Application Discussion and Question

Gregorotto

19 hours ago, Gregorotto said:

It was suggested to me that, in lieu of further questions, I might open an IC thread for everyone to kind of get a vibe check on each other with.

Is this something y'all would be interested in? Heading towards Thursday?

The one pre-game IC thread I've run into so far was a bit of a mess; cliques started forming pretty much immediately. Great roleplayers, but it did kinda feel like anyone who wasn't part of the in-group was wasting their time. I think it's an excellent idea in theory, but I'm not sure how I'd set it up to avoid human nature bein' all human nature-y.

51 minutes ago, Kavonde said:

The one pre-game IC thread I've run into so far was a bit of a mess; cliques started forming pretty much immediately. Great roleplayers, but it did kinda feel like anyone who wasn't part of the in-group was wasting their time. I think it's an excellent idea in theory, but I'm not sure how I'd set it up to avoid human nature bein' all human nature-y.

I've seen it work well in the way I had suggested through my presumption: that is, to have a scenario or set of questions for which the applicants will respond in-character. Otherwise, like you said, if you get into open, social roleplaying things can get a bit cliquey all too soon. As well, new applicants are usually discouraged from applying because they may have to read bricks of RP just to have an idea of what's going on in the scene.

Edited by Chylopan (see edit history)

Could make it Pre-Adventure Speed Dating Pub Crawl - make one opener, and/or one reaction to each other character, then move on. (Though this is sort-of accomplished by the Impressions section anyway.)

Although you could quickly end up with a traffic jam on someone whose finding themselves popular. Make it full speed dating with a rotational list of Hellos to make...?

Designing this sort of thing to be good and enjoyable seems difficult, precise, unrewarding, and fairly niche.

Still, they could be both fun and tricky - in a way, having clique of 4-6 people forming is exactly what the game is looking for, but then it's a test of who has less social anxiety to just plow into a conversation successfully (that is, in an engaging way).

21 hours ago, Chylopan said:

Trust THE GREAT PLAN, warmblo— I mean friends.

No matter what happens, it's all according to THE GREAT PLAN.

425_50.jpg

A Skaven crossover of Deep Impact/Majora's Mask sounds horrifying. 

Oh wait, The End Times.

4 minutes ago, Eborne1 said:

IC thread of a formal ceremony where nobody is allowed to talk or move around.  *Only observational commentary and inner-dialogue allowed.   

That is actually hilarious and sounds like it could be super effective.

9 hours ago, QuirkyJoe said:

@Gregorotto: Saw your ad today and am hoping my app gets in under the wire. Currently 10:14-ish P.M. on Sept. 21 where I'm at. 
Anyway, thanks for the opportunity and good luck to everyone. 🙂

image.jpeg.3851a8e3e5d562b87d5b8b885b5a5e09.jpeg

Sounds good, looking forward to it!

A reminder to everyone: I plan on replying to everything that gets in before 6 today, starting after I get done with my kids' dentist appointment. That said: there's a really good chance I won't finalize my list until tonight and may not announce it until tomorrow. Just to temper expectations!

10 minutes ago, Gregorotto said:

Sounds good, looking forward to it!

A reminder to everyone: I plan on replying to everything that gets in before 6 today, starting after I get done with my kids' dentist appointment. That said: there's a really good chance I won't finalize my list until tonight and may not announce it until tomorrow. Just to temper expectations!

Copy that, DM. Again, good luck, everyone. Nice apps.