The Scythe and the Forge - OOC

5 hours ago, Delia2531 said:

I nearly went with a teleport and FRA on that spellcaster but thought it was probably overkill on someone with 32HP! 😁

Post updated.

Yes, 32 hp is definitely a waste of a Cufwell.

I have to confirm something, as a spontaneous caster I can cast a lower level spell using a higher level spell slot, correct? If I can, then I can cast Skill Enhancement, and then Spell Storing Item (Magecraft) both as 3rd level infusions, then use the temporary pseudo wand on myself, so in 4 turns I could make a craft check at +27, accounting for the -10 penalty. Basically a 1 in 3 chance to succeed the check.

@Blue Jay - I hadn't meant to draw an AoO, I thought that the guy on the map near Cufwell was dead because he was faint; but from your description he was clearly alive and so that's on me.

IMG_7791.jpeg.636fc00a0588c73ac4c02783faecbba6.jpeg

If Cufwell would have seen Jarren cutting down the spellcaster then he'd have killed the guy closest to him; but if the Spellcaster was alive he'd have taken them out as the bigger threat and eaten the AoO.

Happy that you rule either way on it. The same attacks might have dropped the Fighter and Cufwell could have gone FRA on him instead, but that's a lot more dice rolling an reversion. As the two AoOs didn't hurt him either, it just leaves the risk of being flanked (which I don't think he can be due to Improves Uncanny Dodge?) and an extra sword at his back.

19 hours ago, DragonFriend said:

I have to confirm something, as a spontaneous caster I can cast a lower level spell using a higher level spell slot, correct? If I can, then I can cast Skill Enhancement, and then Spell Storing Item (Magecraft) both as 3rd level infusions, then use the temporary pseudo wand on myself, so in 4 turns I could make a craft check at +27, accounting for the -10 penalty. Basically a 1 in 3 chance to succeed the check.

Yes, you can use higher-level slots. One problem I see is that spell storing item has a 1-minute casting time (unless you have a quicken ability of some kind). But, if you're going to take a round or two to do this, you might as well let Ukumalei restore the Forge for you during that time to eliminate the -10 penalty.

Yeah, Action Points allow an Artificer to imbue an infusion as a full round action instead of in a minute, and the Rapid Infusion feat, which Oswald has, allows you to do that 1/day without spending an Action Point. I've been looking up ways to boost my skill check again because I am out of level 1 infusions, I had thought that Spell Storing Item was a level 2 or 3, but while looking that up I found a thread saying spontaneous casters can use higher level spell slots for lower level spells without preparing to do so, which gave me the above idea.

18 hours ago, DragonFriend said:

I'm not using an Action Point, I'm using my feat that allows me to do the thing without Action Points. I've used the feat several times already, Oswald has had the feat since 4th level.

Oh, okay: I missed that. That's fine: it's basically analogous to Quicken Spell, so I don't have a problem with that.

6 hours ago, Blue Jay said:

Oh, okay: I missed that. That's fine: it's basically analogous to Quicken Spell, so I don't have a problem with that.

In all the time Cufwell has been part of The Green Branch I've never used his Wild Points, now that the Guild hasn't been ports across I guess I never will. Oh well, nothing to miss. 😀

On 4/4/2024 at 2:00 AM, Delia2531 said:

I hadn't meant to draw an AoO, I thought that the guy on the map near Cufwell was dead because he was faint; but from your description he was clearly alive and so that's on me.

Oh, he does look faint. He's faint because he's underneath the tree, just like Cufwell is. But, I see the confusion there. The trees are translucent objects on PowerPoint, which I tried to exploit to show the difference between being in the tree vs. under the tree.

My mapping conventions clearly aren't as intuitive as I imagined they were.

On 4/4/2024 at 2:00 AM, Delia2531 said:

If Cufwell would have seen Jarren cutting down the spellcaster then he'd have killed the guy closest to him; but if the Spellcaster was alive he'd have taken them out as the bigger threat and eaten the AoO.

Happy that you rule either way on it. The same attacks might have dropped the Fighter and Cufwell could have gone FRA on him instead, but that's a lot more dice rolling an reversion. As the two AoOs didn't hurt him either, it just leaves the risk of being flanked (which I don't think he can be due to Improves Uncanny Dodge?) and an extra sword at his back.

I think you should go ahead and roll a full attack against the warrior, then.

Do Jarren/Cufwell need any assist with Grugurg? Or should Terry go for the tree?

... Or I suppose he could actually finish mopping up the two archers.