Ye Iron Hall

Eric

57 minutes ago, Grudge said:

We should have oars, I don't think in that age someone would depend solely on the wind. Have they stayed on board or whole is another story.

spacer.pngRoman merchant vessels relied exclusively on sails! :)

True, but they probably had spare canvas in the hold for mending. So the current challenge is, Rig Backup Propulsion 😏

Well I'm sorry, looks like somebody will have to jump aboard and push the ship to the shore /jk

Yes, there certainly are oars for backup propulsion on Marpessa's ship! The ship is quite small and paddling is actually how it's mainly propelled around the rocky shores of her home isle, as it allows for greater control. I'll play out the scene where Marpessa distributes them, but let me know what roll do we have to make for paddling to the shore :D (although Marpessa is probably still going to just steer the ship and leave paddling to the rest of the crew)

7 hours ago, bramblefoot said:

am back. depression decided to take a chunk out of me, but im alive!

Nothing really happened. Memorial day and all, hope you're feeling better.

• 2 weeks later...

How, how it's the same person on the same roller. and roll 18 against himself and 5 for himself one after the other. Sorry. This was my strongest bonus, with Tricksters +1 on Secure Advantage

Are there any large rocks nearby? I am thinking Caldas would attempt to shatter one to create a shrapnel effect toward the creature to free himself from its talons.

I thought to use the raven to try and peck at the eye of the beast to distract it, but not sure what to roll. Aid Your Ally, or to go with something more direct and risk with Turn The Tide and hope if Dice doesn't screw me Pay The Price is not that bad.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

On 6/18/2024 at 4:09 PM, Feirgon said:

Are there any large rocks nearby? I am thinking Caldas would attempt to shatter one to create a shrapnel effect toward the creature to free himself from its talons.

Reposting as I am unsure if you saw this question.