喋る[Main OOC Thread]

iantruesilver

Anonymous said:

Because we need one. Every forum needs one. Simple as that.

Anyway, yes. Here is our OOC thread. Discuss the game here, everything from character ideas, to player knowledge, to plot progression, to your great grandmother's mochi recipe here!

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

So apparently the ability for GMs to switch their games between private and public, isn’t quite implemented yet.

Adding to that, ya can’t post or reply if you ain’t joined up, so…

For now I guess I’m just gonna start inviting y’all so you can write applications, and we’ll sort this shit out later.

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

I was thinking of making a Kineticist so there's that, either an Aero kineticist that would maybe be a sylph or making an aasimar gloomblade fighter. I am also not opposed to shifting to fill in a healer role or anything the party really needs as long as we can all agree to play what we want.

11 hours ago, iantruesilver said:

So apparently the ability for GMs to switch their games between private and public, isn’t quite implemented yet.

Adding to that, ya can’t post or reply if you ain’t joined up, so…

For now I guess I’m just gonna start inviting y’all so you can write applications, and we’ll sort this shit out later.

Update: we are now “public”. Thanks @Colin!

Which means, it’s booting time! Muahahahahahahahaha…

7 minutes ago, Jubilant Thunder said:

I am curious what your overall intent is for the game, we didn't really get into specifics during the initial discussion. I've only done one-on-one swaps so I'm not sure how it works with a more 'normal' group.

As this AP is a swap we’re running, my intent is to feature your character in the forefront.

Other players will not be neglected. The start of the campaign, as well as plenty of regularly accessible opportunities along the way, will allow them to create characters and join the campaign as needs arise, and some may come and go as players birth or cease their interest.

And while some may stay with us for the long haul, I expect that perhaps a few will be here for a good time, not a long time.

But all in all we should more or less have a steady group of 2 or 3, plus whatever “floaters”/“mercenaries” we may find ourselves with at any time.

1 hour ago, Jubilant Thunder said:

Alright, initial thought would be to play someone related to Ameiko to maximize story tie-in, possibly a younger sibling. Something martial oriented, Samurai maybe?

RAW Ameiko has 2 half-siblings, she's the middle child.  Tsuto (male, half-elf) was born in 4688, one year prior to Ameiko.  Tsuto is an important NPC that contributes to plot during the first 2 modules of RotRL (which I intend to borrow and modify), so no go for him.

Amaya is a younger half-sister.  No direct plot connection within RotRL or JR, so if you want we can borrow her and forego a foray into COT 1&2.

Otherwise, feel free to invent a half- or full-sibling.  Just note that in the case of a full sibling, the mohter Atsuii was murdered in 4702 AR (which shouldn't be a problem because the campaign will begin in 4707, and I assume you will want your character to be older than 5y/o).

At this point, unless you can otherwise justify some kind of samurai training, the Kaino familiy has no retainers or trainers to provide.  Since the days of Ameiko's grandfather settling in Sandpoint, the family has worked as glassblowers.  (Read: Not a no, just not a recommended 1st Lv choice.)

21 minutes ago, NagatoHibiki said:

If we are doing something like that I could maybe play a retainer of yours? A ninja if you dont mind the idea. Though just a suggestion.

Same as above, not a no, just not recommended as a 1st Lv choice without further justification.

9 minutes ago, Leonidas1789 said:

Initial thoughts: sorceress of the Fey bloodline, best friends with Ameiko.

Absolutely no problem with this one.

13 minutes ago, iantruesilver said:

At this point, unless you can otherwise justify some kind of samurai training, the Kaino familiy has no retainers or trainers to provide.  Since the days of Ameiko's grandfather settling in Sandpoint, the family has worked as glassblowers.  (Read: Not a no, just not a recommended 1st Lv choice.)

“I thought you said your dad was a glassblower?”

“All Kaino know two things: glassblowing, and karate!”

29 minutes ago, iantruesilver said:

I was specifically looking at Warrior Poet, so more the idea of a graceful finesse fighter than the aesthetic/cultural identity of a Samurai. Maybe even just an old book/scroll of sword forms from the family library?

Swashbuckler could work as well but doesn't have quite the same vibe.

1 hour ago, NagatoHibiki said:

If we are doing something like that I could maybe play a retainer of yours? A ninja if you dont mind the idea. Though just a suggestion.

I could definitely see a friend that's more familiar with the shady side of things(Rogue or something similar), slowly growing into that role as the story progresses.