IC 1: The Cyber Pits of the Ant-Men

Morphling

Bunnie

HP 4/4 | AC 9 | Luck 10/10 | Art. +0 | A.I. -4 | S-1 A-2 S+0 P-2 I-1 L+0 | Speed 30 | Mutated Gibbon Ape (white fur) | Occ. Hunter | Children of the Glow

"Okay! Now we glow!" Bunnie said, seeing all the trapped people free and everyone safely across the bridge. She held her furry white arms up, splaying too many fingers out on her hands as her feet danced about a little.

"Come, no more here. Follow!" Bunnie added, following Ygg, Bamzaw and Mim.

Gruza

HP 3/3 | AC 14 | Ammo 11/12 | Luck 17/17 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S-1 A+0 S+0 P+1 I-2 L+2 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Gatherer | The Clan of Cog

Gruza nod hard. "Yes, go!"

Myycky

HP 4/4 | AC 15 | Ammo 11/12 | Luck 10/10 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S+0 A+0 S+1 P+0 I+1 L+0 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Hunter | The Clan of Cog

Myycky didn't see any reason to hang about any longer, agreeing silently to the idea to move on. Plus, the thought of being left behind scared her. "W-wait for me!" she blurted out subconsciously.

[Character sheets]

Finally, everyone is free. Well, almost everyone. When Zyx finally unsticks himself, he loses his balance and plummets off the bridge. His last sight is of the lava below, swiftly racing towards him...

Moving on after a suitable few seconds of mourning, the rest enter the southern room.

As you approach from the rough-hewn corridor, you hear a deep, loud throbbing. A light mist hangs in the warm, humid air. Looking through this mist, you see a six-foot-tall white domed structure in the center of the room, with a hole at its central tip from which the mist issues. It would take effort to explore this room due to the thickness of the mist.

Ve

"No!" Ve reaches her hand out uselessly as Zyx sinks into the lava. She feels Cinders slap a hand on her shoulder.

Cinders

"Shit happens, kid. We take our licks and press on." Ve and Cinders linger for a moment and catch up with the group. "Good lord this is thick, can't see nothin' but my own nose. You hug the left wall Ve, I'll hug the right."

Bamzaw

Bamzaw adjusts his leather sack and hunches headstrong into the mist.

Mim the Triad

"Bamzaw! Ve! Cinders!" Mim gives a whispered shout as his compatriots vanish into the haze. He turns to the party. "Lunatics, all of them. Anyone got anything to plug that hole?" he says, pointing to the dome.

Bokk

HP 4/4 | AC 13 | Luck 8/10 | S+1 A-1 S+0 P+2 I+2 L+0 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

Now this is interesting. Bokk carefully explores around the edge of the room, staying close to the left wall, following Ve, keeping his eye on the mysterious fog source in the center.

Dana

HP 1/1 | AC 11 | Luck 7/7 | S-1 A+1 S-2 P+0 I+0 L-1 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

Dana isn't sure what to make of that thing. She slowly approaches the object in the center of the room, listening carefully for any sounds of motion.

Mouse

HP 3/3 | AC 9 | Luck 8/8 | S-3 A-1 S-1 P-1 I-1 L-1 | Mutant | Hunter | Glow

Mouse knows better. That, there, is clearly something dangerous. He stays by the entrance of the room, sling at the ready. Something bad will happen, he's sure. He shrugs to Mim. "I don't got nothing. We could go back and get one of those buckets, but I don't want to cross that bridge again."

Fern

"Let's find an exit, and keep in sight of each other . "Fern orders has she leads the others forward in search of an exit

AC13 spear+0 d5-1

Grog the tracker

"We need a giant cork or made a full sized quilt to plug that hole. " Grog suggests as he follows Fern.

AC12 Spear d6 sling+1 d4

Slips-a-lot

Blinks in shock as the man falls into the lava. Then he follows the others into the mist.

AC12 spear+0 d6

Wylee

"Cursed mist is hiding something evil" mutters Wylee. Keeping his ax at the ready, he follows the others into the mist

AC12 stone axe +1 1d7+1; sling +0 1d4

As you make your way further into the room the surface of the dome itself looks as though it is moving. Soon the truth becomes clear - the white surface is actually countless ant larvae! Reminiscent of baby birds waiting to be fed, the larvae open their mouths.

image.png.66928cf5e1ccbcc762275c80bbca0876.png

Bunnie

HP 4/4 | AC 9 | Luck 10/10 | Art. +0 | A.I. -4 | S-1 A-2 S+0 P-2 I-1 L+0 | Speed 30 | Mutated Gibbon Ape (white fur) | Occ. Hunter | Children of the Glow

Bunnie shook her head. "Mist not good, but where else go?" She shrugged and followed with her shield at the ready.

When she saw the larvae, she stopped and stared with wide eyes. Terror formed at the back of her mind and began to crawl forward.

Gruza

HP 3/3 | AC 14 | Ammo 11/12 | Luck 17/17 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S-1 A+0 S+0 P+1 I-2 L+2 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Gatherer | The Clan of Cog

Gruza try moving mist. Swing hands! MUCH!! SWING! Tired now. Keep going.

Gruza see things! Many! MANY MANY!

