The Virtual Tavern

Eric

11 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

To be fair, it is a major holiday - and Eric had mentioned in the Discord that he has food poisoning 😞

Which Discord?  If he has one of his own, I don't have access to that.  If it's the MW Discord, I rarely use anything there but Bot Economy.  A note here would have been helpful.

As far as the major holiday goes, that's why I waited until AFTER Thursday to ask.

Hey gang, sorry it's been too long. I was out of town last weekend, and then my parents came to visit for Thanksgiving so I've been alternately catching up, cleaning up, doing dishes, recovering from food poisoning (ugh), and getting ready for the next batch of holidays. However, I should be back on normal schedule until at least the 22nd. If you don't see daily posts from me over the next three weeks, you should definitely @ me on the MW Discord (or here).

Left it hanging in case there would be an obligatory check for traps; though the odds that a trap would be laid on a box that's hidden underground are pretty small, this is a Gygax-era adventure.

9 hours ago, Eric said:

Left it hanging in case there would be an obligatory check for traps; though the odds that a trap would be laid on a box that's hidden underground are pretty small, this is a Gygax-era adventure.

Well, I'm not too confident in Ashera's ability to check, so she ain't opening the box.

Any word on the contents of the box?  Or did Tala fail to open it (😆)  and/or do I need to roll a strength check?

On 12/1/2022 at 5:49 PM, Cirlot said:
spacer.png
Tala Silvergrave

WORDY WORD WORDS

Out Of Character

Unless someone steps up to play the thief, Tala will open the box - battering open the lid with her shield on the wildly misguided theory that it would offer some protection were it trapped.  I have no concerns about this plan.  😑

Edited by Cirlot (see edit history)

Well, shoot.  Who is Tala going to awkwardly befriend/accidentally hit on now?  More seriously, sad to see you go @Scarecrow71

Bookkeeping stuff: I've recorded the coins from the stash haul on Tala's sheet, I'm leaving the gems to whoever actually takes 'em.  Good thing Tala's lawful otherwise those gems might have just disappeared . . . 😏

And because I'm a chaos gremlin, the kobold-as-torchbearer notion is both just for crits and giggles and if we wanted to recruit a new player to temp the NPC (stat em as a halfling, maybe?) until we got back to town.*To me it feels weirder to step in to an existing PC than it is to step in and play an NPC? I might just be odd, tho.

11 hours ago, Cirlot said:

And because I'm a chaos gremlin, the kobold-as-torchbearer notion is both just for crits and giggles and if we wanted to recruit a new player to temp the NPC (stat em as a halfling, maybe?) until we got back to town.*To me it feels weirder to step in to an existing PC than it is to step in and play an NPC? I might just be odd, tho.

"Hey, we killed all your friends but do you want a job?"

Stranger things have happened in other games I've played so why not?