Jump to content

Prelude — Sandpoint


iantruesilver

Recommended Posts

image.png.5248c381aaecbcba9b8ca9f631612e8e.png

Statblock

Darhana
Female CG Half-elf Ranger (Guide), Level 1, Init 3, HP 12/12,Speed 40ft
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 15, Fort 3, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
2-handed longbow (60) +4 (1d8, x3)
Longsword +2 (1d8+1, 19-20/x2)
dagger (cold iron) +2 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Studded Leather, light wooden shield (+3 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex)
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10
Condition: None

As soon as she's on the other side, she will take her rope, ready to throw it to anybody who falls in, or gets caught in the current.  She hopes it won't be needed, but she'd rather prepare and not need it than not prepare and need it.

 

OOC

none

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neskas Weengoditin

spacer.pngSeeing the spare horse on the other side of the river again, Neskas sighs and drops his pack and saddlebags before heading back over to grab the lead of the spare horse and guide it back across.

Statblock

Neskas Weengoditin S NG Gnome Cavalier, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init15[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 13/13, [B]Speed[/B] 15[B]AC[/B] 19, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 18, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 1, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   [B]reach Lance (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, x3)[B]  Longsword (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)[B]  Shortbow (20) [/B] 3 (1d4, x3)[B]  Scale Mail[/B], [B]  Heavy Steel Shield[/B] (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size)[B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 14[B]Condition[/B] None 

Snappy
M N WolfDog Mount (Charger), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 2, [B]HP[/B] 18/18, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]CMD[/b] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +3, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   
[B]  Bite [/B] 3 (1d6+2, x2)
[B]  Studded Leather Barding[/B] (+3 Armor, +2 Dex, +2 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 15, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 6
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch and OOC

Ride check should be a 10: Cavaliers ignore ACP on ride check and I was slow spotting that 2 of the penalty was from his shield.

 

 

Edited by Inash (see edit history)
Name
snappy swim w light load
12
1d20+2 10
ride
15
1d20+7 8
snappy swim back
16
1d20+2 14
ride back
22
1d20+7 15
handle animal to bring the horse
19
1d20+6 13
second swim check for the first crossing
11
1d20+2 9
and a third
9
1d20+2 7
4th?
14
1d20+2 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/23/2023 at 12:08 AM, madMonk said:
Sister Azura

"How long does your sleeping magic last?" Azura asks the trainee wizard.

Bianca Pohlo

apprentice_wizard_by_matbudimir_dcrqsex-pre.jpg

"Well, um... I'm not quite... probably not long?" Bianca says, in answer to Azura's question. She looks at the other woman only to realise that she seems now to be paying more attention to the river - and the rest of the group, who are already busying themselves with crossing it - than Bianca. But then, people do seem to lose interest in Bianca faster than she might have chosen...

"Uh... I, uh, suppose we're crossing here, then?" She asks. She glances down at the wolf... it had better be soon, too. "I, um... there isn't a bridge or anything, I suppose?"

 

Name
Knowledge (Geography) (untrained)
22
1d20+5 17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neskas Weengoditin

spacer.pngNeskas pauses before leading the spare horse over. “The bridge was here and is gone now. Why don’t you climb up on this horse and let it carry you. I’ll lead it”

Statblock

Neskas Weengoditin S NG Gnome Cavalier, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init15[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 13/13, [B]Speed[/B] 15[B]AC[/B] 19, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 18, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 1, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   [B]reach Lance (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, x3)[B]  Longsword (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)[B]  Shortbow (20) [/B] 3 (1d4, x3)[B]  Scale Mail[/B], [B]  Heavy Steel Shield[/B] (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size)[B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 14[B]Condition[/B] None 

Snappy
M N WolfDog Mount (Charger), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 2, [B]HP[/B] 18/18, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]CMD[/b] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +3, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   
[B]  Bite [/B] 3 (1d6+2, x2)
[B]  Studded Leather Barding[/B] (+3 Armor, +2 Dex, +2 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 15, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 6
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch and OOC

Ride check should be a 10: Cavaliers ignore ACP on ride check and I was slow spotting that 2 of the penalty was from his shield.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sister Azura

654945713_PNGimage.png.43e39c008b5a6a0461eb3aa3b4a85ff7.pngAzura begins removing her armour and stuffing it into her backpack. "The bridge is broken, but there is that tree trunk over there that Darhana crossed. And the water near these rocks seems to  be moving a little slower- it should be easier to cross here.

