Jump to content

Chapter 3 - Back to Carisport


Blaeringr

Recommended Posts

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 3[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 33/33 [b]AC:[/b] 19 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 2/2 L2 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 2/2 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 19 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 19 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 3
HP: 33/33
AC: 19
Spell Slots: 3/3 L1 2/2 L2
Focus Points: 2/2
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 19
Status: Normal and Healthy
 

Statblock

 

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 2 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8
Speed: 25
AC: 19
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

 

"Ruins are certainly my field of interest! I'd be up to chart those with scholars and our great group here. Though I also feel my heart sink hearing of missing people... think that has anything to do with the rumors you heard last night Chalia? Was that expedition heading North?" asks the little halfling with some worry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The "expedition" that Chalia heard of is a group of settlers establishing new homes north east of Newvale, close to the Table Swamps. The missing expedition is a research expedition checking out something near Glass Creek, further north.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chalia Gremaris Elven Fighter 3

HP: 42/42 | AC: 20 (21 with shield) | speed: 30 | hero: 3/3

Perception: +8 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +8 | Will: +8

conditions: none

 

"No, it's a slightly different direction," Chalia said, "but a missing person's quest is okay for me. Maybe we find they're turned into undead by that Pale Janice. And just to know, what's licenced necromancy? Is that allowed over here?"

 

OOC

exploration activity: scouting (gives a +2 to initiative)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kek-tok-sm
 

 

Hakaja Kek

HP: 42/42 ~ AC: 20 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +7 ~ Ref: +9 ~ Will: +8 ~ Per: +8

Sheet link

 
 
Kek reads the Exploration Society's notices. "I have no wish to map uncharted lands. Archaeology and missing persons would be acceptable. Bounty hunting ... perhaps. It seems to me that a necromantic spell is either a vile thing or it is not, and mortal law cannot transform one into the other."
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 3[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 33/33 [b]AC:[/b] 19 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 2/2 L2 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 2/2 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 19 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 19 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 3
HP: 33/33
AC: 19
Spell Slots: 3/3 L1 2/2 L2
Focus Points: 2/2
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 19
Status: Normal and Healthy
 

Statblock

 

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 2 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8
Speed: 25
AC: 19
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

 

"Seems like we are in accord on taking either the missing person's case or the archeology trip. Any preferences on these two? Cast your votes now people~ For my part, I have more scholarly interest in the ruins..." says Maybell expressing her leaning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 3


HP: 47/47 | AC: 21 | Speed: 35ft | Hero: 3/3 | Focus: 1/1 

Perception: +6 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +11 | Will: +8 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :


Khaine stretched as the group spoke and decided what to do next.

"Healing spells are Necromancy. Sure we all think of the risen dead when we think Necromancy, but reknitting wounds with a spell? Different side of the same coin, or so I've been told. I'm no wizard. I think we should go to the ruin. We know where that is, more or less. Looks like we will be babysitting though. That could be a boon or the opposite! A missing expidition would be harder to find. If we don't find out any trace, then we come home empty handed and no pay."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chalia Gremaris Elven Fighter 3

HP: 42/42 | AC: 20 (21 with shield) | speed: 30 | hero: 3/3

Perception: +8 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +8 | Will: +8

conditions: none

 

"You have a point," Chalia said to Khaine, "I'm more in favour of the missing expedition. The longer that waits, the harder it is to find them back and those scholars can wait a few weeks before starting their expedition in the ruins. And I've worked with guys like that. Hell, my parents were explorers like that. And sometimes it's really like herding cats."

 

OOC

exploration activity: scouting (gives a +2 to initiative)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png Flick

HP: 30/30
AC: 17

Perception +7
Fort +7
Ref +7
Will +7


Flick nods along and says "I heard some people talking a moment ago. It seems a lot of settlers and expeditions are pushing their luck way too far... I wonder if there's something bigger going on? But either way, those people need help..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Society rolls on the topic of necromancy:

Chalia

Flick

Kek

Khaine

Maybell

Religion rolls on the topic of necromancy:

Chalia

Flick

Kek

Khaine

Maybell

Society results:

Flick, Kek, and Khaine all know that necromancy in general is an acceptable enough field in most societies, but raising the dead is a particularly strong taboo.

