喋る[Main OOC Thread]

iantruesilver

If we wind up needing heals (and I end up in the game) I can just as easily shift Cami's build slightly, removing Crossblooded and using Equipment Trick and a level of Oracle to pop her into Mystic Theurge by level 4 to provide additional healing. Heck, I might do that anyways, I like the idea more as I think about it.

Edited by RelentlessImp (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Eborne1 said:

@iantruesilverMay I take the Psychic Sensitivity Feat?

I suppose.  Why not?  It's in the books.  Don't use it to break the game?

On that note though, I'm honestly unfamiliar with psychic and occult rules.  So as the Tian-Min say, "Please be gentle".

9 minutes ago, RelentlessImp said:

If we wind up needing heals (and I end up in the game) I can just as easily shift Cami's build slightly, removing Crossblooded and using Equipment Trick and a level of Oracle to pop her into Mystic Theurge by level 4 to provide additional healing. Heck, I might do that anyways, I like the idea more as I think about it.

Thank you for being flexible.  Trust me, it's appreciated.

Yeah I've already made the changes. Goodbye, Free Empower, but +2 damage/die is almost as good, and I can mix in some Oracular goodness. Now we'll just need to find Cami a sunrod on the adventures. She still won't be able to cast heals til level 2, though.

Edited by RelentlessImp (see edit history)

Just now, iantruesilver said:

I suppose.  Why not?  It's in the books.  Don't use it to break the game?

I have never used these rules but am vehemently against game-breaking.  My character is support intended.  If he becomes a monster by some unforseen circumstance, I have no problem tailoring him.   

3 hours ago, RelentlessImp said:

Yeah I've already made the changes. Goodbye, Free Empower, but +2 damage/die is almost as good, and I can mix in some Oracular goodness. Now we'll just need to find Cami a sunrod on the adventures. She still won't be able to cast heals til level 2, though.

Yay for heals! Huzzah!

3 hours ago, Eborne1 said:

I have never used these rules but am vehemently against game-breaking.  My character is support intended.  If he becomes a monster by some unforseen circumstance, I have no problem tailoring him.   

I’ll take it. Granted 🙂

16 hours ago, iantruesilver said:

On that note though, I'm honestly unfamiliar with psychic and occult rules.  So as the Tian-Min say, "Please be gentle".

Psychic casting is… interesting? But I don’t think there’s much there that’s out of whack with other PF, full stop. The occult rituals specifically are like little flavourful skill uses that so far as I can remember are pretty weak mechanically; occult characters normally get them for free and forget about them, so Psychic Sensitivity the feat is not likely to be anywhere near gamebreaking. 🙂

Oh I trust that paizo wouldn’t publish anything that is severely unbalancing on the whole, it’s just, I’ve seen it on my own live table. Give license, and guaranteed one of my players would take it and break it.

Hence the want to be cautious. Otherwise I trust y’all 🙂

You do? You’re less cynical than me, then! But I think Psychic casting is well within the realms of what already exists. The Psychic is basically a Sorcerer, the Occultist is… weird… and everything else is a L6 or lesser caster. I very much enjoy both the Medium and the Mesmerist; the Spiritualist is a bit niche but great for the right game.

3 hours ago, TheYell said:

Hi! Would you consider an Agathion Aasimar who's a Feral Hunter?  Feral Hunter doesn't get the animal companion, and gets limited use of Druid's Wild Shape at level 4.

I don’t see why not, long as there’s a compelling background story to go along with it.