Occultist (Haunt Collector)

Lawful Neutral

Level 10 Init 2 HP 88/88 DR 0, Speed 20'
AC 29 Touch 14 Flat-footed 27 CMD 28

Fort 11 Ref 8 Will 13 (15 vs enchantments/compulsions) CMB +13 BAB 7  

Fauchard+18 (1d10+11, 18-20/x2) Training, +1 Magic, Trip, Reach, [Adamantine +1 to hit]
Cesti +13 (1d4, 19-20/x2) C. Iron/Alch. Silver

Full Plate Armor Magic +2, Mithril Magic

Full Shield Darkwood

11 Armor, 3 Shield, 2 Dex, 1 Natural, 2 Deflect

Str 22 Dex 14 Con 12 Int 22 Wis 12 Cha 8

Spells

0 (*) Detect Magic, Detect Psychic Significance, Ghost Sound, Mending, Mage Hand

1 (7/7) Lead Blades, Shield, Heightened Awareness, Vanish, Liberating Command

2 (6/6) Versatile Weaponry, Bullet Shield, Node of Blasting, Mirror Image, Rope Trick

3rd (4/4) Resist Energy (Communal), Invisibility Sphere, Haste, Slow, Greater Invisibility

4th (2/2) Dimensional Anchor, Scrying, Freedom of Movement, Break Enchantment, Enchantment Foil

Condition  

Constant: Low Light Vision/Darkvision 60'/See Invisible/See Undead/See Unliving

Powers Abjuration 5/6 Divination 9/9 Illusion 2/2 Transmutation 5/6 

Constant (Resonant Powers)

Divination +3 to Perception, Low Light Vision, Darkvision, See Invisibility.

Transmutation Temporary +4 to Strength

Guardian +1 to CMD

Champion +2 to Non Spell Damage

Trappings +3 to BAB with Fauchard

Mental Focus Distribution 23/23

Divination 9/9

Abjuration 6/6

Transmutation 6/6

Illusion 2/2

Immediate Action Implement Abilities

Mind Barrier 2pt Cost Absorbs 20pts physical damage. [Lasts one turn]

Energy Shield 2pts Absorbs 50pts of energy damage last 1 minute

Swift Action Implement Abilities

Guardian (Abjuration) 3/3 day 1 rnd = +3 AC, Con checks, Fort saves/Reflex saves. [Lasts 1 rnd]

Champion (Illusion) 3/3 day 1rd = +3 on attacks, non-spell damage rolls, Str checks, Str skill checks, Fort saves. [Lasts 1 rnd]

Mind Barrier (Abjuration) 1pt Cost Absorbs 20 pts physical damage [Lasts 1 rnd]

Sudden Insight (Divination) 1pt Cost +5 insight on one ability check, attack roll or skill check [Lasts 1 rnd]

Energy Shield (Abjuration) 1pt 1 min absorbs 50pts of energy damage

Standard Action Implement Abilities

Aegis Abjuration 1pt 1 min +2 Armor Powers

Mind's Eye Divination 1pt 10 minutes Create an invisible magical sensor

Minor Figment Illusion 1pt 10 minutes Ghost Sound/Minor Image

Legacy Weapon Transmutation 1pt 1 minute +2 power bonus

Quickness 1pt 10 rnds haste +2 dodge bonus +2 to hit +2 to reflex saves +1 attack at full bonus

Mind over Gravity 1pt 10 minute Fly 60' perfect maneuverability

Spells: 1st 7/7 2nd 6/6 3rd 4/4 4th 2/2 

Spells

0 (*) Detect Magic, Detect Psychic Significance, Ghost Sound, Mending, Mage Hand

2 (6/6) Versatile Weaponry, Bullet Shield, Node of Blasting, Mirror Image, Rope Trick

3rd (4/4) Resist Energy (Communal), Invisibility Sphere, Haste, Slow, Greater Invisibility

4th (2/2) Dimensional Anchor, Scrying, Freedom of Movement, Break Enchantment, Enchantment Foil

Luce, for once not looking like a statue carved out of a block of silver, smiles an easy smile, well easy for her, since her pale blue eyes look as mean as ever. Her usual martial elegance is, on this occasion besmirched by gore on her on account of her cutting plates from the thing's carapace. She had a mind to sell the location of the thing's corpse to someone with an appreciation for the value of good armor material.