"LOOOOK!!" Gruza shout and point worms.

Myycky

HP 4/4 | AC 15 | Ammo 11/12 | Luck 10/10 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S+0 A+0 S+1 P+0 I+1 L+0 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Hunter | The Clan of Cog

"Okay, no it's fine, just a little mist. We already saw some weird stuff, what's a little mis--OH MY COG SO MANY WORMS!!!" Myycky screamed, backing away.

[Character sheets]

Fern

Fern wrinkles her nose in disgust at the sight of the larva "Let's keep looking for an exit,". "she suggests as she backs away from the tower of larva.

AC13 spear+0 d5-1

Grog the tracker

"Who has the bombs? . " Grog calls out as he sees the horrible mass of ant babies.

AC12 Spear d6 sling+1 d4

Slips-a-lot

"Good idea" Slips agrees with Fern as he see the hungry mouths.

AC12 spear+0 d6

Wylee

Wylee keeps his eyes on the mass of ants as he follows Fern.

Jaxi

Watching Zyx fall into the abyss the whole moment doesn't really register with her. She gets across the bridge and tends the end of her bow out to assist Gelbur get across safely.

Zyx

Falling off the bridge Zyx reaches upward dramatically trying to reach out for help. He lets out an exasperated "Heroes don't diiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee...." And like that his cry faints and the memory that was Zyx burns away.

Ygg

Stomach turning at the site he and the new group see before him he doubles over and wretches. "Nope. Nope! Still a bit yellow, I am... And green now." Ygg looses some of whatever he last ate. "Oh god, no offense to our bugfolk brethren but bug stuff icks me out!"

Gelbur

As he makes his way across, he tells Ve "Don't feel sorry for him. We just need to get what we came for and get out. Eye on the prize. Artifacts!" Gelbur walks towards the corridor where he's pretty certain he can hear the rest and motions for the others to follow.

Character sheets.

OOC

Bamzaw

Bamzaw walks up to the pile of writhing larvae and, feeling quite invincible, lets his caveman thoughts get the better of him. He sticks his finger in a larvae's mouth.

Ve

"Bamzaw, leave them alone. They're babies, haven't done anything wrong to anybody."

Cinders

"Nope, not touchin' that." Cinders turns on a dime and marches right back out of the room. She sees Mim following her; "not too close pal."

Mim the Triad

"I'm just glad somebody else has some good sense. I'm not going to be caught poking around the larvae when an armada of angry ants shows up."

The second Bamzaw places his finger in the larvae's mouth, it clamps down on it and bites the appendage clean off. Nearby larvae, smelling the blood, begin swarming up the hapless tribesman, tearing off chunks of flesh. Soon, they're picking his bones clean (2 damage).

The larvae converge on the corpse, greedily consuming it.

A thorough exploration of the room yields a metal hatch in the back with an access panel. Beside the hatch is a skeleton of a pure strain human clutching a dull green rucksack.

Bochs

"Over here..." yells Bochs as he kneels with the others to examine the skeleton and rucksack.

Moth

Examines the side of the walls, concentrating on remaining with his group.

Croaker

Croaker stabs with the ant-spear given by Striker getting its feel and advances forward keeping sight of Striker and Bochs

Stryker

Striker shakes his head at the carnage before continuing through the fog. "Stay within view of one another." he yells to the others.

OCC

Fern

Fern looks in surprised horror as Bamzaw puts a hand in the mouth of one of these creatures. She was less surprised at the outcome. "Slips-a-lot, search that rucksack. Grog open that hatch. Wylee and I will guard" she barks orders to the others.

AC13 spear+0 d5-1

Grog the tracker

For once, Grog doesn't have any suggestions or even comprehension of Bamzaw's action "Yes. Open the hatch. He repeats as order before he goes to work on the access panel to open it. " "

AC12 Spear d6 sling+1 d4

Slips-a-lot

Slips grabs the rucksack from the skeleton and starts searching it for useful items

AC12 spear+0 d6

Wylee

Wylee readies his weapon, and watches the larva.

Bunnie

Bunnie moved to help with the weird hatch.

Gruza

"Gross" Gruza say. Stay away from worms.

Myycky

"That's not what you're supposed to do with giant worms that probably eat flesh!" Myycky said, following the group toward the hatch.

[Character sheets]

Bokk

HP 4/4 | AC 13 | Luck 8/10 | S+1 A-1 S+0 P+2 I+2 L+0 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

Bokk is, sadly, not surprised to hear Bamzaw's screams. But he is interested in the Bochs's announcement of the panel. He goes over to the slowly-growing group by the panel and takes a look.

Dana

HP 1/1 | AC 11 | Luck 7/7 | S-1 A+1 S-2 P+0 I+0 L-1 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

Dana jumps back in disgust as the grubs consume Bamzaw. She stops walking towards the center and instead carefully circles around to the left.

Mouse

HP 3/3 | AC 9 | Luck 8/8 | S-3 A-1 S-1 P-1 I-1 L-1 | Mutant | Hunter | Glow

Mouse nods knowingly to Mim. "Apparently some people need to be told not to poke the chompy worms." He quietly continues. "I would like to see the bombs, though."