Prologue — Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

iantruesilver

It's late, just going to make the roll and see what Ian says the results are before doing a write up.

Hmm.  Doesn't look good.  This RNG doesn't like me any more than the old school RNG does.

Save Adjustments:  +1 vs Robots.  +4 vs Mind Affecting Effects, Poisons and Stuns.  None of these are added in as I do not know if they apply.

Name
Will Save
1d20+16 2

Domino Only

spacer.png“Kill the unbelievers.” Even though the creature’s face seems to be without regular features or expression of any kind, it seems you are keenly aware that it is all of a sudden addressing you in specific. “Free them from their meaningless existence.”

(( Domino is now under a Dominate Person effect ))

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

Domino in Dreams 

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 200/200  | AC 34Fort (18) - Reflex (24) - Will (16)  |  Grit 4/4  |  I do not dream of electric sheep.

There is a thing in my hand.  It is odd and heavy and long.  I cannot use it.  She orders me to kill Val.  I cannot do it. 

I struggle, turning towards my sister, who is helpless.  She is right there.  I would not even need to use this strange weapon.  She cannot move.  I can just put a knife in her face.  

OOC

Is the weapon in Domino's hand a rifle?  Does it convert to a weapon she can use?

Domino has three levels in Gunslinger but as a Pistolero.  Well, technically, a Pistolero - Maverick - Gun Scavenger because I was playing "How Many Archetypes Can You Fit" since this was an opportunity to play around.  As a Pistolero, she is only proficient with one handed type firearms.    

Dominate Person School Enchantment (Compulsion) Mind-Affecting

I strongly feel the answer on this is negative, but have to ask.  Does +5 on the Save, raising it from 18 to 23 make the save.

Dominate Person is either 4th or 5th level.  Base save is 20+Spell Level making this a minimum of 24 required.

D'oh.  10+Spell Level but there are feats and factors and at a guess I am thinking 23 still fails but have hopes for the 29 still.

Also "any subject forced to take actions against its nature receives a new saving throw with a +2 bonus."  

Typically, being asked to kill your friends counts as an action against your nature.  Possibly if she had not included Val in the order we could debate that Domino doesn't really know these people but killing Val is most certainly against Domino's nature.

Adding a second Save Roll to this post.  And that is still a low roll but the bonuses are pretty good. 

Might have made it.  I feel like I have to wait to find out the result.

Name
Break Dominate Kill Order
1d20+23 6

T'Sarra Khonnor 

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 246/246  | AC 40(+1 vs robots)Fort (19) - Reflex (21) - Will (19)  |  Init: 14 

T'Sarra didn't know who this 'Cassandalee' was, but she was clearly being manipulated to attack the others, people she knew, including Khonnir's daughter Val. So was Domino, apparently.

She acted quickly, commanding her wolf to guard Val against Cassandalee, while she focused on freeing Domino.

Free: Command animal companion to guard Val. She'll attack anyone who threatens Val.

Move:

Standard: cast Dispel Magic on Domino

Name
caster level check to dispel Domino's dominate DC 11 + spell's caster level
1d20+24 3
handle animal to get her wolf to guard Val
1d20+24 18
spellcraft to identify dominate 'spell'
1d20+9 15

T'Sarra Only

spacer.pngspacer.pngPerhaps it is not so much as a spell per-se happening in front of you very eyes, however you are definitely aware of the fact that this creature has gained control of Domino's mind as though via a Dominate Person spell.

As the wisps of protective essencespacer.png leave your fingertips, you realize that it is not enough to nullify this creature's influence over the android.

Domino Only

spacer.png“Destroy them.” The voice demands, cold and with an aloof intolerance; there is no resisting its awesome power.

(( Domino is controlled via the Dominate Person effect ))

Before your very eyes, the weapon within Domino's hands warps, shrinking into a much smaller configurationil_794xN.2191755991_o74q.jpg that is easily handled in one hand.  It genuinely looks as though it was a wand, or a long cylinder of sorts, with a grip and trigger mechanism mounted onto the underside.