"Are you a good swimmer, Bianca? Or a good balancer? If not, you should take Neskas up on that and hop on the horse." Once she has finished doffing and securing her armour, Azura begins to wade into the water. She flashes a grin at the trainee mage. "Race you to the other size?" With that, the tiefling dives into the waters, taking the slightly easier path she saw earlier.


Going to swim slightly upstream by the submerged rocks, as per my perception check. Taking 10 on my swim check for a 14. Also rolling Perform (diving) for fun.

 

Name
Perform (Diving)
20
1d20+3 17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neskas and Snappy have an alright time getting back over to the north shore where the other horse and Bianca are, and in the meantime Kaichar is making his way across, wading through the shallower parts and swimming through the deeper stuff in the middle.

 

As Azura swan dives and disappears under the surface after a little bit of treading out from the edge, Bianca remembers that the closest farm road crossing is more than three quarters of a mile from here. The bridge here along Lost Coast Road would've indeed been the most convenient access across, if it weren't for the fact that it's been damaged somehow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bianca Pohlo

apprentice_wizard_by_matbudimir_dcrqsex-pre.jpg

"Uh... very well, then." Bianca nods her acceptance, though she looks reluctant. "Thank you."

It's hard to tell if the horse is friendly or not. It doesn't look tremendously amused... Bianca assumes that it probably doesn't have time for her. Well, it's hardly her fault that she's not good with animals, is it? Still, with Neskas' help she is able to climb - in a most unladylike fashion - onto its back, where she clings on for dear life.

"Woah, this is... um... it's higher than I expected..."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The remainder of the group get across the creek more or less safely.  Lars, having seen the ranger's steps along the log earlier, makes almost a show of how easy his own crossing is.  Kaichar's half-swimming half-wading across seems reminscent of a child playing in a bath.

 

After Bianca manages to scramble up onto the horse, her feet kicking off one side of the animal as she shuffles her belly desperately over the top of the saddle, Neskas guides the mount by the lead as the pair of riders traverse the creek together.  A couple times the two feel as though they would lose grip of their respective beasts of burden, but after some floundering the pair manage to get onto the bank on the south side.

 

Azura emerges from under the surface of the water directly after, as though a mermaid coming up from her ocean world to sunbathe on the bank.

 

 

((  Leaving this thread up for any loose ends to RP out, but otherwise we can transition to the next chapter. ))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sister Azura

654945713_PNGimage.png.43e39c008b5a6a0461eb3aa3b4a85ff7.png“Looks like you beat me across after all!”  Azura says to Bianca with a grin. The Tiefling quick dons her (now sodden) armour before the party sallies forth.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngNoriko rides the horse across and on the other side, takes it's saddle and gear off, rubbing it down and drying it off so that a chill doesn't settle in the animal's muscles.  She keeps a wary eye out as she does this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neskas Weengoditin

spacer.pngOnce back over, Neskas takes a few minutes to pull Snappy's barding and saddle off so the dog can shake and get a good roll in and dry off. 

Statblock

Neskas Weengoditin S NG Gnome Cavalier, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init15[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 13/13, [B]Speed[/B] 15[B]AC[/B] 19, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 18, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 1, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   [B]reach Lance (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, x3)[B]  Longsword (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)[B]  Shortbow (20) [/B] 3 (1d4, x3)[B]  Scale Mail[/B], [B]  Heavy Steel Shield[/B] (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size)[B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 14[B]Condition[/B] None 

Snappy
M N WolfDog Mount (Charger), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 2, [B]HP[/B] 18/18, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]CMD[/b] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +3, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   
[B]  Bite [/B] 3 (1d6+2, x2)
[B]  Studded Leather Barding[/B] (+3 Armor, +2 Dex, +2 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 15, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 6
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch and OOC

Ride check should be a 10: Cavaliers ignore ACP on ride check and I was slow spotting that 2 of the penalty was from his shield.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned

  

 

spacer.png

Kaichar

Wading out of the river and shrinking back to his still imposing normal size as he does so, the red-skinned tiefling takes a moment to dry off, making use of the nearby grass much like Snappy, and letting the hide armour dry somewhat in the sun before donning it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...