The Actual OOC Thread!

GM Saint

15 hours ago, TheGospel said:

So we have to discuss them going to the library even though you just found out they aren't going to the library... hm. Maybe we just fudge the scene to be after you get back so we can actually talk?

No because we had to have gone to Tel's room to even learn a heading(As in, Murdain and Niko wouldnt have left without going to the room). I was going to propose we all talk after Nikoletta and Murdain get back but Saint says we're not going to get Barkvin away in the evening so any talk with party will have to be in the morning.

So... Could fast forward to morning whenever everyone's done. Apart from that dont know.

EDIT: We cant really fastforward though since Barkvin scene is ongoing. I'm not sure how we can advance room talk.

Edited by Diofant (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, GM Saint said:

OOC:

The map is a little blurry when you zoom in. It wasn't when I set it up but you can still see the landmarks. I disabled Roll20's grid for this map since the map has it's own grid but your tokens won't 'snap' to a tile so take note when moving.

I placed Aaliyah's token down about where you guys are meeting up to discuss your plan so plop your own tokens down around hers somewhere.

I opened the map, but all I can see is a white background, with a tent in the middle and a bunch of folks around it with Aaliyah off to the right. I placed Barkvin near Aaliyah. If there are terrain features like trees or bushes, I can't see them. (Maybe you put the map on the GM layer instead of the map layer? Maybe not?)

The issue has been resolved! Not sure what the issue WAS so I just reuploaded the map and fixed it again.

So note you're not in the place your tokens are. I just want your tokens down. I figure you're a couple hundred feet from the camp when you stop to plan your approach.

My offer is basically this. Approach from upwind, Murdain has to get closer to communicate with Niko anyway. Murdain hits chokepoint along with most werewolves with Plant Growth. They then get funneled into a chokepoint and casters can take those two positions i marked with X to bombard them. Melee holds them back. They'll get to us eventually maybe but we'd be dealing with a lot less at once.

A lot depends how Niko plays it because if she pulls back north then we can chokepoint, if not then we have to fight all 5 plus 2? Bosses at once. We do have aoe so not too bad. I can drop Slow in prep for Fireball. Tel is an issue if they take him hostage, best I can do there is Vortex Warp him away from the pole. I can also pull out Niko that way but not both at once.

spacer.png

This is what I need from everyone. I need a declaration of what you're doing. Which direction you're approaching from, if you're casting anything in advance, etc. Also, tokens.

4 minutes ago, TheGospel said:

I do my best work at ground level so I want to just wade in... but I can wade in from the north!

I figured you might hop up on the rock with misty step since Saint said they're 15 ft high so anuone climbing woild need to use full turn and maybe a roll.

I would like to use Plant Growth on the south where indicated because it denies most enemies movemwnt for now, after getting atop the rock formation so I can relay this via mental message to Niko. Rest I can work as we go. Allie said she wants to stay in melee so it'll only sorta be a bottleneck but still better than nothing, and we only need to dispose of 5 wolves to get to her.

I would like Barkvin to climb up on the rock in the middle of the map (the bigger one with the red x adjacent to the enemies) and throw down a spell at the beginning of combat.

3 hours ago, TheGospel said:

I'm going with Ved to the front. I dont want Ved and Niko to be the only people on the ground getting attacked. Also, I have spirit guardians!

Thats true, I forgot you have the staff. Gonna need to be careful not die near it... If me and Barkvin sit on the hill, you three are in front, and Hjal is... probably on other hill? Or behind? We should should be ok.