Around Barhuce, Rain, Val and Vri, the dreadful looking devices continue to unfold, machine vices gripping each by the torso and limbs, gigantic spines and sharp needles pointing inward at each of the captives.

spacer.png"No, no...  Please..."  The woman previously caught in mechanical bondage finally speaks, now having revealed the telltale signs that she too is an android.  Though she pleads with the creature clearly exercising some amount of control over her actions, it is as though she's entirely powerless to resist, as she raises the terrifying weapon, the long rectangular barrel pointing directly at Vri's forehead as she sights the half-elf through the scope downrange.

The next instant plays out agonizingly slow, it was as if time itself came to a crawl as the woman's finger began to squeeze back on the trigger against her will, her pleading words ringing as though a piercing scream echoing in space.  "Please!  Stop!"

(( The weapon that's materialized in Domino's hand is a Death ray.   All who were stunned earlier may now act, however you are now each grappled by a machine. ))

Name
Will Save (Belinda)
1d20+23 6
Target (B, R, Va, Vr)
1d4 4

Barhuce the Dreamer

spacer.png With some contortion, Barhuce slips out of the foul device and immediately shifts position to put a pillar (at least it looks like a pillar on the map) between himself and the androids with weird weapons. "Just so you know, I'm pretty sure dying isn't what I'm here for. You know, since you asked."

Statblock

Barhuce Dream State
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 22, [B]Init[/B] 10, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 37, [B]Touch[/B] 24, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 28, [B]CMD[/b] 44, [B]Fort[/B] 22, [B]Ref[/B] 25, [B]Will[/B] 16, [B]CMB[/B] +20/+15/+10, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 15/10/5   
[B]10d8+22 v undead or constructs, DC 31 Alkahest Bomb (24/day) [/B] 24/19/14 (10d4+12, x2)
[B]+5 light Mace [/B] 25/2015 (1d6+10, x2)
[B]  Dagger [/B] 20/15/10 (1d4+5, 19-20/x2)
[B]+5 Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+7 Armor, +8 Dex, +5 Natural, +6 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 20, Dex 26, Con 20, Int 34, Wis 20, Cha 16
[B]Condition[/B] None  

Edited by Inash (see edit history)
Name
Escape Artist
1d20+30 13
Initiative
1d20+10 10

Rain-in-Summer in Dreams

B8278D38-D56D-4D10-84D2-D1157F76821D.png.118b158dda0b886a8d97c1aa24ef7467.pngHP 225/225 

AC 33 T 18 FF 30

Fort 17 Ref 15 Will 30

Init 13

Rain attempts to cast a spell on herself to escape, before the androids turn their attention to her.

Rain manages to complete her casting and slips free from the cage. Her head whips towards the two, armed androids. The birthmark hidden behind her veil begins to glow, and thorny burns rapidly spring from the ground, enveloping the androids and blocking their view of Rain’s companions.

Rain rushes over to Vri. “Do not worry. I will get you out.”

[Action to cast Freedom of movement on self, will edit in a Swift action if needed

Swift: quickened wall of thorns (via spell perfection), going to create a load of vines around and in the squares of both androids. Can do 44 10x10x5ft squares.

Move: over to Vri]

Edited by madMonk (see edit history)
Name
Concentration
1d20+32 16
Initiative
1d20+13 6

Domino in Dreams 

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 200/200  | AC 34Fort (18) - Reflex (24) - Will (16)  |  Grit 4/3  |  I do not dream of electric sheep.

"This has promise."  Domino gives the pistol an experimental spin.  

She takes one step back while deft hands slap the side of the pistol and twist a dial on the main chamber, which in turn begins to hum dangerously and fizzle with red-black sparks.  

OOC

Kill Them.  Well the most efficient way is to fill the room.  Gun Scavenger Change Out (Ex): Full-round action - Give Firearm the Scatter Weapon Quality.  Cost = 1 Grit if Weapon is not currently in Broken Condition.   

Rolling Initiative vs Everyone Else because it feels like who goes when might be important. 