Maybell knows also that there are a few sanctioned exceptions, but practice under these exceptions needs to follow very strict guidelines and oversight.

Religion results:

Chalia and Khaine are aware that most Paths among the civilized peoples, most religions, believe strongly that undeath is an abomination. The Solar Twins, for example, are explicitly fierce enemies of all undead, which is why many undead fear bright light.

Maybell is aware that a couple of paths (disciples of Mannan and Ugar) selectively allow for the practices of creating undead. Their practices strictly allow only for volunteers who have led long productive lives, for situations where the undead are used to guard sacred sites, not to venture out. For this reason, very few people see or hear about sanctioned undeath necromancy.

 

Edited by Blaeringr (see edit history)
Name
Chalia
10
1d20+7 3
Flick
17
1d20+1 16
Kek
20
1d20 20
Khaine
17
1d20 17
Maybell
24
1d20+7 17
Chalia
16
1d20+1 15
Flick
10
1d20 10
Kek
9
1d20+6 3
Khaine
17
1d20+1 16
Maybell
26
1d20+7+6 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 3[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 33/33 [b]AC:[/b] 19 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 2/2 L2 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 2/2 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 19 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 19 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 3
HP: 33/33
AC: 19
Spell Slots: 3/3 L1 2/2 L2
Focus Points: 2/2
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 19
Status: Normal and Healthy
 

Statblock

 

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 2 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8
Speed: 25
AC: 19
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

 

It seems that most of the team do know the basic rub about necromancy. It is usually the raising of the dead, specially in more monstrous forms which is considered the bad type of necromancy most people know off. Usually she'd be quite talkative about extra details she knows, but when it comes to the little extra sects of sun gods and followers that make their own little exceptions... well, she can save that bit of trivia for another time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 3


HP: 47/47 | AC: 21 | Speed: 35ft | Hero: 3/3 | Focus: 1/1 

Perception: +6 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +11 | Will: +8 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :


Khaine nodded, it seems the group has outvoted him. In truth, he was happy with the result. Helping people who might be in trouble came naturally to him.

"Let us do some shopping, then meet at the employers to get the information we need, and promise of our pay! I'm off to see a man about a horse."

 

Khaine will spend

15g towards the group Bag of Holding
8g on a Riding Horse
6s towards the group Cart
1g on a spare wooden shield
2c on a bedroll
3g on Acid Flask
3g on Alchemist Fire
3g on Antidote
3g on Frost Vial

28g 6s 2c

Also suggest we get a 4 person tent (5g)
4 sleep inside, while the last person is on watch?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 3[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 33/33 [b]AC:[/b] 19 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 2/2 L2 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 2/2 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 19 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 19 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 3
HP: 33/33
AC: 19
Spell Slots: 3/3 L1 2/2 L2
Focus Points: 2/2
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 19
Status: Normal and Healthy
 

Statblock

 

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 2 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8
Speed: 25
AC: 19
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

 

Maybell for her part, focuses her shopping and interests into her newfound passion for scrolls. She does like the idea of having a magical solution on her pocket when the time comes and they need a little bit of specific help. She tries to get a nice variety of useful effects for the journey and for the particular job they will be undertaking.

 

OOC: Shopping List:

 

5 GP towards the wagon.

15 GP towards the bag of holding.

4 GP towards a scroll of Floating Disc

4 GP towards a scroll of Create Water

4 GP towards a scroll of Alarm

4 GP towards a scroll of helpful Steps

8 GP towards two scrolls of Grease

4 GP towards a scroll of Cleanse Cuisine

4 GP towards a scroll of Mending

 

That would be 52 GP in cost if approved.

 

Edited by daltar (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chalia Gremaris Elven Fighter 3

HP: 42/42 | AC: 20 (21 with shield) | speed: 25 (30) | hero: 3/3

Perception: +8 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +8 (+10) | Will: +8

conditions: none

 

With the next mission locked in, Chalia also went shopping. Getting a good horse, better armour and a compass for navigating in the wild, she also gets a good bow and some arrows, just in case they need a ranged option. While she's not the best archer, she has trained with bows and she's certain it will help, for instance in case they need to make a sound strategical and tactical retreat.

 

OOC

exploration activity: scouting (gives a +2 to initiative)

shopping list in OOC

Edited by farothel (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...