IC 1: The Cyber Pits of the Ant-Men

Morphling

Myycky

HP 4/4 | AC 10 | Luck 10/10 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S+0 A+0 S+1 P+0 I+1 L+0 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Hunter | The Clan of Cog

"Oh, okay, suddenly lava river. Sure, why not?!" the woman said, clearly perturbed by the state of the bridge.

"Can't we go down that other tunnel?" she asked gingerly.

Gruza

HP 3/3 | AC 10 | Luck 17/17 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S-1 A+0 S+0 P+1 I-2 L+2 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Gatherer | The Clan of Cog

Gruza no like thing! Run! Back!

"Gruza danger stick," Gruza explain. Gruza point at stick. Gruza go others.

Saris

HP 2/2 | AC 9 | Luck 13/13 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S-1 A-1 S+1 P-1 I+1 L+1 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Hunter | The Curators (Traders)

"Ahhh!" Saris screamed as he came to a sliding stop once the wall of heat lapped at his skin. "No way! That's death there!" he added, backtracking away from the bridge. "And also there's more assholes on the bridge!"

[Character sheets]

Name
Initiative
1d20 6

The Ratman

"Next room. Maybe have our stuff" grumbles to himself as he follows the others towards the room with the bridge.

Fern

Fern dutiful follows the others from the mushroom into the bridge room.

Grog the tracker

After being pushed out of the room, Grog sullenly follows the others towards the room with the bridge.

Slips-a-lot

Slips smiles as Grog shuts up for the moment as they walk towards the next room

init

Name
init
1d20+1 18

Bochs

Bochs nods and moves abreast of Stryker and moves to the entrance.

Moth

Moth sheepishly follows along grasping his hoe tightly.

Talyn

Dead

Stryker

"Rad-blasted Ant-men!" cursed Stryker as he heard the scream. Moving toward the entrance that housed the scream he motioned to Bochs and Moth. "Come on you two. Looks like we have to fight our way out."

Edited by JagrHunter (see edit history)
Name
Init
1d20 15

Dana

HP 1/1 | AC 11 | Luck 7/7 | S-1 A+1 S-2 P+0 I+0 L-1 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

Dana puts a last shovelful of gunk into a bucket, then moves towards the doorway, where she cautiously waits, keeping an eye both on the cluster by the skull and the two drones coming across the bridge.

Mouse

HP 3/3 | AC 9 | Luck 8/8 | S-3 A-1 S-1 P-1 I-1 L-1 | Mutant | Hunter | Glow

Mouse follows the group through the doorway to the bridge over the lava. Eh, it might work. He picks up a rock and throws it at the closest drone.

Yaz

HP 2/2 | AC 13 | Luck 11/11 | S+0 A+0 S-1 P-1 I+1 L+0 | PSH | Hunter | Curator

Yaz readies her shovel and moves to stand at the edge of the bridge, where she can thwack the drones as they cross.

Bokk

HP 4/4 | AC 10 | Luck 9/10 | S+1 A-1 S+0 P+2 I+2 L+0 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

Bokk very much wants to go inspect the skull, but there are already three people close, so he'll just wait. Following Yaz's lead, he gets his hoe ready and moves by the end of bridge, ready for the drones.

[Character sheets]

Name
Initiative
d20+1 18
Mouse throw a rock
d20-1 11

Jaxi and Gelbur await a fight from the well dwellers. However, Gruza departs, and the mutants seem unwilling to leave the well.

Zyx and Ygg depart back into the fungus garden, and now that the way to the eastern chamber is lit, they can see that a fight is about to happen.

Ve, Mim, and Bamzaw examine the skull with the red blinking light. Taking the closest look, Bamzaw can see that the skull itself has been used as material for the wall, but it could probably be removed. Staring into the eyesocket, he sees that the blinking red light comes from some sort of ancient-tech implant.

Gruza and Myycky follow Saris to the eastern bridge chamber. When they get there they see the ant drones have already closed in on Saris.

The Ratman, Fern, Grog, and Slips-a-lot all gather around the bridge where the ant drones are approaching.

Bochs, Moth, and Stryker also approach the upcoming battle.

Dana, Yaz and Boch close ranks with the others and await the approaching drones. Mouse hangs back and throws a rock, which bounces off a drone's chitin to little effect.

