Jump to content

Prelude — Sandpoint


iantruesilver

Recommended Posts

spacer.png

"I guess this means we need to smack those down, to make sure they stay down," Lars says, "but that doesn't feel good to say."

 

 

OOC Specifics

.

.

Short Statblock|CisMale NG Half-Elf Rogue (unchained), Level 1, Init 4, HP 10/10, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 15, Flat-footed 13, CMD 16, Fort 2, Ref 6, Will 2, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
short sword +4 (1d6+1, 19-20 x2)
dagger +4 (1d4_1, 19-20 x2)
javelin (3) +4 (1d6+1, 20 x2)
studded leather (+3 Armor, +4 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8
Condition +1 to attack rolls to those that threaten Shalelu; +1 perception to detect traps and to disable device skill to disarm them; +2 saving throw vs enchantment spells and effects; immune to magic sleep.
low light vision

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.5248c381aaecbcba9b8ca9f631612e8e.png

statblock

Darhana
Female CG Half-elf Ranger (Guide), Level 1, Init 3, HP 12/12,Speed 40ft
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 15, Fort 3, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
2-handed longbow (60) +4 (1d8, x3)
Longsword +2 (1d8+1, 19-20/x2)
dagger (cold iron) +2 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Studded Leather, light wooden shield (+3 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex)
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10
Condition: None 

"Orcs have indeed this annoying habit of going on longer than they should," Darhana said from the front of the group, "That's why it's not a bad idea to stab them one more time, just to be sure."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sister Azura

654945713_PNGimage.png.43e39c008b5a6a0461eb3aa3b4a85ff7.png
Azura has returned to her spot near the front of the group. Now that the danger has passed, she looks pensive. “Do you think we could have reasoned with them?”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neskas Weengoditin

spacer.pngNeskas sighs. "Doubtful. Young men out to prove themselves tend to not be reasonable. A reasonable orc would've backed off from even approaching a well-armed group our size."

Statblock

Neskas Weengoditin S NG Gnome Cavalier, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init15[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 13/13, [B]Speed[/B] 15[B]AC[/B] 19, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 18, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 1, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   [B]reach Lance (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, x3)[B]  Longsword (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)[B]  Shortbow (20) [/B] 3 (1d4, x3)[B]  Scale Mail[/B], [B]  Heavy Steel Shield[/B] (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size)[B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 14[B]Condition[/B] None 

Snappy
M N WolfDog Mount (Charger), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 2, [B]HP[/B] 18/18, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]CMD[/b] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +3, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   
[B]  Bite [/B] 3 (1d6+2, x2)
[B]  Studded Leather Barding[/B] (+3 Armor, +2 Dex, +2 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 15, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch and OOC

Move: 30' on mount

Standard: share teamwork feat Escape Route

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sister Azura

654945713_PNGimage.png.43e39c008b5a6a0461eb3aa3b4a85ff7.png"I suppose you're right," Azura says with a sigh. She goes quiet for a second, mulling over her words, before continuing. 

"It's just... I've never killed anyone before. It's not how I thought it'd be. A second ago those orcs had a tribe, and likes and dislikes. And now they're dead."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neskas Weengoditin

spacer.pngNeskas thinks for a moment. "I'm not going to say it's easy or should be easy to kill. We did the best we could do with the information we had. At the end of the day, that's all any of us can do - our best based on what we know when we are in the middle of things.

I think we did do the right think in attacking first. They had the road blocked and set up for an ambush. If they had been working to clear the road, they would have been near the downed tree with tools. Which reminds me, we should probably clear that on our way back to town."

Statblock

Neskas Weengoditin S NG Gnome Cavalier, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init15[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 13/13, [B]Speed[/B] 15[B]AC[/B] 19, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 18, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 1, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   [B]reach Lance (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, x3)[B]  Longsword (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)[B]  Shortbow (20) [/B] 3 (1d4, x3)[B]  Scale Mail[/B], [B]  Heavy Steel Shield[/B] (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size)[B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 14[B]Condition[/B] None 

Snappy
M N WolfDog Mount (Charger), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 2, [B]HP[/B] 18/18, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]CMD[/b] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +3, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   
[B]  Bite [/B] 3 (1d6+2, x2)
[B]  Studded Leather Barding[/B] (+3 Armor, +2 Dex, +2 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 15, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch and OOC

Move: 30' on mount

Standard: share teamwork feat Escape Route

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.5248c381aaecbcba9b8ca9f631612e8e.png

Statblock

Darhana
Female CG Half-elf Ranger (Guide), Level 1, Init 3, HP 12/12,Speed 40ft
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 15, Fort 3, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
2-handed longbow (60) +4 (1d8, x3)
Longsword +2 (1d8+1, 19-20/x2)
dagger (cold iron) +2 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Studded Leather, light wooden shield (+3 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex)
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10
Condition: None 

"The only reasoning Orcs know is bigger army diplomacy," Darhana said derisively.  She looked at the tree and then to Neskas.

