IC 1: The Cyber Pits of the Ant-Men

Morphling

The Ratman

"The Ratman advances on the nearest ant-man and swings his implement at it...

Fern

Sighing Fern advances and attacks.

Grog the tracker

Grog moves in for the fight, and attacks.

Slips-a-lot

Shovel in hand, Slips attacks the nearest foe.

Name
init
1d20+1 6
Ratman atk, dmg
8; 2
1d20+1;1d4+1 [7]; [7,1]
fern atk,dmg
6; 0
1d20;1d4-1 [6]; [6,1]
grog atk;dmg
13; 3
1d20;1d4 [13]; [13,3]
slips atk;dmg
11; 1
1d20;1d4 [11]; [11,1]

Gruza

HP 3/3 | AC 10 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S-1 A+0 S+0 P+1 I-2 L+2 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Gatherer | The Clan of Cog

"Slave? No, Gruza free. Free!!" Gruza shout. Hold danger stick. Run at ant people! "DANGER STICK!!!" Gruza swing and stab.

Saris

HP 2/2 | AC 9 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S-1 A-1 S+1 P-1 I+1 L+1 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Hunter | The Curators (Traders)

With almost no time to think, Saris was startled by more violence. Instead of fight, he decided to just grab all the mushrooms he could and roll them into the edge off his shirt like a basket. Someone else could figure out of they were poisonous later.

Myycky

HP 4/4 | AC 10 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S+0 A+0 S+1 P+0 I+1 L+0 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Hunter | The Clan of Cog

"No way! But we just killed the bee! I feel so dumb!" Myycky cried out in disdain. Her face shifted to anger as a burning sense of betrayal grew like a pit in her stomach. She, like the others, charged at her captors.

Errid

HP 4/4 | AC 10 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S+0 A+0 S+0 P-1 I+1 L+0 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Hunter | The Clan of Cog

"Alright i guess that's one way to get free." Errid steeled himself, raised his farming tool and ran at the ants, trying to flank with someone else.

[Character sheets]

Name
Gruza
0; 2
1d20-1;1d4-1 [1]; [1,3]
Myycky
12; 1
1d20;1d4 [12]; [12,1]
Errid
19; 1
1d20;1d4 [19]; [19,1]
Initiative
1d20 11
Gruza fumble!!!
1d4-2 1

Jaxi

Victory being short lived the panther manimal prepares for the ongoing struggle and attacks the first ant person that nears her.

Zyx

Zyx's valor shifts focus. From bee to ant. All threats must be eliminated for survival!

Ygg

Still terrified of everything he sees, Ygg makes a break for one of the tunnels. "You rubes fight it out! I'm outta here!"

Gelbur

The lack of any contribution previously not weighing on the dimwitted Gelbur he maintains his cool composure "Ant people want a piece now, huh? Well alrighty!"

Name
Jaxi, Zyx, Ygg and then Gelbur's initiatives!
21; 14; 11; 13
1d20+2;1d20-1;1d20-1;1d20-1 [19]; [19,15]; [19,15,12]; [19,15,12,14]
Jaxi Attack
1d20-1 14
Zyx
1d20+1 3
Gelbur
1d20 8

The tribesfolk and ant-men clash! Jaxi springs into action, and Zyx and Gelbur follow swiftly afterwards. They find that the ants carapaces are very tough indeed, and none manage to score any blow of consequence. Meanwhile, Ygg decides he's had enough of the fungus farm and flees, quickly finding himself enveloped in darkness.

OOC

Need to know whether Ygg is fleeing down the east passageway where the drones went, or the south passageway. He could also try the north passageway, but the ant-men are between him and that. Make a luck check for him while you're at it.

Gruza, Myycky, and Errid close ranks with their fellow tribemates, and wield their improvised farm implements against the ant-folk. Only Errid manages to score a blow, causing the ant-man to flinch and then chitter furiously at him.

Bochs, Talyn, and Striker also close ranks and prepare for the worst. Moth quickly remembers that the bee has been dismembered and carried off, but nonetheless finds a compost pile to hide behind.

Bokk and Dana charge into battle. While Dana stumbles and hits air, Bokk lands a particularly might blow, spearing an ant-mutant clean through with his hoe and killing it!

Ve and Gugga square off against the ant-folk. Here, Ve scores the second kill of the group, crushing an ant-mutant's head with her shovel.

Mim continues to lie on the ground. Most of the ant-folk have their back turned to him now, and it would be a perfect time to strike.

Yaz manages to rinse the residue off the unresisting Bamzaw's face.

OOC

If Mim wants to make an attack, he can now do so with a +2 bonus.