"Well, the Rat you speak of was a good sixty feet long from snout to tail with tentacles to boot... but Sam ate it for breakfast before it finished eating him.", she purrs.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

Ilya

Ilya with her rifle"Just a tentacled undead abomination from times long past, sir.

All in a day's work!"

On the way back, Ilya had been replaying the encounter as she is wont to do, thinking on how to improve strategy and tactics.
But this team was off to a good start, though as usual luck had played a role.

Still covered up in dust, she sidles up to the Wanted board, to take a look.

Statblock

Ilya

HP: 68/68 [pending attack reroll to see if she got hit]
Init: +4, Perception: +20
AC: 25, TAC: 22, FFAC: 20
Fort: +8, Ref: +14, Will: +15, CMD: 28
Speed: 30ft

Deadly Shot: +22 vs touch AC (1d10+4/x4, bleed 3) -- range 160ft (320ft with Sniper's Aim)
+3d6 if expend MF
Intercept: +18 vs touch AC (1d10+4/x4, bleed 3) -- range 160ft (320ft with Sniper's Aim)
+2 / +1d6 vs Humans

[X] Martial Focus

11/20 SP

Active buffs: Sense Magic 45ft, Sniper's Eye, Tremorsense 45ft; Aiming Scope, Obscure, Chameleon, Periscope;

Mystic Warding: Lucienne, Timos

AC 29

Lawful Neutral

Fauchard+18 (1d10+11, 18-20/x2) Training, +1 Magic, Trip, Reach, [Adamantine +1 to hit]

Full Shield Darkwood

Spells

Condition  

Guardian +1 to CMD

Divination 9/9

Abjuration 6/6

Transmutation 6/6

Illusion 2/2

Guardian (Abjuration) 3/3 day 1 rnd = +3 AC, Con checks, Fort saves/Reflex saves. [Lasts 1 rnd]

Champion (Illusion) 3/3 day 1rd = +3 on attacks, non-spell damage rolls, Str checks, Str skill checks, Fort saves. [Lasts 1 rnd]

Sudden Insight (Divination) 1pt Cost +5 insight on one ability check, attack roll or skill check [Lasts 1 rnd]

Quickness 1pt 10 rnds haste +2 dodge bonus +2 to hit +2 to reflex saves +1 attack at full bonus

Spells

Luce ponders who she can talk to hereabouts about selling the location of the corpse and knowledge of its unharvested properties to, even as she joins Ilya at the warrants board. "I'm wondering if I can sell, or one of us less mean looking than I, can sell the location of the beast and knowledge of its untapped qualities, whether we can put money aside for a ransom, buy a vessel, build low cost housing for the destitute, bring in folk to clean the land.", she murmurs to Ilya.

Name
Knowledge Local (with Sudden Insight 1pt)
1d20+12 13

Ilya

Ilya with her rifleIlya blinks at Luce. Once. Then once more.

"I mean... We are Marshalls, so slightly more trustworthy than the average joe, but... selling a location? Not sure who'd buy that.
Doesn't cost much to try, though!
"

She smiles.
"As for low-cost housing, I have lots of thoughts, if you want to get together and discuss it some day. I have a 351-page plan that I'd be delighted to present to you in the minutest of details."

She then motions with her chin towards the board.

"Anything strike your fancy in there?

Personally, I like the "Wanted dead" ones, because you know they are the worst. Well, that or they are undead. But the latter is a plus for you, no? You mentioned needing to know about your target to prep.