"Or let those workers know.  They have the tools for it.  Waraxes are not made to chop wood.  You can, but it's not good for it."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neskas Weengoditin

spacer.pngNeskas shrugs. "Larger army diplomacy does work. You have to be careful dismissing a possible enemy like that though. Orcs can be canny enemies as well as brutes. "

Statblock

Neskas Weengoditin S NG Gnome Cavalier, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init15[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 13/13, [B]Speed[/B] 15[B]AC[/B] 19, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 18, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 1, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   [B]reach Lance (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, x3)[B]  Longsword (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)[B]  Shortbow (20) [/B] 3 (1d4, x3)[B]  Scale Mail[/B], [B]  Heavy Steel Shield[/B] (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size)[B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 14[B]Condition[/B] None 

Snappy
M N WolfDog Mount (Charger), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 2, [B]HP[/B] 18/18, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]CMD[/b] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +3, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   
[B]  Bite [/B] 3 (1d6+2, x2)
[B]  Studded Leather Barding[/B] (+3 Armor, +2 Dex, +2 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 15, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 6
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch and OOC

Move: 30' on mount

Standard: share teamwork feat Escape Route

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sister Azura

654945713_PNGimage.png.43e39c008b5a6a0461eb3aa3b4a85ff7.pngThe tiefling seems taken aback by Darhana's derision. "I'm glad it shouldn't be easy," she says in response to Neskas. "I hope killing never is." Then, with the air of a quote, she mutters (to herself more than anyone), "I will learn the weight of my sword. Without my heart to guide it, it is worthless."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png

Kaichar

The loping gait of the red tiefling brings him line with the blue one at the lead of their band. "Young wolves will often leave the pack to hunt on their own. They know they might not return." He offers his own, quiet wisdom. "You are alive. Those who would hunt you are not. It is the way of things. As sure as seasons turn and the tide goes in and out. They would not have hesitated to harm you or the others here of softer skin than you." He shrugs, a long-fingered hand rubbing at his jawline. "You did not kill for sport. While you might not eat them, you did not seek the conflict."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The group has been been on the road after leaving behind the orc ambush and the thicket around Sandpoint for an hour now, following Lost Coast Road around the base of the jagged hills that separate this part of the coastal lowlands from the various dangers lurking within and around Devil's Platter.

 

Having passed the headwaters of a small stream at the foot of one of those hills about half an hour back, the road now pushes closer to the shores of the Varisian Gulf. Here, with the mountains to one side and the ocean opposite, the view is quite magnificent.

 

In the distance from behind, the group now notices the sound of several horses approaching.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neskas Weengoditin

spacer.pngNeskas blandly takes in the majestic scenery. In his time as a caravan guard, such views had turned mundane. At the sound of hooves in the distance behind them, he spins Snappy around, lance upright and ready to snap down into position should the horses be trouble.

"Travelers behind." He calls out to warn the others as he watches the distance.

 

Statblock

Neskas Weengoditin S NG Gnome Cavalier, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init15[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 13/13, [B]Speed[/B] 15[B]AC[/B] 19, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 18, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 1, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   [B]reach Lance (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, x3)[B]  Longsword (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)[B]  Shortbow (20) [/B] 3 (1d4, x3)[B]  Scale Mail[/B], [B]  Heavy Steel Shield[/B] (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size)[B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 14[B]Condition[/B] None 

Snappy
M N WolfDog Mount (Charger), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 2, [B]HP[/B] 18/18, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]CMD[/b] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +3, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   
[B]  Bite [/B] 3 (1d6+2, x2)
[B]  Studded Leather Barding[/B] (+3 Armor, +2 Dex, +2 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 15, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 6
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch and OOC

Move: 30' on mount

Standard: share teamwork feat Escape Route

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngAs the people come up from behind you see Noriko riding one horse and leading another, while next to her on his own horse is Sandru.  Noriko waves her hand toward you all, "Greetings, good to see the party together and on task, I'm here to join you."

Edited by Wiz (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neskas Weengoditin

spacer.pngNeskas waves back, recognizing his former boss and a young woman who he thinks he saw at the inn.

"Ho Sandaru and friend. Welcome." 

 

Statblock

Neskas Weengoditin S NG Gnome Cavalier, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init15[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 13/13, [B]Speed[/B] 15[B]AC[/B] 19, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 18, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 1, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   [B]reach Lance (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, x3)[B]  Longsword (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)[B]  Shortbow (20) [/B] 3 (1d4, x3)[B]  Scale Mail[/B], [B]  Heavy Steel Shield[/B] (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size)[B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 14[B]Condition[/B] None 

Snappy
M N WolfDog Mount (Charger), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 2, [B]HP[/B] 18/18, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]CMD[/b] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +3, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   
[B]  Bite [/B] 3 (1d6+2, x2)
[B]  Studded Leather Barding[/B] (+3 Armor, +2 Dex, +2 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 15, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 6
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch and OOC

Move: 30' on mount

Standard: share teamwork feat Escape Route

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.5248c381aaecbcba9b8ca9f631612e8e.png

Statblock

Darhana
Female CG Half-elf Ranger (Guide), Level 1, Init 3, HP 12/12,Speed 40ft
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 15, Fort 3, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
2-handed longbow (60) +4 (1d8, x3)
Longsword +2 (1d8+1, 19-20/x2)
dagger (cold iron) +2 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Studded Leather, light wooden shield (+3 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex)
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10
Condition: None

Darhana had been at the front of the group, scouting ahead.  When Neskas announces the people coming up from behind, she does turn, bow ready, but still keeps an eye out on things at the front, just in case this was a more elaborate ambush than three teenage Orcs.

"Oh, hey, Sandru," she said with a smile as she recognised the caravan leader, "babysitting duty today I see."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...