With the remaining five ant-men quickly finding themselves outnumbered and being surrounded, they lash out viciously with their dreadful mandibles! One of them latches onto Gugga, crushing his carapace as though it were a bundle of twigs (5 damage). Another attacks Talyn and bites him around the neck in an explosion of blood (5 damage). Beside him, Stryker is bit on the arm and greviously injured (2 damage). Grogg manages to nimbly evade the ant-man attacking him. And lastly, Errid is bitten on the leg, severing the limb entirely and sending him falling to the ground in a growing pool of his own blood (5 damage).

OOC

Alright, that's round 1 down! For those who are still alive, you get to take additional actions!

Jaxi, Zyx & Gelbur

Won't let a few missed attack let them down! They'll continue to fight their way through the forces.

Ygg

Ygg chooses the southern tunnel hoping to find something useful or a way out that way.

OOC

2nd roll is Zyx's attack and damage.

Edited by Spacesong (see edit history)
Name
Jaxi attack and damage
5; 0
1d20-1;1d4-1 [6]; [6,1]
roll
20; 4
1d20+1;1d4+1 [19]; [19,3]
Gelbur attack and damage
18; 3
1d20-1;1d4-1 [19]; [19,4]
Ygg luck!
1d20-1 4

The Ratman

"Rowr" screams the ratman as he continues his attacks. Catching the carapace at the wrong, the head of farming tool is knock loose . . . making his weapon useless until fixed.

Fern

Fern feel sick but keeps fighting in desperation

Grog the tracker

Grog tries to kill the one that wanted to kill him.

Slips-a-lot

Slips keeps shoveling at the foes

Edited by Rakle (see edit history)
Name
ratman atk;dmg
2; 5
1d20+1;1d4+1 [1]; [1,4]
fern atk, dmg
2; 1
1d20;1d4-1 [2]; [2,2]
grog atk,dmg
18; 1
1d20;1d4 [18]; [18,1]
slip atk,dmg
8; 2
1d20;1d4 [8]; [8,2]
ratman fumble
1d4 4

Bamzaw

"You," he points to Yaz, a serious look on his face despite the honey still caked in his eyebrows, "you have made a very powerful ally today. And you," he points at an ant, "you're... gonna need more spit." He looks embarrassed that he couldn't think of anything better to say, and copes by attempting ant murder with a rake.

Mim the Triad

Mim slowly stands up, drenched in bee innards, and stalks the crowd of ants. He pulls back his pitchfork and makes the cheapest shot he can muster.

OOC

If Mim can discern whether the ant that stepped on him is in the crowd (or which one it is, for that matter), that's who he's whacking. Otherwise he's going for the closest target.

Ve

"Oh— ohmygod..." Ve says, lightly splattered with ant viscera. She mutters to herself, "...it's what I do now, it'll be a story someday, it's for a good reason..." as she takes another swing at any ant she can reach.

Name
Bamzaw Attack/Damage
9; 5
1d20+1;1d4+1 [8]; [8,4]
Mim Attack/Damage
16; 3
1d20+2;1d4 [14]; [14,3]
Ve Attack/Damage
13; 3
1d20;1d4 [13]; [13,3]

Errid

HP 0/4 | AC 10 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S+0 A+0 S+0 P-1 I+1 L+0 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Hunter | The Clan of Cog

"Yeah! Take that you bast-AAAHHHHhhhh....." Errid mocked as the ant retaliated by biting his leg off. He flopped to the ground in shock and imbalance, unceremoniously dead.

Saris

HP 2/2 | AC 9 | Luck 13/13 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S-1 A-1 S+1 P-1 I+1 L+1 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Hunter | The Curators (Traders)

Retcon: Saris saw a small group of people head toward a tunnel without a light source. Knowing he'd rather be with them than fight, he clamored up to the walls and snatched some of the glowing fungus.

Gruza

HP 3/3 | AC 10 | Luck 17/17 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S-1 A+0 S+0 P+1 I-2 L+2 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Gatherer | The Clan of Cog

Gruza see die. No like die! More danger stick! Ant die!

Myycky

HP 4/4 | AC 10 | Luck 10/10 | Art. +0 | A.I. +2 | S+0 A+0 S+1 P+0 I+1 L+0 | Speed 30 | Pure-Strain Human | Occ. Hunter | The Clan of Cog

"Holy shit, they bit that beetle guy in half! Shit!" Myycky said, exasperated. All she could do was keep flailing about with her shovel and hope it finally did something. She had a powerful fear of dying. She tried to channel that urge into violence

[Character sheets]

Name
Gruza danger stick!
10; 2
1d20-1;1d4-1 [11]; [11,3]
Myycky violencia!
19; 3
1d20;1d4 [19]; [19,3]

Mouse

Mouse really wishes he had his sling. Or his bow. He knows he has no hope of hurting these things with this spade he can barely lift, so until he can figure something else out, he'll just be throwing rocks. He throws a rock at the nearest ant-man.