If she failed to act before wall of thorns, then hold still.

Slippery Mind (Ex) If you fail a save vs. an Enchantment spell/effect, can re-save once next rd. 

Rolling Now to find out if her mind is her own next round.  Finally a good save.  

Map Link

Name
Initiative
1d20+7 5
Slippery Mind Save
1d20+21 18

T'Sarra Khonnor 

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 246/246  | AC 40(+1 vs robots)Fort (19) - Reflex (21) - Will (19)  |  Init: 14 

T'Sarra saw a few people starting to squirm free, and went to help the one she knew, Val, Khonnir's daughter. She didn't know her well but she knew Khonnir and therefore how important she was to him. She moved up beside her and freed her from the confines of the machine.

Free:

Move: Next to Val

Standard: cast Freedom of movement on Val

Name
initiative (with temporal celerity revelation)
keep(3d20,highest,1)+14 2,4,3

spacer.png

Val at first just seems confused, and stunned.  She is looking around groggily, trying to find something to focus on, and eventually it is Domino.

"I'm so sorry... it took so long to find you.  I wanted to hire someone, but daddy is so paranoid, he wouldn't give me the money to do it... it's not his fault, he's just so scared about the people looking for him.  I tried to tell you, the night before you left... it wasn't that he wanted to control you... he's just so afraid.  Dad and I are like that, we're scared... but you're brave, and he didn't understand it made him sound like he was trying to control you.  I'm sorry... I guess you thought I was siding with him, but I was just trying to explain.  I gave up studying wizardry, I found someone who could teach me how to find lost people.... I'm sorry it took so long... three years, I was worried about you the whole time, but I had learn how to pick up your trail and find you.  I missed you the whole time, I was worried what was happening... I'm so sorry it took so long."  After this long rambling dialogue she seems to focus more, able to do something, and then T'sara casts a spell to free her from the machine.  Val steps free and draws her gun, turning on the thing that brought them here, "AND YOU TOOK HER FROM ME!"  The young girl begins pulling papers off her bandolier, loading her gun with the shot and powder stored in the paper bullet.  "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU FOR THAT!"

Domino

The number of times you have seen Val upset, you could count on one hand.  You have never seen her this upset before.

Edited by Wiz (see edit history)
Name
Initiative
1d20+6 17

image.jpeg.3f95306a23dfeb7a6f315970d6687d0e.jpeg

Statblock

Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund dream state
Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, Level 20, Init 8, HP 221/221, Speed 30ft
AC 39, Touch 25, Flat-footed 29, CMD 51, Fort 16, Ref 25, Will 17, CMB +26/+21/+16/+11, Base Attack Bonus 20/15/10/5   

Weapons
silversheen, attuned +5, ghost touch, flaming burst rapier 37/32/27/22 (35/30/25/20) (1d6+15, 15-20/x3)
cold iron dagger 32/27/22/17 (1d4+10, 17-20/x3)
attuned +5 shortbow (20) 33/28/23/18 (1d6+5, x3)

Armour
attuned +5, ghost touch, light fortification Studded Leather (+8 Armor, +1 Shield, +5 Dex, +5 Natural, +5 Deflect)
Abilities Str 22, Dex 26, Con 16, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 24
Condition None 

When the stun effect wore off, Vri tried to get out of the bindings, but she didn't manage to get out of them.

"Let me go you &$%&," she shouted, not hearing rain as she kept shouting at the thing in front of her, while she kept trying to get out.

spacer.png"I... told you... to STOP!"

At the last fraction of a second, the android's nanite circuitry glowing bright, the barrel of her weapon pivots to point at the domineering figure of the angelic creature.  Without giving her new opponent any time to evade or retreate, the woman squeezed the trigger and opened fire, flooding the entire chamber with brilliant, bright light...

"NOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooo...."  The sound of the creature's roar of complaint fades as the light fills your senses and your mind, along with it your sense of self and surroundings...

spacer.png

Name
Will Save #2 (Belinda)
1d20+23 17