Application (Questions & Answers)

Hello there! I've used Myth Weavers for sheets for a long time, but I haven't actually played on this forum. This game looks great, and the posting rate is also perfect. I've yet to finish reading through the character creation rules, but I'm looking forward to building a character for this campaign!

Edit: I guess I forgot to include my question. After filling out a sheet and sharing it (and any follow-up discussion), are there other steps I'm missing that need to be completed to apply to a campaign here on MW?

Edited by Newcomer
Posted too quickly; forgot to ask question. (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Newcomer said:

Edit: I guess I forgot to include my question. After filling out a sheet and sharing it (and any follow-up discussion), are there other steps I'm missing that need to be completed to apply to a campaign here on MW?

You first need to submit an application thread; I will post you one below so you can see what it should look like when done.

Willowveil, Piney, Warlock of the Old Wood, Hedge Mage - Applications - Myth-Weavers

You can look under the library tab of the game and there is an application template that you can use the clone feature of the sight to copy and paste into your application thread, then you just need to edit in the changes for your character submission.

On the close date of the application process, I will select what I find to be the best 6 applications that I feel fit together best for the adventure.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

1 hour ago, RedDingo said:

@bwatford would you be open to the pyromancy sorcerer bloodline?

The character creation document shows allowable sources. As far as I am aware there is no official Pyromancer bloodline in any WotC book or in a Kobold Press product.

Did I miss it somewhere? Link?

For all of you who are sending game join request. They have all been denied.

I will not be adding anyone to the game until the application process is over and you are one of the selected players. If you would like this game to show in your followed games list then you must follow the overview tab for this game.

Until then, the game is in public mode so there is no need to send a join request to participate in the application process.

19 hours ago, bwatford said:

The character creation document shows allowable sources. As far as I am aware there is no official Pyromancer bloodline in any WotC book or in a Kobold Press product.

Did I miss it somewhere? Link?

Nevermind, there’s an Elemental subclass in Midgard. I can use that for my character concept.

Also my thumb slipped on the join request

Edited by RedDingo (see edit history)

Thank you for the guidance so far. I've started work on a scholar character who is intrigued by the intersections of magic, nature, and the fey—druid 2/wizard 3 (planning to continue primarily as a wizard). May I select additional spells for my spellbook by paying the cost to copy them into the spellbook, or do I also need to pay a price to acquire the spells in the first place? What cost should I use? Or am I limited to the initial 6 spells plus 2 per level-up until I find more spells through play?

I'm initially thinking to purchase about 5 more spells.

3 hours ago, Newcomer said:

Thank you for the guidance so far. I've started work on a scholar character who is intrigued by the intersections of magic, nature, and the fey—druid 2/wizard 3 (planning to continue primarily as a wizard). May I select additional spells for my spellbook by paying the cost to copy them into the spellbook, or do I also need to pay a price to acquire the spells in the first place? What cost should I use? Or am I limited to the initial 6 spells plus 2 per level-up until I find more spells through play?

I'm initially thinking to purchase about 5 more spells.

If you were going to "buy" spells then you would need to pay for the scroll and the cost of copying into your spellbook, thus destroying the scroll.

The cost is as follows:

1st level = 110 gp (60 for scroll, 50 to copy)

2nd level = 220 gp (120 for scroll, 100 to copy)

3rd level = 330 gp (180 for scroll, 150 to copy(

6 hours ago, bwatford said:

If you were going to "buy" spells then you would need to pay for the scroll and the cost of copying into your spellbook, thus destroying the scroll.

The cost is as follows:

1st level = 110 gp (60 for scroll, 50 to copy)

2nd level = 220 gp (120 for scroll, 100 to copy)

3rd level = 330 gp (180 for scroll, 150 to copy(

Thank you, of course scrolls are the obvious answer here. I've never played a wizard before, so I hadn't really thought too hard about spellbooks. That would make the prices 85 gp and 170 gp for 1st and 2nd level spells within my specialized school, then (illusion, I think).

I'll make more decisions and get a character application together in the coming days!

I'd say Zazarra is pretty much done, maybe some slight cleanup here and there - unless anything is spotted as being missing or problematic - so she's ready to review whenever.