And the second thing I notice. Not a woman on there. Are we gooder? Or do just not get noticed when we dip our toes into crimy waters?"

Statblock

Ilya

HP: 68/68 [pending attack reroll to see if she got hit]
Init: +4, Perception: +20
AC: 25, TAC: 22, FFAC: 20
Fort: +8, Ref: +14, Will: +15, CMD: 28
Speed: 30ft

Deadly Shot: +22 vs touch AC (1d10+4/x4, bleed 3) -- range 160ft (320ft with Sniper's Aim)
+3d6 if expend MF
Intercept: +18 vs touch AC (1d10+4/x4, bleed 3) -- range 160ft (320ft with Sniper's Aim)
+2 / +1d6 vs Humans

[X] Martial Focus

11/20 SP

Active buffs: Sense Magic 45ft, Sniper's Eye, Tremorsense 45ft; Aiming Scope, Obscure, Chameleon, Periscope;

Mystic Warding: Lucienne, Timos

AC 29

Lawful Neutral

Full Shield Darkwood

Spells

Condition  

Guardian +1 to CMD

Divination 9/9

Abjuration 6/6

Transmutation 6/6

Illusion 2/2

Spells

Luce sniggers at Ilya's housing plan. "Might take a little while, but I expect someone interested in a heap of adamantium will come to mind." she remarks a touch sarcastically. "I'll let the query bounce around the back of my head, until the answer pops."

Having said this, she turns her gaze back to the board and answers Ilya's question.. "I was thinking Sebastian Jorel or dead Eddie, but in truth I usually know what I'm up against when I see it. Of the two I suspect Sebastian will be the tougher of the two."

Sam’s mask lowered and around his neck he rubs the scruff on his chin and pulls the astrolabe from beneath his shirt. With it in hand he closed his eyes.

“We got lucky judge, that’s all. Easy as that. Now me. Personally, I’m with Luce. She’s made some good choices. Now I may be personally motivated but I do belief we start with the top dog on the list and bag us a blasphemer. What ya’ll think?

AC 29

Lawful Neutral

Full Shield Darkwood

Spells

Condition  

Guardian +1 to CMD

Divination 9/9

Abjuration 6/6

Transmutation 6/6

Illusion 2/2

Spells

Luce, mean eyed as ever, not one to ever impress as the friendly neighborhood cop, nods at this from Sam. "I'm up for it.", she purrs huskily, something which contrasts with her posh elocution. "The others seem to be more a nuisance. A necromancer could be a one man plague, especially if it's a question of him making undead that can spawn others. That gets really bad really fast.", she concludes.

The Judge looks up from his desk, "Oh you all should be aware. I have pulled in a few favors and imported two new Marshals for this assignment. Pressure from the Directorate to improve conditions here has increased and I made it clear that I can't do that without a sufficient constabulary. They saw fit to leave me to my own means so I had to get crafty. Be sure to be personable and don't get them dead, you hear?"

AC 29

Lawful Neutral

Full Shield Darkwood

Spells

Condition  

Guardian +1 to CMD

Divination 9/9

Abjuration 6/6

Transmutation 6/6

Illusion 2/2

Spells

"Here's hoping they last longer than TJ.", replies Luce, apparently not miffed at that worthy's recent exit. She figures you either had what it took to do this job or you didn't... not something to get riled over. She walks over to a bottle of whisky she keeps on the premises to wash the dust out her mouth and helps herself to a shot. She looks up, meets the boss' sceptical gaze. "What? I can be hospitable.. at need.. when I'm rested.. and there's a red moon shining."

