喋る[Main OOC Thread]

iantruesilver

4 minutes ago, Jubilant Thunder said:

I was specifically looking at Warrior Poet, so more the idea of a graceful finesse fighter than the aesthetic/cultural identity of a Samurai. Maybe even just an old book/scroll of sword forms from the family library?

Swashbuckler could work as well but doesn't have quite the same vibe.

That wouldn't be impossible.  However whatever book or tome found at game start wouldn't come from the Kaino family's possessions (Ameiko isn't supposed to know her destiny yet, cuz y'know, sekrits and shit).  Perhaps look towards Jabyl Sorn (or her deceased father Enderaki) at the House of Blue Stones?  Irori seems to be commonly worshipped between Avistan, Casmaron as well as Tian-Xia, so it could be conceivable (read: in fact highly likely) that some text describing samurai traditions may have been mixed in with monastic monk texts. 

Just making sure I have all my ducks in a row. At this point Ameiko is 18, having left home for her ill-fated adventure at 16, returned and bought the Rusty Dragon a year ago. A younger sibling would probably be two years behind, not old enough to go with Ameiko when she left originally but now 16(and I can just see that argument: 'I'm the same age you were when you went running off!' 'Yeah and I almost died, no you're not coming with me!').

So there would have been a year or so while Ameiko was gone when the sibling would have been stuck at home with their father and may have started spending time at the House of Blue Stones just to get away, and finds these old Tian texts about sword forms.

1 minute ago, Jubilant Thunder said:

Just making sure I have all my ducks in a row. At this point Ameiko is 18, having left home for her ill-fated adventure at 16, returned and bought the Rusty Dragon a year ago. A younger sibling would probably be two years behind, not old enough to go with Ameiko when she left originally but now 16(and I can just see that argument: 'I'm the same age you were when you went running off!' 'Yeah and I almost died, no you're not coming with me!').

So there would have been a year or so while Ameiko was gone when the sibling would have been stuck at home with their father and may have started spending time at the House of Blue Stones just to get away, and finds these old Tian texts about sword forms.

Yeah, totally cool with that idea.

15 minutes ago, farothel said:

Do you allow archetypes?  I would like to make a ranger with guide archetype.

Yep.  As long as it's paizo content, its generally fine.  I'm not policing the PFS stuff very much, that's just up there for formality realistically these days.

23 minutes ago, Naimless said:

@iantruesilver All your GM notes are visible. Just saying.

Bah!  Thank you for that @Naimless.  That must've been something that changed when the mods flipped the game over to public.

Hope not too many sekrits are now being leaked & plastered all over the intarwebbs... >.<

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Naimless said:

So the other characters should be mercenaries, or people not as tightly connected to the plot?

Just want to check how 'main character' the main character is supposed to be. 🙂

Realistically?  Your call.  You wanna be here for a good time, or a long time?