Jump to content

Prelude — Sandpoint


iantruesilver

Recommended Posts

Neskas Weengoditin

spacer.pngNeskas resets his lance and charges the remaining wolf on that flank.

Statblock

Neskas Weengoditin S NG Gnome Cavalier, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init15[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 13/13, [B]Speed[/B] 15[B]AC[/B] 19, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 18, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 1, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   [B]reach Lance (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, x3)[B]  Longsword (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)[B]  Shortbow (20) [/B] 3 (1d4, x3)[B]  Scale Mail[/B], [B]  Heavy Steel Shield[/B] (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size)[B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 14[B]Condition[/B] None 

Snappy
M N WolfDog Mount (Charger), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 2, [B]HP[/B] 18/18, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]CMD[/b] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +3, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   
[B]  Bite [/B] 3 (1d6+2, x2)
[B]  Studded Leather Barding[/B] (+3 Armor, +2 Dex, +2 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 15, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 6
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch and OOC

full round: charge wolf 2 - forgot the +1 from bardic inspiration on the attack roll, if that matters.
Move: 

Standard: share teamwork feat Escape Route

 

 

Edited by Inash (see edit history)
Name
charge!!
12
1d20+6 6
damage because I'm sure it's a miss and will be disappointing
15
2d6+6 3,6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sister Azura

654945713_PNGimage.png.43e39c008b5a6a0461eb3aa3b4a85ff7.pngFeeling bad about hurting the wolf, Azura tries to gently knock it out. With her teeth. Unfortunately, the canine dodges out of the way. Azura sighs and steps away from it, giving it space to run away.


FRA: Bite and stab

Free: 5ft step away.

Does not maintain performance. Effects persist for one extra round (memorable trait).

 

Edited by madMonk (see edit history)
Name
Nonlethal Bite
3
1d20-4 7
Nonlethal Odachi
4
1d20+2 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png

Lars moves to a wolf nearby, already threaten by allies, and stabs at it with his short sword.

 

OOC Specifics

I think the diagonal means flanking with the person with reach.  This appears to be wolf 1

.

Short Statblock|CisMale NG Half-Elf Rogue (unchained), Level 1, Init 4, HP 10/10, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 15, Flat-footed 13, CMD 16, Fort 2, Ref 6, Will 2, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
short sword +4 (1d6+1, 19-20 x2)
dagger +4 (1d4_1, 19-20 x2)
javelin (3) +4 (1d6+1, 20 x2)
studded leather (+3 Armor, +4 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8
Condition +1 to attack rolls to those that threaten Shalelu; +1 perception to detect traps and to disable device skill to disarm them; +2 saving throw vs enchantment spells and effects; immune to magic sleep.
low light vision

 

 

Name
to hit wolf
27
1d20+7 20
damage
8
1d6+1d6+2 1,5
confirm crit
12
1d20+7 5
if confirm crit damage bonus
3
1d6+2 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bianca Pohlo

apprentice_wizard_by_matbudimir_dcrqsex-pre.jpg

By the time Bianca has finished her spell, the wolves and warriors have already clashed, and the animals have mostly turned tail and run.

Hoping at least to achieve something useful, Bianca aims the arcane energies that her spell has summoned at one of the nearby wolves, just in case the danger isn't yet over.

Show this

No action, but Sleep completes. Aim it at... whatever's left? Number 2?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.png

Kaichar

Satisfied that several of the wolves have turned tail, the enormous tiefling turns his focus to those for whom hunger overpowers their fear. He strides closer to the wolf on their Eastern flank, the sharp claws at the ends of his long arms striking out once, twice in rapid succession, a bestial snarl escaping his throat as he attacks.

 

Mechanics

enlarge person is active. 1 minute duration (10 rounds remain). Strength 19, Dex 12. AC 15. Claws +3/+3 (1d6+4).

