The Scythe and the Forge - OOC

1 hour ago, paladinred said:

Naomi is free from the tree, where would she best be next round? I cannot tell who is where so post your grid reference so I know where to head next round.

Cufwell and Tanu are both at negative-lots HP and so totally dead, but Jarren is near the corpse of Grugurg (North of it I think last I could see a map?)

Don't think there's anything Terry can do for Tanu, but he can potentially interrupt the full attack via counter (immediately after receiving an attack within reach he can retaliate with a natural weapon... aka bite with its grapple chance; I just haven't been using it, he got it at level 17) that would give two chances to block the second breath-sword attack (incidentally, that's just normal fire damage, correct?), and a third and final chance before the killblow (which would leave Cufwell at 1hp, but that means alive and swinging).

I suppose 'block' was the wrong word to use, I meant he had a better-than-zero chance of potentially pulling the dragon into a grapple thus 'blocking' the rest of it's natural attacks (and I believe also preventing it from targeting Cufwell with the remaining iterative attacks).

Counter is literally just tit-for-tat, try to him within melee range and he gets to try to hit back, 'Whenever a creature inside the tarrasque's reach attacks it in any way, the Tarrasque may strike back with any of it's natural weapons right after the first attack is resolved'.

15 minutes ago, Sylas said:

I suppose 'block' was the wrong word to use, I meant he had a better-than-zero chance of potentially pulling the dragon into a grapple thus 'blocking' the rest of it's natural attacks (and I believe also preventing it from targeting Cufwell with the remaining iterative attacks).

Counter is literally just tit-for-tat, try to him within melee range and he gets to try to hit back, 'Whenever a creature inside the tarrasque's reach attacks it in any way, the Tarrasque may strike back with any of it's natural weapons right after the first attack is resolved'.

Okay, that's what I was guessing. Go ahead and roll all the Counters you're allow to do, and I'll roll opposed grapples.

Afaik, as soon as the first successful grab via any of the counters, all remaining counters can't occur (since he no longer has any reach). So I'm really just aiming for the *first* successful grab occurring before Cufwell goes down.

10 hours ago, Sylas said:

Afaik, as soon as the first successful grab via any of the counters, all remaining counters can't occur (since he no longer has any reach). So I'm really just aiming for the *first* successful grab occurring before Cufwell goes down.

Thanks for trying dude!

@Blue Jay - great story-telling, Cufwell really is stretching the boundaries of the RFT reality with his recent deaths!

• 2 weeks later...

I had fallen asleep at the keyboard so it never actually got posted, I have posted it now.

Raise Dead - Takes 1 minute to cast

Resurrection - Takes 10 minutes to cast and

Revive Outsider - Takes 1 minute to cast

I do not know what race Cufwell is nor if he has any templates that change his race, you can choose whichever spell is best for him.

4 hours ago, paladinred said:

I had fallen asleep at the keyboard so it never actually got posted, I have posted it now.

Raise Dead - Takes 1 minute to cast

Resurrection - Takes 10 minutes to cast and

Revive Outsider - Takes 1 minute to cast

I do not know what race Cufwell is nor if he has any templates that change his race, you can choose whichever spell is best for him.

Cufwell is nice and simple, he's a varient half-orc that is half elf half orc rather than half human half orc.

Resurrection seems more important for Spell casters (and I'm not sure we have the time for 100 rounds?); but either way that level loss bites! It looks like Tanu might have to wait for her upgrade to exalted companion after all.