The ant-drones move quickly and stand before Saris. One of them spits its sticky, repulsive spit into his face. Through a supreme act of will and individuality, Saris resists being reintegrated into the hive. Unfortunately, his finest moment is also his last, as the other ant-drone, sensing that his mind has not connected to the hive, decides its more expedient to kill him. It plunges its spear hard into his gut, creating a wound that even the most skilled healer wouldn't be able to treat (4 damage).

Bamzaw

Bamzaw, leaning in face-to-face with the skull and looking into its eyesockets, stands upright and attempts to pry the skull from the wall. If he succeeds, he will pick up the nearest rock and try to break open the skull much like an orangutan trying to crack a coconut, hoping to get at that implant.

Ve

Ve sees Saris's body hit the ground and readies her shovel. She's putting spade to bug, aiming for the drone that slayed Saris.

Mim the Triad

Mim, from a respectable distance, puffs his chest as best he can and looks down his nose at the drones as the party begins to gather. "There's more than a dozen of us and only two of you... that's a very unlucky number. Lay down your weapons and surrender, and maybe I'll think twice about tying you to a rock and kicking you into the lava flow."

Name
Ve attack/damage
9; 1
1d20;1d4 [9]; [9,1]

JaxiGelbur & Zyx

All 3 run to where they hear the others seem to be having an encounter with some trouble.

Ygg

Ygg freezes in place as the Antmen near but decides to try and be brave. So he finds the the biggest person in the crowdI assume this is Gruza lol and cowers behind them.

Edited by Spacesong (see edit history)
Name
Initiative
1d20+2 3

The Ratman

Seeing the ants move across the bridge and kill Saris, the Ratman rushes forward screaming "Die"

Fern

Fern joins the battle and attacks one of the ant-men.

Grog the tracker

"Monsters. We will kill you." Grog moves and attacks.

Slips-a-lot

Slips joins the mob assault on the ants.

Name
ratman atk,dmg
11; 3
1d20+1;1d4+1 [10]; [10,2]
fern atk,dmg
6; 1
1d20;1d4-1 [6]; [6,2]
Grog atk,dmg
12; 3
1d20;1d4 [12]; [12,3]
Slips atk dmg
4; 1
1d20;1d4 [4]; [4,1]

Saris

HP 2/2 | AC 9 | Luck 13/13 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S-1 A-1 S+1 P-1 I+1 L+1 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Hunter | The Curators (Traders)

Saris tore at the goo that clung to his face and felt the push in his mind to submit. But he would not. Could not. This was his turning moment, he could feel it in his core, his very being!

Wait, no, that was a spear.

Saris' body slumped backward off the weapon, bounced off the stone bridge's edge, and slapped the lava's surface with finality. It slowly sank and caught fire.

Gruza

HP 3/3 | AC 10 | Luck 17/17 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S-1 A+0 S+0 P+1 I-2 L+2 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Gatherer | The Clan of Cog

Gruza like people. Help people! Gruza move. Not see Ygg. Attack! "GRUZA DANGER STICK!"

Myycky

HP 4/4 | AC 10 | Luck 10/10 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S+0 A+0 S+1 P+0 I+1 L+0 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Hunter | The Clan of Cog

"No, no, no! Not another one of us! C'mon you big bugs, time to die for killing my friend whose name I definitely remember!" Myycky shouted as she charged the ants with her shovel.

[Character sheets]

Name
GRUZA DANGER STICK!
17; 0
1d20-1;1d4-1 [18]; [18,1]
Myycky attack, damage
17; 1
1d20;1d4 [17]; [17,1]

Bochs

Stryker, Moth and Bochs makes up a second rank and waits for a chance to attack.

Moth

Stryker, Moth and Bochs makes up a second rank and waits for a chance to attack.

Stryker

Stryker, Moth and Bochs makes up a second rank and waits for a chance to attack. "Hopefully they will be injured before they get to us."

Name
Stryker Att
1d20 18
Stryker Dam
1d4 3
Moth Att
1d20 10
Moth Damage
1d4 3
Bochs Att
1d20 7
Bochs Dam
1d4 1

Dana

HP 1/1 | AC 11 | Luck 7/7 | S-1 A+1 S-2 P+0 I+0 L-1 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

Dana is still carrying one of the buckets of gunk, but she'll swing her hoe one-handedly at any drone that gets into range. She'll fall back to make space if anyone else wants to get in close.

Mouse

HP 3/3 | AC 9 | Luck 8/8 | S-3 A-1 S-1 P-1 I-1 L-1 | Mutant | Hunter | Glow

Mouse is, by now, keeping an eye out for anything that he could use to make a crude sling. He throws another rock.