Claw Attack 1

Claw Attack 2

Claw 1 Damage

Claw 2 Damage

Name
Claw Attack 1
16
1d20+3 13
Claw Attack 2
23
1d20+3 20
Claw 1 Damage
6
1d6+4 2
Claw 2 Damage
8
1d6+4 4
Claw Attack 2 Crit Confirm
19
1d20+3 16
Claw Attack 2 Extra Damage
9
1d6+4 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
Combat — Round 2

Initiative Order

PCs: Average (K 19, Ne 17, L 16, No 11, B 11, A 9, D 5) = 12.57

Wolves: 10

spacer.png

 

As several of the pack tuck tail and flee, Noriko's starknife slices only a few strands of fur as she gives chase.

 

Kaichar turns his claws towards the wolf to his right, still nervously growling. Darhana's aims her bow at the animal, and with an opening she sends an arrow into its backside.

 

Just then, with one swipe on the top of the animal's back, Kaichar caught it off guard while it was reeling and unintentionally revealing its belly to the large tiefling. Another blow cuts it directly in the soft parts of its left flank and a pathetic yelp is cut short as the wolf hits the ground without moving.

 

Azura's attempts to subdue the injured wolf bore little fruit. On the other hand, exercising little mercy on the wounded, Lars stabs the ailing wolf that had begun to limp and lick its wounds, bringing it down with his shortsword stabbing through its hindquarters.

 

As Neskas swings around and charges the leftmost wolf, it manages to dodge just a hair's width out of the way, avoiding getting skewered like the previous one before.

 

But timing is everything of course, and as Bianca's arcane chanting concludes, directing her spell towards the same wolf, it promptly drops to the ground where it stood, a light snore emanating from its lips.

 

 

[[ Map — Cougar Creek ]]

(( Your choice what you want to do with the sleeping wolf. ))

 

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
H,N,C,B,LF,RF,A,P,LL,RL,LR,RR
5
1d12 5
H,N,C,B,LF,RF,A,P,LL,RL,LR,RR
4
1d12 4
H,N,C,B,LF,RF,A,P,LL,RL,LR,RR
8
1d12 8
2 Will Save
8
1d20+1 7
H,N,C,B,LF,RF,A,P,LL,RL,LR,RR
4
1d12 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sister Azura

654945713_PNGimage.png.43e39c008b5a6a0461eb3aa3b4a85ff7.pngAzura looks unsurely at the snoozing wolf. "How long will that last?" she asks Bianca. "Should we just.. go? I don't really want to kill it if we don't have to." With the thrill of battle fading, Azura grimaces and begins to rinse the taste of wet dog from her mouth.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.5248c381aaecbcba9b8ca9f631612e8e.png

Statblock

Darhana
Female CG Half-elf Ranger (Guide), Level 1, Init 3, HP 12/12,Speed 40ft
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 15, Fort 3, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
2-handed longbow (60) +4 (1d8, x3)
Longsword +2 (1d8+1, 19-20/x2)
dagger (cold iron) +2 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Studded Leather, light wooden shield (+3 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex)
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10
Condition: None

"I think they were just hungry," Darhana said as he moves closer to investigate the sleeping wolf, taking care not to wake it, "Otherwise they would never attack a group like us.  If we just leave a bit of food, like beef jerky or something, and then move on, they shouldn't follow us.  But it does make me wonder what is going on that wolves can't find enough to eat."

 

OOC investigate

knowledge nature I guess

 

Name
knowledge nature
11
1d20+6 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png

"No" Lars walks over to the sleeping wolf with the short sword ready. "These are animals that have decided to attack people.  We let it go, and later get closer to a village and attack less capable folks or children  - we will have had a hand in those deaths. And for all we know, these critters ripped the animals and frightened the workers. There are a lot of us - I doubt we are the first people they have attacked."

 

OOC Specifics

Has not done the coup de grace but is ready to do so.

.