Marshal Marshal Berringer                                                                                                                                                            Character Sheet

Marshal2.jpg.dcbe354fd3bf06ba65ccdd652d8753d2.jpg

The door to the Judge's office opened and a fair-haired man of medium build and no particularly distinguished good looks entered. He was dressed in functional black oiled leathers, a long riding coat suitable for both beast and bike, with a wide brimmed hat and a most extraordinary black metal shield come pauldron affixed to his left arm. He was a walking tool shop with a body harness strung about with every manner of device, vial, syringe, cannister, pocket and pouch. Over one shoulder was slung a rifle while at his right hip was a short stubby crossbow that looked nothing like a crossbow ought to, all metal gears, levers and springs.

He looked at the other three marshals in the room with extreme interest. Then smiled pleasantly.

"Good day all. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Marshal Berringer. That's Marshal as in a first name."

There was another keen appraisal. If there was one thing that was obvious between this man and the other individuals in the room it was his clothing was curiously clean and new, while his weapons showed some signs of wear and use, his outfit was clearly freshly purchased and certainly had never seen any dusty travel out in the Waste.

Edited by Thramzorean (see edit history)

AC 29

Lawful Neutral

Full Shield Darkwood

Spells

Condition  

Guardian +1 to CMD

Divination 9/9

Abjuration 6/6

Transmutation 6/6

Illusion 2/2

Spells

The ebon haired ice maiden, caught mulling over her first sip of whisky, bottle in her other hand, regards the newcomer from under heavy lidded blue eyes the colour of a blue glacier. It's a mean eyed gaze whether she wishes it to be or not. What's immediately obvious is how still she is. Most people fidget, glance towards and then away. This one takes her time to the point that she appears to be wedded to the concept of conserving energy.

Ebon haired is wearing a suit of heavily engraved plate armor. She's wearing it the way a maiden wears a summer dress. It's doubtless the heaviest armor for at least a week's travel in any direction. The full shield and nine foot polearm next to her seems to be part of the same set.

"Luce as in Lucienne, not loose.... morals. The Guv'nor here said new recruits were dropping in. So, welcome." Saying this she extends the bottle of whisky in Marshall's direction. "Enjoy the red carpet.", she concludes apparently of the opinion that a bottle of good whisky counts as such.

Dayv

Diesel2.png.f8f2381c90bef6e9813c60a7c99eeadf.pngFollowing on the heels of Marshal steps Dayv, he walks with a cane but no limp, a smirk dancing on his lips. He tips his hat to the room before removing it entirely, smoothing back his short oily hair. He is dressed well but clearly worn with slight grease marks all over, especially his hands.

"How do you do everyone, the name is Dayv. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. I shall be your driver for these forays into the wilds. I say, what have we on the docket?"

He steps over to Luce accepting the whiskey before Marshal could, he glances quickly for a glass before scooping one up and pouring two fingers.

OOC and Actions

Dayv-------------------------
HP: 98 (98 base)
AC: 20 (10 base, +4 DEX, +2 armor, +1 dodge, +1 natural, +2 deflect)
Initiative: 8

===== Reactions =====

===== Actions =====

Ongoing Effects and Daily Use Things

Ongoing Effects:

Remaining Resources:

Potions:

Items:
10 Greater Burrowing Bullet

Marshal Marshal Berringer                                                                                                                                                            Character Sheet

Marshal2.jpg.dcbe354fd3bf06ba65ccdd652d8753d2.jpg

Marshal coughed lightly into his hand with raised eyebrows for a moment at the proffered bottle in Luce's hand, the curiously old school militaristic young woman's offer of a drink seemed to have caught him a little off balance, whereupon Dayv made his entrance.

Which gave Marshal a moment to compose himself and reply with a smile as he took up the whiskey once Dayv had done with it, "Why thank you, yes, I will."

Marshal poured himself a dram and then raised the glass to toast all in the gathering. After a sip he swirled the whiskey around, a light grin on his face as if something had caught his fancy.

"Appreciated," he said to Lucienne, taking another sip.

"And niiice armour," came the polite comment though clearly sincere.

"I might have thought Luce was lucerne hammer," Marshal continued with a chuckle and a nod at the polearm.

Edited by Thramzorean (see edit history)