Yaz

HP 2/2 | AC 13 | Luck 11/11 | S+0 A+0 S-1 P-1 I+1 L+0 | PSH | Hunter | Curator

Yaz was waiting by the end of the bridge with Bokk, so she strikes at a drone with her shovel.

Bokk

HP 4/4 | AC 10 | Luck 9/10 | S+1 A-1 S+0 P+2 I+2 L+0 | PSH | Gatherer | Cog

Bokk really needs to examine his life choices. Usually, you could get pretty far by talking things out. Here, not so much. He hits a drone with his hoe.

[Character sheets]

Edited by pesukarhu (see edit history)
Name
Dana strike, damage
10; 3
d20-1;d4-1 [11]; [11,4]
Mouse throw
d20-1 20
Yaz strike, damage
14; 3
d20;d4 [14]; [14,3]
Bokk strike, damage
19; 4
d20+1;d4+1 [18]; [18,3]
Mouse critical
d4-1 1
Rock damage
1d4-1 3
Rock critical
1d6 3

Ve approaches a drone and swings her weapon, but it parries easily. Mim's pompous threats are ignored as the battle rages around him. Bamzaw grips the strange skull with both hands and pulls with all its might, it's stuck firmly but he manages to wrest it free! He also manages to create a small rockslide, as the wall shifts and tumbles down upon him.

OOC

Bamzaw must make a DC 12 Reflex save or take rockslide damage (rolled below)

Jazi, Gelbur, and Zyx hurry towards the fight, while Ygg cowers behind the scrawny but confidence-inspiring Gruza!

Fern, Grog, Slips-a-lot, and the Ratman each make their opportunistic attacks on the ant drones, but find the mutant to be insanely tough, and they cannot pierce its chitin.

Bochs, Moth, and Stryker make their attacks. Striker scores the first solid blow on the side of the tribesfolk, causing the drone to chitter angrily and flit its wings.

While Dana and Yaz have no luck, Bokk puts his muscles to use and scores a dazing blow, while Mouse seizes an especially large rock and hurls it with what little grace and might he has, striking the drone dead on and crushing its skull.

Myycka and Gruza each score a glancing blow on the sole remaining drone.

The drone, beset on all sides, swings its spear in a wild panic, but in the chaos its jab misses Myycky and catches only air.

Name
Rockslide damage
1d6 3

Mim the Triad

Mim's lip quivers in righteous indignation, and he slinks around to any open gap in the crowd and stabs his pitchfork in at the ant.

Ve

Seeing the party gathering to jump the sole remaining drone, Ve opts to thrust with her shovel rather than swinging it, aiming the end of the spade at the ant's abdomen.

Bamzaw

Bamzaw plants his foot on the wall and wrenches back on the skull with all his might. The skull comes loose, and his momentum sends him tumbling onto his back. As he looks up in horror as the wall begins to come down on him, he digs his feet into the ground and scurries desperately backwards, barely escaping the torrent of stone and debris. His white-fingered grip on the skull is trembling.

OOCBurning 2 luck!

Edited by sleepydogboy
forgot I can burn luck on saves! (see edit history)
Name
Mim attack/damage
4; 1
1d20;1d4 [4]; [4,1]
Ve attack/damage
20; 1
1d20;1d4 [20]; [20,1]
Bamzaw save
1d20+1 9
Ve crit table
1d4-2 2
Ve bonus damage
1d6 5

Gruza

"More! Fight! Kill!" Gruza shout! Inspiring! Danger stick make more danger!

Myycky

"Can't stop, won't stop!" Myycky replied as she swung her weapon again and again. At the last second, almost as if a glimmer of light shone from her eyes, the tribeswoman changed trajectory mid-swing and made sweet contact with the ant's body.

OOC: Spending 2 Luck to make that a hit!

[Character sheets]

Name
Danger stick!
17; 2
1d20-1;1d4-1 [18]; [18,3]
Myycky attack, damage
14; 3
1d20;1d4 [14]; [14,3]

The Ratman

The ratman swings at the ant again.

Fern

Missing her with her first attack, Fern tries a backhand at the antman.

Grog the tracker

Grog continues attacking.

Slips-a-lot

Slips joins the mob assault on the ants.

Name
ratman atk dmg
13; 3
1d20+1;1d4+1 [12]; [12,2]
fern atk dmg
5; 2
1d20;1d4-1 [5]; [5,3]
grog atk dmg
16; 2
1d20;1d4 [16]; [16,2]
slips atk dmg
1; 4