IC 1: The Cyber Pits of the Ant-Men

Morphling

Jaxi

Attacks finds an antman causing damage to one of the tribe and shows them what for!

Zyx

Zxy gets up in their business with his farm tool.

Ygg

Ygg swipes from behind Gruza trying his best to connect with anyone trying to take down his new meat shield.

Gelbur

Gelbur finds the one closest to him and attacks!

OOC

Whiffs all around. Hate this for me.

Edited by Spacesong (see edit history)
Name
Jaxi Attack
1d20+2 2
Zyx attack
1d20+1 9
roll
1d20-1 15
Gelbur Attack
1d20-1 16

Dana

HP 1/1 | AC 11 | Luck 7/7 | S-1 A+1 S-2 P+0 I+0 L-1 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

Just one left! Dana puts down her bucket and swings her hoe at the remaining drone.

Mouse

HP 3/3 | AC 9 | Luck 8/8 | S-3 A-1 S-1 P-1 I-1 L-1 | Mutant | Hunter | Glow

It worked for once! Mouse does a little happy dance before picking up another rock and throwing it at the drone.

Yaz

HP 2/2 | AC 13 | Luck 11/11 | S+0 A+0 S-1 P-1 I+1 L+0 | PSH | Hunter | Curator

Yaz is keeping an eye on that skull. Finders keepers, and all that, but she'd like to check it out. For now, though, she swings her shovel at the drone.

Bokk

HP 4/4 | AC 10 | Luck 9/10 | S+1 A-1 S+0 P+2 I+2 L+0 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

Bokk seems to be better at this than he thought he was. He swings his hoe at the drone.

Name
Dana attack, damage
16; 0
d20-1;d4-1 [17]; [17,1]
Mouse throw, damage
12; 1
d20-1;d4-1 [13]; [13,2]
Yaz attack, damage
9; 2
d20;d4 [9]; [9,2]
Bokk attack, damage
21; 3
d20+1;d4+1 [20]; [20,2]
Bokk critical
d4 3
Bokk critical extra damage
d3 3

Ve hits the injured ant drone so hard that her weapon flies from her hand! Grog smacks it hard, and it barely manages to stay on its feet. Then Bock finishes the mutant off with a hellishly strong blow! The final ant drone lies dead, and the battle is over.

Ve

Ve moves to retrieve her spade before stopping and realizing she's standing next to the drone's body. Seeing as that thrusting attack went pretty well for her, she picks up the drone's spear, and takes a few practice pokes at the air.

Mim the Triad

Mim stretches and exhales exhaustedly as though he contributed in any way to that fight. "I tried to warn them, I really did. They always think an unlucky number won't matter, and look what happens." He takes a quick head-count of the party. "Speaking of which... twenty by my count. We'd better find a friend or lose two more, and it looks like crossing that bridge is our best bet either way."

Bamzaw

Bamzaw rises to his feet and looks at the skull in his hands, its eye socket blinking red. "I fear that may have been a sign from the Ancient Ones," he says, "and whatever this is, it's much smaller than my artifact." He sets the skull on the ground for whosoever would like to pick it up. "Onwards, then."

Edited by sleepydogboy (see edit history)

Bochs

Bochs , emboldened by the successful assault stands at the entrance onto the bridge, trying to look menacing waiting on Striker

Moth

Moth looks around sheepishly

Talyn

Dead

Stryker

Stryker retrieves the second drones' weapons and checks both drones for anything else of value, especially anything that might help his wound.

Name
Bochs luck
1d20 1
Moth's Luck
1d20 15
Striker's luck
1d20 2

Dana

Dana looks over to Mim. "I'm not sure about your count, but I think we should go check out the other passageway from that first room, before we go across this bridge. I don't want anything coming up behind us."

Mouse

Mouse tries not to attract anyone's attention.

Yaz

Yaz goes over and picks up the skull from Bamzaw. "But it blinks! It has to be worth something." She turns it around in her hands, trying to figure it out. Is there an object in there that can be taken out?

Bokk

Bokk smiles and gives a thumbs-up to Ve and Stryker. "Good thinking on grabbing their spears! We'll have to remember that. The first bunch didn't have any weapons, did they?"

Gruza

HP 3/3 | AC 10 | Luck 17/17 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S-1 A+0 S+0 P+1 I-2 L+2 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Gatherer | The Clan of Cog

"Gruza no care. Stay." Gruza make bear hug motion. "We go. Here or here."

Myycky

HP 4/4 | AC 10 | Luck 10/10 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S+0 A+0 S+1 P+0 I+1 L+0 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Hunter | The Clan of Cog

Looking around, Myycky was just happy to be alive. "Cool skull! Why in the heck is it here though? Oh well. Hey, you've got a good point!" she said, pointing at Dana. "Let's make sure this other path near us is clear first."