Dana

It's not quite panic, but Dana is not at all comfortable with this. With a white-knuckled grip on her hoe, she strikes again at the closest ant.

Yaz

In the shuffle and confusion, Yaz only manages a nod to Bamzaw and a quick "Can't let anyone go back to that." She swings her shovel at the ant in front of them.

Bokk

Bokk calls out, "See, we can take them! Together we will be free!" He moves to close with the next closest ant and strikes at it with his hoe.

Name
Mouse throw
d20-1 10
Dana attack; damage
14; 0
d20-1;d4-1 [15]; [15,1]
Yaz attack; damage
14; 1
d20;d4 [14]; [14,1]
Bokk attack; damage
13; 3
d20+1;d4+1 [12]; [12,2]

Posted (edited)

Jazi and Zyx kill another ant-man each. Grog manages a minor blow which wounds an ant-man! Mim rises up from behind and kills an ant-man by stabbing it in the back. Myycky's fear lends her accuracy, and she too kills an ant-man. Dana and Yaz wound the final ant-man each but fail to down it. And with a rallying cry and a bit of luck, Bokk kills the last one and ends the fight.

Lacking a light source, Ygg only finds himself stumbling and flailing in total darkness.

Map-1.png.8b3c39b8229257c95a3a9377df84f834.png

Edited by Morphling (see edit history)

Bokk

Bokk is breathing hard. He lowers his hoe and looks to the others gathered around him. "Friends, I don't know about you, but I would very much like to get to that sunshine we can see up there. I think we'll have to go through these tunnels to do that, and I think we stand a much better chance together than apart."

Luck9/10

Yaz

Yaz chimes in, "You've always talked too much, Bokk. Anyone have a torch?"

Dana

Dana offers. "These mushrooms glow, could we take some of them with us?"

Mouse

Mouse hangs around in the back, silent, listening, watching the passageways for any sign of motion.

Edited by pesukarhu (see edit history)

Bochs

seeing the other Ants fall Bochs grabs a 'shroom light and follows the others.

Moth

Falling behind his tribe mates and the newcomers and feeling that there is safety in numbers Moth follows quietly behind the rest.

Talyn

finishes bleeding out

Stryker

Grimacing in pain, Stryker rips his clothing and tries to tie off his wound. Once he is bandaged, he picks up his hoe and moves to the front of the group. "Together until we exit this place?" he asks the others as her too picks up a 'shroom light.

Jaxi

Celebrating her victory the pather manimal begins to groom her paws. "These ant men stand no chance against us all, mmya!!~" Hearing the words of Styker suggesting we stick together. "Yes! A most delightful plan! All together everyone. We mustn't loose anymore rank and file."

Zyx

Nodding in agreement with the panther lady Zyx stands heroically hoping the light is catching him just right to accentuate his heroic aspects. All that's left is to lead everyone to safety like the legend he always knew he could be. "I can find the way forward. Let's all agree on a direction to move in."

Ygg

Grasping in the dark looking for anything he can use to illuminate the way. A burned torch, a glowing mushroom, a piece of tech that lights. "H-h-h-helppp meeee..." he whimpers under his breath.

Gelbur

Gelbur moves towards the tunnels the others are implying they may want to investigate. "I think Ygg went this way?" He gestures towards the cave to the south to the other tribe members. "That poor guy cannot keep it together. We should probably go help him. It looks really dark in there and I'm pretty sure that guy's afraid of his own shadow if he doesn't notice it right away... Are there enough glow shrooms for all of us?"

There are indeed enough mushrooms for everyone with several dozen to spare. The mushrooms glow a dim purple and are about a foot in length.

Ygg finds nothing in the darkness but his own growing misery.

OOC

The purple mushrooms provide light in a radius of about 20 ft. They require one hand to be carried in.

I'll make a full update tomorrow after more players have had a chance to post.

The Ratman

Ratman tosses his damage tool aside, and grabs another farming implement from a fallen corpse. "Need our stuff", he grumps before grabbing some mushrooms and following the others.

Fern

Usually just a member of a hunting party, Fern is more than happy to grab some mushrooms and follow.

Grog the tracker

"That's how we stop them. It is like hunting any large beast. Swarm them with numbers, and take them from all directions". he confidently mansplains to anyone that is listening or isn't listening. "The mushrooms are a suitable light source." he further explains as he picks some mushrooms.

Slips-a-lot

Slips smiles with pride. He has been holding his own while fighting alongside the hunters. Maybe they will allow him to join the next hunt. He grabs some shrooms and follows along.