Short Statblock|CisMale NG Half-Elf Rogue (unchained), Level 1, Init 4, HP 10/10, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 15, Flat-footed 13, CMD 16, Fort 2, Ref 6, Will 2, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
short sword +4 (1d6+1, 19-20 x2)
dagger +4 (1d4_1, 19-20 x2)
javelin (3) +4 (1d6+1, 20 x2)
studded leather (+3 Armor, +4 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8
Condition +1 to attack rolls to those that threaten Shalelu; +1 perception to detect traps and to disable device skill to disarm them; +2 saving throw vs enchantment spells and effects; immune to magic sleep.
low light vision

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The creekside is now calm following the conclusion of that minor skirmish. While the afternoon autumn sun has now been obscured by the clouds rolling in toward the shore.

 

Aside from the bodies of several wolves, and the one for now sleeping, the place is still more or less the spitting image of Sandpoint's beautiful Hinterlands.

 

Darhana Only

These wolves do look rather lean, you're inclined to think that they haven't eaten much in the past week or so.

 

Though that said, while things are readily in flux in these parts, you're not aware that there's any notable issues in the local food web, none that would mean a pack of predators would struggle like this…


(( End of Combat. 455XP gained each. ))

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.5248c381aaecbcba9b8ca9f631612e8e.png

Statblock

Darhana
Female CG Half-elf Ranger (Guide), Level 1, Init 3, HP 12/12,Speed 40ft
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 15, Fort 3, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
2-handed longbow (60) +4 (1d8, x3)
Longsword +2 (1d8+1, 19-20/x2)
dagger (cold iron) +2 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Studded Leather, light wooden shield (+3 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex)
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10
Condition: None

"Strange," Darhana said, "it hasn't eaten in a few days, but for wolves that's not all that unusual.  It should be okay if the group manages to take down a deer or so, and I've seen tracks of those.  Can anybody maybe check to see if they are being magically compelled?"

 

OOC

asking for someone with detect magic to see if there's anything magical about those wolves?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sister Azura

654945713_PNGimage.png.43e39c008b5a6a0461eb3aa3b4a85ff7.png“I think they might just have been hungry enough to attack whoever passed by. We should be getting as far as we can before the wolf wakes up. But I guess it wouldn’t hurt to check for magic.” 

The Tiefling nudges Bianca with an elbow. “Think you can check the wolf for mind control? Is that something you can do?”


OOC: Detect Magic could probably tell us if there’s anything funky going on. The wolf will have at least one enchantment aura already though, from Sleep.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngNoriko looks at the wolves, riding Luci over to where the sleeping one is.  "There is a spell that priests and oracles can learn which allows one to detect charms, compulsions or possession.  But it is not one that I currently know."

Edited by Wiz (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neskas Weengoditin

spacer.pngNeskas cleans off his lance and wanders back to the rest of the group. “I’m inclined to let the sleeping wolf go. With fewer mouths to feed the pack will have less problems finding food and shouldn’t cause problems.”

Statblock

Neskas Weengoditin S NG Gnome Cavalier, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init15[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 13/13, [B]Speed[/B] 15[B]AC[/B] 19, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 18, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 1, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   [B]reach Lance (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, x3)[B]  Longsword (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)[B]  Shortbow (20) [/B] 3 (1d4, x3)[B]  Scale Mail[/B], [B]  Heavy Steel Shield[/B] (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size)[B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 14[B]Condition[/B] None 

Snappy
M N WolfDog Mount (Charger), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 2, [B]HP[/B] 18/18, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]CMD[/b] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +3, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   
[B]  Bite [/B] 3 (1d6+2, x2)
[B]  Studded Leather Barding[/B] (+3 Armor, +2 Dex, +2 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 15, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 6
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch and OOC

full round: charge wolf 2 - forgot the +1 from bardic inspiration on the attack roll, if that matters.
Move: 

Standard: share teamwork feat Escape Route

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngNoriko looks thoughtful, "You know, in retrospect there is a thing I should mention.  Earlier today, at the inn, a family of wild boars appeared on the street and we had to kill them; Ameiko, Sandru and I.  That would make the second wild animal attack in a day; and I was present for both of them."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...