[Character sheets]

The spears are quite well made and feel good in the hands of those who take them. They also have hooks which could be used to ensnare an opponent. The ant-men have nothing else of value, not even rudimentary clothing.

OOC

The spears do 1d6 damage. Their grapple attack can only be used with proper training (i.e. only by the ant-men).

The implant inside the skull cannot be removed no matter how hard Yaz tries.

OOC

I'll wait for @Rakle and @Spacesong to chime in with their characters on which direction you want to go next and then I'll make a full exploration post.

The Ratman

The ratman is still disappointed over the lack of his gear.

Fern

Fern waits for someone to make a final decision on the direction to go.

Grog the tracker

"We should check out the area to north before we cross this bridge" grog suggests.

Slips-a-lot

Slips looks at the narrow bridge, and lava flow below it. Crossing the bridge isn't his first choice.

Jaxi

"I'm in agreement. I'd rather not risk crossing this somewhat hazardous looking bridge only to find out the path to the north is the real exit." She turns to reneter the previous room and makes her way into the other chamber along with the others heading that way. She turns to reneter the previous room and makes her way into the other chamber along with the others heading that way.

Zyx

Zyx looks at the tribes members who got spears a bit hurt and jealous he doesn't have a real weapon yet. Heroes deserve weapons, ya know? It's just right. He thinks how best to get one for himself while paying half attention to the conversations happening at hand.

Ygg

Ygg makes a break across the bridge "I'm outta here! See you back in the village!"

Gelbur

Gelbur stands stupefied at Ygg's actions and just kinda gently nods and goes along with the inspecting the pathway north suggestion.

Most seem in favor of doubling back to check out another passage, but Ygg goes off on his own across the mucus bridge. The substance is sticky and every step is a growing struggle.

OOC

Ygg must make a DC 10 Strength check to avoid getting stuck on the bridge. If he gets stuck he's effectively trapped until someone comes and helps him.

Returning to the fungus garden and then heading north, the tribesfolk find themselves in a stench-filled cavern that reeks of decaying matter. The walls are lined with piles of spoiled plant and animal matter and trash. It is impossible to take complete stock of this room without a thorough search.

image.png.5c15be0ee9012a71b1044e2b6b875639.png

Gruza

HP 3/3 | AC 10 | Luck 17/17 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S-1 A+0 S+0 P+1 I-2 L+2 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Gatherer | The Clan of Cog

"Gruza look." Move trash. Move more trash. Find?

Myycky

HP 4/4 | AC 10 | Luck 10/10 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S+0 A+0 S+1 P+0 I+1 L+0 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Hunter | The Clan of Cog

Myycky looked over her shoulder at Ygg struggling to walk on the bridge, but decided she was already invested in searching the new cave. "Gruza's right, c'mon people let's search this garbage for... uh... stuff."

[Character sheets]

Name
Gruza lucky! Find shiny-shiny! vs 17
1d20 8
Myycky luck vs 10
1d20 10

Bamzaw

Bamzaw shrugs as Yaz fiddles with the skull. "All I'm saying is that thing's cursed, for sure." He begins scrounging through the debris, praying this is where he'll find his gear.

Mim the Triad

Mim, unhelpfully, looks at several members of the party digging through the refuse with a look of disgust on his face. "I'm keeping a mental note of you people, and not one of you is allowed to shake my hand until I see you wash yours." He does a little "enticing" three-fingered jazz-hands motion, as if shaking his hand would be a great honor.

Ve

Ve considers waiting to make sure Ygg makes it across okay, but seeing her party departing for the north room, she follows and partakes in the scrounging.

Name
Bamzaw luck (vs 6)
1d20 14
Ve luck (vs 7)
1d20 12

Dana

Dana holds her nose and fishes around in the rubbish with her hoe.

Mouse

Mouse isn't too proud to poke around and see what he can find. He's got a shovel, might as well use it.

Yaz

Yaz isn't going to scrabble around in that. I mean, really?

Bokk

Bokk comes over and half-heartedly pokes at things a bit, but doesn't like the looks of the junk.

Name
Dana luck (vs 7)
d20 16
Mouse luck (vs 8)
d20 5

The Ratman

The Ratman doesn't need to be told twice to search the garbage.

Fern

Fern's nose wrinkles in disgust. " I will guard the doorway" she comments as stays far away from the refuse.

Grog the tracker

Staying away from the refuse, Grog still tries to be helpful. "Look under that pile". or "Did you check that spot?

Slips-a-lot

Being a scrounger, Slips joins in the searching..

Name
Two lucks rolls:  both with 9's
SyntaxError: Unexpected token ,
1d20,1d20
luck rolls
7; 10
1d20;1d20 [7]; [7,10]