Ye Iron Hall

Eric

56 minutes ago, Grudge said:

I thought we have to wrestle with the ropes and stuff in the storm

Oh, sorry, misunderstood. If you're interacting with the ship, yes, Face the Danger is appropriate.

Ahhhh nothing as a warm embrace of the dice 😂. Just to make sure I did everything right. I chose Face Danger rolled 2 10s, and then rolled 1d6 and +1 for the heart. If some numbers should be different add or subtract them from the final tally.

13 minutes ago, Grudge said:

Ahhhh nothing as a warm embrace of the dice 😂. Just to make sure I did everything right. I chose Face Danger rolled 2 10s, and then rolled 1d6 and +1 for the heart. If some numbers should be different add or subtract them from the final tally.

yessir that is correct

So, what does narrative control look like in this situation? I'm rather familiar with PbtA where the moves in a playbook have a defined scope. What are the limits of narrative control in Ironsworn context?

Edited by Feirgon (see edit history)

Hmm not sure for Bjorn, have to hit the sack now anyway, so what consequence I'll take I'll decide tomorrow. But a scene goes try to drag himself back on the boat and give up on sails seeing tiller knock another one off and try to aid them to get it under control. Leaning toward loss of momentum but Stress might be better for narrative overall. Humble pie for Bjorn.

38 minutes ago, Feirgon said:

So, what does narrative control look like in this situation? I'm rather familiar with PbtA where the moves in a playbook have a defined scope. What are the limits of narrative control in Ironsworn context?

So, the language of a Strong Hit is as follows:

You are in control. Envision what you do next.

If you think the scene has had enough drama and want to move along, you can say put us on that path--say, the ship rounds the peninsula into the cove, where the winds don't blow as fiercely and basic navigation is no longer a Face Danger sort of task. Or, you could say that you see a particularly good point to make land, but the crew still needs to traverse some difficult terrain to get there. Ultimately less a question of "do we accomplish the objective" and more "what makes for a fun story from Bjorn's POV" 😀

Damn, dice don't like me. I intended to climb to the top of the mast and cut the rigging (Face Danger) with Edge and use +1 from Trickster Path for it. And I roll nat 1. By the way, since Bjorn was helped I took a reduction in momentum instead of Stress and lowered MoM to 1 on the template.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

Sounds good.

If anyone wants to aid Bjorn with the sail, we can probably turn that weak hit around.

Well, Bjorn did something stupid again but this time, to mostly his surprise, managed to beat the challenge. Let's see how GM adjudicates.

We should have oars, I don't think in that age someone would depend solely on the wind. Have they stayed on board or whole is another story.